Cybereagles
http://forum.cybereagles.com/

Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=271417
Page 12 of 13

Author:  tfco [ Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
How much the Inheritance Merchant spent.

Transfer Fees to acquire his players

What he spent to buy Player A from the selling Team....NOT how much he's paying the player


The original question was not limited to transfer fees alone. You inserted this limitation. Wages are part of what a team spends on a player.


and bonus and insurance and.......

what did United pay PSG for Zlatan? thank you

Author:  metalalloy [ Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
How much the Inheritance Merchant spent.

Transfer Fees to acquire his players

What he spent to buy Player A from the selling Team....NOT how much he's paying the player


The original question was not limited to transfer fees alone. You inserted this limitation. Wages are part of what a team spends on a player.


and bonus and insurance and.......

what did United pay PSG for Zlatan? thank you



Zero, Zilch. $0.00
Now how much did United spend on Zlatan last year? Thank you.

Author:  benteke [ Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
How much the Inheritance Merchant spent.

Transfer Fees to acquire his players

What he spent to buy Player A from the selling Team....NOT how much he's paying the player


The original question was not limited to transfer fees alone. You inserted this limitation. Wages are part of what a team spends on a player.


and bonus and insurance and.......

what did United pay PSG for Zlatan? thank you



Zero, Zilch. $0.00
Now how much did United spend on Zlatan last year? Thank you.


It's a shame the argument lives on.
I made it clear as we went along that I was talking about transfer fees.
The facts remain the same, Zlatan was a free transfer zero transfer fee. Finally we agree :thumbs:

Author:  metalalloy [ Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

benteke wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
How much the Inheritance Merchant spent.

Transfer Fees to acquire his players

What he spent to buy Player A from the selling Team....NOT how much he's paying the player


The original question was not limited to transfer fees alone. You inserted this limitation. Wages are part of what a team spends on a player.


and bonus and insurance and.......

what did United pay PSG for Zlatan? thank you



Zero, Zilch. $0.00
Now how much did United spend on Zlatan last year? Thank you.


It's a shame the argument lives on.
I made it clear as we went along that I was talking about transfer fees.
The facts remain the same, Zlatan was a free transfer zero transfer fee. Finally we agree :thumbs:



"WE" never disagreed. I was not part of your argument. You were and are correct that no transfer fee was paid. The original question was about how much Pep/City spent last season. I simply posted a current article that discusses total team spending in a season, and how it related to the point TJX made back then. Thiefco as usual tries really hard to obfuscate a simple issues.

Author:  benteke [ Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

metalalloy wrote:
benteke wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
How much the Inheritance Merchant spent.

Transfer Fees to acquire his players

What he spent to buy Player A from the selling Team....NOT how much he's paying the player


The original question was not limited to transfer fees alone. You inserted this limitation. Wages are part of what a team spends on a player.


and bonus and insurance and.......

what did United pay PSG for Zlatan? thank you



Zero, Zilch. $0.00
Now how much did United spend on Zlatan last year? Thank you.


It's a shame the argument lives on.
I made it clear as we went along that I was talking about transfer fees.
The facts remain the same, Zlatan was a free transfer zero transfer fee. Finally we agree :thumbs:



"WE" never disagreed. I was not part of your argument. You were and are correct that no transfer fee was paid. The original question was about how much Pep/City spent last season. I simply posted a current article that discusses total team spending in a season, and how it related to the point TJX made back then. Thiefco as usual tries really hard to obfuscate a simple issues.


But you guys know i was talking about spending on transfer fees.
Txj tried to slide in the salaries angle using Zlatan, that's were he created trouble, people wouldn't still be arguing.

Mine was a simple point, but the discussion on all the nitty gritty is a debate for other threads, where we will most likely agree on most points.

Author:  benteke [ Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season


Author:  metalalloy [ Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

benteke wrote:



Ouch :lol:

Author:  danfo driver [ Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

green4life wrote:
spastic wrote:
I see the anti-Pep crew are in full flare:

Anyway, haters gonna hate. Cant wait for next season.

Sanchez
Walker
Dani Alves
Mendy
Bertrand
Bernardo Silva*
Ederson Moraes*


2 acquisitions done, 5 more to go. And for what its worth, the purchases are really an attempt to Challenge for Champs League. Not the league. We failed to achieve our goal of winning the league last year. but the problems were easy to spot:

Worst save per goal ratio in league
2nd worst save ratio by a goalie in the league- simply put Bravo lost form this year. had we had the save ratio of a mid-table keeper, we'd have finish a point behind Chelsea. the acquisition of Moraes should fix that. I worry about his ball skills though.

Aging fullbacks
we went into the season knowing we had a problem at fullback last year, tried to move Kolarov and Zabaleta to Inter and Fernabache respectively, but both deals fell thru. So we couldn't bring in younger fitter fullbacks who fit the mode. fortunately 3 of our 4 over 30 fullbacks were on their last year. So a clear out this season was always on the card. Albeit I am not impressed with the interests I am seeing. Walker is Ok. I'd have gone for Benjamin Henrichs, Ricardo Perreira or Nelson Seemed myself. Dani Alves is a Champions League and "he knows how I think" link. As an ageist myself, I am strictly anti buying players over.30. I think its a risk and they are often worse for moving. Besides it is easier to play in Italy where the game is slow as hell.Past their prime players can look mint playing in Italy.

At LB I'd have considered Alex Grimaldi, and Jonas Hector over Mendy, I am nt a big fan of average technical player, I think Mendy is not that technically sound. He is an attacking force , a physical specimen and probably will easily be the best crossing fullback if we get him. But his general football intelligence and tactical wawareness needs a lot of work. Betrand might actually be the safest of all 4 interests. An all round good player who isn't exceptional at anything.

I think solving there weakness at keeper and fullback should put us right there at the end of the coming season challenging Tottenham and Liverpool for the Title. If Chelsea sort tut there striker issue, they may be in it too. But I genuinely think its a 3 way race, especially if we are able to make the Sanchez deal happen. As that move will automatically end Arsenal's chances.


Anyway, just popping in to see the guys :D


Dear Mr. Lilly Livered, here you go again with premature stuff. You obviously haven't learnt a thing from last season where City was blown out of the title race long before Christmas notwithstanding your premature ejaculation after Pep won his first 10 games. I warned you back then to pipe lowly but you no gree calm down until the losing streak which sent you into hiding. Now you are back for more abi? :mrgreen: ... I love how you have written off ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea in July. Carry on buddy :lol:


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Author:  danfo driver [ Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
How much the Inheritance Merchant spent.

Transfer Fees to acquire his players

What he spent to buy Player A from the selling Team....NOT how much he's paying the player


The original question was not limited to transfer fees alone. You inserted this limitation. Wages are part of what a team spends on a player.


and bonus and insurance and.......

what did United pay PSG for Zlatan? thank you



Zero, Zilch. $0.00
Now how much did United spend on Zlatan last year? Thank you.


While TFCO is anwsering that. Could you also tell us how much Zlatan made for United last season? Thank you. :lol: :lol:

Funny part of this argument is that ultimately, it makes the likes of TXJ and this numbskull look very stupid. If only you knew how much United made from Zlatan. :rotf: :rotf:

Author:  danfo driver [ Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

benteke wrote:



EBGEBLEBEGEE!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The gusy doesnt give a damn about revolution. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

First Conte feels betrayed and now, baldy feels hurt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: All these women coaches sef.

Author:  Bigpokey24 [ Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

metalalloy wrote:
benteke wrote:



Ouch :lol:

:rotf:

Author:  metalalloy [ Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
How much the Inheritance Merchant spent.

Transfer Fees to acquire his players

What he spent to buy Player A from the selling Team....NOT how much he's paying the player


The original question was not limited to transfer fees alone. You inserted this limitation. Wages are part of what a team spends on a player.


and bonus and insurance and.......

what did United pay PSG for Zlatan? thank you



Zero, Zilch. $0.00
Now how much did United spend on Zlatan last year? Thank you.


While TFCO is anwsering that. Could you also tell us how much Zlatan made for United last season? Thank you. :lol: :lol:

Funny part of this argument is that ultimately, it makes the likes of TXJ and this numbskull look very stupid. If only you knew how much United made from Zlatan. :rotf: :rotf:


Hi fly.. how is mourinho's dung these days? what did he have for breakfast? :lol: :lol: :lol: Mourinho's dung is not enough, you don dey do houseboy for Thiefco? :lol:

Ok. I admit. I dont know how much Zlatan made for United. Since, like your new master, you have brought up yet another irrelevant red herring to the discussion at hand, feel free to inform us uninformed ones of what he made for them. Actual quantifiable figures please, backed up with sources, and not some more $#% that you pull from either of your anterior or posterior orifices.

Author:  green4life [ Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

benteke wrote:


Damn! That was cold.

Author:  spastic [ Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Didn't want the dolt anyway. Was fine getting him on a free to backup Kyle. But anyhoo. Moving on. Kyle in and Mendy next.

At Mikel4life, as it currently stands with Chelsea's striker issue yet to be solved, I am saying its looks like a 3 way race. If Chelsea figures out what they are doing with Costa, staying or going? or if they get Aubameyang, of course they'll go back to being favorites. But as of today's snapshot, I don't see it.

As for Arsenal, if they lose Sanchez I don't think they can contend without him. I believe they will lose Sanchez and thus will not contend. United I just hate and don't care enough to truly give an impartial response. Besides Danfo driver and Grammar patrol are United fans, so instinctively, I have to dismiss then :)

Author:  green4life [ Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Spaz, my drift is it's still early days. Chelsea will most definitely buy a striker. I don't know who but my bet is that they will spend anywhere from 60 to 70 mill on a striker. And they will also buy at least one if not two full backs to add to the former city goalie, rudiger and Bakayoko to add to the team that won EPL 2 out of the last three years.

ManU has José, a deep squad, and very deep pockets to keep adding to the squad before the window closes. Definitely a title contender.

Arsenal's case is arguable mostly because they've lacked ambition over the last 12 years. Then again if Leicester can pop out of nowhere to win the title, then Arsenal is more than capable notwithstanding the Sanchez saga.

Author:  kofi86 [ Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

spastic wrote:
Didn't want the dolt anyway. Was fine getting him on a free to backup Kyle. But anyhoo. Moving on. Kyle in and Mendy next.

At Mikel4life, as it currently stands with Chelsea's striker issue yet to be solved, I am saying its looks like a 3 way race. If Chelsea figures out what they are doing with Costa, staying or going? or if they get Aubameyang, of course they'll go back to being favorites. But as of today's snapshot, I don't see it.

As for Arsenal, if they lose Sanchez I don't think they can contend without him. I believe they will lose Sanchez and thus will not contend. United I just hate and don't care enough to truly give an impartial response. Besides Danfo driver and Grammar patrol are United fans, so instinctively, I have to dismiss then :)


You think anyone believes you? Dani Alves as a backup for Kyle Walker?

Do you think that City can compete for the CL? The individual quality (especially at the back) is much
lower than Bayern's or Madrid's individual quality for example. And I doubt that they can make up for it, somehow.

Author:  metalalloy [ Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

kofi86 wrote:
spastic wrote:
Didn't want the dolt anyway. Was fine getting him on a free to backup Kyle. But anyhoo. Moving on. Kyle in and Mendy next.

At Mikel4life, as it currently stands with Chelsea's striker issue yet to be solved, I am saying its looks like a 3 way race. If Chelsea figures out what they are doing with Costa, staying or going? or if they get Aubameyang, of course they'll go back to being favorites. But as of today's snapshot, I don't see it.

As for Arsenal, if they lose Sanchez I don't think they can contend without him. I believe they will lose Sanchez and thus will not contend. United I just hate and don't care enough to truly give an impartial response. Besides Danfo driver and Grammar patrol are United fans, so instinctively, I have to dismiss then :)


You think anyone believes you? Dani Alves as a backup for Kyle Walker?

Do you think that City can compete for the CL? The individual quality (especially at the back) is much
lower than Bayern's or Madrid's individual quality for example. And I doubt that they can make up for it, somehow.


:rotf: :rotf:

Author:  Bigpokey24 [ Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

i think danfo and spatic are the two most clueless and useless forumers

Author:  metalalloy [ Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

green4life wrote:
Spaz, my drift is it's still early days. Chelsea will most definitely buy a striker. I don't know who but my bet is that they will spend anywhere from 60 to 70 mill on a striker. And they will also buy at least one if not two full backs to add to the former city goalie, rudiger and Bakayoko to add to the team that won EPL 2 out of the last three years.

ManU has José, a deep squad, and very deep pockets to keep adding to the squad before the window closes. Definitely a title contender.

Arsenal's case is arguable mostly because they've lacked ambition over the last 12 years. Then again if Leicester can pop out of nowhere to win the title, then Arsenal is more than capable notwithstanding the Sanchez saga.



:clap: Oracle!

Author:  F360 [ Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

kofi86 wrote:
spastic wrote:
Didn't want the dolt anyway. Was fine getting him on a free to backup Kyle. But anyhoo. Moving on. Kyle in and Mendy next.

At Mikel4life, as it currently stands with Chelsea's striker issue yet to be solved, I am saying its looks like a 3 way race. If Chelsea figures out what they are doing with Costa, staying or going? or if they get Aubameyang, of course they'll go back to being favorites. But as of today's snapshot, I don't see it.

As for Arsenal, if they lose Sanchez I don't think they can contend without him. I believe they will lose Sanchez and thus will not contend. United I just hate and don't care enough to truly give an impartial response. Besides Danfo driver and Grammar patrol are United fans, so instinctively, I have to dismiss then :)


You think anyone believes you? Dani Alves as a backup for Kyle Walker?


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Sounds like those guys that get rejected by a girl and then they start insulting them and telling everyone "I didn't even want you anyway." "You're not even that fine." "#$%$*." Etc. Etc."

Author:  benteke [ Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season


Author:  benteke [ Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Most expensive defender again


Author:  danfo driver [ Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

benteke wrote:
Most expensive defender again




:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Page 12 of 13 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/