Azubuike Okechukwu (U23 Captain) Highlights

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Azubuike Okechukwu (U23 Captain) Highlights

Post by smartbrother »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
green4life wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:You guys are forgetting that Ogu is 29, Onazi 24 while Azubuike is only 20. The law of averages dictates that sooner rather than later, Ogu and Onazi will give way to the likes of Azubuike :!:

Cheers.
it is frustrating that he hasn't even been given a chance.
In my opinion our olympic midfield of Usman, Azubuike and Mikel was better balanced than any of the midfield combinations played by Rohr thus far.
Azubuike was key to the success of that Rio midfield.

Simply put we need a holding midfielder in midfield. Unless Rohr intends to play the counterattacking strategy against every teams we face
Without one we will never be comfortable keeping possession, never comfortable playing the ball out of defence and unable to sustain pressure on the opposition when we are in search of a goal.

I hope Rohr recognizes this by playing mikel deeper or inviting Azubuike to be part of the team
Kai. I love CE. The comic relief na helele :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Unbelievable :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bet you think "better balanced" means "better individual players".
you are right . it is unbelievable how dumb you and green4life are
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

smartbrother wrote:
green4life wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:You guys are forgetting that Ogu is 29, Onazi 24 while Azubuike is only 20. The law of averages dictates that sooner rather than later, Ogu and Onazi will give way to the likes of Azubuike :!:

Cheers.
In my opinion our olympic midfield of Usman, Azubuike and Mikel was better balanced than any of the midfield combinations played by Rohr thus far.

Simply put we need a holding midfielder in midfield. Unless Rohr intends to play the counterattacking strategy against every teams we face
Without one we will never be comfortable keeping possession, never comfortable playing the ball out of defence and unable to sustain pressure on the opposition when we are in search of a goal.

I hope Rohr recognizes this by playing mikel deeper or inviting Azubuike to be part of the team

We played a very soft schedule in the Olympics.

Our team lost to the 2 decent sides we faced (Colombia and Germany) and a really poor Honduras team almost completed a remarkable comeback against us.

Sia1's final team to the Oympics was probably weaker than the team that qualified. I'm not knocking him though. He got us a medal, and I believed the leadership and 'quest for National team glory' button finally got switched on in Mikel.

However, that team, and the midfield was all over the place several times in that tournament.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

smartbrother wrote:
green4life wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

Given you have Mikel in your midfield, effectively, you're saying that Azubike and Usman are 'better balanced' than Ndidi and Onazi/Agu/Ogu. Ok :mrgreen:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

green4life wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
green4life wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

Given you have Mikel in your midfield, effectively, you're saying that Azubike and Usman are 'better balanced' than Ndidi and Onazi/Agu/Ogu. Ok :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: wow. Did you pass your Alevels?
The shocking thing here is you're being serious.
So if someone says Gerrard+Carrick is better balanced than Gerrard+Lampard, by your logic they are automatically saying Carrick is better balanced than Lampard ?

For those who have functioning brains, 'Better balanced' means more complementary of each other as a trio : less overlap in skills , more variation between them in terms of individual strengths and above all their differences complement each other better.

Everyone recognises Gerrard+ Carrick would have made a better balanced pairing than than Lampard+Gerrard for England (back in 2004 -2006)
as a matter of fact there were at least half a dozen other midfields partnerships that would have been better balanced than Lampard & Gerrard.
Even though Lampard and Gerrard were the two best English midfielders at the time

Shocking to me Green4life find this simple concept difficult to grasp
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:We played a very soft schedule in the Olympics.

Our team lost to the 2 decent sides we faced (Colombia and Germany) and a really poor Honduras team almost completed a remarkable comeback against us.

Sia1's final team to the Oympics was probably weaker than the team that qualified. I'm not knocking him though. He got us a medal, and I believed the leadership and 'quest for National team glory' button finally got switched on in Mikel.

However, that team, and the midfield was all over the place several times in that tournament.
Abegi let’s not twist facts for polemic purposes...

Sweden, Denmark (both of whom we beat) and Germany are better ranked countries than any team we have played in Africa, including our WCQs and of course South Africa (who beat us at home). Sweden barely lost on PKs in the final of the 2015 UEFA U21 (which apparently served as UEFA’s Olympic Games qualifiers), performing even better than Germany (which went on to win silver at the Olympics) and Denmark was a semi-finalist. Abegi let’s give credit where due.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Gotti wrote:

Abegi let’s not twist facts for polemic purposes...

Sweden, Denmark (both of whom we beat) and Germany are better ranked countries than any team we have played in Africa, including our WCQs and of course South Africa (who beat us at home). Sweden barely lost on PKs in the final of the 2015 UEFA U21 (which apparently served as UEFA’s Olympic Games qualifiers), performing even better than Germany (which went on to win silver at the Olympics) and Denmark was a semi-finalist. Abegi let’s give credit where due.
Kai, Gotti, I never knew you could be generous enough to present me with a low hanging fruit (of the Osaze is a midfielder level).

You were just bashing AyoAkinfe a few moments ago about mixing up Bonfrere's SE achievement with the Olympic team, now you are bringing up FIFA rankings and the Bafana debacle when you are talking about the Olympic team.

AyoAkinfe must not see this.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:Kai, Gotti, I never knew you could be generous enough to present me with a low hanging fruit (of the Osaze is a midfielder level).

You were just bashing AyoAkinfe a few moments ago about mixing up Bonfrere's SE achievement with the Olympic team, now you are bringing up FIFA rankings and the Bafana debacle when you are talking about the Olympic team.

AyoAkinfe must not see this.
I also brought up the UEFA U21 played by the Olympic teams... :)
“Soft” schedule is a nebulous convenience, when EVERY measurable indices indicates otherwise.

PS: The number of teams produced by each federation is determined by FIFA’s coefficient system (which is based on senior team rankings), so rankings are not irrelevant to strength of schedule.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

BTW, this is also demonstrably incorrect. While Oduduwa was arguably missed...
The infusion of Mikel, Ekong, Amuzie, Shehu, Sadiq, Ezekiel, etc, significantly UPGRADED the team.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

smartbrother wrote:
green4life wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
green4life wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: wow. Did you pass your Alevels?
The shocking thing here is you're being serious.
So if someone says Gerrard+Carrick is better balanced than Gerrard+Lampard, by your logic they are automatically saying Carrick is better balanced than Lampard ?

For those who have functioning brains, 'Better balanced' means more complementary of each other as a trio : less overlap in skills , more variation between them in terms of individual strengths and above all their differences complement each other better.

Everyone recognises Gerrard+ Carrick would have made a better balanced pairing than than Lampard+Gerrard for England (back in 2004 -2006)
as a matter of fact there were at least half a dozen other midfields partnerships that would have been better balanced than Lampard & Gerrard.
Even though Lampard and Gerrard were the two best English midfielders at the time

Shocking to me Green4life find this simple concept difficult to grasp
Your words, not mine but yet you keep shifting the goal post. So usman, azubuike and mikel better compliment Onazi, Ndidi and Mikel? Whatever. Surely even a dumb brother can see the folly in his assertion. Balance ko. Complimentary ni. :lol:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

green4life wrote: Your words, not mine but yet you keep shifting the goal post. So usman, azubuike and mikel better compliment Onazi, Ndidi and Mikel? Whatever. Surely even a dumb brother can see the folly in his assertion. Balance ko. Complimentary ni. :lol:
i wasn't shifting goalposts. :rotf: :rotf: I was explaining what i meant.
If you had a brain you would have asked me what I meant by better balanced before responding to my post
Then again i doubt your brain would've been able to process my answer.

the difference between ignorant and stupid is ignorant can learn
your problem is you are both ignorant and stupid :rotf: :rotf:
your ignorance of your stupidity further compounds the problem
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The lad remains a baller... :thumb:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Sunset wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Baller
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Another one dimensional player looking to join SE? No way bro. Add assists,scoring and shooting to your game then maybe we can talk SE. He's not better than even Mikel Agu.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Another one dimensional player looking to join SE? No way bro. Add assists,scoring and shooting to your game then maybe we can talk SE. He's not better than even Mikel Agu.
I agree, I don't see anything special here, if we are looking for this type of player I would select Esiti before Azubuike.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

truetalk wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
green4life wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

We played a very soft schedule in the Olympics.

pure rubbish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sunset wrote:
so how come Rohr is yet to test this guy out?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Another day on CE as agents are promoting below average players by selling us false dreams. A team that has Ndidi, Onazi, Jobi, Etebo an Ogu and this Agents is promoting some backwater 2nd division player as a savior. Smh he seems like a decent player but he definitely isn’t good enough to bench any of the aforementioned players listed. Azubuike should wait for his time because Russia 2018 is too late for him.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Also, by you saying that MIKEL, AZUBUIKE and USMAN partnership is more balanced than the ones presently in SE is factually, statistically FALSE. No matter how you twist and turn it, NDIDI, Joel Obi, ETEBO and Onazi are better midfielders than AZUBUIKE and USMAN.
Examples: SE Olympics Midfield trio

Mikel. Azubuike. USMAN

Vs SE PRESENT MIDFIELDERS

Mikel. ETEBO. Ndidi

Who wins?

Or like this

MIKEL vs MIKEL = MIKEL
ETEBO vs USMAN = ETEBO
Ndidi vs AZUBUIKE = NDIDI

I don’t see how the midfield trio in Olympics is more balanced, organized and compact than the ones presently available
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Agent John are you sure etebo is Rohrs first choice and not onazi?
Last time i saw etebo play for Nigeria (against Algeria) he was more of an AM than a CM
Which suggests Rohr sees him as back up for Mikel in the number 10 role
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Another one dimensional player looking to join SE? No way bro. Add assists,scoring and shooting to your game then maybe we can talk SE. He's not better than even Mikel Agu.
I agree, I don't see anything special here, if we are looking for this type of player I would select Esiti before Azubuike.
Apparently you missed Rio Olympic :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

john12 wrote:Another day on CE as agents are promoting below average players by selling us false dreams. A team that has Ndidi, Onazi, Jobi, Etebo an Ogu and this Agents is promoting some backwater 2nd division player as a savior. Smh he seems like a decent player but he definitely isn’t good enough to bench any of the aforementioned players listed. Azubuike should wait for his time because Russia 2018 is too late for him.
Wrong again as usual
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Smartbrother, etebo wasn’t rohr first choice at SE when he was playing at Portugal league. However, since his switch to LaLiga and consistent top notch performances week in and out, I believe that etebo dethroned Onazi from that starting Xi. The only issue with etebo was that rohr considered him as a possible replacement for Mikel (Am) than a CM. However, his new club has shown rohr the blueprint on utilizing etebo, rohr has observed. Ndidi suffered the same fate when he was at Belgium league.