The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by tolahs »

theYemster wrote:
tolahs wrote: Kahn On Arsenal:“Bayern played a team so catastrophically bad without the ball.”

http://sokkaa.com/2017/02/17/kahn-arsen ... -play-bad/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Lee Dixon
“With the ball we’re brilliant, but without it absolutely shocking, they don’t know what they’re doing. There’s problems without the ball, it’s been like this for years now.....“You cannot be that bad without the ball against teams like PSG, the other good teams in the tournament, because you will get beaten.”

http://www.squawka.com/news/dixon-witho ... ing/772575
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan Hansen -2013:" Arsene Wenger's side are vulnerable without the ball and do not have enough resilience throughout their ranks."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ansen.html
---------------------------------------------------------
Those flaws have nothing to do with lack of money or building a stadium. And yet the brain trust give the keys to the kingdom to the same person who's been most responsible for the mess for over a decade.

The reason i put those links up was cos when i mentioned that we were a horrible team w/o the ball - some people here resorted to put where we finished defensively at the end of the season - the abuse of stats is mind boggling. Like you, i was trying to get some discussion started about AW's glaring tactical shortcomings - it becomes increasingly obvious that to question the great 'gaffer' is a massive code violation.
The very notion that this man who has been exposed at all levels will be given more money is beyond farcical. I truly expect Gooners to openly fight each other now - not just @emirates but away. The very fact that people aren't disturbed by our fans flying planes above an away venue with duelling messages shows we've a board in name only. These people starting with AW do not know what shame & dignity represents. Sharks - the lot of them!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Three consecutive 5-1 defeats to Bayern, each coming after a supposed rallying cry and call for pride. Wenger is finished and has been for some time. That is not to poor scorn on his capacity in his prime, but rather state the obvious, ten kings, ten eras.

Long before the dollar sign eyeballs of Count Capitalism sunk its teeth into the neck of terrestrial TV, one recalls feigning somnolence, tiptoeing down the corridor and breathing through muted nostrils whilst perched besides the crevice in the living room's ajar door, to watch a club handed Iron Mike decimate Trevor Berbick. Scampering back to bed after exclamations of excitement caught the grown ups attention, one was more certain with each hurried stride, that these tender eyes had been witness to something special. Tyson was imperial, immaculate, imposing, invincible. In the playground thereafter, all were Iron Mike, fingers were rubbed into the fringe of fros to make a pseudo-Tyson line, in what was otherwise, the standard, homemade haircut. In an instant, Tyson, to such young eyes, was the greatest, strong enough to lock horns with and floor with a thunderous hook, the champion that is, time.

In time, even he, the diminutive Goliath, was made finished. Ten kings, ten eras. Like kings before him and kings to come, Wenger is finished.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

And those who keep telling us how great our defense is, have never been able to explain the lousy record we have against top 6 teams in the EPL. Is it an abysmal record. It is pathetic record and any coach should have been fired with that record.

I'm posing this challenge to the Wenger fans once more.

Would you DARE HIRE a coach with Wenger's record in the last 10 years? The last 5 years? The last 2 years?
If you wouldn't hire a coach with Wenger's record, why do you want to keep him?

Bepanda
tolahs wrote:
theYemster wrote:
tolahs wrote: Kahn On Arsenal:“Bayern played a team so catastrophically bad without the ball.”

Lee Dixon
“With the ball we’re brilliant, but without it absolutely shocking, they don’t know what they’re doing. There’s problems without the ball, it’s been like this for years now.....“You cannot be that bad without the ball against teams like PSG, the other good teams in the tournament, because you will get beaten.”

Alan Hansen -2013:" Arsene Wenger's side are vulnerable without the ball and do not have enough resilience throughout their ranks."

Those flaws have nothing to do with lack of money or building a stadium. And yet the brain trust give the keys to the kingdom to the same person who's been most responsible for the mess for over a decade.

The reason i put those links up was cos when i mentioned that we were a horrible team w/o the ball - some people here resorted to put where we finished defensively at the end of the season - the abuse of stats is mind boggling. Like you, i was trying to get some discussion started about AW's glaring tactical shortcomings - it becomes increasingly obvious that to question the great 'gaffer' is a massive code violation.
The very notion that this man who has been exposed at all levels will be given more money is beyond farcical. I truly expect Gooners to openly fight each other now - not just @emirates but away. The very fact that people aren't disturbed by our fans flying planes above an away venue with duelling messages shows we've a board in name only. These people starting with AW do not know what shame & dignity represents. Sharks - the lot of them!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I have you on my ignore list, but sometimes when someone types so much rubbish, it is difficult to ignore. What is Wenger's record? That he singlehandedly built a stadium? That he singlehandedly won 2 FA cups while paying back the loan for the stadium? That he singlehandedly guaranteed top 4, while paying for a stadium out of his own pocket? That he singlehandedly brought great players to the Arsenal, like Ozil, Xhaka and Sanchez, while paying for a stadium out of his own wallet?

And you talk about pathetic record? What is pathetic is the ingratitude that reeks from the post you have made. When Chelsea, City, Tottenham, United, Liverpool and Leicester were spending hundreds of millions buying players and paying salaries as high as 600k a week, the manager could only promote players from the Youth team, due to the stadium he built. Give Wenger the same amount of money the other clubs have and tell me we wont win the treble???

I just laugh at the arrogant ignorance being pontificated in a pontificate manner on this thread. But as I have said, the decision as to whether the manager will stay or go will not be made by miscreants on the internet. It will be made by we true Gooners who sit in row G from seat 5G-18G. Those are the fans who will decide whether this manager goes or stays. And as at 2 weeks ago, when I walked passed them on my way to the latrine, behind North Bank, the decision is firmly behind the manager. Firmly!

bepanda wrote:And those who keep telling us how great our defense is, have never been able to explain the lousy record we have against top 6 teams in the EPL. Is it an abysmal record. It is pathetic record and any coach should have been fired with that record.

I'm posing this challenge to the Wenger fans once more.

Would you DARE HIRE a coach with Wenger's record in the last 10 years? The last 5 years? The last 2 years?
If you wouldn't hire a coach with Wenger's record, why do you want to keep him?

Bepanda
tolahs wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Lee Dixon

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Have you realized that your Ignore list doesn't work?
Please go fix it.
Thanks.

Bepanda
danfo driver wrote:I have you on my ignore list, but sometimes when someone types so much rubbish, it is difficult to ignore. What is Wenger's record? That he singlehandedly built a stadium? That he singlehandedly won 2 FA cups while paying back the loan for the stadium? That he singlehandedly guaranteed top 4, while paying for a stadium out of his own pocket? That he singlehandedly brought great players to the Arsenal, like Ozil, Xhaka and Sanchez, while paying for a stadium out of his own wallet?

And you talk about pathetic record? What is pathetic is the ingratitude that reeks from the post you have made. When Chelsea, City, Tottenham, United, Liverpool and Leicester were spending hundreds of millions buying players and paying salaries as high as 600k a week, the manager could only promote players from the Youth team, due to the stadium he built. Give Wenger the same amount of money the other clubs have and tell me we wont win the treble???

I just laugh at the arrogant ignorance being pontificated in a pontificate manner on this thread. But as I have said, the decision as to whether the manager will stay or go will not be made by miscreants on the internet. It will be made by we true Gooners who sit in row G from seat 5G-18G. Those are the fans who will decide whether this manager goes or stays. And as at 2 weeks ago, when I walked passed them on my way to the latrine, behind North Bank, the decision is firmly behind the manager. Firmly!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bepanda wrote:Have you realized that your Ignore list doesn't work?
Please go fix it.
Thanks.

Bepanda
danfo driver wrote:I have you on my ignore list, but sometimes when someone types so much rubbish, it is difficult to ignore. What is Wenger's record? That he singlehandedly built a stadium? That he singlehandedly won 2 FA cups while paying back the loan for the stadium? That he singlehandedly guaranteed top 4, while paying for a stadium out of his own pocket? That he singlehandedly brought great players to the Arsenal, like Ozil, Xhaka and Sanchez, while paying for a stadium out of his own wallet?

I think he's being sarcastic...poking fun at Waffib.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

*LET ME LOOK FOR TROUBLE..
*Real Madrid*have
Bale, Benzema, Cristiano *(BBC)*
*Barcelona* have
Messi, Suarez, Neymar *(MSN)*
*Chelsea* have
Pedro, Hazard, Diego *(PHD)*
*Manchester United* have
Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Pogba *(RIP)*
*Meanwhile only Arsenal have
Giroud, Ozil, Aaron, Theo, Sanchez *(GOATS)*
Abeg it was copied from a whatsapp message sent to me :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

pajimoh wrote:*LET ME LOOK FOR TROUBLE..
*Real Madrid*have
*Barcelona* have
*Chelsea* have
*Manchester United* have

Pa, this is not funny. One of the dry whatsapp messages from idle people.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
*Real Madrid*have
*Barcelona* have
*Chelsea* have
*Manchester United* have

I know it's not funny. That is why I shared it with you people since you're incapable of laughing about t the moment due to development for t the goonmirates :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Have you realized that your Ignore list doesn't work?
Please go fix it.
Thanks.

Bepanda

@Bepanda he is just exposing some fans here that think Wenger is some demi God and has done no wrong.Wenger is paid 8 million a year,Arsenal had a stadium before Wenger came and built a better stadium.What some fans failed to understand is that Arsenal will never win a major trophies again under Wenger,he is done as a coach.
Before Wenger came to Arsenal,we have won about 6 FA cup which is not a major trophy,we have won 10 EPL trophy before he add just freaking 3 for 21 years.
What did Wenger won in Europe for 21 years or his coaching history?We have won something in Europe before he join us.
Wenger is finish and he can still work for the club but coaching he is not good at it.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oga Plat help here,did not you post something like Chambers is best player for boro of one of the recent months?So how come his fellow CD partner call up for England Ben Gibson but not him?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Jenkinson, Ramsey, Oxlade, Gibbs, Lil Prince (formerly My Son), Cheif Oga Walcotts...Chambers is merely another one for the crowd.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:Oga Plat help here,did not you post something like Chambers is best player for boro of one of the recent months?So how come his fellow CD partner call up for England Ben Gibson but not him?
Calum got injured in late Jan - i don't think he has played since. He has been doing well over there & has at least a players of the (month/week) award - not sure which.
The just sacked coach was very good for him & for the benefit of Arsenal & how we play, it's been good that the leader of the defence is Victor Valdes so there's a calmness about how they defend but like most relegation teams - they struggle to score goals.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

I have even forgotten about this thread...Kai, what have AW and Waffi turned man pikin to?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I have even forgotten about this thread...Kai, what have AW and Waffi turned man pikin to?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I have even forgotten about this thread...Kai, what have AW and Waffi turned man pikin to?
Thread don change oh. It's not sweet like it used to be earlier on in the season. Even me sef as an Arsenal fan, i have no choice but to laugh it off.

Lets hope it is returned to it original glory soon.

I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
*Real Madrid*have
*Barcelona* have
*Chelsea* have
*Manchester United* have

I know it's not funny. That is why I shared it with you people since you're incapable of laughing about t the moment due to development for t the goonmirates :tic:
I actually think its funny though, i think we need to stop taking life so seriously and grow a funny bone.

Football no go kill me oh.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

After City game on sunday the thread will be back,international break has keep the thread silent plus nothing to talk about at the moment.
Sunday will be a real text for Wenger as the pressure goes up,playing sunday and Wednesday so a lot to talk about hopefully we make it 2 in 2 with 6 points.
Hopefully players come back fresh no injury during this break .
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:
After City game on sunday the thread will be back,international break has keep the thread silent plus nothing to talk about at the moment.
Sunday will be a real text for Wenger as the pressure goes up,playing sunday and Wednesday so a lot to talk about hopefully we make it 2 in 2 with 6 points.

Na wow for you o. Are you the new Robbynice? E be like say anytime you predict 3 points for us, we carry a big FAT ZERO.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Na wow for you o. Are you the new Robbynice? E be like say anytime you predict 3 points for us, we carry a big FAT ZERO.
Na hope i dey hope Chief ooooh.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

...so Wenger has put a price tag on Sanchez £50 million...
1.......que PapaK.... :)
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke