The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Coach »

Lyon dangling their endowment and letting no Champions League Beloved know, no skimping on the pounds. Sterling. Raheem Sterling.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't want Lacazete or cassette player at that price
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ohenhen1 wrote:I don't want Lacazete or cassette player at that price
Like what you want matters in the scheme of things...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

anikulapo wrote:This club is not serious ..:: first preseason game is in three weeks smh .... as they say ..

"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail...
nobody has really bought anybody this window
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Molue Conductor wrote:
anikulapo wrote:This club is not serious ..:: first preseason game is in three weeks smh .... as they say ..

Ahhhh perfect way to see the world when your fan base is on the verge of revolt, your best player is rumored every day to be leaving and you finished with your worst league place in the last 20 years ....Yep you're right nothing to worry about no one has really bought anyone in this window :rotf:
Last edited by anikulapo on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

anikulapo wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:

Ahhhh perfect way to see the world when your fan base is on the verge of revolt, your best player is rumored every day to be leaving and you finished with your worst league place in the last 20 years ....Yep you're right nothing to worry about no me has really bought anyone in this window :rotf:
Where did I say "nothing to worry about"?
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Molue Conductor wrote:

Bernadro Silva, Lindelof, Salah???
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:I cannot and will not be a manager or sporting director. At today's prices, I will not buy any player. I play the youth rather than pay silly money.
Understandable if you are coaching a League one team. No excuse when you are a top 10 revenue club reaping the rewards of record TV revenues and a manager collecting close to 10 mil a year
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Lawd have mercy. The negativity in this place is just boring and tedious.

Many here have written the club off and boy they are miserable. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They were edgy over our transfer dealings, and wrote us off long before the summer, just like they did before the Cup final. So why should anyone bother with the defeated? I'm not, except to ridicule and ignore them.

Wenger could have stuck with Nacho and Gibbs easily, but he wants more. Getting Kolasinac is manifest. But I come here and you think someone just died.

Like Wenger said, we need just 2-3 new players, and that's dependent upon outgoings. I'm pretty sure we will get the required bodies in.
With all due respect Waffi, this is hogwash. You are making it sound like Wenger splashed for a game changing LB like Mendy or Alex Sandro or Marcelo. Kolisanic is an opportunistic free transfer that is a marginal improvement over our current players at best. Makes complete financial sense and little risk so I completely understand the move but don't make it seem like Wenger took a major gamble here
With all due respect, you talking like a 9 year old. Like they say, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one.

You negative and miserable lot always know better than those who run the club yet you lot have no record of managing a pub team let alone a proper football team.

We just got a player who was voted by Bundesliga fans as the best LB in their league with over 80% of the votes for free yet he mentions Sandro and Mendy.

What do these fans know? What do the professionals at Arsenal know when compare to a 9 yr old sage like you?

Each to his own. I suppose.
46% of the vote...not over 80%...no need to pull a Trump. Anyways I stand by my comment...he is a decent player on a free transfer. Marginal improvement over Monreal/Gibbs...certainly no game changer
Btw, how did the last Bundesliga LB of the year to move to the EPL work out for Chelsea?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

If someone believes they can pay him that ... then what's the problem?
At my previous job, I told my boss that my value was XYZ ... he said he disagreed. 2 weeks later, I was out the door.
Someone agreed to pay me that ... and more.
Arsenal leadership believe people are dumb.
Arsenal is run by people who own (or are related to) Walmart in America. That's enough for me to know.
Bepanda
zoldsasok wrote:
bepanda wrote:Over inflated? I don't know what it means. Have you seen the TV Deals?
Teams have lots of money in the bank from TV deals, who should get the money? Average coaches? Owners? Doctors?
Pure garbage ... this is the free market. If you can't pay, stay on the sidelines ... and let others pay ball.
Bepanda
So you go gree pay Ozil 300K a week lol
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Wenger set for Giroud talks and spend club record fee on Lacazette
Football Gossip
A double transfer story from the Evening Standard.
Arsene Wenger is set for showdown talks with France forward Olivier Giroud, 30, over his future as Arsenal seek to complete a club-record deal for Lyon's France striker Alexandre Lacazette, 26.

I just hope Wenger don't sell giroud because of this Lacazette,i will prefer Welbeck leave first than Giroud who is more reliable,always fit.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Any news from Campbell ?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:

Ahhhh perfect way to see the world when your fan base is on the verge of revolt, your best player is rumored every day to be leaving and you finished with your worst league place in the last 20 years ....Yep you're right nothing to worry about no one has really bought anyone in this window :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Molue Conductor wrote:

You sign players based on your needs.City needed a goalkeeper and somebody to reduce Silva's workload and they have gone ahead and did that. United needed a central defender and they have signed Lindelöf, same thing for Bayern with Tolisso (replacement for Alonso).Based on Arsenal's position last season we could/should assume that they are in a precarious situation than the above mentioned but they seem to be dragging their feet as if everything is all kosher. We should not forget that they still have to deal with Ozil and Sanchez before all the other stuff.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bk-one wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:

You sign players based on your needs.City needed a goalkeeper and somebody to reduce Silva's workload and they have gone ahead and did that. United needed a central defender and they have signed Lindelöf, same thing for Bayern with Tolisso (replacement for Alonso).Based on Arsenal's position last season we could/should assume that they are in a precarious situation than the above mentioned but they seem to be dragging their feet as if everything is all kosher. We should not forget that they still have to deal with Ozil and Sanchez before all the other stuff.

we won the FA cup...it's all kosher!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I cannot and will not be a manager or sporting director. At today's prices, I will not buy any player. I play the youth rather than pay silly money.
Understandable if you are coaching a League one team. No excuse when you are a top 10 revenue club reaping the rewards of record TV revenues and a manager collecting close to 10 mil a year

this is the point! :agree:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Crazy nutters pushing a swap deal of Aguero for Alexis ... smh :curse: :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Coach wrote:^Unfortunately there are those who win a league with lesser players and others who squander better. The game needed a cap on transfer fees and wages a long time ago, it never came, now, madness reigns. Sadly, the antithesis was a fantastic failure, Bendtner, Szczesznyzzz, Denilson, Djorou etc, these guys were supposed to be our Ajax by now. Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Oxlade, Frimpong, sadly when the school's are failing, there's little choice but to find the end product in the market place. Crazy can be avoided, but mad is inevitable.
KPOM!! As long as Football continues to make a lot of money, Forget it!!

Abi? So if Waffi is saying as a manager, he won't spend 'crazy' money on players, he should come and tell us where all the "crazy money" coming in should go. So football makes money, Wenger gets pain >8 million, then you elect to field the likes of Djorou, Frimpong Gibbs, etc against Tottenham's Wanyama, Dembele, Erikson, etc? And this is the same Arsenal with scouts in France that consistently fail to spot talent?
Wenger was on less than £8m then. It was £6m, then £7m. He was grossly underpaid. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Wenger gave us CL football with players like Djourou. He deserves to earn more for that alone.

Oh! I know you like to mention the few who never made it, but for every Djourou, there has been Vieira, Henry, Anelka, Flamini, Wilford, Petit, Grimaldi, Cesc, Adebayor, RvP, etc etc. You get the drift. :taunt: :taunt:

Wenger's genius in spotting and developing talent has been one of the mainstays on which Arsenal's successes have been built on, not buy spending silly money. This is an undisputed fact that holds till the present. You talk of Dembele, Ericsson and Wanyama, Wenger bought Vieira, Toure, Anelka, and Fabregas for less than £5m total. Just look at what they won. But why let the facts get in the way of the negativity. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

That French league and scouts you try to belittle have given us some of the great talents at Arsenal and they still do, at present we have Kos, Coq and young Rene Adelaide in our current squad. So much for failing to spot talent eh! :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh! When you have time, look at the youth team, there are a few there too.

But you expose yourself by bringing in Spuds. Indeed, it is a desperate call, so I must give you a canning for this glorious faux pas. :woot:

So let's deal in facts: Spuds have spent more money than Arsenal in the 10 years they have won no trophies. But you bang on about this current great players of theirs who are so good they have won nothing. The Arsenal players are so bad, they have won 2 FA Cups in the time this Spuds team came to prominence. Indeed, I recall watching Arsenal beat them on the way to winning one of the FA Cups

Spuds have now gone longer without a trophy than Arsenal ever did in the infamous 2005-2014 period. But those Arsenal fans here who kept on about it, now have the gall to rabbit on about Spuds who have won far more trophies and finished above Arsenal consistently in the same period. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Current top 5 have all finished out of the top 4 in the last 7 seasons. But if Arsenal do for the first time in 21 years, Spuds have greater players and Arsenal are rubbish. Well according to you with your Erickson, Wanyama and Dembele. :bored: :dream:

Pochettino is the only manager in the world who has won fark all trophies and is considered a top manager, even better than Wenger by some demented dumbos here. I know say you never reach that level, but at the rate, I need to start saying prayers for you. :( :mad: :sad:

But when I see you and your brothers in negativity go on here about Spuds and these great players of theirs, you think they have not only won the league, they have indeed won it unbeaten at the Emirates. To show how fickle you lot are, I find it laughable you levelling the Spuds at Wenger. He has given us two decades of dominance over them, yet you whine and cry like a salah goat cos of one season. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Finally, just a friendly reminder that Pochettino has never won a major trophy in his managerial career. :wink: :sneaky:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:
So says the sage, who believes spending money stupidly is the only way to success. So the fact that you are a top ten revenue club means you should waste the money irrespective of your expenses. The problem with you and your ilk is, you all know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Arsenal unfortunately have to pay over the odds, but I trust Wenger to pay over the odds for the right player. Wenger himself said, he will pay £100m for a player if he in his judgement felt it was value for the club.

Think about that.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Coach wrote:^Unfortunately there are those who win a league with lesser players and others who squander better. The game needed a cap on transfer fees and wages a long time ago, it never came, now, madness reigns. Sadly, the antithesis was a fantastic failure, Bendtner, Szczesznyzzz, Denilson, Djorou etc, these guys were supposed to be our Ajax by now. Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Oxlade, Frimpong, sadly when the school's are failing, there's little choice but to find the end product in the market place. Crazy can be avoided, but mad is inevitable.

Abi? So if Waffi is saying as a manager, he won't spend 'crazy' money on players, he should come and tell us where all the "crazy money" coming in should go. So football makes money, Wenger gets pain >8 million, then you elect to field the likes of Djorou, Frimpong Gibbs, etc against Tottenham's Wanyama, Dembele, Erikson, etc? And this is the same Arsenal with scouts in France that consistently fail to spot talent?
Wenger was on less than £8m then. It was £6m, then £7m. He was grossly underpaid. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Wenger gave us CL football with players like Djourou. He deserves to earn more for that alone.

Oh! I know you like to mention the few who never made it, but for every Djourou, there has been Vieira, Henry, Anelka, Flamini, Wilford, Petit, Grimaldi, Cesc, Adebayor, RvP, etc etc. You get the drift. :taunt: :taunt:

Wenger's genius in spotting and developing talent has been one of the mainstays on which Arsenal's successes have been built on, not buy spending silly money. This is an undisputed fact that holds till the present. You talk of Dembele, Ericsson and Wanyama, Wenger bought Vieira, Toure, Anelka, and Fabregas for less than £5m total. Just look at what they won. But why let the facts get in the way of the negativity. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

That French league and scouts you try to belittle have given us some of the great talents at Arsenal and they still do, at present we have Kos, Coq and young Rene Adelaide in our current squad. So much for failing to spot talent eh! :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh! When you have time, look at the youth team, there are a few there too.

But you expose yourself by bringing in Spuds. Indeed, it is a desperate call, so I must give you a canning for this glorious faux pas. :woot:

So let's deal in facts: Spuds have spent more money than Arsenal in the 10 years they have won no trophies. But you bang on about this current great players of theirs who are so good they have won nothing. The Arsenal players are so bad, they have won 2 FA Cups in the time this Spuds team came to prominence. Indeed, I recall watching Arsenal beat them on the way to winning one of the FA Cups

Spuds have now gone longer without a trophy than Arsenal ever did in the infamous 2005-2014 period. But those Arsenal fans here who kept on about it, now have the gall to rabbit on about Spuds who have won far more trophies and finished above Arsenal consistently in the same period. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Current top 5 have all finished out of the top 4 in the last 7 seasons. But if Arsenal do for the first time in 21 years, Spuds have greater players and Arsenal are rubbish. Well according to you with your Erickson, Wanyama and Dembele. :bored: :dream:

Pochettino is the only manager in the world who has won fark all trophies and is considered a top manager, even better than Wenger by some demented dumbos here. I know say you never reach that level, but at the rate, I need to start saying prayers for you. :( :mad: :sad:

But when I see you and your brothers in negativity go on here about Spuds and these great players of theirs, you think they have not only won the league, they have indeed won it unbeaten at the Emirates. To show how fickle you lot are, I find it laughable you levelling the Spuds at Wenger. He has given us two decades of dominance over them, yet you whine and cry like a salah goat cos of one season. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Finally, just a friendly reminder that Pochettino has never won a major trophy in his managerial career. :wink: :sneaky:
Ok, you don win. Make tuna no spend money na. You, Wenger and Kroenke should keep sharing the money.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Lawd have mercy. The negativity in this place is just boring and tedious.

Many here have written the club off and boy they are miserable. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They were edgy over our transfer dealings, and wrote us off long before the summer, just like they did before the Cup final. So why should anyone bother with the defeated? I'm not, except to ridicule and ignore them.

Wenger could have stuck with Nacho and Gibbs easily, but he wants more. Getting Kolasinac is manifest. But I come here and you think someone just died.

Like Wenger said, we need just 2-3 new players, and that's dependent upon outgoings. I'm pretty sure we will get the required bodies in.
With all due respect Waffi, this is hogwash. You are making it sound like Wenger splashed for a game changing LB like Mendy or Alex Sandro or Marcelo. Kolisanic is an opportunistic free transfer that is a marginal improvement over our current players at best. Makes complete financial sense and little risk so I completely understand the move but don't make it seem like Wenger took a major gamble here
With all due respect, you talking like a 9 year old. Like they say, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one.

You negative and miserable lot always know better than those who run the club yet you lot have no record of managing a pub team let alone a proper football team.

We just got a player who was voted by Bundesliga fans as the best LB in their league with over 80% of the votes for free yet he mentions Sandro and Mendy.

What do these fans know? What do the professionals at Arsenal know when compare to a 9 yr old sage like you?

Each to his own. I suppose.
46% of the vote...not over 80%...no need to pull a Trump. Anyways I stand by my comment...he is a decent player on a free transfer. Marginal improvement over Monreal/Gibbs...certainly no game changer
Btw, how did the last Bundesliga LB of the year to move to the EPL work out for Chelsea?
You changed your tune. I did not even make out the player was a major buy, cos he certainly is not as a free transfer. I don't buy into names, not all will cut it in the EPL, when you come to this league and do it, then I take a different view. I don't care how much you cost. How much did Bellerin cost Arsenal? I'm not impressed by such garbage, this is not Football Manager or FIFA.

But I know this, from the moment, I knew Arsenal were in for him in August last year, I watched every game he played. The game against Bayern at the Alliance stood out for me. I have never seen a player dominate Robben like he did. Against Dortmund in Oct last year, I was also impressed with how he handled Pulisic and Piszczek. The game at Shalke he was injured.

But Kolasinac did not cost £50m, so he is no good. That's your mentality. Well! Each to their own.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ojafranpa wrote:beIN's @PhilSchoen: "I thought Mbappé to #AFC was impossible. Now, IMHO it just might happen. Thomas Lemar, as well."
Thanks for confirmation what I have been saying about Bein Sport. BTW! They said Arsenal put in the world record bid for the player - beating Real Madrid's offer.

But other rumours now claim, the kid will stay at Monaco.
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

FACTS ONLY. Kai Chief O damn this gotta hurt.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I