The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by tolahs »

Cally wrote:
bepanda wrote:Ozil staying or Wenger staying are bad for Arsenal and great for Arsenal TV.
Ozil was again Arsenal weakest link during the FA Cup.
The misses, the turnovers ... etc.
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:Hopefully all this news around should be positive that Sanchez and Ozil sign.
If Wenger is leaving let him lie he si staying then when those guys sign he can resign that is health issue.
Just dont want us let two super players go but if its Ozil going i will not mind but mba not Sanchez
At some point, you'd have to try and speak some truth about Ozil for a change. he made our team and attack tick in that FA Cup game. How you saw Ozil as the weakest link during that game beats me. There was no weak link in that game. To say that the current assist record holder in the EPL staying at Arsenal is bad for the club, shows how your mind works. I just rewatched the Everton game and the FA cup final, and Ozil was breathtaking at times during both games. This whole Ozil fixation is frankly childish and ridiculous, but if its what makes your life sweet, carry on.

It's really lame to desperately seek ways to justify biases - no way Ozil was a weak link. I'll say him & Danny need to spend a lot of time pre-season working on goalscoring drills - Ozil must work on the right foot. Elneny, that was un-Egyptian. I've had to applaud the efforts of Ramsey - he's been balling.
I also believe strongly that AW was the Professor at the FA cup - even Stuart Robson, biggest unapologetic hater of Arsene 15-20mins in was saying AW's winning the tactical battle.
Yes, Ozil missed goals but how many Chelsea superstars got a sniff of goal???? I praise the fact that he'd opps - you need chances to make them - next step is to convert chances.

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Blukyt wrote:If we are prepared to solidify our midfield and defence, and also getting a top #9 keeping Ozil is a MUST!

But if we are gonna be the same Arsenal then we will not get value for Ozil.

He has to be carried to get the best out of him. He's too pure of a #10. You have to build around him (top defence and quality strike force). E go cost!
If we keep the 3 at the back. I am actually fine with our defence

GK: Cech, Sxcezxney (recall him), Martinez , let Ospina go
CD: Kos (needs to play less next season), Mustafi, Holding, Gabriel, Mertesecker (give him the Bergkamp extension), Chambers and Monreal.
RWB: Bellerin, Ox. Sell Debuchy/Jenks
LWB: Monreal, Kolasinic (the free transfer everyone says we have). Let Gibbs go.

We are fine there in terms of numbers and quality.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Indepth article on Tony Adams fallout with AW.

Must read for Gooners.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... are_btn_tw
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

bepanda wrote:Ozil staying or Wenger staying are bad for Arsenal and great for Arsenal TV.
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:Hopefully all this news around should be positive that Sanchez and Ozil sign.
If Wenger is leaving let him lie he si staying then when those guys sign he can resign that is health issue.
Just dont want us let two super players go but if its Ozil going i will not mind but mba not Sanchez
Bepanda, please bro quit this narrative.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cally wrote:
Bepanda
At some point, you'd have to try and speak some truth about Ozil for a change. he made our team and attack tick in that FA Cup game. How you saw Ozil as the weakest link during that game beats me. There was no weak link in that game. To say that the current assist record holder in the EPL staying at Arsenal is bad for the club, shows how your mind works. I just rewatched the Everton game and the FA cup final, and Ozil was breathtaking at times during both games. This whole Ozil fixation is frankly childish and ridiculous, but if its what makes your life sweet, carry on.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Autopilot, this chap and anika. Eyes firmly implanted under their derrieres when it comes to certain players.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Bepanda,

Don't let the noisy echo chamber of these Ozilites drown out your voice or stop you from seeing through the haze. A repeated failure whose catalogue of hopelessnesss is enough to sink the Titanic is still being defended by some blind clowns .... I mean really? Ozil? Wow.

Who is in for Ozil? PSG, BAYERN, MADRID, BARCELONA, CHELSHYT?

Ahhh whatever, why bother :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Indepth article on Tony Adams fallout with AW.

Must read for Gooners.

TG, what do you make of this?
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Must read for Gooners.

If this is an accurate account then I can't fault him. Though the way he phrased the coaching comment about Wenger being unable to coach his way out of a paper bag, that's what I had a problem with. That was unprofessional, completely undermined him and made it seem more personal and less objective. However I largely agree with everything he's said.

But then again we have to assume that he's being truthful cos you know, everyone's a hero in their own story.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Must read for Gooners.

TG, give one reason why this garbage is a must read for Gooners. An Arsenal legend who won his battle with the bottles, otherwise he's being a nonentity.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Can you be specific?
Bepanda
ojafranpa wrote:
Bepanda
Bepanda, please bro quit this narrative.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

anikulapo wrote:Bepanda,

Don't let the noisy echo chamber of these Ozilites drown out your voice or stop you from seeing through the haze. A repeated failure whose catalogue of hopelessnesss is enough to sink the Titanic is still being defended by some blind clowns .... I mean really? Ozil? Wow.

He won't be a good fit at Chelsea. We already have Fab.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

balo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Bepanda,

He won't be a good fit at Chelsea. We already have Fab.

:rotf:

That Droopy eyed sloth wouldn't last five seconds in a Chelshyt uniform before dem go chuck am off Stamford bridge .... Most expensive short-one in EPL history :curse:
Last edited by anikulapo on Mon May 29, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

According to espnfc, Wenger is good to go for 2 more years.
I can't wait for Arsenal Fan TV next year. It will be epic.
I believe next season will be even more depressing than this season.

Bepanda
Arsene Wenger will attend an Arsenal board meeting designed to resolve his future on Tuesday having already agreed the terms of a new two-year contract at the club as long ago as November, sources have told ESPN FC.

Wenger, 67, is out of contract at the end of June and uncertainty continues to hang over his position at the Emirates Stadium following Saturday's FA Cup final victory against Chelsea at Wembley -- a success which secured a record 13th FA Cup for Arsenal and a seventh for Wenger since his arrival as manager in 1996.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Thunder wrote:

Must read for Gooners.

TG, give one reason why this garbage is a must read for Gooners. An Arsenal legend who won his battle with the bottles, otherwise he's being a nonentity.
Did you read ther article?
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cally wrote:

Must read for Gooners.

In much of the article Adams does paint AW in a very kind light, i.e how AW mentored likes of Thruman and how AW was very stern and direct with likes of Adams back in the hey of Arsenal PL title winning years. That Arsenal and AW need people within the club that are able and willing to confront AW on shortcomings of the team and AW.

I do think like Henry, Adams have a lack of self awareness on the coaching issue. TA contends AW should simply inform him if he is not good enough to coach at Arsenal, I think if AW were cruel he could easily tell TA he has been an abject failure at every place he has been involved in the football operations. Idea Adams would be OK with such a blunt approach from AW sounds hollow as in the article it's quite clear whilst Adams was a warrior on the pitch, off the pitch he remains an extremely fragile, sensitive soul, who takes failure extremely hard.

As Adams concedes in the article AW is excellent psychologists, I think AW for years has tried to let TA down subtlety and sadly TA did not take the hint. It's like a mate who wants you to hook them up with a job at your place of business, you love the dude but know he is not built for that field and you're not willing to stake your reputation by pushing forward with an unqualified candidate, even though he's your friend. So you comes with a litany of excuses as to why you were unable to land them the gig.

I think Adams also failed to understand, at some point loyalty is expected, AW has never tossed his players under the bus be they current or ex Gunners. AW reputation as being ultra loyal has been unequivocally established, for Adams to knownigly or unknowingly be used by the Sun in this climate, where the mob is at the proverbial gates with pitchforks and all....to have media plaster all over the world that Arsenal legend TA says "Wenger can't manage his way out of a paper bag", then act aghast AW has recoiled at those comments and cut off ties with TA is extremely naive and goes to show AW doubts over TA ability to cope with responsibility of coaching at Arsenal are very much justified.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Thunder wrote:

Must read for Gooners.

Adams & Petit are just craving entitlements. Don't know what they want Arsene to do. Create a new position for them, or fire those who are there already. They both could learn a thing or two from Pires who's always at the Emirates nurturing the future of the club.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Thunder wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Thunder wrote:

Must read for Gooners.

Adams & Petit are just craving entitlements. Don't know what they want Arsene to do. Create a new position for them, or fire those who are there already. They both could learn a thing or two from Pires who's always at the Emirates nurturing the future of the club.
And Vieira, Henry and Merson as well? So they should learn to be subservient like Pires in order to get a job at Arsenel...sorry Arsenal?

Did you actually read the article?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.google.com/amp/www.goal.com ... ummer-tour

These players no dey rest? Check out our preseason schedule .... first game is in six weeks smh :curse:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:That the club messed up with the Wenger contract situation is an under statement. Although I cannot prove it, I think Wenger was also undermined by one or two at Board level. Rumours of Josh Kroenke and Galzidis are rife and sections of the fans are already on their case.

Gazidis was the one who gave press briefing about the Club wanting a DOF behind Wenger's back. Indeed, a lot of Arsenal people say Galzidis has been briefing against Wenger for a while now.

For me, the fact that Wenger will still not commit has me convinced him remaining is a 50/50 chance. He is not happy and wants changes. If he does not get them, he goes.
Biggest question is why?

Can't fathom the logic of how allowing situation to play out as is was in any way beneficial to anyone at Arsenal.
Arsenal has a problem. They don't have a strong football voice at the board level. They have dinosaurs, a disinterested owner with a somewhat interested son, and Gazidis.
Latest rumour is Arsenal Board will not put any conditions, in an effort to keep their Manager. Wenger in charge of all football matters

There will be some role on football scouting but it is not a DOF and the person works to Wenger.

Wenger will sign a new deal.

Also talk of Ozil and Sanchez signing on looking good but dependent on Wenger staying.

Time will tell.
i hope so. I don't see any other way to make it work with Wenger. We are not currently set-up for a post-Wenger Arsenal. We would someday soon require a DoF like person someday to manage the transition from Wenger and manage the post-wenger era. I wish we had more football people at the board level. Gazidis, by design or experience, seems more like an soccer administrator than an football person. oh well.
Gazidis is indeed a Soccer Administrator. I completely agree with you. Moreover, IMHO he is still the best man for the job. I hope he stays.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Thunder wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Thunder wrote:

Must read for Gooners.

Adams was given a job with the youth team at Arsenal, he dumped it and went to China.

He is lucky, unlike Fergie, Wenger is a very forgiving man.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Cally wrote:

Must read for Gooners.

In much of the article Adams does paint AW in a very kind light, i.e how AW mentored likes of Thruman and how AW was very stern and direct with likes of Adams back in the hey of Arsenal PL title winning years. That Arsenal and AW need people within the club that are able and willing to confront AW on shortcomings of the team and AW.

I do think like Henry, Adams have a lack of self awareness on the coaching issue. TA contends AW should simply inform him if he is not good enough to coach at Arsenal, I think if AW were cruel he could easily tell TA he has been an abject failure at every place he has been involved in the football operations. Idea Adams would be OK with such a blunt approach from AW sounds hollow as in the article it's quite clear whilst Adams was a warrior on the pitch, off the pitch he remains an extremely fragile, sensitive soul, who takes failure extremely hard.

As Adams concedes in the article AW is excellent psychologists, I think AW for years has tried to let TA down subtlety and sadly TA did not take the hint. It's like a mate who wants you to hook them up with a job at your place of business, you love the dude but know he is not built for that field and you're not willing to stake your reputation by pushing forward with an unqualified candidate, even though he's your friend. So you comes with a litany of excuses as to why you were unable to land them the gig.

I think Adams also failed to understand, at some point loyalty is expected, AW has never tossed his players under the bus be they current or ex Gunners. AW reputation as being ultra loyal has been unequivocally established, for Adams to knownigly or unknowingly be used by the Sun in this climate, where the mob is at the proverbial gates with pitchforks and all....to have media plaster all over the world that Arsenal legend TA says "Wenger can't manage his way out of a paper bag", then act aghast AW has recoiled at those comments and cut off ties with TA is extremely naive and goes to show AW doubts over TA ability to cope with responsibility of coaching at Arsenal are very much justified.
I concur with your analysis, and for me, it is really sad to read some of the quotes there.

He also cannot make up his mind. He says he cannot coach in one breath, then next breath, he is a great Coach. The man is just all over the place and I can feel this resentment or anger with Wenger being in the job too long, thus stopping him from Managing Arsenal, which he feels entitled to do.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Bepanda
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bepanda wrote:According to espnfc, Wenger is good to go for 2 more years.
I can't wait for Arsenal Fan TV next year. It will be epic.
I believe next season will be even more depressing than this season.

Bepanda
Arsene Wenger will attend an Arsenal board meeting designed to resolve his future on Tuesday having already agreed the terms of a new two-year contract at the club as long ago as November, sources have told ESPN FC.

Wenger, 67, is out of contract at the end of June and uncertainty continues to hang over his position at the Emirates Stadium following Saturday's FA Cup final victory against Chelsea at Wembley -- a success which secured a record 13th FA Cup for Arsenal and a seventh for Wenger since his arrival as manager in 1996.
ArsenalFanTV! Good lawd! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: