Azubuike Okechukwu (U23 Captain) Highlights

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Azubuike Okechukwu

Post by omey2k4 »

i like him but some close ball control of him can get better..he does well under siasia's system but as someone said he has a lot of room fro improvement..
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

txj wrote:
paj wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:We have better options. Ndidi,Esiti,Ejaria and joel obi are all better players. just because u watced him play doesnt mean he's all that. shine eye! :thumb:
ewu when was the last time U saw Joel kick a ball? Dude..I thought U quit the habit..no?

Today, Aug. 21st. Played for 70mins
:roll: somewhere between your Alzheimer's and Parkinson the point totally flew past U :roll: ..how's the Shoppers @ Newcastle? :roll:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
paj wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:We have better options. Ndidi,Esiti,Ejaria and joel obi are all better players. just because u watced him play doesnt mean he's all that. shine eye! :thumb:
ewu when was the last time U saw Joel kick a ball? Dude..I thought U quit the habit..no?

See slap down. :o
PaJ again :rotf: :rotf:
wat a dunce. :rotf:
gbenu rerun soun jo! :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:That guy is too good to be playing in the Turkish 2nd division. I really hope he gets signed by a decent team where he can grow as a player
He is a very active player in both offense and ball recovery. There are some questionable decision making but the guy is certainly a key potential SE going forward.
Definitely has a lot of potential. A bit undersized but he's got many attributes to become a quality DM or CM.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Solowe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:That guy is too good to be playing in the Turkish 2nd division. I really hope he gets signed by a decent team where he can grow as a player
He is a very active player in both offense and ball recovery. There are some questionable decision making but the guy is certainly a key potential SE going forward.
The guys made the right decision with the ball about at least 80% of the time. Decision making is not really an issue for him.
I am not sure how that 80% was calculated or was it a guess? I am not disputing it to be sure. However, I believe he has room for improvement with some passing decisions. Using Mikel as a benchmark, for instance, Azubike still has some way to go. Presently, I rate him highly but primarily because of his range of activity.
He is a much better passer than Mikel..Might even be a better player. His passes are almost Andre Pirlo-like out of the back... Mikel in his position only make sides passes, this kid make longer more accurate passes out of the back right into the middle of the park... somthing mikel doesn't even attempt.. He is also more durable and better defensively..
Ok :rotf:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Azubuike Okechukwu (U23 Captain) Highlights

Post by Sunset »

:bump:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Solowe wrote: He is a much better passer than Mikel..Might even be a better player. His passes are almost Andre Pirlo-like out of the back... Mikel in his position only make sides passes, this kid make longer more accurate passes out of the back right into the middle of the park... somthing mikel doesn't even attempt.. He is also more durable and better defensively..
If he was indeed a better passer or player than Mikel, don't you think someone in EUFA would have noticed? Ewu can beer :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Gotti wrote:
What does "we have better options" have to do with him being better than Turkish 2d division level? Abegi stop inhaling! :shock:
:agree:

.....You mean the one he's currently taking or should be taking
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I'd like to see his highlights from Rio.
Tbh, I wasn't watching close enough to notice him. Apart from a few with peculiar physical xteristics (Lanky Sadiq, short Popoola, yellow Ekong, Shehu with his haircut and of course Mikel), those dark green jerseys just made most of them anonymous for my eye.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

rasak74 wrote:He is a better version of Onazi...............He is direct and his passes are more accurate.
I just watched his highlights and I have to agree with you.
His pass completion rate is phenomenal and that includes long range passing even under pressure. His decision making is also very good.
No wonder they said we missed him against Germany. Now I see why.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

paj wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
paj wrote:

See slap down. :o
PaJ again :rotf: :rotf:
wat a dunce. :rotf:
gbenu rerun soun jo! :evil:
You need to go 'rerun' your Yoruba course.
Its 'rirun' my friend. :taunt:
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

:glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare:
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
The guys made the right decision with the ball about at least 80% of the time. Decision making is not really an issue for him.
I am not sure how that 80% was calculated or was it a guess? I am not disputing it to be sure. However, I believe he has room for improvement with some passing decisions. Using Mikel as a benchmark, for instance, Azubike still has some way to go. Presently, I rate him highly but primarily because of his range of activity.
Frankly don't rate him much higher than average...but I could be wrong....
:clap: :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Solowe wrote: He is a much better passer than Mikel..Might even be a better player. His passes are almost Andre Pirlo-like out of the back... Mikel in his position only make sides passes, this kid make longer more accurate passes out of the back right into the middle of the park... somthing mikel doesn't even attempt.. He is also more durable and better defensively..
If he was indeed a better passer or player than Mikel, don't you think someone in EUFA would have noticed? Ewu can beer :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.
What is it with you guys and your unreasonable love affair with Mikel.. The truth is the Boy for the most part has been a disappointment in his senior career. he has not lived up to his youth team hype and the transfer saga that really made him famous. Other than the first 3 years at Chelsea, everything with him has been sub par. He is never been spectacular for the eagles and Chelsea has been trying to trade him for the last 5 years.

I dont fall for the Mystic created around players..I look at what they are doing today and how they are doing it. I would pick that guy on my team before i pick Mikel. His long range passing is better, he is defensively more aggressive and reads the game better than mikel. Mikel only makes short sideways passes thats why his stats look good and he doesn't take too many chances with those long passes.

And yes, UEFA has noticed him, the commentators even talked about him from the fist game that he is being highly sought after by a host of big European teams. http://thenationonlineng.net/monaco-ope ... okechukwu/
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Big fan of Azubuike. He has energy which is crucial for the position. He is a good ball winner and distributor. His delivery on dead balls is very good too

He may play in the Turkish Div 2 but his play is very impressive. I think he is more suited for the DM role than Onazi
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

he just needs to work on this errant long passes..... I like his energy. Hopefully he gets a better club
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Solowe wrote:

Cheers.
What is it with you guys and your unreasonable love affair with Mikel.. The truth is the Boy for the most part has been a disappointment in his senior career. he has not lived up to his youth team hype and the transfer saga that really made him famous. Other than the first 3 years at Chelsea, everything with him has been sub par. He is never been spectacular for the eagles and Chelsea has been trying to trade him for the last 5 years.

I dont fall for the Mystic created around players..I look at what they are doing today and how they are doing it. I would pick that guy on my team before i pick Mikel. His long range passing is better, he is defensively more aggressive and reads the game better than mikel. Mikel only makes short sideways passes thats why his stats look good and he doesn't take too many chances with those long passes.

And yes, UEFA has noticed him, the commentators even talked about him from the fist game that he is being highly sought after by a host of big European teams. http://thenationonlineng.net/monaco-ope ... okechukwu/
Disappointment in his senior career? Did you say that with a straight face? FA Cup, EPL title, Charity Shield, EUFA cup, Champions League title, ANC champion, World Cup second round, Olympic medal? Yeah, what a disappointment. Apart from Kanu maybe, but how many Nigerian soccer players have had the kind of success that Mikel has had :?:

Now, I don't know if you saw any of the games or not but if you did and you can't see that Mikel was arguably the best player in the entire tournament then I can't help you :!:

Cheers.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Solowe wrote:

Cheers.

Disappointment in his senior career? Did you say that with a straight face? FA Cup, EPL title, Charity Shield, EUFA cup, Champions League title, ANC champion, World Cup second round, Olympic medal? Yeah, what a disappointment. Apart from Kanu maybe, but how many Nigerian soccer players have had the kind of success that Mikel has had :?:

Now, I don't know if you saw any of the games or not but if you did and you can't see that Mikel was arguably the best player in the entire tournament then I can't help you :!:
Cheers.
Nigerians and Tunnel Vision and the Complete lack of full view of global information.

How can you describe Mikel as Arguably the best player in the tournament when he is not even unanimously picked as the best player on our team. I should ask you if you saw the tournament at all ?? Did you miss the Brazilian and the German teams. You missed players like Gnabary & Naymar.

If Mikel is winning all those Laurels, why has chelsea been trying to trade him for the last 5 years ????
Just becuase he is on the team doesn't mean they are winning becuase of him. They won in spite of him. He is not one of their featured players.. there are 18 other guys on that team over those years that they would mention before they mention Mikel's name as top contributors. He has not stepped up his game in almost 8 years and keeps doing the same routine year after year. There are loud complaints from Coaches, fans, the media about his lackluster performances.

The reason you are talking about him like this is becuase he is our most high profile player playing on the most high profile team. We dont have any world class players so of course we default to Mr. 15 minutes a game at chelsea.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

I've seen his passing and tackling game completely capitulate once or twice
Hence my severe initial reservations
I still think he needs a stable more experienced influence like mikel playing alongside him at all times
At least at this early stage of his SE career
But he is far from div 2 standard
His work rate is simply phenomenal, he has an impressive passing range and very good vision
He would easily excel in any of Europe's top leagues including France Spain and Italy
IMHO he was Nigerias most valuable player at the olympics after mikel
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Damunk wrote:
rasak74 wrote:He is a better version of Onazi...............He is direct and his passes are more accurate.
I just watched his highlights and I have to agree with you.
His pass completion rate is phenomenal and that includes long range passing even under pressure. His decision making is also very good.
No wonder they said we missed him against Germany. Now I see why.
His pass completion rate is not phenomenal .
Mikels pass completion rate is phenomenal
Azubuike's is slightly above average. For a dm he misplaces too many passes for my liking
If anything I would say that is the part of his game that needs the most work
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

this kid is a far more composed player than Onazi, Ndidi, Usman, Azubuike,and Mikel should form the core of our MF tbh...drop Onazi to the bench.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

:lol: :lol: :lol: You sir, must have been a comedian in your former life. Your comments are just so hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

My responses to your rather misguided comments are embedded below the said comments :!:
Solowe wrote:
Solowe wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
Nigerians and Tunnel Vision and the Complete lack of full view of global information.
OK

How can you describe Mikel as Arguably the best player in the tournament when he is not even unanimously picked as the best player on our team. I should ask you if you saw the tournament at all ?Did you miss the Brazilian and the German teams. You missed players like Gnabary & Naymar.
So, just because they are Brazilians and Germans, they have to be better than Mikel, right? The Bleacher Report has an all tournament team that has only one Nigerian player. Yes, you guessed it; Mikel :!:

If Mikel is winning all those Laurels, why has chelsea been trying to trade him for the last 5 years ????
Just becuase he is on the team doesn't mean they are winning becuase of him. They won in spite of him. He is not one of their featured players.. there are 18 other guys on that team over those years that they would mention before they mention Mikel's name as top contributors. He has not stepped up his game in almost 8 years and keeps doing the same routine year after year. There are loud complaints from Coaches, fans, the media about his lackluster performances.

Get your facts straight. Five years is an awfully long time to try and trade a player unsuccessfully. If they really wanted to trade him, why do they keep renewing his contract? You and the British media want to trade Mikel. Chelsea certainly does not. Except for Morinho's last spell, Mikel was the featured midfielder and after Morinho got the boot, Mikel returned to prominence in his full glory. Arguably, without Mikel, Chelsea would probably be playing in the championship. Moreover, I don't think Barcelona will agree with you that Chelsea won the champions league in spite of Mikel.

The reason you are talking about him like this is becuase he is our most high profile player playing on the most high profile team. We dont have any world class players so of course we default to Mr. 15 minutes a game at chelsea.
The only reason I talk about him is that he's good enough to be talked about. Without Mikel on the Olympic team, they don't even get out of the first round :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Damunk wrote:I'd like to see his highlights from Rio.
Tbh, I wasn't watching close enough to notice him. Apart from a few with peculiar physical xteristics (Lanky Sadiq, short Popoola, yellow Ekong, Shehu with his haircut and of course Mikel), those dark green jerseys just made most of them anonymous for my eye.
Yes. Especially Usman. I could hardly notice or figure him out in any game. Maybe our players are too black.