Louis Van Gaal Not At Fault for Man Utd Problems

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Louis Van Gaal Not At Fault for Man Utd Problems

Post by benteke »

:rotf: what a thread
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:LVG's obsession with playing people out of position is mind boggling:

*Rashford (a young hungry striker with a great turn of pace and ability to finish inside the box) - shunted out to right wing, asked to play as auxillary wing back to mark the opposition's left back, played 5 games in a row, in danger of burn out 2 weeks into his career.

Martial - see Rashford, and replace "right" with "left" (and vice-versa).

*Blind - a calm assured full back or midfielder with the ability to spot a pass. No pace or aerial strength. Played out of position at CD.

*Carrick - see Blind.

*Fellaini - a very dangerous player who can wreak havoc in the air if played just behind the main striker. Played as a DM and striker.

*Fosu-Mensah - a promising CM. Played at LB and CD.

*Januzaj - a promising winger. Played at wing back, and center forward.

*Valencia - a good winger with pace. Played at FB.

*Young - see Valencia.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

say it ain't so

i'm sure the Doom & Gloom Merchants would have screamed ****_YOUR_PHILOSOPHY...if they supported United at that time

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

felarey wrote:
tfco wrote:
wiseone wrote:Exactly. Man Utd were on the bottom 3 - facing relegation into the old Second Division when Ferguson took over. He lost his first game 0-2 to Oxford Utd. Oxford Utd are no longer even a professional football club! Moyes took over the reigning champions. LVG got 250 million to spend. Imagine what Fergie could have done if the Glazers allowed him to spend that much in 2 years.
felarey wrote:What seems to be unknown here is Utd were facing relegation when Fergie took over. Two managers with similar pedigree employed under very different circumstances with different resources.
:lol: :lol:

LVG haters. Please quote the net spend, not the 250M you keep reading in the media.

Net spend is 129M, still a lot.

We have played crap football at times this year, but i still remain optimistic that we will play very attractive football with the personnel LVG has.
Don't call those that criticize the manager haters. Just because you choose not to albeit while saying he's put out crap football does not justify your hopeful 'I told u so' dats in waiting. I'm sure everyone connected with Utd including ex players and d executives want LVG to do well and aren't just haters.
through.the.tough.and.difficult.times....

always support the MANAGER

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:
felarey wrote:
tfco wrote:
wiseone wrote:Exactly. Man Utd were on the bottom 3 - facing relegation into the old Second Division when Ferguson took over. He lost his first game 0-2 to Oxford Utd. Oxford Utd are no longer even a professional football club! Moyes took over the reigning champions. LVG got 250 million to spend. Imagine what Fergie could have done if the Glazers allowed him to spend that much in 2 years.
felarey wrote:What seems to be unknown here is Utd were facing relegation when Fergie took over. Two managers with similar pedigree employed under very different circumstances with different resources.
:lol: :lol:

LVG haters. Please quote the net spend, not the 250M you keep reading in the media.

Net spend is 129M, still a lot.

We have played crap football at times this year, but i still remain optimistic that we will play very attractive football with the personnel LVG has.
Don't call those that criticize the manager haters. Just because you choose not to albeit while saying he's put out crap football does not justify your hopeful 'I told u so' dats in waiting. I'm sure everyone connected with Utd including ex players and d executives want LVG to do well and aren't just haters.
through.the.tough.and.difficult.times....

always support the MANAGER
Always support the TEAM.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

YemiBrazil wrote:
felarey wrote:
tfco wrote:losing 2-0 at Anfield with zero shots on target was just not good

tactics? Fellini starting over Herrera/Schweini?

hmm
Hater :taunt:
:lol: :lol: His Kumasi eyes don dey clear.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
felarey wrote:
tfco wrote:losing 2-0 at Anfield with zero shots on target was just not good

tactics? Fellini starting over Herrera/Schweini?

hmm
Hater :taunt:
:lol: :lol: His Kumasi eyes don dey clear.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:roll: :roll:

i criticise if it is deserved.

Jose dropped Bailly and i didn't agree.
Jose gave Dalot his EPL debut against Arsenal ....didn't agree

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Its due to our support for the team, we vent our anger because the coach is not playing the united way, whats hard for anyone to understand this? real fans speak the truth irrespective, thats why we pay money to see games or pay a premium to watch the live games, without the fans, there is no football, understand this!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Its due to our support for the team, we vent our anger because the coach is not playing the united way, whats hard for anyone to understand this? real fans speak the truth irrespective, thats why we pay money to see games or pay a premium to watch the live games, without the fans, there is no football, understand this!
we have had 3 defensive managers post Fergie

United is a big club, WE NEED TO SPEND TO GET THE TOP PLAYERS. Understand this

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Its due to our support for the team, we vent our anger because the coach is not playing the united way, whats hard for anyone to understand this? real fans speak the truth irrespective, thats why we pay money to see games or pay a premium to watch the live games, without the fans, there is no football, understand this!

Leicester won the league in between with a squad worth 54 million pounds, Mourinho spent 400 million and got us playing worse than west ham, we leaked in over 25 goals under a so called defensive manager
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

Leicester won the league in between with a squad worth 54 million pounds, Mourinho spent 400 million and got us playing worse than west ham, we leaked in over 25 goals under a so called defensive manager
Inheritance Merchant asked for 4 defenders. FOUR. He got all 4
Jose asked for 1 defender. NO

Leicester was an anomaly. All the major teams were going through their slumps. do not use Leicester as an example of anything

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S