Oloye -- did you notice your teammates

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Oloye -- did you notice your teammates

Post by danfo driver »

Oloye:

The principal characteristic of a Nigerian player is stupidity (dumbness) . i wish I didn't have to say it, but this is the fact.

My questions is, and I have thought about this for a while, when you were in the national team, did you notice that your teammates were very dumb in other aspects of their daily life?

I ask because I think of someone like Ahmed Musa, who is the dumbest and most brain dead footballer I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing. . right down there with Ramires, and I wonder- - who does this guy function in normal life. Can he count his salary? Can he eat solid foods? Can this gentleman drink water out of a cup? Does he go "potty" in the kitchen sink at home?

This is a serious question, and I need a serious answer please, Oloye. In your time, did you notice that your teammates struggled with everyday life?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Oloye -- did you notice your teammates

Post by amafolas »

This is insulting! Making football-dumb decisions does not make the person dumb. Criticize players football not their lives. Stay classy guys.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

danfo driver wrote:Oloye:

The principal characteristic of a Nigerian player is stupidity (dumbness) . i wish I didn't have to say it, but this is the fact.

My questions is, and I have thought about this for a while, when you were in the national team, did you notice that your teammates were very dumb in other aspects of their daily life?

I ask because I think of someone like Ahmed Musa, who is the dumbest and most brain dead footballer I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing. . right down there with Ramires, and I wonder- - who does this guy function in normal life. Can he count his salary? Can he eat solid foods? Can this gentleman drink water out of a cup? Does he go "potty" in the kitchen sink at home?

This is a serious question, and I need a serious answer please, Oloye. In your time, did you notice that your teammates struggled with everyday life?

All because he is representing his Country? Na wa o :shock:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I think you are dumb one here for opening such a stupid thread. You think players like Musa and Ramires made millions playing the game by being dumb

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

amafolas wrote:This is insulting! Making football-dumb decisions does not make the person dumb. Criticize players football not their lives. Stay classy guys.
I mean, the nerve and sheer arrogance...smh
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Most ridiculous stuff I ever read on CE.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Exactly! This is why I have come humbly to ask Oloye, as he knew these guys personally. He can confirm that they reserve thdur dumbness specifically for football, is they can bring pain and anguish to Nigerians, but when its time to count money or toast woman, they are next to Einstein.

Nigerians deserve to know the truth.

If Musa is brain dead and a halfwit in every aspect of his life, I will accept it. But for that thing to reserve his imbecility for my dear super eagles, that I won't accept
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

footballers are "dumb" because real "smart" people are too busy being ordinary noisy fans with inflated delusions of their self-worth.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

danfo driver wrote:Exactly! This is why I have come humbly to ask Oloye, as he knew these guys personally. He can confirm that they reserve thdur dumbness specifically for football, is they can bring pain and anguish to Nigerians, but when its time to count money or toast woman, they are next to Einstein.

If Musa is brain dead and a halfwit in every aspect of his life, I will accept it. But for that thing to reserve his imbecility for my dear super eagles, that I won't accept
oh wow. so even after everyone pointed out whats wrong with you initially posted. So rather than retract, you double down. How sad.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

More likely, you are the dumbest one.
YUJAM wrote:I think you are dumb one here for opening such a stupid thread. You think players like Musa and Ramires made millions playing the game by being dumb

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:Exactly! This is why I have come humbly to ask Oloye, as he knew these guys personally. He can confirm that they reserve thdur dumbness specifically for football, is they can bring pain and anguish to Nigerians, but when its time to count money or toast woman, they are next to Einstein.

so what are you going to do if you don't accept? ask CSKA to stop paying his tens of thousands per month salary because he can't count the money without your help?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Smh...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

so what are you going to do if you don't accept? ask CSKA to stop paying his tens of thousands per month salary because he can't count the money without your help?
You wonder why he is languishing in backwater Russia?
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

danfo driver, please tone down your anger.
Musa is not a bad player, and neither are many of his colleagues on the SE.
We need a coach who knows how to mold players into his system. What we just
witnessed is a coaching deficiency and thus a lack of team discipline. A coach is
akin to a choir master, and we need one who can make our talents 'sing together'.
Cheers!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Too harsh
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Joao, I disagree Musa is actually a horrible footballer. Horrendous.

Cheers chief.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Peter Obi For President 2023
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

You play a player to their strength.....if you play Neymar as a defender he will play dumb. I have been saying this for ages....do not give Musa more than he can chew....his club plays to his strength and he rewards them with goals. We do not have a system that allows Musa to thrive,it is that simple.

That said danfo_driver, i appreciate your anger and frustration,but i think you went overboard with the insult,it is not fair. Criticise him but recognise that same player in the course of serving his motherland has brought you joy in the past.

I feel sorry for the way that boy is being misused and placed on the altar where everyone can take cheap shots at him. All i ask our coaches to do for God's sake is to look at the way his club utilises and get results from him and use him likewise. If they cannot accomodate him,they need to recognise this and stop making a fool out of the boy's zeal to serve.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Fans don vex. :taunt: :taunt: I prefer such vitriolic reactions than praying for football miracles.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Thank you Oloye.

Knowing your hatred for dumbness, willian, Oscar and Ramires, I knew you will understand my point and not go overboard like the holier than thou crowd here.

To our point regarding Musa, I see what you are saying about streamlining his role to make sure he does what he is good at, and nothing else. However, my goodness, I have never seen a footballer who insists on the wrong decision more than Musa. Maybe Ramires, but my goodness, Musa is off the chain. Its like once he steps on the pitch, he is done with thinking.

There is no footballer I despise more than this guy. Maybe Ramires. ..but I have a deep seethed hatred for dumbness
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Oloye, nah your mate??

Good riddance to bad rubbish!
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

danfo driver wrote:Thank you Oloye.

Knowing your hatred for dumbness, willian, Oscar and Ramires, I knew you will understand my point and not go overboard like the holier than thou crowd here.

To our point regarding Musa, I see what you are saying about streamlining his role to make sure he does what he is good at, and nothing else. However, my goodness, I have never seen a footballer who insists on the wrong decision more than Musa. Maybe Ramires, but my goodness, Musa is off the chain. Its like once he steps on the pitch, he is done with thinking.

There is no footballer I despise more than this guy. Maybe Ramires. ..but I have a deep seethed hatred for dumbness
show me any post where Egbon Oloye went beyond criticizing dumb football plays and started calling the players dumb outside of football. Criticism about football is par for the course. Everyone has their opinions. But the bits about there other personal lives is what is overboard. There should be no room for that.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

amafolas wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Thank you Oloye.

show me any post where Egbon Oloye went beyond criticizing dumb football plays and started calling the players dumb outside of football. Criticism about football is par for the course. Everyone has their opinions. But the bits about there other personal lives is what is overboard. There should be no room for that.
That is your problem. I have the right to wonder whether a an who acts like he has no brain can pour water successfully in a cup. If Musa sees a person wearing red and his teammates are wearing green. Yet, must passes freely to the opponent in red, that tells me that I am looking at a person who is mentally incapable of distinguishing the difference between red and green.