Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28807
Nonsense. City are rebuilding. But for Aguero, the bulk of the central spine has changed. Can Bravo speak English? Stones has yet to pair with King Vincent, bit part Fernandinho is now main man, Sterling had to come back from the dead, Nolito new to the Prem. To blend them all and get results at the same time, will be a marvelous feat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6938
Coach wrote:
Nonsense. City are rebuilding. But for Aguero, the bulk of the central spine has changed. Can Bravo speak English? Stones has yet to pair with King Vincent, bit part Fernandinho is now main man, Sterling had to come back from the dead, Nolito new to the Prem. To blend them all and get results at the same time, will be a marvelous feat.


Rebuilding what ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28807
Ok, they're not. Everything is the same. Ask Wee-wee Wan Gaal how easy it is to blood in new players and a new way of playing. If Guardiola bags the title, it will be one of his finest. That said, he wont, the league is Beloved's to lose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6938
Coach wrote:
Ok, they're not. Everything is the same. Ask Wee-wee Wan Gaal how easy it is to blood in new players and a new way of playing. If Guardiola bags the title, it will be one of his finest. That said, he wont, the league is Beloved's to lose.


But Pellegrini came in through the same process, found a City in similar circumstances, bought players and won the EPL title on then first attempt.
Remember City started very well last season, just that they lost motivation midway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9124
benteke wrote:
Coach wrote:
Ok, they're not. Everything is the same. Ask Wee-wee Wan Gaal how easy it is to blood in new players and a new way of playing. If Guardiola bags the title, it will be one of his finest. That said, he wont, the league is Beloved's to lose.


But Pellegrini came in through the same process, found a City in similar circumstances, bought players and won the EPL title on then first attempt.
Remember City started very well last season, just that they lost motivation midway.


City need to win the league. Simple as that. They had the best team last year and bankrolled Pep's project to a whooping approximately 200 million euros---more than any other club across Europe.

They have the weapons and I expect them to dismantle teams and win this league with a bit of ease, frankly!

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9124
benteke wrote:
Coach wrote:
Ok, they're not. Everything is the same. Ask Wee-wee Wan Gaal how easy it is to blood in new players and a new way of playing. If Guardiola bags the title, it will be one of his finest. That said, he wont, the league is Beloved's to lose.


But Pellegrini came in through the same process, found a City in similar circumstances, bought players and won the EPL title on then first attempt.
Remember City started very well last season, just that they lost motivation midway.


When it comes to their spanish master, these guys always seem to have excuses ready!

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9124
tfco wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it is so quiet

no comment from Yu-seless, ChICken or Vincent

Next year Our Pep will spend zero.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You are a wicked man! I a shocked at the way Yujam has turned on Africans. this guy was a staunch supporter of anything African, but he is willing to throw Africans under the bus in support of Pep. The you have Vincent! Good luck! Keep searching for the guy... :rotf: :rotf:

As for CIChicken George, that one is a lost cause.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9124
tfco wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it is so quiet

no comment from Yu-seless, ChICken or Vincent

Next year Our Pep will spend zero.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You are a wicked man! I a shocked at the way Yujam has turned on Africans. this guy was a staunch supporter of anything African, but he is willing to throw Africans under the bus in support of Pep. The you have Vincent! Good luck! Keep searching for the guy... :rotf: :rotf:

As for CIChicken George, that one is a lost cause.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36888
Location: Somewhere
I would bet on Man U or Chelsea to win this season. Outside chance for City and Arsenal. Mourinho has his dream job, has scores to settle, and has the players to execute his plan. Conte's intensity might just bring the best out of Chelsea, who are unstoppable when they bring their game. They need Hazard to remain sharp and healthy, Costa to cut out the excesses, and they will be very dangerous.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:07 pm
Posts: 9135
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
I asked you 2 days ago to include wages for all those signings including Pep's new transfers, and you went silent on that.
Im sure you realised that when we do it that way, the total suddenly jumpss to around 300million for Pep.
For United you only have to include that 12.5million that is exciting you, then we are back to square one, if you know what i mean. :rotf:



And how much would Manscum's jump to?


I was helping you to follow your logic, nobody is playing for free, so you can't ignore other signings salaries, and only make an issue about Zlatan's salary.
How can you say Bailly cost 30 million and Zlatan cost 12.5 million ?

On the account books we put a big fat Zero for Zlatan's transfer fee, unlike others where it's 30/40 million odd.

Then obviously everyone singed by every club is paid a wage/salary :biggrin:


Now we are getting your head in the right frame. That's progress....

And when we compute both wages and transfer fees, everybody's totals will of course go up. Including the additional 17m+ that City just logged...

And of course, it would be even more interesting to see how Zlatan's salary compares with young players like Gabriel Jesus and Sane, or Nolitos...


:lol: :shock:
Only you could pull that off. First the bs with only including Zlatan's wages followed by this.

_________________
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9124
kofi86 wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
I asked you 2 days ago to include wages for all those signings including Pep's new transfers, and you went silent on that.
Im sure you realised that when we do it that way, the total suddenly jumpss to around 300million for Pep.
For United you only have to include that 12.5million that is exciting you, then we are back to square one, if you know what i mean. :rotf:



And how much would Manscum's jump to?


I was helping you to follow your logic, nobody is playing for free, so you can't ignore other signings salaries, and only make an issue about Zlatan's salary.
How can you say Bailly cost 30 million and Zlatan cost 12.5 million ?

On the account books we put a big fat Zero for Zlatan's transfer fee, unlike others where it's 30/40 million odd.

Then obviously everyone singed by every club is paid a wage/salary :biggrin:


Now we are getting your head in the right frame. That's progress....

And when we compute both wages and transfer fees, everybody's totals will of course go up. Including the additional 17m+ that City just logged...

And of course, it would be even more interesting to see how Zlatan's salary compares with young players like Gabriel Jesus and Sane, or Nolitos...


:lol: :shock:
Only you could pull that off. First the bs with only including Zlatan's wages followed by this.


If TxJ wasnt a hated human being, he'd be very much liked! He is a source of entertainment. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:03 pm
Posts: 14244
femibyte wrote:
Anyone willing to bet with me that Pep isn't gonna come to Man City next season and sweep all and sundry before him ?

We will see how those EPL detractors (they know who they are) explain such a conundrum.
I mean we go see how the 'best coach in the world' according to La Liga standards holds up against the likes of Stoke on a wet winter evening. I can't wait. Dem go sober. The EPL is like no other league. Blood and thunder, guts and glory.
Pep go learn...

Still early days, but what is your assessment so far? Is Pep learning?

_________________
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44030
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pep will be fine. The guy is tops when it comes to getting his team to play at a high tempo and interesting tactical variances. He will be fine and will revolutionize English football

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Pep will find it difficult to make top 4 with Man City next season. In fact, I don't think he will.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...by getting City to play the ball on the ground (the right way) contrary to the kick/rush they've been playing under their previous colo-mental managers


Simpleminded Thiefco strikes again. Anyway I hope you see the difference ;-)

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14480
Vincent. wrote:
femibyte wrote:
Anyone willing to bet with me that Pep isn't gonna come to Man City next season and sweep all and sundry before him ?

We will see how those EPL detractors (they know who they are) explain such a conundrum.
I mean we go see how the 'best coach in the world' according to La Liga standards holds up against the likes of Stoke on a wet winter evening. I can't wait. Dem go sober. The EPL is like no other league. Blood and thunder, guts and glory.
Pep go learn...

Still early days, but what is your assessment so far? Is Pep learning?

He's learned as much as he can against the likes of Bournemouth, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland and a poor Man United. :D

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:03 pm
Posts: 14244
The YeyeMan wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
femibyte wrote:
Anyone willing to bet with me that Pep isn't gonna come to Man City next season and sweep all and sundry before him ?

We will see how those EPL detractors (they know who they are) explain such a conundrum.
I mean we go see how the 'best coach in the world' according to La Liga standards holds up against the likes of Stoke on a wet winter evening. I can't wait. Dem go sober. The EPL is like no other league. Blood and thunder, guts and glory.
Pep go learn...

Still early days, but what is your assessment so far? Is Pep learning?

He's learned as much as he can against the likes of Bournemouth, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland and a poor Man United. :D

Good to see that he is learning, especially considering the fact that "there are no easy games in the EPL."
I hope he continues to learn.

_________________
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 73206
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
YUJAM wrote:
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pep will be fine. The guy is tops when it comes to getting his team to play at a high tempo and interesting tactical variances. He will be fine and will revolutionize English football

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Pep will find it difficult to make top 4 with Man City next season. In fact, I don't think he will.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...by getting City to play the ball on the ground (the right way) contrary to the kick/rush they've been playing under their previous colo-mental managers


Simpleminded Thiefco strikes again. Anyway I hope you see the difference ;-)


you have still not explained THE DIFFERENCE

what is stopping you?

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:19 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 41664
Unless disaster strikes....Pep is gonna walk away with the league title.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23820
Vincent. wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
femibyte wrote:
Anyone willing to bet with me that Pep isn't gonna come to Man City next season and sweep all and sundry before him ?

We will see how those EPL detractors (they know who they are) explain such a conundrum.
I mean we go see how the 'best coach in the world' according to La Liga standards holds up against the likes of Stoke on a wet winter evening. I can't wait. Dem go sober. The EPL is like no other league. Blood and thunder, guts and glory.
Pep go learn...

Still early days, but what is your assessment so far? Is Pep learning?

He's learned as much as he can against the likes of Bournemouth, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland and a poor Man United. :D

Good to see that he is learning, especially considering the fact that "there are no easy games in the EPL."
I hope he continues to learn.

In fairness Pep has only played 2 long ball teams this year. Utd ]and Stoke...

I know, I know one those teams dont play long ball anymore....

My comments above were a bot unfair to Stoke :taunt:


Last edited by spastic on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:21 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44030
That's not for me to explain. Any football fan with a functioning brain should be able to tell the difference

tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pep will be fine. The guy is tops when it comes to getting his team to play at a high tempo and interesting tactical variances. He will be fine and will revolutionize English football

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Pep will find it difficult to make top 4 with Man City next season. In fact, I don't think he will.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...by getting City to play the ball on the ground (the right way) contrary to the kick/rush they've been playing under their previous colo-mental managers


Simpleminded Thiefco strikes again. Anyway I hope you see the difference ;-)


you have still not explained THE DIFFERENCE

what is stopping you?

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 73206
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
YUJAM wrote:
That's not for me to explain. Any football fan with a functioning brain should be able to tell the difference


you are the one who made the assertion. Pep will revolutionize the Prem and the way football is played.

You are now running away from explaining it in detail.

Please explain.

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 58427
Pep's never had a start as good as this in Spain or Germany. Anyway, still early doors.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23820
oloye wrote:
Unless disaster strikes....Pep is gonna walk away with the league title.

Oh lawd! Oloye you said the same after City's first 5 games last year too. Let's calm down a bit and take it game by game. Season still long.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23820
cic old boy wrote:
Pep's never had a start as good as this in Spain or Germany. Anyway, still early doors.

True. But in fairness that might be a function of their schedule. They are yet to play any good teams 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], King Futcha and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group