Azubuike Okechukwu (U23 Captain) Highlights

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Azubuike Okechukwu (U23 Captain) Highlights

Post by The YeyeMan »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:I'd like to see his highlights from Rio.
Tbh, I wasn't watching close enough to notice him. Apart from a few with peculiar physical xteristics (Lanky Sadiq, short Popoola, yellow Ekong, Shehu with his haircut and of course Mikel), those dark green jerseys just made most of them anonymous for my eye.
Yes. Especially Usman. I could hardly notice or figure him out in any game. Maybe our players are too black.
Wow.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Tbh, I wasn't watching close enough to notice him. Apart from a few with peculiar physical xteristics (Lanky Sadiq, short Popoola, yellow Ekong, Shehu with his haircut and of course Mikel), those dark green jerseys just made most of them anonymous for my eye.
Yes. Especially Usman. I could hardly notice or figure him out in any game. Maybe our players are too black.
Smh, and you are what again. Kai internet nah real firewall. .just run your mouth any how. Show us your picture
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Chair! Abegi, it's time to upgrade from that B&W RCA TV to any HD model... 8-)
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Gotti wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Chair! Abegi, it's time to upgrade from that B&W RCA TV to any HD model... 8-)
Damunk upgrade your eyeglass prescription.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Hmmmm. If I were to guess who made this statement, I'd say an Oyinbo man since some of them have issues distinguishing us. ;-)
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

The boy undeservingly fell off the radar in recent months even though he was promoted to the Turkish Super League with his team and plays regulary.
I think he is one of our best central midfielders.
Rohr should give him a look in and see if he can compete with Agu and Ogu what I'm convinced he can.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DAgrin wrote:The boy undeservingly fell off the radar in recent months even though he was promoted to the Turkish Super League with his team and plays regulary.
I think he is one of our best central midfielders.
Rohr should give him a look in and see if he can compete with Agu and Ogu what I'm convinced he can.
Apparently he is just recovering from injury.

I found this interesting piece of info:

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

You guys are forgetting that Ogu is 29, Onazi 24 while Azubuike is only 20. The law of averages dictates that sooner rather than later, Ogu and Onazi will give way to the likes of Azubuike :!:

Cheers.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:You guys are forgetting that Ogu is 29, Onazi 24 while Azubuike is only 20. The law of averages dictates that sooner rather than later, Ogu and Onazi will give way to the likes of Azubuike :!:

Cheers.
it is frustrating that he hasn't even been given a chance.
In my opinion our olympic midfield of Usman, Azubuike and Mikel was better balanced than any of the midfield combinations played by Rohr thus far.
Azubuike was key to the success of that Rio midfield.

Simply put we need a holding midfielder in midfield. Unless Rohr intends to play the counterattacking strategy against every teams we face
Without one we will never be comfortable keeping possession, never comfortable playing the ball out of defence and unable to sustain pressure on the opposition when we are in search of a goal.

I hope Rohr recognizes this by playing mikel deeper or inviting Azubuike to be part of the team
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

smartbrother wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:You guys are forgetting that Ogu is 29, Onazi 24 while Azubuike is only 20. The law of averages dictates that sooner rather than later, Ogu and Onazi will give way to the likes of Azubuike :!:

Cheers.
In my opinion our olympic midfield of Usman, Azubuike and Mikel was better balanced than any of the midfield combinations played by Rohr thus far.

Simply put we need a holding midfielder in midfield. Unless Rohr intends to play the counterattacking strategy against every teams we face
Without one we will never be comfortable keeping possession, never comfortable playing the ball out of defence and unable to sustain pressure on the opposition when we are in search of a goal.

I hope Rohr recognizes this by playing mikel deeper or inviting Azubuike to be part of the team

Wilfred Ndidi is our holding midfielder and one of the best players to ever fill the role. other than Muda Lawal and Sunday Oliseh, can you think of two better holding midfielders Nigeria has ever had?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will ask this question again. Is there an ironic name thing on Cybereagles? You have a dumbfook answering smartbrother and a f00lish one answering wiseone. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

Wilfred Ndidi is our holding midfielder and one of the best players to ever fill the role. other than Muda Lawal and Sunday Oliseh, can you think of two better holding midfielders Nigeria has ever had?
ndidi is not a great holding midfielder
I can think of two better holding midfielders that are currently active
Mikel and Azuibuike
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

Mikel and Azuibuike
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

By the way, what does "holding" midfielder mean? :lol: :lol:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

Mikel and Azuibuike
Azubuike is way down the list:

[1] Wilfred Ndidi
[2] Ogenyi Onazi
[3] Joel Obi
[4] John Ogu
[5] Mikel Agu
[6] Oghene Etebo
[7] Anderson Esiti
[8] Raheem Lawal
[9] Abdul Ajagun
[10] Ibrahim Alhassan

In my opinion, he not even among our top 10 holding midfielders.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

Mikel and Azuibuike

[1] Wilfred Ndidi
[2] Ogenyi Onazi
[3] Joel Obi
[4] John Ogu
[5] Mikel Agu
[6] Oghene Etebo
[7] Anderson Esiti
[8] Raheem Lawal
[9] Abdul Ajagun
[10] Ibrahim Alhassan

you consider etebo and ajagun holding midfielders? lol
ok. i guess this discussion is going nowhere
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

Mikel and Azuibuike

[1] Wilfred Ndidi
[2] Ogenyi Onazi
[3] Joel Obi
[4] John Ogu
[5] Mikel Agu
[6] Oghene Etebo
[7] Anderson Esiti
[8] Raheem Lawal
[9] Abdul Ajagun
[10] Ibrahim Alhassan

Did you not see Etebo play that role against Algeria in Uyo?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

Mikel and Azuibuike

[1] Wilfred Ndidi
[2] Ogenyi Onazi
[3] Joel Obi
[4] John Ogu
[5] Mikel Agu
[6] Oghene Etebo
[7] Anderson Esiti
[8] Raheem Lawal
[9] Abdul Ajagun
[10] Ibrahim Alhassan

Did you not see Etebo play that role against Algeria in Uyo?
i do not consider him a holding midfielder
precisely because I saw him attempt to play that role v algeria
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Wow.
I no tell una?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Wow! Actually interesting that the SOB made this comment last year!

Chief nfachairman is a sick demented bigot! Lack of home training and any etiquette. Unfortunately, the mods have made it clear that bigotry is important on Cybereagles. In a sane world, this imbecile will be send behind the house and locked up in a cage like the rodent he is.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Wow.
I no tell una?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Wow! Actually interesting that the SOB made this comment last year!

Chief nfachairman is a sick demented bigot! Lack of home training and any etiquette. Unfortunately, the mods have made it clear that bigotry is important on Cybereagles. In a sane world, this imbecile will be send behind the house and locked up in a cage like the rodent he is.

There is absolutely no need for this kind of language. You can tell someone off firmly without resorting to abuse.

I will not buy the argument: "See what he wrote." We have to learn to moderate our language whatever the provocation.

Can you imagine the kind of language I would use if I lashed out every time I was abused or called names here? Restraint is a form of discipline I impose upon myself.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Wow.

There is absolutely no need for this kind of language. You can tell someone off firmly without resorting to abuse.

I will not buy the argument: "See what he wrote." We have to learn to moderate our language whatever the provocation.

Can you imagine the kind of language I would use if I lashed out every time I was abused or called names here? Restraint is a form of discipline I impose upon myself.
Dude! dont talk to me! I am not interested in your comment! You can hop on other threads and see the comments your bigot and untrained friend, Chief nfachairman, uses against me, unprovoked!

Please, let this be the last time you talk to me here. nonsense!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

Mikel and Azuibuike

[1] Wilfred Ndidi
[2] Ogenyi Onazi
[3] Joel Obi
[4] John Ogu
[5] Mikel Agu
[6] Oghene Etebo
[7] Anderson Esiti
[8] Raheem Lawal
[9] Abdul Ajagun
[10] Ibrahim Alhassan

First of all Alhassan, Etebo and Ajagun are no natural holding midfielders.
Etebo has his deserved place in the squad as attacking midfielder or right winger.
Ogenyi and Ndidi are definitely ahead of Azubuike in the pecking order.
Joel Obi struggles with injuries a lot.
The rest is definitely not better individually than Azubuike.

Though I believe Rohr likes strong, athletic holding midfielders with a good passing rate.
Esiti was droped because his passing accuracy and his decision making was not good enough.
Azubiuke has a sensational passing rate and quick decision making but might not be physical enough for Rohr's liking as he already has a rather lightweight holding midfielder in Onazi.

It all depends on what Rohr expects from his holding midfielders but Azubuike definitely has overall quality.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Cheers.

Mikel and Azuibuike

[1] Wilfred Ndidi
[2] Ogenyi Onazi
[3] Joel Obi
[4] John Ogu
[5] Mikel Agu
[6] Oghene Etebo
[7] Anderson Esiti
[8] Raheem Lawal
[9] Abdul Ajagun
[10] Ibrahim Alhassan

Now i am convinced you rarely watch our players. Al Hassan is not a holding MF he is a supporting striker/AM. That is the role he has played since U17 level in fact he was our highest goalscorer during his U17 days. Ajagun is an Attacking Midfielder, Etebo also is an attacker
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST