Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

femibyte
Egg
Egg
Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Post by femibyte »

Anyone willing to bet with me that Pep isn't gonna come to Man City next season and sweep all and sundry before him ?

We will see how those EPL detractors (they know who they are) explain such a conundrum.
I mean we go see how the 'best coach in the world' according to La Liga standards holds up against the likes of Stoke on a wet winter evening. I can't wait. Dem go sober. The EPL is like no other league. Blood and thunder, guts and glory.
Pep go learn...
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Post by cyrilndo »

Here Pep will have to show what he is capable of.
He managed Barca that was already a winning side with winning players.
He managed Bayern that was a winning side and always a dominant team in Bundesliga.

Now he is taking Manchester City that is not comparable to Barca or Bayern.
If he wins anything with Manchester City, be it the league or the Champions League before the knife comes down on him,
we can put his name among some of the few top coaches.
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Many will ready the money excuse, claiming a fiscally endowed Guardiola, has the luxury of fluffier mink coats than Frank Lucas. The obvious, casually ignored. The Jerichoian walls of Mancunia are crumbling. Pellegrini's last stand is captured perfectly in a shaky hand with a ring on the wrong finger. Bumbling and bungling. A rebuild is essential and that is where the risks of failure lie. Guardiola must strengthen and yet retain enough commonality as to allow a team to be forged.

Of their select XI, perhaps 4, at most 5, make it to the other side. How many other top 4 sides need such investment? City will demand success and rightly so, should Guardiola comply it will be no less a wonderful achievement.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

femibyte wrote:Anyone willing to bet with me that Pep isn't gonna come to Man City next season and sweep all and sundry before him ?

We will see how those EPL detractors (they know who they are) explain such a conundrum.
I mean we go see how the 'best coach in the world' according to La Liga standards holds up against the likes of Stoke on a wet winter evening. I can't wait. Dem go sober. The EPL is like no other league. Blood and thunder, guts and glory.
Pep go learn...
What's happening in the SL league? Do you get paid to promote the EPL?
http://www.naijiant.com/
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

femibyte wrote:Anyone willing to bet with me that Pep isn't gonna come to Man City next season and sweep all and sundry before him ?

Pep go learn...
You will not have made this post when City won 5 straight at the beginning of the season with +15 GD

The sheikh and co want the CL which The Fraudulent One will not be able to deliver.

Unless he brings The Swede over.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

femibyte wrote: I mean we go see how the 'best coach in the world' according to La Liga standards holds up against the likes of Stoke on a wet winter evening. I can't wait. Dem go sober. The EPL is like no other league. Blood and thunder, guts and glory.
This new age Stoke team cannot even do it on a wet winter night.

As for next season, it will be the most unpredictable season...ever.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

He will do fine in England though he and city fans may have to endure some temporary growing pains mostly because their squad needs a revamp and the tangible effects likely won't be seen in his first season.
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

All Pep needs to do is buy the right players to complete his team.
Rumours have it that Busquet may be leaving Barca for Man City.
I will like to see how his tactics will work.

I agree next year EPL will be very entertaining.
With Spurs, and Leicester fighting to remain in top 4, I am afraid Arsenal. :tic:
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Not sure about Busquets, but Ilkay Gundogan is supposedly set in stone. The arrivals will be telling. Does Guardiola continue his evolutionary state and force through the 3-1-4-2/3-4-3 he tried, somewhat unsuccessfully at Munich? With fullback a position of relative weakness at City, one wouldn't be at all surprised were he to insist upon a cocksure left-centre and switch to a back three. Aguero starts, De Bruyne floats, Silva in a deeper role, shades of Iniesta during the Brilliant Barca era. Tactically, Guardiola will bring change, chai! E go sweet!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

tfco wrote:

Pep go learn...
You will not have made this post when City won 5 straight at the beginning of the season with +15 GD

The sheikh and co want the CL which The Fraudulent One will not be able to deliver.

Yet you would be praising the football gods if Pep opted to join the red half of Manchester.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Pep will find it difficult to make top 4 with Man City next season. In fact, I don't think he will.

Wha choo looking at?!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Pep will find it difficult to make top 4 with Man City next season. In fact, I don't think he will.
Depends on Man City summer business, have a ton of overpaid brats to unload, they do that and buy effectively Man City will be favorites to win the PL.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote:He will do fine in England though he and city fans may have to endure some temporary growing pains mostly because their squad needs a revamp and the tangible effects likely won't be seen in his first season.
Let us see him build a team from the scratch, as opposed to the re-engineering he did at Barca and Bayern. Chai i am already drooling at what awaits us footy lovers next season. May Baba God keep us all till then. :thumbs:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Absolutely, barring the favourites tag, that will be a ploy by the bookmakers to divert the attention of punters. City are in need of a full refurb and irrespective of the money spent, shouldn't be favourites. In desperate need of new players, new system, new strategy, new ethos, the City job is perhaps one of the most difficult in top-flight football next season. Again, how many teams, supposedly challenging for honours, are as debilitated as Manchester City?

1. Hart
2. Zabaleta/Sagna
3. Clichy/Kolarov
4. Kompany
5. Otamendi
6. Fernandinho/Fernando
7. Sterling
8. Toure
9. Aguero
10. De Bruyne
11. Silva

No less than 4 of the starting 11 need replacing, some would argue 6, with Sterling included and Kompany moving into the Ledley King stage of his career. Otamend? the jury's still out. If Guardiola makes a title winning side of this broken down Benz, credit to him. Regardless.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Pep will find it difficult to make top 4 with Man City next season. In fact, I don't think he will.
Depends on Man City summer business, have a ton of overpaid brats to unload, they do that and buy effectively Man City will be favorites to win the PL.
He will need a lot of high quality players to implement his high press possession football. Right now maybe three City players have the quality he requires. Even if he gets his players, he will still need time to mold them. Nope. He ain't smelling top 4 next season.

Wha choo looking at?!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:^Absolutely, barring the favourites tag, that will be a ploy by the bookmakers to divert the attention of punters. City are in need of a full refurb and irrespective of the money spent, shouldn't be favourites. In desperate need of new players, new system, new strategy, new ethos, the City job is perhaps one of the most difficult in top-flight football next season. Again, how many teams, supposedly challenging for honours, are as debilitated as Manchester City?

1. Hart
2. Zabaleta/Sagna
3. Clichy/Kolarov
4. Kompany
5. Otamendi
6. Fernandinho/Fernando
7. Sterling
8. Toure
9. Aguero
10. De Bruyne
11. Silva

No less than 4 of the starting 11 need replacing, some would argue 6, with Sterling included and Kompany moving into the Ledley King stage of his career. Otamend? the jury's still out. If Guardiola makes a title winning side of this broken down Benz, credit to him. Regardless.

How come everyone seems to write off Fernandinho/Fernando, those are the ideal ballwinners who do all the dirty work for City, at least one of them would do well in Pep Guardiola's new pressing system
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Depends on the system and signings. Most, if not all, will come Germany or Spain, it would be logical for City to look closer to home for some additions. Kante, though Leicester have no need to sell. There are a couple of decent run of the mill fullbacks who could do a good enough job, leaving more of the millions for other areas. Centre-mid is key, will be surprised to see Fernandinho shipped out, decent engine, but perhaps lacking in the technical quality Guardiola craves. With Gundogan rumoured to be on his way in, t'is likely the Fernados will be moved on.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Benteke, Fernandinho should be retained. Fernando, hmmm? Think Sterling may get a chance as a right winger/wingback.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tfco wrote:

Pep go learn...

Yet you would be praising the football gods if Pep opted to join the red half of Manchester.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
i was not on the 'Let's Get Pep' bandwagon.

I tried to hop on the Jose to United bandwagon, but it just did not make sense.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cyrilndo wrote:All Pep needs to do is buy the right players to complete his team.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ok capain obvious.

name which of the other managers 'does_not_need_to_buy_the_right_players...'

a dumb comment if ever there was one. But that could be the starting point for the Pep-apologists

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pep will be fine. The guy is tops when it comes to getting his team to play at a high tempo using interesting tactical variances. He will be fine and will revolutionize English football
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YUJAM wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pep will be fine. The guy is tops when it comes to getting his team to play at a high tempo and interesting tactical variances. He will be fine and will revolutionize English football
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...by getting City to play the ball on the ground (the right way) contrary to the kick/rush they've been playing under their previous colo-mental managers

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

You would be well served by going out and doing some learning before jumping to respond. You should learn more about Pep's coaching methods. :idea:
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pep will be fine. The guy is tops when it comes to getting his team to play at a high tempo and interesting tactical variances. He will be fine and will revolutionize English football
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...by getting City to play the ball on the ground (the right way) contrary to the kick/rush they've been playing under their previous colo-mental managers
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"