EVERTON ACCUSED NFA OF DOUBLE STANDARDS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Although they have a point, I will not sympathise with Evertoin because of all the noise they have been making about paying Yobo's wages. Besides, I do not trust Everton to reciprocate the gesture.

Bolton have sent a physio to the Eagles camp, Arsenal have done so in the past and Harry Redknapp as we all know is one of the nicest men around who would do anything to help. If Nigeria asked Everton to allow them use their ground to train, would the Toffees oblige?

Everton are making too much noise abeg.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Wetin Una think?

In fairness to Everton they really do have a case for complaint but they are wasting thier time, they are really pissiing in the wind on this one. We may have been unfair to Everton, but we have done nothing wrong.

One rule for us...

The Nigerian FA must really be relying on Joseph Yobo in the African Nations Cup. So desperate were they to have the defender join up with the squad that the contacted officials at Goodison to ensure that there would be no misunderstanding with the date Yobo would depart. Turns out that Arsenal, Bolton Wanderers and Portsmouth received a different set of instructions.

While J-Yo was flying to North Africa three or his international teammates were preparing to represent their Premiership clubs. Arsenal’s Kanu, Bolton’s Jay-Jay Okocha and Portsmouth’s Yakubu were all given permission to stay in England for a further 10 days.

This has lead to Chief Executive Michael Dunford spitting the dummy. The quiffed one is now going to send a letter of complaint to the Nigerian FA although I have a feeling that he will be pissing in the wind.

Dunford said: “We feel we have been victims of some unfair practice this week with regard to the release of international footballers.

"The situation of international dates is always high on the agenda whenever the Premier League or the Football Association meet and at present the African Nations’ Cup is about to take place, which could mean Premiership clubs having to do without African players for up to four or five weeks.

"When you sign an African player you are aware that this will be a potential problem but what has annoyed Everton is the fact that Joseph Yobo joined up with Nigeria earlier than three of his Premiership international team-mates - Kanu, Okocha and Yakubu.

"All four clubs concerned kept in contact with each other over the issue and David Moyes was assured by the Nigerian FA that all four players would be treated in the same way and as I recall they were all due to fly out to the training camp a week last Monday.

"However, to our surprise, we found out the following weekend that, although Joseph had gone, the other three were all in Premiership action for their respective clubs! Indeed, Kanu and Okocha stayed even longer to take part in this week’s Carling Cup semi-finals.

"We have registered the strongest possible protest to the Nigerian FA indicating that this is simply not fair to Everton.

"If they want the co-operation of the Premiership clubs, and don’t forget we are still paying Joseph’s wages while he is away with Nigeria, then we expect the same level of assistance in return.

"We don’t want one of our players twiddling his thumbs whilst his employers are playing domestic fixtures without him.

"We are currently awaiting a reply from the Nigerian FA as to why Joseph travelled to join the national squad whilst the other three appear to have been given special dispensation to fly out at later dates."
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

What the hell is wrong with Everton? On the contrary, i don't think they have any point.Why didn't they get in touch with the NFA, like Bolton and Arsenal did, to allow Yobo report late?

All this medicine without debt will not help anybody.If they like let them not pay the boy's wages.

LA Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

they have a point. We must avoid double standards. I also can not fault NFA as we all wished that everyone reported to camp promptly. Bolton, Arsenal & Portsmouth twisted NFA's arms. This is one more reason why the schedule of ANC should be reviewed. The European clubsides are simply stronger than our CAF and if we dont want the ANC to lose relevance (boycot by big stars), the time must be shifted to acoomodate Europe's schedule.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

All the NFA have to do is to point them in direction of FIFA's rule on players release.

The NFA have the discretion to do what they please within the officially sanctioned window.

Cheers
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Unfortunately, Everton has a major point & they have a right to be very upset. It leaves me very sad to have to agree with the "Darth Everton" on anything but they are right on this one.

I have always said that precedents that allow certain players discretions have the effect of ultimately hurting other players that play by the rules.

At this point, it is safe to say FIFA/CAF will be forced to improve the scheduling of the ANC.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Mark my words, this is just the beginning of the fallouts from the FA's shenanigans with player IVs for the ANC.
The worst is yet to come...
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

They make a valid point...end of story.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:Mark my words, this is just the beginning of the fallouts from the FA's shenanigans with player IVs for the ANC.
The worst is yet to come...
txj, I am afraid you are right, a dangerous precedent has been set.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
khalela

Post by khalela »

They do not have a valid point. Arsene Wenger sent Kanu to ask for permission personally. If Everton thought that Yobo was indispensible, why did they not find a way around it. JJ also spoke personally to the NFA and asked for concessions. Yobo was released well within the FIFA stated directives and NFA did no wrong in asking for him then. So what are they crying foul for.
They just were not as sharp as Big Sam or as desperate as Arsene Wenger.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

well i think the people from Everton have been reading my posts..anyway they dont need to because it is too obvious...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Billybones
Egg
Egg

Post by Billybones »

How can NFA be accused of double standards when it is an open secret that they have no standards?
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

like TXJ said, this situation can only get worse.

for one, Yobo will not stick his neck too far out the next time around. He can see the double-standard as well as anyone else. While he may be the ultimate role model & patriot, there is nothing in this situation to be a hero for.

they must change the ANC scheduling.
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

Indeed they do have a point but I don't understand why they are making such a fuss aout of the whole thing. Again remember that should Yobo had been allowed to stay back he might have warmed the bench so why the noise.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better