The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Cally wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Indepth article on Tony Adams fallout with AW.

Must read for Gooners.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... are_btn_tw
TG, what do you make of this?
In much of the article Adams does paint AW in a very kind light, i.e how AW mentored likes of Thruman and how AW was very stern and direct with likes of Adams back in the hey of Arsenal PL title winning years. That Arsenal and AW need people within the club that are able and willing to confront AW on shortcomings of the team and AW.

I do think like Henry, Adams have a lack of self awareness on the coaching issue. TA contends AW should simply inform him if he is not good enough to coach at Arsenal, I think if AW were cruel he could easily tell TA he has been an abject failure at every place he has been involved in the football operations. Idea Adams would be OK with such a blunt approach from AW sounds hollow as in the article it's quite clear whilst Adams was a warrior on the pitch, off the pitch he remains an extremely fragile, sensitive soul, who takes failure extremely hard.

As Adams concedes in the article AW is excellent psychologists, I think AW for years has tried to let TA down subtlety and sadly TA did not take the hint. It's like a mate who wants you to hook them up with a job at your place of business, you love the dude but know he is not built for that field and you're not willing to stake your reputation by pushing forward with an unqualified candidate, even though he's your friend. So you comes with a litany of excuses as to why you were unable to land them the gig.

I think Adams also failed to understand, at some point loyalty is expected, AW has never tossed his players under the bus be they current or ex Gunners. AW reputation as being ultra loyal has been unequivocally established, for Adams to knownigly or unknowingly be used by the Sun in this climate, where the mob is at the proverbial gates with pitchforks and all....to have media plaster all over the world that Arsenal legend TA says "Wenger can't manage his way out of a paper bag", then act aghast AW has recoiled at those comments and cut off ties with TA is extremely naive and goes to show AW doubts over TA ability to cope with responsibility of coaching at Arsenal are very much justified.
I concur with your analysis, and for me, it is really sad to read some of the quotes there.

He also cannot make up his mind. He says he cannot coach in one breath, then next breath, he is a great Coach. The man is just all over the place and I can feel this resentment or anger with Wenger being in the job too long, thus stopping him from Managing Arsenal, which he feels entitled to do.
Love TA but he has made an utter mess out of the situation.

If TA truly wanted to work out any misunderstanding with AW, do so face to face, after the season, Yet despite wishing he and AW were still on good terms with phone calls and texts, his actions remain damaging. Once again TA reaction is to run to the media to air Arsenal dirty laundry.

Sad to say but TA is in way over his head.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Cally wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Indepth article on Tony Adams fallout with AW.

Must read for Gooners.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... are_btn_tw
TG, what do you make of this?
In much of the article Adams does paint AW in a very kind light, i.e how AW mentored likes of Thruman and how AW was very stern and direct with likes of Adams back in the hey of Arsenal PL title winning years. That Arsenal and AW need people within the club that are able and willing to confront AW on shortcomings of the team and AW.

I do think like Henry, Adams have a lack of self awareness on the coaching issue. TA contends AW should simply inform him if he is not good enough to coach at Arsenal, I think if AW were cruel he could easily tell TA he has been an abject failure at every place he has been involved in the football operations. Idea Adams would be OK with such a blunt approach from AW sounds hollow as in the article it's quite clear whilst Adams was a warrior on the pitch, off the pitch he remains an extremely fragile, sensitive soul, who takes failure extremely hard.

As Adams concedes in the article AW is excellent psychologists, I think AW for years has tried to let TA down subtlety and sadly TA did not take the hint. It's like a mate who wants you to hook them up with a job at your place of business, you love the dude but know he is not built for that field and you're not willing to stake your reputation by pushing forward with an unqualified candidate, even though he's your friend. So you comes with a litany of excuses as to why you were unable to land them the gig.

I think Adams also failed to understand, at some point loyalty is expected, AW has never tossed his players under the bus be they current or ex Gunners. AW reputation as being ultra loyal has been unequivocally established, for Adams to knownigly or unknowingly be used by the Sun in this climate, where the mob is at the proverbial gates with pitchforks and all....to have media plaster all over the world that Arsenal legend TA says "Wenger can't manage his way out of a paper bag", then act aghast AW has recoiled at those comments and cut off ties with TA is extremely naive and goes to show AW doubts over TA ability to cope with responsibility of coaching at Arsenal are very much justified.
I concur with your analysis, and for me, it is really sad to read some of the quotes there.

He also cannot make up his mind. He says he cannot coach in one breath, then next breath, he is a great Coach. The man is just all over the place and I can feel this resentment or anger with Wenger being in the job too long, thus stopping him from Managing Arsenal, which he feels entitled to do.
Love TA but he has made an utter mess out of the situation.

If TA truly wanted to work out any misunderstanding with AW, do so face to face, after the season, Yet despite wishing he and AW were still on good terms with phone calls and texts, his actions remain damaging. Once again TA reaction is to run to the media to air Arsenal dirty laundry.

Sad to say but TA is in way over his head.
Geezers, don't be unwitting feeders of this clown's ego. Like most of the public, you know his type but are reluctant cos he was our soldier. AW's diss of him - "i don't take him seriously" was apt.
T.A has become that hustler whose buzz words gained thru endless therapy sessions sees something else in the mirror.
This man has been all over to coach - the constant is spectacular failure - even Stuart Robson said he should be the last man to question AW's credentials.
Ignore the dude
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Ozil extends love to the naysayers

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tolahs wrote:Ozil extends love to the naysayers

so this is why the English do not like Ozil:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Screw Tony Adams. He is simply a horrible coach. Why do these Arsenal guys think they have a God given right to get a job at AFC without earning their stripes?? The only guys I'd want in the coaching setup are Keown, Bergkamp, Gilberto, maybe Henry. Viera and Tony Adams think they're better than they actually are.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Komani wrote:Screw Tony Adams. He is simply a horrible coach. Why do these Arsenal guys think they have a God given right to get a job at AFC without earning their stripes?? The only guys I'd want in the coaching setup are Keown, Bergkamp, Gilberto, maybe Henry. Viera and Tony Adams think they're better than they actually are.
Tony Adams is a failed coach.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Can we have the 2017/2018 season thread? Kajifu, will you open the thread or I should ask Bigpokey to do so?

Come 2018, it is written.......
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

wanaj0 wrote:Can we have the 2017/2018 season thread? Kajifu, will you open the thread or I should ask Bigpokey to do so?

Errrhhh, its too soon nah.

Make we wait till at least near end of june when transfer window almost open.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Komani wrote:Screw Tony Adams. He is simply a horrible coach. Why do these Arsenal guys think they have a God given right to get a job at AFC without earning their stripes?? The only guys I'd want in the coaching setup are Keown, Bergkamp, Gilberto, maybe Henry. Viera and Tony Adams think they're better than they actually are.
He has been wrong so many times - it's unreal.
When he was a pundit - he came out & said a young Rooney wasn't ready to rep England in Portugal - had to be Owen. Rooney blew up.
Look at the generation of emerging coaches - the bus has left TA behind. He ain't about that coaching life
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

It's going to be a massive click-bait offseason on the transfer rumours front.

Some big named players listed as up for sale include Jordi Alba, Ivan Rakitic, Rafinha, Arda Turan and Paco Alacer. Barcelona hope to raise at least 150 million euros from these sales.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/barce ... -targeted/
------------------------------------------------------
Just don't buy that Jordi Alba & Ivan Rakitic are on the selling block. Yes Alba had a dip this season - injury & all but nah - Barca ain't selling. As for Rakitic, he's been
a standout & very versatile - central or wide.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Put some "Respeck"(Birdman voice) on that Arsenal name people:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng ... -cup-final
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
tolahs wrote:Ozil extends love to the naysayers

so this is why the English do not like Ozil:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I remember that. The English got a beating.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

TA can't handle the rejection..Great, great player but hardly going to make a 'good' coach. He has passion in abundance, but lacks the temperament and acumen. Unfortunately his option are limited either as a pundit or coach (a poor man's Bryon Robson).

Best thing for him is to set up an academy and mentor young defenders.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

He talks about Arsenal being like an ex wife..... He's behaving like dude whose ex wife has remarried but he hasn't been able to move on...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:It's going to be a massive click-bait offseason on the transfer rumours front.

Some big named players listed as up for sale include Jordi Alba, Ivan Rakitic, Rafinha, Arda Turan and Paco Alacer. Barcelona hope to raise at least 150 million euros from these sales.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/barce ... -targeted/
------------------------------------------------------
Just don't buy that Jordi Alba & Ivan Rakitic are on the selling block. Yes Alba had a dip this season - injury & all but nah - Barca ain't selling. As for Rakitic, he's been
a standout & very versatile - central or wide.
Raise £150m from which fools!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So long as Wenger is there, I know it will not be us.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Arsene's 2 year deal will be unveiled in the next day or so. Stan Kroenke is enamored with him, as everyone knew, the job was always Arsene's if he wanted it. The club had better start restructuring for the post Wenger life though, having a shortlist of replacements isn't enough. Whether he likes it or not, whether they like it or not, one day soon, he will have to go.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

wanaj0 wrote:Can we have the 2017/2018 season thread? Kajifu, will you open the thread or I should ask Bigpokey to do so?

We are still in 2016/17 season celebration our FA Cup win after out classing and out performing you Chelski lot. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

platinum wrote:Arsene's 2 year deal will be unveiled in the next day or so. Stan Kroenke is enamored with him, as everyone knew, the job was always Arsene's if he wanted it. The club had better start restructuring for the post Wenger life though, having a shortlist of replacements isn't enough. Whether he likes it or not, whether they like it or not, one day soon, he will have to go.
The definition of success from a board directors point of view is significantly different from a fans point of view....

Arsenal have missed out on the champions league for the first time in 20 years, Manu, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs have all suffered similar fate in recent years. Sacking Wenger is no guarantee of immediate success. I think the board will look towards developing a transition plan with Wenger and let him manage the process.

If they sack him, holding on to key players will be a challenge and the board are aware of the instability this will cause..I suspect he gets a two year extension but leaves after one..
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Mr Shows wrote:
platinum wrote:Arsene's 2 year deal will be unveiled in the next day or so. Stan Kroenke is enamored with him, as everyone knew, the job was always Arsene's if he wanted it. The club had better start restructuring for the post Wenger life though, having a shortlist of replacements isn't enough. Whether he likes it or not, whether they like it or not, one day soon, he will have to go.

The definition of success from a board directors point of view is significantly different from a fans point of view....

Arsenal have missed out on the champions league for the first time in 20 years, Manu, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs have all suffered similar fate in recent years. Sacking Wenger is no guarantee of immediate success. I think the board will look towards developing a transition plan with Wenger and let him manage the process.

If they sack him, holding on to key players will be a challenge and the board are aware of the instability this will cause..I suspect he gets a two year extension but leaves after one..
Which fans? Where you at the Cup final? If you where and heard the fans sing the Manager's name with passion and gusto, you will not make that statement.

Arsenal are the 3rd most successful club in England for nothing. For the vast majority of fans like you have seen in the last 3 out of 4 seasons, it is all about winning. They don't care just win and when you win like we did on Saturday, trust me, there is no better feeling for those fans at Wembley.

There are many fans who always had a go at Wenger for not winning the Carling Cup, saying winning was better than top 4. I disagreed with them on that trophy because we just do not have the resources to go for it with the 1st team given the scheduling for the games and its timing with CL and International break. Now that we are in the Europa Cup, I just hope Wenger takes it more seriously.

The Arsenal Board wants to win the League, every Arsenal fan wants to win the league. It remains a source of disappointment to us all and mostly to Wenger. If we cannot win it, then it is better to win another Major trophy like the FA Cup than win nothing at all. The idea that the Board or Wenger been given an extension means a different view of success to the fans is wrong.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

My guess on players leaving this summer:

Wilshere
Gibbs
Ospina
Joel
Debuchy
Jenkinson
Sanogo

Wilshere to me is a wild guess, but there is a chance he will go.

The others will be let go from the squad.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Wenger STAYS :thumbs:

If you no like am, join the Chelski bandwagon.

Having said that, now we need a top striker! I hope Wenger made this absolutely clear. We need to keep Sanchez and Ozil, and ADD a top top top striker.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:My guess on players leaving this summer:

Wilshere
Gibbs
Ospina
Joel
Debuchy
Jenkinson
Sanogo

Wilshere to me is a wild guess, but there is a chance he will go.

The others will be let go from the squad.
Gibbs is the only one I will miss. He has tried, but has NOT developed as we wished. His numerous injuries have not helped.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Arsene Wenger: Arsenal manager agrees two-year contract

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40073103
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.