The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Nkume wrote:Don't despair folks. Arsenal ladies destroyed toto ladies 10-0. That should be some good news.

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/161 ... ham-report

we don't care. I would have been happy had Oshoala remained and scored all 10 goals.

We true Gooners care about the ladies team. And the fact that you didnt take your lunch to the meadow park just shows me who you truly are. Many of us were out at Colney, during the cold cheering when the girls walked passed us on their way to Meadow. And even one of the girls winked at me. But as a true Gooner, I refused to wink back and only waved to her. Some of us who have been following the club for 25 years and have eaten sandwiches with Pedro Martinez Losa knows that this is a spaniard with admiration for Wenger. A bearded spaniard at that! And If you cannot support the ladies, then I am sorry, but you also have to go where the sun dont shine!

And its sad how you support a player above the club. Oshoala abandoned the club when the club needed her. In fact, some of the ladies fought her and tore her brassiere. Two of the English ladies had to be restrained as they attempted to remove Oshoala' s pant! for months, she has been walking around the pitch, refusing to listen to Losa. The club had to get rid! I am happy she has gone to backwater China!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:I think having Wenger leave at the end of this season is too precipitous
a step. Careful planning for a successful transition will at least take another
season to put in place. Meanwhile, Wenger can right the ship and burnish
his legacy (I don't think his legacy needs salvaging, not at this point at
least). Wenger deserves way more respect than to be sacked or pressured to
leave. Most fans have been patient with him up to this point. Giving him
the benefit of one year or two, given his tremendous contribution to the
club is not asking too much in my opinion.

For those who are hell bent on seeing Wenger leave, I say this. Wenger will
leave soon. Whether it is at the end of the season, the next one or the one
after that. You will get what you want. However, for all our sakes and for
the good of the club I pray that Wenger leaves with dignity and respect at
a time when the club is ready for the transition. And not before.
He has been trying to right the ship for over 12 years, all i see is the ship like the titanic heading dangerously towards the glaciers while the mugunners sing Nearer my God to thee and the board on their part clicking glasses of champaigne all wearing their life jackets while boasting...nothing can sink our boat abi na ship. E go do all mugunners like film trick...ewu Gunners bank Fc :lol:
LOL....when someone goes to a season relying on the likes of Ramsey, Coq, Ox, etc, one should not be surprised if your team is hanging to 6th position.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:I think having Wenger leave at the end of this season is too precipitous
a step. Careful planning for a successful transition will at least take another
season to put in place. Meanwhile, Wenger can right the ship and burnish
his legacy (I don't think his legacy needs salvaging, not at this point at
least). Wenger deserves way more respect than to be sacked or pressured to
leave. Most fans have been patient with him up to this point. Giving him
the benefit of one year or two, given his tremendous contribution to the
club is not asking too much in my opinion.

For those who are hell bent on seeing Wenger leave, I say this. Wenger will
leave soon. Whether it is at the end of the season, the next one or the one
after that. You will get what you want. However, for all our sakes and for
the good of the club I pray that Wenger leaves with dignity and respect at
a time when the club is ready for the transition. And not before.
He has been trying to right the ship for over 12 years, all i see is the ship like the titanic heading dangerously towards the glaciers while the mugunners sing Nearer my God to thee and the board on their part clicking glasses of champaigne all wearing their life jackets while boasting...nothing can sink our boat abi na ship. E go do all mugunners like film trick...ewu Gunners bank Fc :lol:
LOL....when someone goes to a season relying on the likes of Ramsey, Coq, Ox, etc, one should not be surprised if your team is hanging to 6th position.
Wenger has always wanted to occupy where Man united is. Someone need to let him know SAF left a while back :rotf: :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Madness they say is repeating same thing over and over hoping for a change. I am beginning to eye all my mugunner friends suspiciously because i am beginning to question their sanity...i am serious oh!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Well, an announcement will be soon on Wenger's decision. If the rumours are true, then a lot of people here will be very disappointed.
What most of these clowns do not realise is their negativity which is not helping results is not helping their own cause either, there is a better chance of AW leaving if Arsenal results improve and we finish in the top 4. AW is not the sort of man who will want to leave Arsenal (His life's work for 20 years) in the current state we are in.

'clowns'? You disagree with them, fair enough...don't dismiss their actions/concerns as if they're without merit.
Thanks Oga Plat,somethings you read online is shocking,how anyone can fault the fans that has been with Wenger during good and bad times when the club was moving to emirate and face hardship financially clown?I mean for how long can you say enough is a enough?No Arsenal fan hate Wenger but its time he leave the club as he just can't take us any further but as greedy as he is like any other dictator he will fall on his own sword for hanging around for too long.I for one know he will sign another contract but things will only get worst for him.He is a steady sinking ship that people don't want to admit better to save him from this slumber before he mess any small respect he has.I know for once if Wenger take us to championship fans will still be saying he has done more for the club blah blah.Question is when is the best time for him to leave since fans don't want him leave the club?Die in power?
Its funny Oga Skylolo talking about current state as if its the fans who put the club in this current situation.Wenger brought this mess to himself and if he does not take charge and turn it around starting with City game,fans anger will only grow up and I will not be surprise to see a fan deck him one day.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

oloye wrote:Madness they say is repeating same thing over and over hoping for a change. I am beginning to eye all my mugunner friends suspiciously because i am beginning to question their sanity...i am serious oh!
Uncle what are you saying about us? :?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Robbynice wrote:
oloye wrote:Madness they say is repeating same thing over and over hoping for a change. I am beginning to eye all my mugunner friends suspiciously because i am beginning to question their sanity...i am serious oh!
Are you in denial that you're still asking what you're reading in black and white? :rotf: :tic: A true mugoon indeed :tic:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Robbynice wrote:
Robby ..you na correct aburo..osi lara won ojare! :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

To be honest just few fans still believe for a change,most of us have wise up and just don't expect anything good from what we been seeing in the last 12 years until Wenger leave.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Dam FA should have suspend 5 of their players for their next game...

Manchester City have been charged by the Football Association with failing to "ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion" during Sunday's game against Liverpool.

It follows an incident "in or around the 50th minute" of the 1-1 draw, when referee Michael Oliver gave the Reds a penalty, penalising Gael Clichy for a raised boot on Roberto Firmino.

James Milner scored from the spot.

City have until 18:00 GMT on Thursday, 23 March to respond to the charge.

Milner's goal gave Liverpool the lead but Sergio Aguero ensured City took a point from a thrilling draw at Etihad Stadium.

Both Clichy and David Silva were booked after Oliver pointed to the spot.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kajifu wrote:Dam FA should have suspend 5 of their players for their next game...

Manchester City have been charged by the Football Association with failing to "ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion" during Sunday's game against Liverpool.

It follows an incident "in or around the 50th minute" of the 1-1 draw, when referee Michael Oliver gave the Reds a penalty, penalising Gael Clichy for a raised boot on Roberto Firmino.

Milner's goal gave Liverpool the lead but Sergio Aguero ensured City took a point from a thrilling draw at Etihad Stadium.

Why are you goon always looking for someone to get suspended or injured so you can move up the table? Is that what football is to you people? Like " we can't do anything unless our rivals get injured or suspended". It's a damn shame if you don't ask Robby
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:Dam FA should have suspend 5 of their players for their next game...

They could lose their 1st 11 & still whoop us. Haven't you seen us play recently -we've got jersey wearers not interested in playing & a gaffer looking like he's got memory loss issues.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

pajimoh wrote:

Why are you goon always looking for someone to get suspended or injured so you can move up the table? Is that what football is to you people? Like " we can't do anything unless our rivals get injured or suspended". It's a damn shame if you don't ask Robby
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Thus is the disease known as Wengerism, complete and utter cowardice very much a symptom. Praying key players of opponents are injured or suspended, praying for easiest possible draws in cup competitions..it's the way of Wengerism.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The only player you should be praying for to be on the field is Bravo. So if you have a Jazzman, start asking him to go visit Caballero. He may just need a much needed 1-week vacation.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Thus is the disease known as Wengerism, complete and utter cowardice very much a symptom. Praying key players of opponents are injured or suspended, praying for easiest possible draws in cup competitions..it's the way of Wengerism.
:lol: :lol: Kajifufu can hardly be accused with Wengerism..lol But seriously though,i cant undersstand why some peeps like wishing injury or suspension on other teams players.The whole purpose of competition is to have your full team of players and we see who is the better team..

Had this friend back in the day that always wished injury on TH14 cos he always scored and humiliated Liverpool .. :lol: He was always fervent in his prayers ...which never worked...lol
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gunzilla wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

:lol: :lol: Kajifufu can hardly be accused with Wengerism..lol But seriously though,i cant undersstand why some peeps like wishing injury or suspension on other teams players.The whole purpose of competition is to have your full team of players and we see who is the better team..

Had this friend back in the day that always wished injury on TH14 cos he always scored and humiliated Liverpool .. :lol: He was always fervent in his prayers ...which never worked...lol
Is your friend Danfo Driver :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

A different point of view - this statement has been released by the folks who flew the Respect AW banner at the West Brom game.
We are Gooners20. Started by 20 Arsenal-supporting fans who always believe that respect is a core virtue. We arranged an ‘In Arsène we trust #RespectAW’ aerial banner over the Hawthorns on 18th March 2017 Arsenal v West Brom. To clear up any possible confusion that our aerial banner may have caused to the public by false rumours, we are writing this letter to explain our actions and the intention behind them.

People today are enjoying the convenience of the Internet and its easy information flow without questioning what they perceive while reporters are writing fiction on sports pages. We have learned that there is a circulating rumour that Sir Chips Keswick and Jardine Matheson Holdings Ltd were behind the pro-Mr. Wenger banner. The rumour is completely false. The banner was designed and paid for by us whereas Arsenal Football Club and its affiliates have never been involved.

Biased media outlets make up stories and stir up our fan base. A small group of irrational and disrespectful people who claim to be Arsenal supporters have recently been causing embarrassment and harm to our club, the manager and fans around the world. The actions and abuses from the small group of disrespectful radicals are intolerable as what they have been doing clearly do not represent the majority of Gooners. To defend our club, the manager and fans who truly love the club, we decided to answer to the abusive manners. The banner was our answer. We planned and implemented the whole action from scratch to finish within two days. This is how easily and quickly a decision can be made when it comes to defending the club that we support, the man that we respect and the cannon that we love.

The flying ‘In Arsène we trust #RespectAW’ banner was a spontaneous movement from us without any organisational affiliation to Arsenal Football Club in response to the agenda-driven biased act which involved an insulting banner being flown during the West Bromwich game financed by a crowdsourcing campaign supported by small group of irrational and disrespectful people. In contrary to the disrespectful banner, our ‘In Arsène we trust #RespectAW’ banner flew over the Hawthorns was a mark of respect for the glorious moments Mr. Wenger delivered to our beloved Arsenal Football Club. Respect, together with unconditional support, are what we have always been giving to our beloved club.

The two banners that flew over the Hawthorns were labelled a ‘banner war’. It has never been a war. We have never wanted to fight anyone, not even those who do not share the same values or opinions with us. We did not try to stop anyone from flying their own banners or speaking up.

We are making this little extra effort to let Mr. Wenger know that we will always have your back. It is always more important for us to get behind the team rather than getting into a nonsensical fight with those who cannot endure hard times with the club or easily get stirred up by media outlets who have an agenda against the club or the manager. As much as we want Mr. Wenger to stay at Arsenal for more seasons to come, we also understand that it is Mr. Wenger and the club’s decision to make. And we would respect whatever decision is made mutually by the club and the manager.

It has never been our intention to stop anyone from expressing opinions. We only want more respect for the manager on and off the pitch. Respect Mr. Wenger. Respect each other, including people who do not share the same values with us.

Know for a fact there are many Gooners who feel this way.
To God be the glory
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Skylolo wrote:A different point of view - this statement has been released by the folks who flew the Respect AW banner at the West Brom game.
We are Gooners20. Started by 20 Arsenal-supporting fans who always believe that respect is a core virtue. We arranged an ‘In Arsène we trust #RespectAW’ aerial banner over the Hawthorns on 18th March 2017 Arsenal v West Brom. To clear up any possible confusion that our aerial banner may have caused to the public by false rumours, we are writing this letter to explain our actions and the intention behind them.

People today are enjoying the convenience of the Internet and its easy information flow without questioning what they perceive while reporters are writing fiction on sports pages. We have learned that there is a circulating rumour that Sir Chips Keswick and Jardine Matheson Holdings Ltd were behind the pro-Mr. Wenger banner. The rumour is completely false. The banner was designed and paid for by us whereas Arsenal Football Club and its affiliates have never been involved.

Biased media outlets make up stories and stir up our fan base. A small group of irrational and disrespectful people who claim to be Arsenal supporters have recently been causing embarrassment and harm to our club, the manager and fans around the world. The actions and abuses from the small group of disrespectful radicals are intolerable as what they have been doing clearly do not represent the majority of Gooners. To defend our club, the manager and fans who truly love the club, we decided to answer to the abusive manners. The banner was our answer. We planned and implemented the whole action from scratch to finish within two days. This is how easily and quickly a decision can be made when it comes to defending the club that we support, the man that we respect and the cannon that we love.

The flying ‘In Arsène we trust #RespectAW’ banner was a spontaneous movement from us without any organisational affiliation to Arsenal Football Club in response to the agenda-driven biased act which involved an insulting banner being flown during the West Bromwich game financed by a crowdsourcing campaign supported by small group of irrational and disrespectful people. In contrary to the disrespectful banner, our ‘In Arsène we trust #RespectAW’ banner flew over the Hawthorns was a mark of respect for the glorious moments Mr. Wenger delivered to our beloved Arsenal Football Club. Respect, together with unconditional support, are what we have always been giving to our beloved club.

The two banners that flew over the Hawthorns were labelled a ‘banner war’. It has never been a war. We have never wanted to fight anyone, not even those who do not share the same values or opinions with us. We did not try to stop anyone from flying their own banners or speaking up.

We are making this little extra effort to let Mr. Wenger know that we will always have your back. It is always more important for us to get behind the team rather than getting into a nonsensical fight with those who cannot endure hard times with the club or easily get stirred up by media outlets who have an agenda against the club or the manager. As much as we want Mr. Wenger to stay at Arsenal for more seasons to come, we also understand that it is Mr. Wenger and the club’s decision to make. And we would respect whatever decision is made mutually by the club and the manager.

It has never been our intention to stop anyone from expressing opinions. We only want more respect for the manager on and off the pitch. Respect Mr. Wenger. Respect each other, including people who do not share the same values with us.

Sorry but that is absolute balderdash.

Idea Gooners cannot assess situation on their own and retain a POV based on that is condescending RUBBISH!!!!!!

Idea majority of Gooners who feel AW time at Arsenal should come to an end is down to influence of a youtube channel or the media is Donald Trump levels of disingenuous, diversionary balderdash.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

@TG I used to be Wengerism some years ago and I respect him but I have wise up and want him out as he is done can't lead us to any major trophy again.
I never wish any player injured but a Spurs fan just want to show off.Alot of anti Arsenal fans have laugh at our players when been kick and injured call us all sort of names.Take that Liverpool game with City,if that was Arsenal that 6 players surround the ref and 2 on yellow talking rubbi9sh to the ref believe me one or two should have got a second yellow.Ref decided to give only Silva a yellow card because he was not on yellow when he is the captain and the only person to approach ref.You think that if Arsenal players act just like City we will not finish that game with 9 men?Why do you think FA is taking action even after ref give Silva yellow?
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Skylolo wrote:A different point of view - this statement has been released by the folks who flew the Respect AW banner at the West Brom game.

Idea Gooners cannot assess situation on their own and retain a POV based on that is condescending RUBBISH!!!!!!

Idea majority of Gooners who feel AW time at Arsenal should come to an end is down to influence of a youtube channel or the media is Donald Trump levels of disingenuous, diversionary balderdash.
How do you know it is the majority of Goons that want AW out....?

The fans who want AW to at least be respected and are not averse to him staying are starting to fight back as you all saw with the banner. Those Arsenalfantv dudes are starting get serious abuse as well even when they are filming...

At the end of the day you dudes have to respect other people have a different opinion.
To God be the glory
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Arrogant to even suggest you are the majority.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

How do you know it is the majority of Goons that want AW out....?

The fans who want AW to at least be respected and are not averse to him staying are starting to fight back as you all saw with the banner. Those Arsenalfantv dudes are starting get serious abuse as well even when they are filming...

At the end of the day you dudes have to respect other people have a different opinion.
Have a read here. I have to hit back with interest. But, I have now decided to ignore, it is no point reducing myself to the level of insults.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.