BBC Biased Towards ManU!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
BBC Biased Towards ManU!

Post by Kabalega »

So it is true that BBC favours ManU :boo:

Source

BBC football boss denies Manchester United favouritism
The Head of the BBC football denies bias, but says they will 'monitor' their future coverage of the club

The BBC has been forced to defend accusations that they are employing Manchester United-favouritism in their programming
By Callum Davis9:05PM GMT 03 Nov 2015

The BBC has been forced to deny that it is favouring Manchester United in their television coverage.
Accusations that the BBC is demonstrating a bias towards the Premier League club in its programming comes after a string of United-themed documentaries were broadcast on the public service.

Class of 92: Out of Their League, a documentary based on the Class of 92's fledgling ownership of Salford City, was broadcast last Thursday and came just weeks after the BBC produced an hour-long interview with ex-Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.
The interview came just two weeks after BBC One broadcast Gary Lineker's meeting with Wayne Rooney to mark the striker's 30th birthday.

Gary Lineker met Wayne Rooney as part of a programme to mark the striker's 30th birthday
BBC executive, Mark Cole, defended his channel's coverage, but acknowledged they would be mindful of its content in future.

When asked if the BBC was obsessed with the Old Trafford club, he told Radio Times: “That was mentioned when we were choosing the games and I said 'look we have to just choose what we think is the best game and we’ve just got to make sure all of our coverage is fully representative of the whole country', which it is.”

"I can see as a collective that some people will say ‘look actually you have got to be careful on that’, I think it is just one for us to keep an eye on.
“I think if you had said five years ago that the BBC would be accused of having a bias towards coverage in the north then people would have laughed at you.”

Sir Alex Ferguson's interview with political correspondent Nick Robinson was broadcast on BBC One
The second half of the two-part documentary on the Class of 92's ownership of Salford City will be aired later this week, 24 hours before Salford's FA Cup game against Notts County, which is also due to be televised live on BBC.

Manchester United's breakaway club, FC United, have condemned the BBC's decision to broadcast Salford City's first round game live, complaining about the adverse effect on football fans and asserting that "football is a sport not a game show".
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu