The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Skylolo »

[/video]

Sensible guy.... :clap: :clap: :clap:
To God be the glory
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Skylolo wrote:[/video]

Europa League will be good for the players since it gives them something to play for that they have a good chance of winning. Even more importantly, it will be good for a section of the Arsenal fan base who have grown very arrogant over the years, become entitled and taken Champions League for granted. The fans who say things like "I am not interested in the League Cup" or "The League Cup is not a trophy" or "The FA Cup is a $#% trophy" or "Thursday night football is ....." etc. You could even hear the arrogance of some of the respondents on AFTV talking about going to war torn countries to play Thursday night football. Some of you need to be humbled and maybe this will do it.

I was watching the ecstasy on the faces of the fans of the League One playoff winners at Wembley the other day and could not reconcile that with the attitude of Arsenal fans who feel that they are entitled to more just because they 'lucked' into supporting this club. Sure some pay more to see the team play but majority of Arsenal fans do not pay a dime to see the Arsenal play so why so entitled?
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Arsene Wenger admits uncertainty over his future derailed Arsenal's season

Jeremy Wilson, deputy football correspondent, the emirates
21 MAY 2017 • 8:48PM
Arsène Wenger has admitted for the first time that the uncertainty over his future contributed to Arsenal’s failings this season and told fans to blame him rather than majority owner Stan Kroenke for falling out of the Champions League.

Supporters chanted “Stan Kroenke, we want you to go” during what was an ultimately futile win against Everton but Wenger says that the key mistakes were made elsewhere, with cryptic references to unspecified off-field issues.

“We played since January in a very difficult environment for different reasons,” he said. “Some obviously that you know about, and that is very difficult for the group of players to cope with that. Some other reasons we will talk about another day. But the psychological environment for the group of players was absolutely horrendous. It has been difficult.”

“Certainly my personal situation has contributed to that.”

Of the anti-Kroenke chants, Wenger said: “I respect Stan Kroenke a lot. He is not at fault if we did not reach the Champions League. It is the technical department who are responsible for that. I don’t see what he has to do with that.”

Wenger did not take part in the traditional end-of-season lap of appreciation but said “no, not at all” when asked if he was saying farewell. “The players have been disturbed enough,” he said. “I was out there, to show respect, but I wanted the players to have the quiet lap of honour they deserved. I am very proud of what they have done; the way they responded and finished the season.”

Wenger could not explain why there was still no clarity over his future or when his team had been most impacted.

“We won seven of the last eight games, despite the lack of clarity,” he said. “It’s not the moment to speak about some different things. There’s nothing bad. I protect nobody. My situation will be sorted soon.”

Although fifth is Wenger’s lowest finish, a total of 75 points has actually been bettered by Arsenal only eight times in the previous 25 Premier League seasons. Despite the 18-point gap to Chelsea, Wenger remains adamant that the team are “not far away” from winning the Premier League and that major squad surgery is not necessary.

“They won 23 games,” he said. “And in the unbeaten year they won 26. We lost too many games. That was down to a period where we weren’t stable defensively and unsettled mentally as well by the exit, the way it happened, against Bayern Munich.

There were voices of discontent against manager and owner at the Emirates CREDIT: REUTERS
“This group of players is good enough to come back. They have gone through difficult periods this season and they have bounced back in a very strong way. That will help them absolutely next season but first, I think we have to keep 90 per cent of these players together and find one or two more players who strengthen the group. We don’t need many.”

Wenger has paved the way to continuing for another two years after indicating that he would be prepared to some structural changes. Yesterday he also received backing from his old rival Sir Alex Ferguson.

“There’s no evidence that sacking a manager brings success, but there is evidence that Arsène Wenger, myself and Brian Clough can bring success with long-termism,” said Ferguson. “The ridiculous situation with the sort of pressure that Arsène is under, I wonder, really, do they realise the job that Arsène has done?

“He has come through a forest of criticism for months now and he has never bowed. He has sailed right through. He has shown a determination, a stubbornness. That is a quality.

“I’m not sure they’ll ever get another manager like that. It’s quite easy to say, ‘Yeah, get rid of him’, but who are they going to get who is going to keep that club the way they are, the way they’ve been for the last 20 years?

“I feel sorry for him, because I think he’s shown outstanding qualities in how he’s handled the situation. I don’t know many that could have done that.”

They won 23 games,” he said. “And in the unbeaten year they won 26. We lost too many games. That was down to a period where we weren’t stable

defensively and unsettled mentally as well by the exit, the way it happened, against Bayern Munich.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ls-season/
Last edited by realtrouble on Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

So Kroenke donated money to Donald Trump. Interesting!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 91536.html

He aint better than Usmanov. They are both bathing in the same cesspit of immorality
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

What is the exact plans of Arsenal for Nwakali ? Are they going to give him a chance to compete for a shirt or loan him out again to one obscure team ? The boy may have to demand transfer from that misery and a miserable team. Surely, he made an egregious mistake signing with them the first place . The earlier he moves far away the better for him.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

bully12 wrote:What is the exact plans of Arsenal for Nwakali ? Are they going to give him a chance to compete for a shirt or loan him out again to one obscure team ? The boy may have to demand transfer from that misery and a miserable team. Surely, he made an egregious mistake signing with them the first place . The earlier he moves far away the better for him.
Had a teen-ager like Mikel gone to Arsenal, it would've been better for his career because Wenger would've inserted him straight into the first team. Chelsea would never give a teen-ager a chance and he'd rot in reserves or head out to endless loans. No way Mikel lasts ten years at Chelsea with the array of world class midfielders he'd compete against.

Regards,
Waffiman :bump:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Jokes aside, whatever you do, una better not spoil a gem like kelechi. Bunch of losers. :taunt:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

realtrouble wrote:
Arsene Wenger admits uncertainty over his future derailed Arsenal's season

Jeremy Wilson, deputy football correspondent, the emirates
21 MAY 2017 • 8:48PM
Arsène Wenger has admitted for the first time that the uncertainty over his future contributed to Arsenal’s failings this season and told fans to blame him rather than majority owner Stan Kroenke for falling out of the Champions League.

Supporters chanted “Stan Kroenke, we want you to go” during what was an ultimately futile win against Everton but Wenger says that the key mistakes were made elsewhere, with cryptic references to unspecified off-field issues.

“We played since January in a very difficult environment for different reasons,” he said. “Some obviously that you know about, and that is very difficult for the group of players to cope with that. Some other reasons we will talk about another day. But the psychological environment for the group of players was absolutely horrendous. It has been difficult.”

“Certainly my personal situation has contributed to that.”

Of the anti-Kroenke chants, Wenger said: “I respect Stan Kroenke a lot. He is not at fault if we did not reach the Champions League. It is the technical department who are responsible for that. I don’t see what he has to do with that.”

Wenger did not take part in the traditional end-of-season lap of appreciation but said “no, not at all” when asked if he was saying farewell. “The players have been disturbed enough,” he said. “I was out there, to show respect, but I wanted the players to have the quiet lap of honour they deserved. I am very proud of what they have done; the way they responded and finished the season.”

Wenger could not explain why there was still no clarity over his future or when his team had been most impacted.

“We won seven of the last eight games, despite the lack of clarity,” he said. “It’s not the moment to speak about some different things. There’s nothing bad. I protect nobody. My situation will be sorted soon.”

Although fifth is Wenger’s lowest finish, a total of 75 points has actually been bettered by Arsenal only eight times in the previous 25 Premier League seasons. Despite the 18-point gap to Chelsea, Wenger remains adamant that the team are “not far away” from winning the Premier League and that major squad surgery is not necessary.

“They won 23 games,” he said. “And in the unbeaten year they won 26. We lost too many games. That was down to a period where we weren’t stable defensively and unsettled mentally as well by the exit, the way it happened, against Bayern Munich.

There were voices of discontent against manager and owner at the Emirates CREDIT: REUTERS
“This group of players is good enough to come back. They have gone through difficult periods this season and they have bounced back in a very strong way. That will help them absolutely next season but first, I think we have to keep 90 per cent of these players together and find one or two more players who strengthen the group. We don’t need many.”

Wenger has paved the way to continuing for another two years after indicating that he would be prepared to some structural changes. Yesterday he also received backing from his old rival Sir Alex Ferguson.

“There’s no evidence that sacking a manager brings success, but there is evidence that Arsène Wenger, myself and Brian Clough can bring success with long-termism,” said Ferguson. “The ridiculous situation with the sort of pressure that Arsène is under, I wonder, really, do they realise the job that Arsène has done?

“He has come through a forest of criticism for months now and he has never bowed. He has sailed right through. He has shown a determination, a stubbornness. That is a quality.

“I’m not sure they’ll ever get another manager like that. It’s quite easy to say, ‘Yeah, get rid of him’, but who are they going to get who is going to keep that club the way they are, the way they’ve been for the last 20 years?

“I feel sorry for him, because I think he’s shown outstanding qualities in how he’s handled the situation. I don’t know many that could have done that.”

They won 23 games,” he said. “And in the unbeaten year they won 26. We lost too many games. That was down to a period where we weren’t stable

defensively and unsettled mentally as well by the exit, the way it happened, against Bayern Munich.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ls-season/
Did were not keep saying for months that the uncertainty isn't good for the team? The dude should just shut up and go. He acts like he had a right to do whatever he wants at/to Arsenal. Shameless, selfish punk.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Stat: Arsenal have finished the season outside of the top four for the first time since the 1995-96 campaign, when they finished fifth under Bruce Rioch.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

The man is a shameless liar,his personal life style even look suspect how he straight up lie and think people are fools.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Nkume wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
bepanda wrote:Arsenal TV is on. Why do I always agree with D.T. ?
[/video]
Because you know nothing of football.
........and you know even less to nothing
... and you know even less than less.
little pikin.......go and play in the sand box......
you wengerbabes are always throwing insults and accusations around...so arsene did not qualify for UCL, big deal.....no need to catch feelins'
"go and support chelski, go and support spuds, go and support manure"
@ least he won't be the 2nd round reuseable Cape Town brothel condom next season.......I thought you would be @ least happy about that :roll:
....now run along.......lickle bwoy :arrow: :arrow:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Like I said earlier on at the beginning of the season Usmanov ain't playin'
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: This summer is going to be hot
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gooner1 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
[/video]
you wengerbabes are always throwing insults and accusations around...so arsene did not qualify for UCL, big deal.....no need to catch feelins'
@ least he won't be the 2nd round reuseable Cape Town brothel condom next season.......I thought you would be @ least happy about that :roll:
:D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gooner1 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
[/video]
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap:
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

slyk wrote:

Europa League will be good for the players since it gives them something to play for that they have a good chance of winning. Even more importantly, it will be good for a section of the Arsenal fan base who have grown very arrogant over the years, become entitled and taken Champions League for granted. The fans who say things like "I am not interested in the League Cup" or "The League Cup is not a trophy" or "The FA Cup is a $#% trophy" or "Thursday night football is ....." etc. You could even hear the arrogance of some of the respondents on AFTV talking about going to war torn countries to play Thursday night football. Some of you need to be humbled and maybe this will do it.

I was watching the ecstasy on the faces of the fans of the League One playoff winners at Wembley the other day and could not reconcile that with the attitude of Arsenal fans who feel that they are entitled to more just because they 'lucked' into supporting this club. Sure some pay more to see the team play but majority of Arsenal fans do not pay a dime to see the Arsenal play so why so entitled?
are you really an arsenal fan?
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
bully12 wrote:What is the exact plans of Arsenal for Nwakali ? Are they going to give him a chance to compete for a shirt or loan him out again to one obscure team ? The boy may have to demand transfer from that misery and a miserable team. Surely, he made an egregious mistake signing with them the first place . The earlier he moves far away the better for him.
Had a teen-ager like Mikel gone to Arsenal, it would've been better for his career because Wenger would've inserted him straight into the first team. Chelsea would never give a teen-ager a chance and he'd rot in reserves or head out to endless loans. No way Mikel lasts ten years at Chelsea with the array of world class midfielders he'd compete against.

Regards,
Waffiman :bump:

This is why I have always hated you! You disgust me! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

kelechi is a young player and the same way Arsenal has promoted Iwobi, so will Arsenal promote Kelechi.

Young Nigerians always do well at Arsenal. Kanu, Iwobi, Akpom, Nkocielni, Guguru, Mbelerin. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

How many Nigerians have Chelsea promoted? Chelsea is just a check book club! We Gunners who have visited Stamford Bridge know that there is no history or passion at that club.

I hate you! And you ca go where the sun dont shine :curse: :curse:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

It is clear to me now that Wenger was Sabotaged this season. The board is useless.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

amafolas wrote:
slyk wrote:

are you really an arsenal fan?
good question....he is talking about entitled fake fans like us wey no dey go Emirates every week... Why can't we just be happy with participation Trophy?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

If you need to understand Kroenke, check out who his wife is (Ann Walton) and check out her politics ...
The Walton Family. Check out how Walmart treats their business/employees. Ann is worth $6.5B. Kroenke is worth $7.5B.
These people are ruthless billionaires. They are only about making money, nothing else. They fire people who ask to be paid more than minimum wage.
Bepanda
bk-one wrote:So Kroenke donated money to Donald Trump. Interesting!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 91536.html

He aint better than Usmanov. They are both bathing in the same cesspit of immorality
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Nkume wrote:It is clear to me now that Wenger was Sabotaged this season. The board is useless.
No mind dem Nkume, the useless board sabotaged this Arsenal season with £90 million worth of players that took Arsenal from second to fifth. :???: :???: :???:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We can only hope that Kroenke sells his shares.He is a bad owner from a fan perspective.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:We can only hope that Kroenke sells his shares.He is a bad owner from a fan perspective.

And you are a bad fan, from an owner's perspective :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?