The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Club is a mess top to bottom, everyone single entity be it the Kronke, board, Gazidis and AW all about self preservation.

It's clear toxicity behind the scenes has been building for some time, it's clear there is very little legit communication from Kronke to board, from board to Wenger, between Wenger and Gazidis. All powers that be at Arsenal have been playing a passive aggressive game of thrones for months on end and it's crippled this club.

This idea a little more fan support or few more transfers would have cured the shambles that is at the very top of the Arsenal powers brokers is beyond ignorant. This fall has been a long time coming.
How do you know this? Do you work there?

Over a period of the season there were issues, which cost us. Prior to that and after, we showed form that suggest your analysis is BS. No need to exaggerate, we have had a poor season, but we finished 75 points, more than last season and more than enough for our minimum objective for the past 10 seasons. Given the above, are things as bad as you claim? Certainly not. The key now is the next move by the club.

Normally, by this time I have ST renewals, none of us have had it it. Stock exchange rules are clear, if there is a potential for a significant change, the club cannot send out renewals until this change is know to its members. What is this change?

I know many of you here just blab on without having a clue. Read what I wrote above and think about it. The next 2 to 3 weeks are huge for Arsenal.

Oh! We waited for the anti-Wenger protest from the fans at the Emirates all season, it never arrived. But we got a large (not the vast majority but enough) anti Kroenke and even some anti Gazidis protests. Meanwhile the fans did not protest against Wenger;. At the Emirates, they know the man takes the bullet for the Board and they cannot give him a hard time. But the times, they are a changing.
Don't you ever get tired of being Wrong...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40069681
Arsene Wenger: Arsenal manager describes criticism as 'a disgrace'
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger described the criticism he has had this season as "a disgrace" he will "never forget".

The Frenchman, 67, has faced fierce protests from fans calling for him to leave the club he has led since 1996.

"I don't mind criticism because we are in a public job," he told BBC Sport's Football Focus before Saturday's FA Cup final against Chelsea at Wembley.

"I believe there's a difference between being criticised and being treated in a way that human beings don't deserve."

He added: "The lack of respect from some has been a disgrace and I will never accept that. I will never forget it.

"The behaviour of some people during the season, that is what hurts me most. It's not my person that is hurt but the impeccable image of the club around the world. That kind of behaviour does not reflect what Arsenal is.

"A strong club is a club that makes a decision. It is wrong that in modern society it is not a question of whether a decision is right but whether it is popular. That has nothing to do with competence. People with responsibility have to make the right decision."
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hope Mert will have his one and only best game today.Playing his first start
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

As one who has called AW's tactical performance this season inept - gotta call the FA cup final as is - it was a tactical masterclass by AW & his staff, we had intensity, played for pride & the shirt.
Hope Ozil & Alexis stay - as for the Blues, see ya @Community Shield!!!!!!
Gooners you gat me 2day!!!! Killed it on the big stage!!!
For da gooner-haters - y'all know we 'bout to be real noisy - sort your ear drums out!! We bringing it.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

17 Trophies in 21 years..despite giving years away to build a Stadium.

Thank you AW, Some of us will forever LOVE YOU!
To God be the glory
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

March 2017,
slyk wrote:
Coach wrote:^When Arsene Ikenga returns, grinning wider than the Cheshire cat, FA Cup under the arm, the gnostics will bogle beneath the golden calf. It is what it is. One must marvel at how a whole tribe was hoodwinked by one man.
Will not happen. This cup run will end against City at Wembley. We all know this.
:bump:
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Club is a mess top to bottom, everyone single entity be it the Kronke, board, Gazidis and AW all about self preservation.

It's clear toxicity behind the scenes has been building for some time, it's clear there is very little legit communication from Kronke to board, from board to Wenger, between Wenger and Gazidis. All powers that be at Arsenal have been playing a passive aggressive game of thrones for months on end and it's crippled this club.

This idea a little more fan support or few more transfers would have cured the shambles that is at the very top of the Arsenal powers brokers is beyond ignorant. This fall has been a long time coming.

Over a period of the season there were issues, which cost us. Prior to that and after, we showed form that suggest your analysis is BS. No need to exaggerate, we have had a poor season, but we finished 75 points, more than last season and more than enough for our minimum objective for the past 10 seasons. Given the above, are things as bad as you claim? Certainly not. The key now is the next move by the club.

Normally, by this time I have ST renewals, none of us have had it it. Stock exchange rules are clear, if there is a potential for a significant change, the club cannot send out renewals until this change is know to its members. What is this change?

I know many of you here just blab on without having a clue. Read what I wrote above and think about it. The next 2 to 3 weeks are huge for Arsenal.

Oh! We waited for the anti-Wenger protest from the fans at the Emirates all season, it never arrived. But we got a large (not the vast majority but enough) anti Kroenke and even some anti Gazidis protests. Meanwhile the fans did not protest against Wenger;. At the Emirates, they know the man takes the bullet for the Board and they cannot give him a hard time. But the times, they are a changing.
Don't you ever get tired of being Wrong...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger described the criticism he has had this season as "a disgrace" he will "never forget".

The Frenchman, 67, has faced fierce protests from fans calling for him to leave the club he has led since 1996.

"I don't mind criticism because we are in a public job," he told BBC Sport's Football Focus before Saturday's FA Cup final against Chelsea at Wembley.

"I believe there's a difference between being criticised and being treated in a way that human beings don't deserve."

He added: "The lack of respect from some has been a disgrace and I will never accept that. I will never forget it.

"The behaviour of some people during the season, that is what hurts me most. It's not my person that is hurt but the impeccable image of the club around the world. That kind of behaviour does not reflect what Arsenal is.

"A strong club is a club that makes a decision. It is wrong that in modern society it is not a question of whether a decision is right but whether it is popular. That has nothing to do with competence. People with responsibility have to make the right decision."
wha??? waffi wrong?????........u must be mistaken :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Gooner nation

-----------------------------------------

Aaron Ramsey covered 14.4km today, a new record for a player in an FA Cup final. [@AFCStat] #afc

Kid showed up - very trying heat for that energy - about time too - should score way more goals.
Last edited by tolahs on Sun May 28, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

What criticism? Did I not mention that tiny minority insulting the man, which is unlike the majority of 'Wenger Outers' here who insult him all the time.

So sorry Arsenal put on a brilliant performance and won. I know it is not what you 'Wenger Outers' wanted, but life can be a biatcchhh!!! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Are you serious or getting desperate? This post has me seriously wondering if someone has stolen your handle.

Lawd have mercy.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

wha??? waffi wrong?????........u must be mistaken :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I do not know what is wrong with you 'Wenger Out' lot. Wenger might still decide to go, so all is not lost for you,even if you did not get the performance and result you lot wanted. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Go have a read of my posts here. I talked about the minority fans at the Emirates and their chants about Wenger getting cancer.

I talked about the chants of the tiny minority wanting his daughter raped. Etc. Etc. One or two of you 'Wenger Outers' here even justified it. Just like the one who claimed Ramsey deserved to have his leg broken. I wonder what that he was doing when Ramsey scored the winner.

Also there is a lowlife scum here who has no respect or soul to his life, he kept on referring to Wenger's marriage, and his personal life. I ignored him, but my contempt for this scum knows no bounds. For your info, you dirty lowlife scum, if you knew where the Emirates and Wembley were, you would have spotted Wenger's wife and daughter all season. I once saw Wenger's wife with her wedding ring when I got invited to the Diamond Club for a game this season.

I talked about how these minority fans actually ensured the vast majority did not protest because they were revolted by these fans and of course, the respect they had for the Manager.

I do not do social media like you mongs, that think social media is a reflection of fans who pay their money and go to games. When you guys pay your money and go to games, then you can come here and give an analysis of what happened at the stadium. Until then, you lot can rely on your social media world. I don't, I deal in reality as it happens on ground, if you don't like it, go jump off a farkin cliff.

Oh! BTW! The Arsenal fans did not chant 'OneArseneWenger' today. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I have drank my fair share of fine champange esp after that final whistle, and I am full of balls. You lot should not fark with me.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:Gooner nation

-----------------------------------------

Aaron Ramsey covered 14.4km today, a new record for a player in an FA Cup final. [@AFCStat] #afc

Kid showed - very trying heat for that energy - about time too - should score way more goals.
Take that in.

A fit Ramsey covers the most ground at the highest average speed per km in football. He also puts in the most physical sapping efforts in his kms, like the most offensive and defensive sprints, the most duels, most twists, turns etc etc.

There was a time I gave up on him after a long series of below par physical performances. I feared he was finished cos of too many injuries. But he is fit and confident again. He has benefited the most from the change of system/formation.

I actually now believe his physical effort is not sustainable all season and Arsenal must now manage him better.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

2am! Still partying. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:2am! Still partying. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I am sure you are looking at your stocks :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

What criticism? Did I not mention that tiny minority insulting the man, which is unlike the majority of 'Wenger Outers' here who insult him all the time.

So sorry Arsenal put on a brilliant performance and won. I know it is not what you 'Wenger Outers' wanted, but life can be a biatcchhh!!! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Are you serious or getting desperate? This post has me seriously wondering if someone has stolen your handle.

Lawd have mercy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Point of my original post is clear, powers that be from Kronke, board, Gazidis , AW were at logger heads..AW interview is definition of case closed in that regard.
Detective Bunk Moreland

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

:clap: :clap: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

The big OG still manages 16 goals this year, and 12 in the league. Behind ONLY Alexis, despite limited minutes. OG has been a truly great player for Arsenal.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nkume wrote:The big OG still manages 16 goals this year, and 12 in the league. Behind ONLY Alexis, despite limited minutes. OG has been a truly great player for Arsenal.

do you know the meaning of great?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Nkume wrote:The big OG still manages 16 goals this year, and 12 in the league. Behind ONLY Alexis, despite limited minutes. OG has been a truly great player for Arsenal.

3 FA cups, telling contribution in each, double figures in 5 EPL seasons. He is NOT every ones cup of tea, but he is a great player and a great servant of Arsenal.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Lawd have mercy.

Point of my original post is clear, powers that be from Kronke, board, Gazidis , AW were at logger heads..AW interview is definition of case closed in that regard.
Look, there is talk about this. But it is speculation. I do not want to get drawn into these rumours. I have not said you are wrong or right on this. I have just maintained it is all speculation and we must be careful.

For me, Wenger's contract, Ozil and Sanchez contracts, plus the players unrest that IMHO had a part to do with the contracts situation, all played a huge part in our collapse in those crucial 10 games.

Do you know Arsenal had the most points after 19 games, the most since the 'invincibles' season, then got 24 points from 9 games after the Crystal Palace game. Who would have thought it? So what happened from that run beginning at the Watford game? Another 6 wins from those 10 games, we are very close. Not saying we would have beaten Chelski, they were just too good this season.

For me, it shows we are not as far off as many claim. We need another minimum 2 top class players and we must keep all our best players.

Word in the grapevine is Wenger has 2 major offers from big clubs and the Board knows about it. But I speculate that, Wenger has demands which have not been met, and he could be, he feels let down by certain elements in his Board.

For me, Wenger walking out is still a real possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Believe me if you ever saw him play then you would understand why he doesn't :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Lawd have mercy.

Look, there is talk about this. But it is speculation. I do not want to get drawn into these rumours. I have not said you are wrong or right on this. I have just maintained it is all speculation and we must be careful.

For me, Wenger's contract, Ozil and Sanchez contracts, plus the players unrest that IMHO had a part to do with the contracts situation, all played a huge part in our collapse in those crucial 10 games.

Do you know Arsenal had the most points after 19 games, the most since the 'invincibles' season, then got 24 points from 9 games after the Crystal Palace game. Who would have thought it? So what happened from that run beginning at the Watford game? Another 6 wins from those 10 games, we are very close. Not saying we would have beaten Chelski, they were just too good this season.

For me, it shows we are not as far off as many claim. We need another minimum 2 top class players and we must keep all our best players.

Word in the grapevine is Wenger has 2 major offers from big clubs and the Board knows about it. But I speculate that, Wenger has demands which have not been met, and he could be, he feels let down by certain elements in his Board.

Thank you Waffi. The board needs to back Wenger. End of story.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Lawd have mercy.

Waffi as we discussed some time ago it was unbecoming of Arsenal FC to allow AW to head into this season with a lame duck contract. As we discussed some time ago, AW should have been handed a further 1 year extension after last season in order to avoid the type of drama that ensued on and off the pitch this season.

The club frankly needs to get a hold of itself and act in a professional manner. AW has a point, you don't leave a man who has for years on end shielded this board, Gazidis and Kroenke for majority of criticisms from press, colleagues and supporters alike. Recall successive PR summer disasters of 2011 and 2012 when Cesc, Nasri and RVP were sold, it was AW that shouldered the blame, not the Kronkes, not Gazidis and sure as hell not chip bloody Keswick.

Really can't fathom why the board, Josh frigging Kroenke and Gazidis think it was wise to do AW dirty in such public and embarrassing fashion.

AW has a point....
"That kind of behaviour does not reflect what Arsenal is"

No secret for some time I felt it best for both AW and Arsenal to part ways but the professional way to proceed was to have AW tied down to a contract that ended in May of 2018 but hand both parties an option to walk away amicably if either were unhappy with results on or off the pitch in May of 2017.

Not a single entity at Arsenal can explain how AW lame duck status benefited Arsenal FC in any way, shape or form.

It's was buggled from top on down, and the shame of it is that this situation was entirely avoidable.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Special mention to Rob Holding. What.a.player!

Other honorable mention goes to Nacho Monreal. We cannot let Nacho leave the club. Dude strains every muscle for the course. Watch how he celebrates every goal, how he celebrated today's win. His love for the club is so clear to see, and dude is a solid smart baller.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."