The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by zoldsasok »

Waffiman wrote:Despite the Lacazette stories. Rumours of Arsenal making a world record bid for Mbappe.

Wenger: Making Arsenal Black and French again. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Waffi my man why is that a good thing? lol
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

zoldsasok wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Despite the Lacazette stories. Rumours of Arsenal making a world record bid for Mbappe.

Wenger: Making Arsenal Black and French again. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Waffi my man why is that a good thing? lol
We win league titles. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

BTW! Hearing rumours that Lacazette is done. But we know this cannot be until we see him with the shirt right! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

zoldsasok wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Arsenal increase Lacazette bid. Rumours of deal close.

And finally, Lacazette is better than Giroud at everything else I can think of apart from aerial balls.
Haha Sky dont do that to Giroud now, i will take Lacazette because of his speed, conversion rate and looks like he fits more into Arsenal play but
Giroud is also better in one touch no look link up play, holdup play, and defending especially corners
i hope Giroud doesnt have to leave because of Lacazette
You are spot on. But I don't think Sky is putting Giroud down. I will not even compare them because they are completely different type of players. As a number 9, there are few in Europe better than Giroud. I also do not think he will be sold. We need both of them for the struggles ahead.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:Ox.....

If you give us Coutinho and Mane, we will give you Ox and Gibbs, and shake hands.
For some reason, it is becoming clear Arsenal do not want to keep this player.

There is a lot of talk amongst some sections of the fan base that Sanchez is signing on.

If all these turn out to be correct, I see a connection.

I thought Arsenal was posturing with Ox, but it turns out they are not.

For me, Arsenal letting go of so many English players (rumours of club not offering Wilshere terms, just like Gibbs and Oxlade) is a deliberate attempt to alter the dynamics of the dressing room and letting go of more injury prone players.

Ramsey has been offered terms and I hear very good terms too. He will sign on. If you are the above players, you know what's up with Ramsey. You know your time us up.

Always a bit of a downer to see these guys leave. But that's life. I wish them all the best if their time is up at Arsenal.

If Sanchez stays and certain players leave. For me, it points directly to problems with the players during that awful period last season. If you guys remember, I also called it the season before.

It is now looking like the club is going to shift out almost all the players involved. If this happens and Sanchez stays, it is clear to me whose side the Manager has chosen. Just like Wenger got all he asked, winning his power struggle. If Sanchez stays it is clear victory for Sanchez
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
....what happened to "sanchez is causing problems with team cohesion......."
"...I want sanchez out of the team....."
flip flopper extraordinaire........... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :arrow:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:Ox.....

If you give us Coutinho and Mane, we will give you Ox and Gibbs, and shake hands.
For some reason, it is becoming clear Arsenal do not want to keep this player.

There is a lot of talk amongst some sections of the fan base that Sanchez is signing on.

If all these turn out to be correct, I see a connection.

I thought Arsenal was posturing with Ox, but it turns out they are not.

For me, Arsenal letting go of so many English players (rumours of club not offering Wilshere terms, just like Gibbs and Oxlade) is a deliberate attempt to alter the dynamics of the dressing room and letting go of more injury prone players.

Ramsey has been offered terms and I hear very good terms too. He will sign on. If you are the above players, you know what's up with Ramsey. You know your time us up.

Always a bit of a downer to see these guys leave. But that's life. I wish them all the best if their time is up at Arsenal.

If Sanchez stays and certain players leave. For me, it points directly to problems with the players during that awful period last season. If you guys remember, I also called it the season before.

It is now looking like the club is going to shift out almost all the players involved. If this happens and Sanchez stays, it is clear to me whose side the Manager has chosen. Just like Wenger got all he asked, winning his power struggle. If Sanchez stays it is clear victory for Sanchez
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
....what happened to "sanchez is causing problems with team cohesion......."
"...I want sanchez out of the team....."
flip flopper extraordinaire........... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :arrow:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I don't care who stays or goes. As you know, I only care about the club I am a supporting member of. I have never decried Sanchez quality, but called into question his professionalism and attitude. I still maintain, I will gladly see the back of him so long as we get a replacement. No player is bigger than the club.

But it was always clear Wenger bent over backwards to accommodate Sanchez, even ex-players who know a thing or two about Arsenal's dressing room like Keown and Dixon, called for the pampered Sanchez to toe the line or leave.

Finally, when I examine Sanchez work load in the past 4 seasons, I will not give him a bumper contract. 2 Confed Cups, 2 Copa Americas, all those friendlies and WC qualifications points to a player that is too much of an injury risk, especially at his age. Ozil is being given a rest by Germany. But what do I know?

I hope, if the rumours are really true and he stays, that we get the benefits by winning the league and he plays his part. Am a Gooner, I want the best and will only defend those who fight for the shirt. End off.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:Lawd have mercy. The negativity in this place is just boring and tedious.

Many here have written the club off and boy they are miserable. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They were edgy over our transfer dealings, and wrote us off long before the summer, just like they did before the Cup final. So why should anyone bother with the defeated? I'm not, except to ridicule and ignore them.

Wenger could have stuck with Nacho and Gibbs easily, but he wants more. Getting Kolasinac is manifest. But I come here and you think someone just died.

Like Wenger said, we need just 2-3 new players, and that's dependent upon outgoings. I'm pretty sure we will get the required bodies in.
With all due respect Waffi, this is hogwash. You are making it sound like Wenger splashed for a game changing LB like Mendy or Alex Sandro or Marcelo. Kolisanic is an opportunistic free transfer that is a marginal improvement over our current players at best. Makes complete financial sense and little risk so I completely understand the move but don't make it seem like Wenger took a major gamble here
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Gotta feel bad for Monaco as it looks like their team will be picked apart by the vultures this summer. Silva gone and Bakayako, Fabinho, Mbappe, Mendy & Lemar all set to leave if you believe the rumours. IMO Arsenal should be after their main scouts as those players would walk into Arsenal's first 11 and were bought for combined less than Xhaka and Mustafi
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Typical Arsenal summer ... noise, noise, noise ...
Show me the money. Show me the players !!!

Bepanda
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like the market is even more crazier than last year.

Over inflated prices.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:And now gentlemen, the elevation of Lacazette above and beyond all others. Well substantiated fact is his striking pedigree, but should he be acquired and arrive at the Grove, let it be known, statistically, at the same stage in their development, Lacazette is the striker in the world. One will be the first to say, United paid 70 odd for Morata, Wenger went t Lyon with a bag of francs and his phallus protruding from unzipped flies. Lyon asked for more and he scooped out a pair of testicles before threatening to take his custom elsewhere. #Bullied.

As for Oxlade, rumours abound of a divisive nature in the dressing room. #getrid.
One man's #

Is another's utility:
change of pace
CM
RWM
LWM
RWB
LWB
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Lawd have mercy. The negativity in this place is just boring and tedious.

Many here have written the club off and boy they are miserable. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They were edgy over our transfer dealings, and wrote us off long before the summer, just like they did before the Cup final. So why should anyone bother with the defeated? I'm not, except to ridicule and ignore them.

Wenger could have stuck with Nacho and Gibbs easily, but he wants more. Getting Kolasinac is manifest. But I come here and you think someone just died.

Like Wenger said, we need just 2-3 new players, and that's dependent upon outgoings. I'm pretty sure we will get the required bodies in.
With all due respect Waffi, this is hogwash. You are making it sound like Wenger splashed for a game changing LB like Mendy or Alex Sandro or Marcelo. Kolisanic is an opportunistic free transfer that is a marginal improvement over our current players at best. Makes complete financial sense and little risk so I completely understand the move but don't make it seem like Wenger took a major gamble here
With all due respect, you talking like a 9 year old. Like they say, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one.

You negative and miserable lot always know better than those who run the club yet you lot have no record of managing a pub team let alone a proper football team.

We just got a player who was voted by Bundesliga fans as the best LB in their league with over 80% of the votes for free yet he mentions Sandro and Mendy.

What do these fans know? What do the professionals at Arsenal know when compare to a 9 yr old sage like you?

Each to his own. I suppose.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:Gotta feel bad for Monaco as it looks like their team will be picked apart by the vultures this summer. Silva gone and Bakayako, Fabinho, Mbappe, Mendy & Lemar all set to leave if you believe the rumours. IMO Arsenal should be after their main scouts as those players would walk into Arsenal's first 11 and were bought for combined less than Xhaka and Mustafi
He feels sorry for Monaco. Gotta love these Arsenal supporters. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I cannot and will not be a manager or sporting director. At today's prices, I will not buy any player. I play the youth rather than pay silly money.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:I cannot and will not be a manager or sporting director. At today's prices, I will not buy any player. I play the youth rather than pay silly money.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Dealing with agents like Raiola, Mendes, Joorabchian, Bertolucci..... :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Unfortunately there are those who win a league with lesser players and others who squander better. The game needed a cap on transfer fees and wages a long time ago, it never came, now, madness reigns. Sadly, the antithesis was a fantastic failure, Bendtner, Szczesznyzzz, Denilson, Djorou etc, these guys were supposed to be our Ajax by now. Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Oxlade, Frimpong, sadly when the school's are failing, there's little choice but to find the end product in the market place. Crazy can be avoided, but mad is inevitable.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Coach wrote:^Unfortunately there are those who win a league with lesser players and others who squander better. The game needed a cap on transfer fees and wages a long time ago, it never came, now, madness reigns. Sadly, the antithesis was a fantastic failure, Bendtner, Szczesznyzzz, Denilson, Djorou etc, these guys were supposed to be our Ajax by now. Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Oxlade, Frimpong, sadly when the school's are failing, there's little choice but to find the end product in the market place. Crazy can be avoided, but mad is inevitable.
KPOM!! As long as Football continues to make a lot of money, Forget it!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cristao II wrote:
Coach wrote:^Unfortunately there are those who win a league with lesser players and others who squander better. The game needed a cap on transfer fees and wages a long time ago, it never came, now, madness reigns. Sadly, the antithesis was a fantastic failure, Bendtner, Szczesznyzzz, Denilson, Djorou etc, these guys were supposed to be our Ajax by now. Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Oxlade, Frimpong, sadly when the school's are failing, there's little choice but to find the end product in the market place. Crazy can be avoided, but mad is inevitable.

Abi? So if Waffi is saying as a manager, he won't spend 'crazy' money on players, he should come and tell us where all the "crazy money" coming in should go. So football makes money, Wenger gets pain >8 million, then you elect to field the likes of Djorou, Frimpong Gibbs, etc against Tottenham's Wanyama, Dembele, Erikson, etc? And this is the same Arsenal with scouts in France that consistently fail to spot talent?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Abi? So if Waffi is saying as a manager, he won't spend 'crazy' money on players, he should come and tell us where all the "crazy money" coming in should go. So football makes money, Wenger gets pain >8 million, then you elect to field the likes of Djorou, Frimpong Gibbs, etc against Tottenham's Wanyama, Dembele, Erikson, etc? And this is the same Arsenal with scouts in France that consistently fail to spot talent?
Chief Wenger new contract is 9million plus 1 million bonus if we get back to cl,3 million bonus if we win the league
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Over inflated? I don't know what it means. Have you seen the TV Deals?
Teams have lots of money in the bank from TV deals, who should get the money? Average coaches? Owners? Doctors?
Pure garbage ... this is the free market. If you can't pay, stay on the sidelines ... and let others pay ball.

Bepanda
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

bepanda wrote:Over inflated? I don't know what it means. Have you seen the TV Deals?
Teams have lots of money in the bank from TV deals, who should get the money? Average coaches? Owners? Doctors?
Pure garbage ... this is the free market. If you can't pay, stay on the sidelines ... and let others pay ball.

Bepanda
So you go gree pay Ozil 300K a week lol
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

beIN's @PhilSchoen: "I thought Mbappé to #AFC was impossible. Now, IMHO it just might happen. Thomas Lemar, as well."
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

This club is not serious ..:: first preseason game is in three weeks smh .... as they say ..

"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail...
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.