Rafa @ Newcastle - The Best League 2018/19

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rafa @ Newcastle - The Championship

Post by Coach »

Hardest league in football. Benitez is going to have to do it "three the hard way".
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

hmm 2 games 2 losses for Newcastle. Na WOW
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Hasn't quite got the going and misjudged the terrain on both outings. Gayle was a decent signing but would be a worldly alongside a thoroughbred. #RudiGestede. Not enough emphasis on width, too busy fannying around in midfield. Two pacy wingers, fullbacks or wingbacks with good whip in the cross and they're up. Benitez has his work cut out. Needs to turn it around and quickly. Confidence is key. Yet to play any of the big boys.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Newcastle needs deliverance....how Rafa decided to ruin his career with this useless job remains a mystery. From Real Madrid to a sinking NewCastle, and he decided to sink with them. I hope he turns it around, but they are losing to teams they should be flossing with with.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

SECOND DAY OF CHAMPIONSHIP

NEWCASTLE 1 V 2 HUDDERSFIELD

[/video]
Last edited by danfo driver on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TXJ is the worse kind of wife to have! When things are rosy and her husband has a luxurious job at real madrid, she is all over town flaunting the jewelry he has bought her. However, once her husband has difficulty in life, she disappears! :sad: :sad:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

FAT FAILURE :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:Newcastle needs deliverance....how Rafa decided to ruin his career with this useless job remains a mystery. From Real Madrid to a sinking NewCastle, and he decided to sink with them. I hope he turns it around, but they are losing to teams they should be flossing with with.
The man's career has been ruined for a while now. No club wanted him! He simply had no choice but to go to Division 2! When he gets fired from Newcastle, he is finished! No one will touch him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap:

Our Atsu scored a peach away to Rotherham.
Similar goal to his AFCON 2015 Goal Of The Tournament

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Has any one of you lads been keeping an eye on Rafa's Newcastle, they are doing well lately, looks like a Rafalution is going on there.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The last time I checked, they were on top of the league
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

green4life wrote:The last time I checked, they were on top of the league
:thumbs: :thumbs: They are in last 8 of CC
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

benteke wrote:Has any one of you lads been keeping an eye on Rafa's Newcastle, they are doing well lately, looks like a Rafalution is going on there.
They are definitely coming back to EPL.
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I am happy for him sha..that was a big gamble he took. If he brings them back ,well he might just as well make their his home.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
amoky
Egg
Egg

Post by amoky »

Everyone were already castigating Benitez.... Newcastle is a big club with big stadium and fan base. All the club needed was a big manager like Benitez and the last time i was this happy as a fan was under Keegan and Sir Bobby Robson. When the We get the promotion ticket, Benitez will bring in player that will compete with the top teams... where are those making fun after our 2 games
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

maybe mikel should go there and reunite with Rafa
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

When were Mikel and Benitez previously Connected?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

joao wrote:When were Mikel and Benitez previously Connected?
Chelsea.
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Up Barcode!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

There was a tiki taka goal they scored from kickoff, i was impressed
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

watching Brighton v Newcy

I cannot believe the job Chris Hughton has done with Brighton

This guy is a top coach.

Anyway 20' gone. 1-0 and Brighton are TOTL

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

tfco wrote:watching Brighton v Newcy

I cannot believe the job Chris Hughton has done with Brighton

This guy is a top coach.

Anyway 20' gone. 1-0 and Brighton are TOTL
He is a top coach
Met the guy - very nice person
I'm happy for my favourite lily-livered player of all time...
If Poch goes to Barca, Hughton over Klinsmann as Spurs coach all the way
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Theres only so much rope-a-dope the rope will allow. Newcs were pressing and ultimately, their quality prevailed. If Rafa fails to win the league with the squad at his disposal, promotion alone should be considered a failure.

As for Hughton, very much the type to make a team greater than the sum of its components. The issue is when the ceiling of expectation is raised and the standard of the squad lifted. Tottenham would be too big a job, but certainly a Bournemouth, Swansea, Boro would be a good platform to build on. Brighton will go up, one hopes they stick with him regardless.