The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Cristao II »

Cito wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:The irony of this Arsenal v Spurs match up is that Arsenal might just remember that Spurs arse belong to them and suddenly rediscover their libido again. I dont trust Spurs to say NO on a firm way.
When last did Arsenal beat Spurs?
I think the question should be the other way around...
2013 - 2016 results

03 Mar 2013 Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal W 2-1 Premier League
01 Sep 2013 Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur L 1-0 Premier League
04 Jan 2014 Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur L 2-0 FA Cup
16 Mar 2014 Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal L 0-1 Premier League

27 Sep 2014 Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur D 1-1 Premier League
07 Feb 2015 Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal W 2-1 Premier League
23 Sep 2015 Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal L 1-2 League Cup
08 Nov 2015 Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur D 1-1 Premier League
05 Mar 2016 Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal D 2-2 Premier League
06 Nov 2016 Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur D 1-1 Premier League
In the League.. we are unbeaten since 2014. Meanwhile we were the last to win a NLD in the PL! Forget form, nothing else holds sway on that day.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Many Arsenal fans just cant see what is happening at the club.....AW's future has nothing to do with current results / the club waiting to see if Arsenal finish in the top 4. Any smart person can see the impact the uncertainty over AW's future has had on results, had Wenger committed to the contract placed in front of him months ago..Arsenal will likely have at least 6+ more points on the Board right now and finishing strongly in the top 4 as usual. But there is something bigger than the short term causing this impasse.....

Why did AW not sign the contract presented to him in the first place? Because imho Wenger told the Board to agree a deal with its best players - Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil first. From the Boards POV AW's contract is the most important to the club, once the Board have the ink on that they will then decide if Sanchez and Ozil deserve the raises they have asked for and are likely more than happy to as they have done in the past sell them and ask AW to build from scratch again. AW is making a stand on that...AW told BT sport a few weeks back - "I am ready to take this club to the next level", you can't do that without your best players.

It was funny a few weeks ago when AW distanced himself from the club when it came to agreeing terms with Ozil and Sanchez and now we hear of big money contract offers for Sanchez.

Read between the lines people....
Best post I have here on this issue. No surprise about the poster, knows his beans.

How e no go know e beans, when na for your kitchen dem cook am??! :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

theYemster wrote:
Gooner1 wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
spot on
Here's how it's gonna play out. If Wenger leaves and the player excels, his loyal mongs will give the glory to Wenger for having the foresight to sign him.

However if the player flops they'll blame the new coach for not being able to get the best out of him the way Wenger would've done had he been around. :)
Same applies to Wenger haters like you actually, truth be told. Both sides have their arguments, which may be valid depending on how you see it
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

bepanda wrote:The new Arsenal coach must be given a chance to sign his own players. Wenger has no business signing players, when he is a lame duck coach.
Because the new player will quickly adopt the same mentality that is currently prevailing at the Emirates.
A loser's mentality, instilled, developed and further encouraged by the current coach: You know the drill ... Top 4 is great. Losing 10-2 to Bayern is no big deal. Failing to mark anyone on corner kick is all right, when we lose it is the referees fault, .... etc.
Bepanda
Cally wrote:
bepanda wrote:The player just declared on BepandaTV that he will ask to be sold, if Wenger is no longer the coach.
He said he can only play for Wenger, so he can enjoy the freedom and lack of accountability that exists in the squad.
He said his main goal is top4 and CL qualification and look forward to reaching the group stages whenever that happens and be eliminated in the first knockout stage.
He said he has really admired what Arsenal has accomplish in the last 10 years. His idols are Gallas, Clichy, Denilson, Bendtner, ... etc. He grew up watching those guys tear up the EPL. He can't wait to consistently lose games to the Top 6 of the EPL. He just loves Zone Marking, although he has never played it before. And he can't wait to work on defense with Steve Bould ... and all those guys.
I'm sure Arsenal fans love him already. He truly embodies our ideals ... what an amazing player ...
Bepanda
Cito wrote:Who is this Kolasinac?
So what exactly are you saying here? You don't like the player? You don't like the signing? You don't like the news that the player wants Wenger to stay? You don't think we need a left back, or we shouldn't sign any player that wants Wenger to stay?

Arsenal fans sha. Many of us are like our club sef...just a mess.
Thanks for clarifying.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

ojafranpa wrote:Heard Ox to Liverf00l done deal.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Cito wrote:Who is this Kolasinac?
another sub standard player....arsenal never learn
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:The irony of this Arsenal v Spurs match up is that Arsenal might just remember that Spurs arse belong to them and suddenly rediscover their libido again. I dont trust Spurs to say NO on a firm way.
When last did Arsenal beat Spurs?
Spurs are the least of any Arsenal fan worries. We must get our house in order first.
Thats what you used to say about Chelsea. :taunt: :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

SEAD KOLASINIC

Man United, Man City and Chelsea are all going to sign a left back. Kolasinic is on a free transfer. hmm.

I said the same thing when Ozil was available and all the top clubs in England ignored him.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Danfo e don do haba,God help nus on monday oooh.
Thinking if we drop points how things might turn.....
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:SEAD KOLASINIC

Man United, Man City and Chelsea are all going to sign a left back. Kolasinic is on a free transfer. hmm.

I said the same thing when Ozil was available and all the top clubs in England ignored him.
What are you insinuating? :D
Kola nut is an unambitious player? :)
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:SEAD KOLASINIC

What are you insinuating? :D
Kola nut is an unambitious player? :)
:D

No be my mouth you go hear sey Oba wife no wear pant. :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:Danfo e don do haba,God help nus on monday oooh.
You don look table today?

You guys are 7th. :taunt: :taunt: :scared: :scared: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:

You guys are 7th. :taunt: :taunt: :scared: :scared: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Please biko e don do that is why i pray we win monday and get out of that position.
But if we win and chelsea win then Jose might be 7th :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Please biko e don do that is why i pray we win monday and get out of that position.
But if we win and chelsea win then Jose might be 7th :rotf:

You seem to love Jose very much. You fit dey inside toilet and sh1t no commot your yansh, and you will say "jose." Enter church pray, and "Jose". Go market to buy Tomato, and "Jose." :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cally wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Gooner1 wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
spot on
Here's how it's gonna play out. If Wenger leaves and the player excels, his loyal mongs will give the glory to Wenger for having the foresight to sign him.

However if the player flops they'll blame the new coach for not being able to get the best out of him the way Wenger would've done had he been around. :)
Same applies to Wenger haters like you actually, truth be told. Both sides have their arguments, which may be valid depending on how you see it
Possibly so but with good reason. Unlike the first scenario where its too early to judge the new coach, Wenger's been there long enough for us to accurately assess. So if the player starts beasting after his departure then there's only one logical conclusion...and it has nothing to do with my alleged dislike/hatred for Wenger.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Arsene Wenger has blocked a boardroom move to install Thierry Henry on the coaching staff until the end of the season.
Josh Kroenke, son of Stan, believes the dressing room needs a lift and thinks Henry could help finish the season strongly.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... s-10234278
----------------------------------
If the board thinks he needs help - why offer a new contract? & If AW feels insulted/violated,why continue as gaffer?
Arsenal = farce
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

They don't have the courage to fire King Arsene.
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:Arsene Wenger has blocked a boardroom move to install Thierry Henry on the coaching staff until the end of the season.
Josh Kroenke, son of Stan, believes the dressing room needs a lift and thinks Henry could help finish the season strongly.
If the board thinks he needs help - why offer a new contract? & If AW feels insulted/violated,why continue as gaffer?
Arsenal = farce
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:They don't have the courage to fire King Arsene.
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:Arsene Wenger has blocked a boardroom move to install Thierry Henry on the coaching staff until the end of the season.
Arsenal = farce
Bros did you read this tabloid fable before posting :ohmy:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

I love Henry, Pires, Adams, Wright and Vieira as much as any Gooner but......can we stop making them into these omnipresent beings, who via their mere presence will carry Arsenal into an era of excellence never before witnessed on god's green earth..... :roll: :: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How did Nostalgia work for Liverpool when they brought back Kenny Dalglish, or Newcastle when they brought back in Alan Shearer?
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

The Stats Don't Lie.

Arsenal have stood still for the best part of 5 years, when I saw this statistic presented by BT Sport, I thought it best to share with my fellow gooners. Arsenal have been consistent for the best part of 5 years, this year is not an anomaly, the problems is that Liverpool, Spurs ,Mancity and Everton have all improved

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I love Henry, Pires, Adams, Wright and Vieira as much as any Gooner but......can we stop making them into these omnipresent beings, who via their mere presence will carry Arsenal into an era of excellence never before witnessed on god's green earth..... :roll: :: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How did Nostalgia work for Liverpool when they brought back Kenny Dalglish, or Newcastle when they brought back in Alan Shearer?
If we were rocking steady, their names don't come up - we're in such a funk, many people want change whichever way it comes. Logic almost becomes a luxury. I do not believe in Adams - he has failed as a manager in enough jobs.
Titi & Veira come with a different baggage - Pires is too close to AW. I don't believe AW delegates enough for me to condemn Bould. Wrighty's comments about how Keown lost his gig sounds about right.
Titi with a veteran assistant will give me hope - no one is expecting miracles but not even you can be loving this gutter zipcode we've taking residence in.
Last edited by tolahs on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:They don't have the courage to fire King Arsene.
Bepanda
Arsenal = farce
Bros did you read this tabloid fable before posting :ohmy:
In an atmosphere where insiders, outsiders & their frogs are leaking - we roll with what we read.
Just last week or so, Alexis was the devil - it's Arsenal, we're ways below tabloids just now. We've got no biz tryna be classy.
Last edited by tolahs on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Look at JM - ManU played on thurs - he benches Zlatan & a couple, comes up with a gameplan that has Hazard & Pedro looking lost while Costa is doing the Hezbollah.
Strategy set & team executes - a land we Gooners are yet to find!!!