Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Post by Coach »

Nonsense. City are rebuilding. But for Aguero, the bulk of the central spine has changed. Can Bravo speak English? Stones has yet to pair with King Vincent, bit part Fernandinho is now main man, Sterling had to come back from the dead, Nolito new to the Prem. To blend them all and get results at the same time, will be a marvelous feat.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:Nonsense. City are rebuilding. But for Aguero, the bulk of the central spine has changed. Can Bravo speak English? Stones has yet to pair with King Vincent, bit part Fernandinho is now main man, Sterling had to come back from the dead, Nolito new to the Prem. To blend them all and get results at the same time, will be a marvelous feat.
Rebuilding what ?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ok, they're not. Everything is the same. Ask Wee-wee Wan Gaal how easy it is to blood in new players and a new way of playing. If Guardiola bags the title, it will be one of his finest. That said, he wont, the league is Beloved's to lose.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:Ok, they're not. Everything is the same. Ask Wee-wee Wan Gaal how easy it is to blood in new players and a new way of playing. If Guardiola bags the title, it will be one of his finest. That said, he wont, the league is Beloved's to lose.
But Pellegrini came in through the same process, found a City in similar circumstances, bought players and won the EPL title on then first attempt.
Remember City started very well last season, just that they lost motivation midway.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
Coach wrote:Ok, they're not. Everything is the same. Ask Wee-wee Wan Gaal how easy it is to blood in new players and a new way of playing. If Guardiola bags the title, it will be one of his finest. That said, he wont, the league is Beloved's to lose.
But Pellegrini came in through the same process, found a City in similar circumstances, bought players and won the EPL title on then first attempt.
Remember City started very well last season, just that they lost motivation midway.
City need to win the league. Simple as that. They had the best team last year and bankrolled Pep's project to a whooping approximately 200 million euros---more than any other club across Europe.

They have the weapons and I expect them to dismantle teams and win this league with a bit of ease, frankly!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
When it comes to their spanish master, these guys always seem to have excuses ready!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it is so quiet

no comment from Yu-seless, ChICken or Vincent

Next year Our Pep will spend zero.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You are a wicked man! I a shocked at the way Yujam has turned on Africans. this guy was a staunch supporter of anything African, but he is willing to throw Africans under the bus in support of Pep. The you have Vincent! Good luck! Keep searching for the guy... :rotf: :rotf:

As for CIChicken George, that one is a lost cause.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it is so quiet

no comment from Yu-seless, ChICken or Vincent

Next year Our Pep will spend zero.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You are a wicked man! I a shocked at the way Yujam has turned on Africans. this guy was a staunch supporter of anything African, but he is willing to throw Africans under the bus in support of Pep. The you have Vincent! Good luck! Keep searching for the guy... :rotf: :rotf:

As for CIChicken George, that one is a lost cause.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I would bet on Man U or Chelsea to win this season. Outside chance for City and Arsenal. Mourinho has his dream job, has scores to settle, and has the players to execute his plan. Conte's intensity might just bring the best out of Chelsea, who are unstoppable when they bring their game. They need Hazard to remain sharp and healthy, Costa to cut out the excesses, and they will be very dangerous.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:I asked you 2 days ago to include wages for all those signings including Pep's new transfers, and you went silent on that.
Im sure you realised that when we do it that way, the total suddenly jumpss to around 300million for Pep.
For United you only have to include that 12.5million that is exciting you, then we are back to square one, if you know what i mean. :rotf:

And how much would Manscum's jump to?
I was helping you to follow your logic, nobody is playing for free, so you can't ignore other signings salaries, and only make an issue about Zlatan's salary.
How can you say Bailly cost 30 million and Zlatan cost 12.5 million ?

On the account books we put a big fat Zero for Zlatan's transfer fee, unlike others where it's 30/40 million odd.

Then obviously everyone singed by every club is paid a wage/salary :biggrin:
Now we are getting your head in the right frame. That's progress....

And when we compute both wages and transfer fees, everybody's totals will of course go up. Including the additional 17m+ that City just logged...

And of course, it would be even more interesting to see how Zlatan's salary compares with young players like Gabriel Jesus and Sane, or Nolitos...
:lol: :shock:
Only you could pull that off. First the bs with only including Zlatan's wages followed by this.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kofi86 wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:I asked you 2 days ago to include wages for all those signings including Pep's new transfers, and you went silent on that.
Im sure you realised that when we do it that way, the total suddenly jumpss to around 300million for Pep.
For United you only have to include that 12.5million that is exciting you, then we are back to square one, if you know what i mean. :rotf:

And how much would Manscum's jump to?
I was helping you to follow your logic, nobody is playing for free, so you can't ignore other signings salaries, and only make an issue about Zlatan's salary.
How can you say Bailly cost 30 million and Zlatan cost 12.5 million ?

On the account books we put a big fat Zero for Zlatan's transfer fee, unlike others where it's 30/40 million odd.

Then obviously everyone singed by every club is paid a wage/salary :biggrin:
Now we are getting your head in the right frame. That's progress....

And when we compute both wages and transfer fees, everybody's totals will of course go up. Including the additional 17m+ that City just logged...

And of course, it would be even more interesting to see how Zlatan's salary compares with young players like Gabriel Jesus and Sane, or Nolitos...
:lol: :shock:
Only you could pull that off. First the bs with only including Zlatan's wages followed by this.
If TxJ wasnt a hated human being, he'd be very much liked! He is a source of entertainment. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

femibyte wrote:Anyone willing to bet with me that Pep isn't gonna come to Man City next season and sweep all and sundry before him ?

We will see how those EPL detractors (they know who they are) explain such a conundrum.
I mean we go see how the 'best coach in the world' according to La Liga standards holds up against the likes of Stoke on a wet winter evening. I can't wait. Dem go sober. The EPL is like no other league. Blood and thunder, guts and glory.
Pep go learn...
Still early days, but what is your assessment so far? Is Pep learning?
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pep will be fine. The guy is tops when it comes to getting his team to play at a high tempo and interesting tactical variances. He will be fine and will revolutionize English football
Scipio Africanus wrote:Pep will find it difficult to make top 4 with Man City next season. In fact, I don't think he will.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...by getting City to play the ball on the ground (the right way) contrary to the kick/rush they've been playing under their previous colo-mental managers
Simpleminded Thiefco strikes again. Anyway I hope you see the difference ;-)
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Vincent. wrote:
femibyte wrote:Anyone willing to bet with me that Pep isn't gonna come to Man City next season and sweep all and sundry before him ?

We will see how those EPL detractors (they know who they are) explain such a conundrum.
I mean we go see how the 'best coach in the world' according to La Liga standards holds up against the likes of Stoke on a wet winter evening. I can't wait. Dem go sober. The EPL is like no other league. Blood and thunder, guts and glory.
Pep go learn...
He's learned as much as he can against the likes of Bournemouth, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland and a poor Man United. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

Pep go learn...
He's learned as much as he can against the likes of Bournemouth, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland and a poor Man United. :D
Good to see that he is learning, especially considering the fact that "there are no easy games in the EPL."
I hope he continues to learn.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YUJAM wrote:
tfco wrote:
Pep will be fine. The guy is tops when it comes to getting his team to play at a high tempo and interesting tactical variances. He will be fine and will revolutionize English football
Scipio Africanus wrote:Pep will find it difficult to make top 4 with Man City next season. In fact, I don't think he will.

...by getting City to play the ball on the ground (the right way) contrary to the kick/rush they've been playing under their previous colo-mental managers
you have still not explained THE DIFFERENCE

what is stopping you?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Unless disaster strikes....Pep is gonna walk away with the league title.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Vincent. wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

Pep go learn...
Good to see that he is learning, especially considering the fact that "there are no easy games in the EPL."
I hope he continues to learn.
In fairness Pep has only played 2 long ball teams this year. Utd ]and Stoke...

I know, I know one those teams dont play long ball anymore....

My comments above were a bot unfair to Stoke :taunt:
Last edited by spastic on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

That's not for me to explain. Any football fan with a functioning brain should be able to tell the difference
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
tfco wrote:

you have still not explained THE DIFFERENCE

what is stopping you?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YUJAM wrote:That's not for me to explain. Any football fan with a functioning brain should be able to tell the difference
you are the one who made the assertion. Pep will revolutionize the Prem and the way football is played.

You are now running away from explaining it in detail.

Please explain.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Pep's never had a start as good as this in Spain or Germany. Anyway, still early doors.
http://www.naijiant.com/
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

oloye wrote:Unless disaster strikes....Pep is gonna walk away with the league title.
Oh lawd! Oloye you said the same after City's first 5 games last year too. Let's calm down a bit and take it game by game. Season still long.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

cic old boy wrote:Pep's never had a start as good as this in Spain or Germany. Anyway, still early doors.
True. But in fairness that might be a function of their schedule. They are yet to play any good teams 8-)