The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:
Cally wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Europa League equals cheaper ST tickets. HURRAAYYYYYY!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

They have cut over £200 off my ST. It is now less than £800 for the same number of games as in the CL. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Basically, my ST price means I get to pay £31 per game at the Emirates next. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Way less than What Chelski and Spuds paid in similar and less positions but the club will not get the credit. Instead you will still the rubbish about the most expensive tickets from ignorant kind people who have never paid a time for a ticket. Fark them all. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The downside, does this mean we may lose players? I fear the worst but I understand. We must move uncommitted players on. They cost us CL football in the first place.
I have long been arguing that building a stadium at the expense of on-field performace was the wrong move. There are lots of reasons to build a new stadium (most are sentimental), but match-day revenue wasn't one. Long-term, I have always argued that match-day revenue will continue to provide an ever diminishing contribution. Heck, i see a future where we are almost paying people to come to stadium to provide "atmosphere". This your exuberant post is glimpse into that future
Stop talking from the crack of your arse. I went to Highbury, and I now go to the Emirates. If you had match day experiences like I have for over 20 years, you will not write the BS you just wrote above.

Arsenal's match day revenue is a significant part of their revenue. What is key is, come June, the club will have receipts of about £70m, they can then start planning on the basis of that cash.

When you make the statement you make above, I am left wondering if you really understand what you are on about at any level. How can you dismiss income of £100m plus? Saying it will continue to provide an ever diminishing contribution? For who? The supporters who pay to go, or the club?
some people watch trends, and see the future. Others wait until events overtake them to see it. How much is Arsenal gate receipts now as % of total revenue? under 30%? How much was it when we started thinking of building the stadium? While 30% is not something to sneeze at. We should have done everything humanly possible to prioritize winning on the field over building a beautiful edifice. Investing in a non-growing (heck declining in relative terms) revenue stream particularly at the expense of an exponentially growing one is a dumb economic move. But you are an accountant and not an economist, that distinction is lost on you. You are trained to only see the past, present and at best immediate future.
Not to barge in on your argument, but you do need to think this stuff through before laying your argument down. The revenue stream from that stadium is going to be steady, dependable, and consistent for many many years to come, whether trophies are being won or lost. Your so-called exponentially-growing streams are all transient and mostly dependent on "winning," which no one guarantees. Every season, there are just about 4 trophies that can be won, and about 6 to 8 teams in with a chance to win them. In all your wisdom, and from what you're saying, I'll definitely take those 'dumb' Arsenal board members ahead of you in the smartness stakes.
It's that love for consistent predictability that leads to mediocrity. Like I said, some people see the future, others wait till they can nearly touch it to know it. There were many ways to skin that stadium cat. We could have done better without handicapping ourselves the way we did. Thank God, we had Wenger who delivered a decent team at almost no cost. It could have been worse.
Arsenal currently get over £100m from gate receipts in a stadium that will be there for another 100 years plus. The gate receipts, no matter what percentage it becomes of the total revenue stream, will always be a significant amount of money that will rise inline with, or just under future inflation rates. Above all, this is guaranteed steady income. Not like Sponsorship or TV money that fluctuates and increases cannot be guaranteed. Yes, there are other potential trends for clubs to increase revenue but these are all prone to fluctuate and are not guaranteed steady income. No matter how trends develope, gate receipt cash will always be of huge and crucial significance, this is why Chelski and Spuds are now building their stadiums. If your trend is correct, Spuds and Chelski will not be making the same mistake Arsenal made by building their new stadiums.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

FYI folks Arsenal current wage bill absolutely impossible if the club remained Highbury, now how current wage structure was implemented is another discussion altogether.

What is clear that the benefit of move to Emirates is a reality that will benefit Arsenal in perpetuity, to pretend otherwise is entirely disingenuous.

Above would have been impossible at Highbury.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:Hmmm I am not sure if I am the right person to say this. This is just a blip in 1 out of 21 seasons. Yes, you have not won the league in how many years. Once more like before, the North London battles seem to have swung in Spurs' favour but that is cyclical. However now I am tempted to ask - why do you guys support Arsenal? If Arsenal were to become like Leeds United, would you still support the club?
Stop deluding yourself. You have finish above Arsenal once in 21 years, you come here and talk about NLD battles being cyclical. It is not. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since Pochettino arrived, results in the league have tipped to Spuds but in all competitions, it tips to Arsenal. But results in NLDs have never being used in measuring this contest. Indeed, it is agreed NLDs are a lottery and not a yardstick for assessing superiority. League position and Sliverware won is what is used to measure this contest.

There is no such thing about circles when it comes to Arsenal's dominance over Spuds. Go and take a proper history lesson. Once in a while Spuds will do better than Arsenal in the league, but it never lasts. Spuds has never dominated like Arsenal have done twice. When Spuds do better, Arsenal just put them back in their place quickly.

Since Arsenal moved to North London in 1913, following relegation, Arsenal have taken over. That decade saw the league program interrupted by war but Arsenal got promotion in 1914 and when the league resumed in 1919, Spuds were in Div 2. The 20s saw beginning of the rivalry Arsenal finished above Spurs more times this decade and Spuds got relegated. No dominance but Arsenal started the pattern of superiority which they have enjoyed ever since with 2 periods of total dominance.

In the 30s and 40s, it was total dominance for Arsenal, Spuds spent most of this period in Div 2. Arsenal actually dominated the English game with Herbert Chapman.

In the 50s both clubs won the league once, Arsenal went through a drought in terms of league and Cup successes, Spuds were still below in terms of the table and Arsenal won more Cups, so Arsenal superior but not dominant.

In the 60s, Spuds had a great team that finished above Arsenal in the league most of that decade. But they only won the league once and did not dominate Arsenal in terms of results. So in the 60s, Spuds were superior but not dominant.

In the 70s Arsenal won the Double, winning the league at White Hart Lane, but there was no dominance from Arsenal even tough Spuds managed to get relegated - Arsenal superior but not dominant.

In the 80s, Spuds finished below Arsenal every year in the league all that decade and Arsenal were Champions once. Arsenal were superior but not dominant.

In the 90s, Arsenal won the league twice, won Cups finished above Spuds in the league every years except once and the Wenger era of dominance started.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:FYI folks Arsenal current wage bill absolutely impossible if the club remained Highbury, now how current wage structure was implemented is another discussion altogether.

What is clear that the benefit of move to Emirates is a reality that will benefit Arsenal in perpetuity, to pretend otherwise is entirely disingenuous.

It would be possible at Highbury if my ST was at least treble its current cost. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Corporate gate receipts alone at the Emirates more then what Arsenal got for Highbury stadium.

If that report is correct, or anything to go by, then Arsenal seem wiling try pay up. Bayern Munich's wages for the 2014/15 and 2015/16 season were, £227m and £260m respectively. Arsenal in same periods were £192m and £195m respectively. Maybe Bayern feel he is not worth the money plus the transfer fees.

But this is good news for Arsenal keeping the player, if other clubs are not interested. Are rumours of Chelski and City interest true, if they are, we have problems in keeping the player. I am not a fan of Sanchez but even I cannot argue with his numbers. If Arsenal sell Sanchez, without a replacement. there will hell at the Emirates.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tunis, Let him go. Will the necessary be done to allow for genuine competition for the title next season? Has Beloved not been here before, the Henrys, the Vieiras. The contract renewal that precedes the tantrum and tossing of toys out of the pram once the buggy's parked far from the podium. The standard will be raised once more this summer, is there any intention to meet the measure or will be a case of top four once more, with the cushion of net spend, should the usual transpire.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:FYI folks Arsenal current wage bill absolutely impossible if the club remained Highbury, now how current wage structure was implemented is another discussion altogether.

Part in bold. NOT TRUE!
Compare our matchday revenue to clubs with similar sized stadiums (liverpool, tottenham, chelsea) in the pre-emirates era, and compare it to now.
The net effect of Emirates +£15-20m max(£30-40m increase in gate receipts less £15-20m building/financing cost). That's between (2-5%) of current revenue. That is not why we are now able to pay Sanchez.

And that's just the accounting cost. The real cost of anything has to include the opportunity cost. Now start including opportunity cost. Eg. the time value effect of lost commercial deals we handicapped ourselves with in the 2000s, and the lost opportunity cost of building a global brand including dismantling invincibles too early. Add all those up, and the net effect of the Emirates moves starts trending towards zero if not negative.

There are other reasons to build the Emirates. Most are sentimental. A few are not (e.g. if the old one was physically unsound and a new one had to be built come what may). Potential revenue increase however is the reason we made the move. The real (counting costs and opportunity cost) net increase is zero to negative. In terms of revenue, we are not better off for having moved to the Emirates. That probably makes no sense to accountants, it does to economists.
Last edited by amafolas on Wed May 24, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

amafolas wrote:

Compare our matchday revenue to clubs with similar sized stadiums (liverpool, tottenham, chelsea) in the pre-emirates era, and compare it to now.
The net effect of Emirates +£15-20m max(£30-40m increase in gate receipts less £15-20m building/financing cost). That's between (2-5%) of current revenue. That is not why we are now able to pay Sanchez.

And that's just the real cost. Now start including opportunity cost. Eg. the time value effect of lost commercial deals we handicapped ourselves with, and the opportunity cost of building a global brand. The net effect of the Emirates moves starts trending towards zero to negative.

There are other reasons to build the Emirates - mostly sentimental, some economic (a big club with a big stadium has tangible brand benefit). But from a pure economic view (not accounting oh), it is a very questionable move. We could have done it better.
Amafolas, you have been making this point for years. Let it go. They have built the stadium. Focus now is how to be competitive.
The club refuses to pay current value for players but want to compete. Meanwhile, their coach is one of the highest paid coaches. Irony in my view.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

See accountants :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

afcstuff @afcstuff
Arsenal have offered Alexis Sanchez a new contract worth £330k-a-week, a figure that Bayern Munich cannot compete with. [Bild]
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thesport ... -dein/amp/

Henry tells it like it is about how important David Dein was to Arsenal .... Thunder fire those selfish egos wey no fit let bygones be bygones and let him come home to the family.

Actually I blame Wenger for his ego and arrogance and felt like he could do it alone without Dein :curse: :curse: because all he had to do at the time was to say "if he goes, I go as well ..." and Dein would still be at the Emirates :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ojafranpa wrote:afcstuff @afcstuff
Arsenal have offered Alexis Sanchez a new contract worth £330k-a-week, a figure that Bayern Munich cannot compete with. [Bild]
Fake news!!
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

una still dey here dey spam a Nigerian football forum, united dey play on tues and wed... wheres una go dey plea the FIF on throwback thursdays
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Bigpokey24 wrote:una still dey here dey spam a Nigerian football forum, united dey play on tues and wed... wheres una go dey plea the FIF on throwback thursdays
And what are you doing here?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Hmmm I am not sure if I am the right person to say this. This is just a blip in 1 out of 21 seasons. Yes, you have not won the league in how many years. Once more like before, the North London battles seem to have swung in Spurs' favour but that is cyclical. However now I am tempted to ask - why do you guys support Arsenal? If Arsenal were to become like Leeds United, would you still support the club?
Stop - BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH - of dominance started.
Answer ze question ..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:afcstuff @afcstuff
Fake news!!
Not really. The rumours are; Arsenal have not offered that much. But have made an offer that is close to being competitive for the players to be interested and talking.

Whatever it is, if these stories are true, it looks like the club are keen on keeping its best players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Stop - BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH - of dominance started.
Answer ze question ..
I answered the question and put your delusion in its rightful place. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.thesport ... -dein/amp/

Henry tells it like it is about how important David Dein was to Arsenal .... Thunder fire those selfish egos wey no fit let bygones be bygones and let him come home to the family.

Actually I blame Wenger for his ego and arrogance and felt like he could do it alone without Dein :curse: :curse: because all he had to do at the time was to say "if he goes, I go as well ..." and Dein would still be at the Emirates :curse:
Man, sometimes you miss the point. Who is Henry's Agent?

David Dein's son.

We now know Henry's final deal (remember the one in the final year of his contract) played a part in Dein being kicked out. The Arsenal Board cannot hide from the embarrassment of the conflict of interest that sees Dein's son as an Agent for the player and Dein's role at the club.

If you are aware of these facts, then you will not pay any attention to what Henry says about Dein. He has a personal and vested interest. So long as ypu keep this in your calculations, fair enough.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

danfo driver wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:See accountants :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My brother, na so we see am o! During tax season, na only one of these wengers I dey use.

http://www.wengercopc.com/

http://www.wbcpas.net/

http://www.taxbuzz.com/find-the-best-cp ... had-wenger

http://legal-professionals.credio.com/l ... fke-Wenger

https://www.linkedin.com/in/adamwenger
:lol: :lol: You dey craze :lol: :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Its called moving the goalposts. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Guv007 wrote:

I doubt you find such inane debates on bayern, madrid, Barcelona and juventus fora discussing stadia costs in fine details. They have bigger fish to fry like counting trophies and discuss performances in cup finals :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bouncino wrote:
amafolas wrote:

And that's just the real cost. Now start including opportunity cost. Eg. the time value effect of lost commercial deals we handicapped ourselves with, and the opportunity cost of building a global brand. The net effect of the Emirates moves starts trending towards zero to negative.

There are other reasons to build the Emirates - mostly sentimental, some economic (a big club with a big stadium has tangible brand benefit). But from a pure economic view (not accounting oh), it is a very questionable move. We could have done it better.
Amafolas, you have been making this point for years. Let it go. They have built the stadium. Focus now is how to be competitive.
The club refuses to pay current value for players but want to compete. Meanwhile, their coach is one of the highest paid coaches. Irony in my view.
So Coach delivering for Board who will not pay current value.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Samora Machel wrote:
Guv007 wrote:

I doubt you find such inane debates on bayern, madrid, Barcelona and juventus fora discussing stadia costs in fine details. They have bigger fish to fry like counting trophies and discuss performances in cup finals :rotf:
I normally ignore so called Arsenal supporters here when they post their ignoramus. Why? I think ignorant people write such BS. But you are an exception.

Did Juve or Bayern pay in full their stadium? If I told you Bayern paid less than 70m Euros for the Alliance Arena and no cost for regeneration and public transport, will you make such a stupid and ignorant comment?

That's the problem with ignorance, it breeds stupidity and your patronising comments above is a clear manifestation of all of the above.