The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Best thing for goon is for Wenger to stay. Lay a decent foundation and plan a structured hand over. In fact before he leaves Arsenal will do well to make his replacement work with him for a year. You don't run a place for over 20 years, remove yourself and expect things to carry on smoothly
Wenger is no fool, he is aware of the unrest around him and the club, but not as a fan would be. All his ex-players talk about his fighting qualities, he will take his current adversity as a spur to prove people wrong. He has always done this, I am convinced he will prove everyone wrong once again.
No one is doubting that. The question everyone has is: Can he do it?

Yes can but will he do it is the bigger question? Well not as long as he keeps his loyalty with those players that are letting him down.
I see a man who knows and feels he has been let down so badly that he wants to fix it himself. He is determined and I am sure he will not spare the exit door if he makes it to the summer. I think things have changed irrevocably between him and some of his players. We soon find out who the players are.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Best thing for goon is for Wenger to stay. Lay a decent foundation and plan a structured hand over. In fact before he leaves Arsenal will do well to make his replacement work with him for a year. You don't run a place for over 20 years, remove yourself and expect things to carry on smoothly
Wenger is no fool, he is aware of the unrest around him and the club, but not as a fan would be. All his ex-players talk about his fighting qualities, he will take his current adversity as a spur to prove people wrong. He has always done this, I am convinced he will prove everyone wrong once again.
Like he has been proving them wrong in the last 12 yrs winning 2 FA cups in the process..kai my brother i bow for ya loyalty :thumbs:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Like he has been proving them wrong in the last 12 yrs winning 2 FA cups in the process..kai my brother i bow for ya loyalty :thumbs:
If you do not acknowledge the huge toll the Emirates took on the club's finances, then there is no point. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

No worries, Vieira time never reach. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Oloye, might one add...and yet they outspent Leicester comfortably in all of those seasons of austerity, net spend, mosquito net, fishnet tights, at the same stage in their career.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Unfortunately, it will get more difficult. JM in his latest interview made it clear that it is tougher now to win the EPL. You now have about 6 or 7 real contenders. JM stated that the time of Man U winning EPL every year is gone. Top 4 is no longer guaranteed for Wenger. That is the sad reality..

Even before the building of the stadium, he was not able to compete in Europe. Now that the 'best' in Europe are now in the EPL, Wenger is finding it tough and it can only get tougher.

Wenger is not a bad manager. However, he has his limitations. He cannot produce beyond his competency.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
:lol:

Seriously, I wonder how long it is possible to mantain this BS?
Reminds of a scene from a movie ("Revolver")

[/video]
"Checkmate.How? How what? We've kept you alive, now you can tell me.How do you keep winning? It's very simple. You do all the hard work, I just help you along. The art is for me to feed pieces to you and make you believe you took those pieces, because you are smarter and I am dumber.
In every game and con there is always an opponent and there is always a victim. The more control the victim thinks he has, the less control he actually has. Gradually he will hang himself. I, as the opponent, just help him along. Is that the treasured formula? The formula has infinite depth in its efficacy and application, but it is staggeringly simple and completely consistent.

Rule one of any game or con: You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.Rule number two. The more sophisticated the game, the more sophisticated the opponent. If the opponent is very good, he will place his victim inside an environment he can control.The bigger the environment, the easier the control. Toss the dog a bone, find their weakness, and give them just a little of what they think they want. Check.So the opponent simply distracts their victim by getting them consumed with their own consumption. Check. The word "snake" springs to mind. Don't knock it. You only get smarter by playing a snake.

The bigger the trick and older the trick, the easier it is to pull. Based on two principles. They think it can't be that old and they think it can't be that big, for so many people to have fallen for it. Eventually, when the opponent is challenged or questioned, it means the victim's investment and thus his intelligence is questioned.No-one can accept that, not even to themselves. Checkmate."
I mean honestly, after all those years of excuses and BS etc what must happen for Waffi to admit how blind he was for such a long time?
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Coach wrote:@Oloye, might one add...and yet they outspent Leicester comfortably in all of those seasons of austerity, net spend, mosquito net, fishnet tights, at the same stage in their career.
Can you imagine! The likes of Chelsea, City and United all self-destruct, the window of opportunity finally open for Arsenal to win the EPL and in March they are 8 points behind Leicester. What else must happen before Arsenal wins another trophy?

Also the elephant in the room is the European record. Top 6-8 in terms of spending power for quite some time now, but hardly ever progress to the quarters.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

:rotf: at the myopic people claiming to be Arsenal fans. You lack the patience and cannot see the grand scheme of things. Let me quote Waffi from 2012:
Waffiman wrote: My point is thi team is not as bad as the dooms day merchant are trying to make us believe. It shows they are completely ignorant talking without facts to back up their ignorant claims.

Also, when people talk about winning things Spuds fans should not talk. you should take your place at the bottom end of the pile and know where you belong. What has Spuds won in your life time? Arsenal have won 2 league titles in your stadium, while Spuds have not won a league title since you were born. Wenger has won more silverware with Arsenal than Spuds have won in your life time.

Arsenal have built a stadium with its own funds, Spuds are trying to build one and they cannot. They want to take a stadium they cannot build even if it means moving to the East End. They are even asking for tax payers money after they failed to secure the stadium they did not build. The banks have told Spuds they will not give them the money they need to build a stadium. So Spuds are desperately trying to catch up.

Meanwhile Arsenal have built and secure its long term future financially at the expense of missing out on a winning team. For me, Arsenal building of its stadium is greater than any silverware in the past 6 years. We all know why we have not been competitive and winning silverware. With the future secure, Arsenal will now move to the next step of its plan, they now need to re-arrange Sponsorship deals and this extra revenue will take Arsenal to the level of Manure,Barca and Real Madrid, when total revenue is aggregated. But we all need to be patient as the great plan is coming to fruition.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=212945&p=3365378&hi ... n#p3365378
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kofi86 wrote:
I mean honestly, after all those years of excuses and BS etc what must happen for Waffi to admit how blind he was for such a long time?

You dont know Wafoolishman! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Some of y'all need to miss me with this squad overhaul b/s - for real.
You can't teach an old 'd' new tricks.
We've a gaffer who disrespects the concept of team defense - dismisses notions of alternative formations - consistently ignores opps to exploit team weaknesses of the opposition.
He knows the faults - been called out a zillion times on them - keeps telling us about our mental strength - might it just be that some of the players are tired of pretending they're learning under a dude who's refused to evolve as a coach.
Arsenal is the worst team in the EPL defending w/o the ball - one shudders to think what their drill sessions look like - it's not about players, it's about a gaffer closed to other ideas, too proud to delegate & making us enablers to this ego trip.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:Some of y'all need to miss me with this squad overhaul b/s - for real.
We've a gaffer who disrespects the concept of team defense - dismisses notions of alternative formations - consistently ignores opps to exploit team weaknesses of the opposition.
He knows the faults - been called out a zillion times on them - keeps telling us about our mental strength - might it just be that some of the players are tired of pretending they're learning under a dude who's refused to evolve as a coach.
Arsenal is the worst team in the EPL defending w/o the ball - one shudders to think what their drill sessions look like - it's not about players, it's about a gaffer closed to other ideas, too proud to delegate & making us enablers to this ego trip.
Thanks Coach. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Some of y'all need to miss me with this squad overhaul b/s - for real.
Thanks Coach. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
To God be the glory
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

2014/15 - Second best defence in the league overall

2015/16 - Second best defence in the league overall

:roll: :roll:
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:

Why do you think I was laughing? I do love it when ignorance is pontificated with such arrogance. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@G1, City was the easiest draw in the semis. Tottenham will be a test for Chelsea and should they come through, will bottle it in the final. The FA Cup is Beloved's, that alone does not constitute a good season. At the start of the campaign, the squad was supposedly complete, such sentiment echoed throughout the early pages of this thread. Armed with a complete squad, what impression was made upon the Champions and Premier league?

Arguably more noteworthy than an incumbent dictator insisting upon dictating, not least the shameless new depths of excuse, but fantastic irony.

IMHO, AFC fans have reaped what they've sown. All the s**t off field is now being reflected on it. No confidence.

...as if the lowest of the low was not enough, they excavated the seabed to plunge the excuses to unchartered depths. Spoken from the left side of a smile more crooked than a J.Cole classic "the Wenger Out brigade are irrelevant, an easily ignored gadfly". And from the cleft in the right side "they're responsible for the bad run of results".

How many times has a chest full of hubris dismissed the whisper and whimpering Wenger Outists, the minuscule minority, outnumbered thousands to a man. And yet, the supposedly uninfluential nobodies impart greater influence on the players than the tens of thousand True Goons, singing their songs. If indeed the performances are consequence of the few unimportant untrue goons, by such measures, what degree of useless must be applied to a majority who, for all their numerical advantage, have as much yield on the field as a honeybee with hayfever.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Skylolo wrote:

Pure arrogant ignorance pontificate. My brother, you and I have supported this club for 26 years! Me for 25 and you for 1 year. We have had the second best defense for years now and he is here talking about lack of defensive ability. Even when Leicester won the league, we had the second best defense! This is what we have to deal with at the emirates, with the johnny come latelies. They think we suffer fools lighly, simply because we dont respond to some of their childish rants. I have said it before and will say it again, everytime Kolcieny plays, we always lead by 1-0. What the club has to do, and I have been told by Phillipe Auclair, that the manager is going to spend a lot of money on cloning. Never again, are we going into a season with only one Kolcieny. That has affected us and thats why we have the second best defense. With two or three Kolcienies, I can assure you that we will have the first best defense.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

The delusion on some the comments here cannot be matched by top delegates of N.Korea's great leader.
You're so sure of a dude who has to leak & try out reactions to a contract extension after 20yrs as gaffer??? - what part of your confidence is he missing out on.
With these sort of fans determined to ignore glaring tactical shortcomings & non-existent team defensive philosophy - we're dead.

We don't need no Phillipe Auclairs' to tell us what is up - we see the nonsense - too many of you must have worked for some of the military dictators from 9ja's recent past. It's a peeing contest to you - get AW a gig cos frustrated fans out there are being influenced by aliens & devils??.
That AW Stockholm syndrome has really taken over.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Why do you think I was laughing? I do love it when ignorance is pontificated with such arrogance. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're pretend-laughing cos for you it's a crapshoot - your badge of honour right now is in the style of Hamas beat your chest proclaiming victory about a signed contract - as usual ignoring the crassness & lack of dignity involved in shameless leaks. This is the sorta victory you celebrate - wow!!!
You could give 2 hoots about that club - for you it's about clique worshiping a dude who cannot accept failure - you're helping turn our club into a sorrowful script. It was dueling msgs flown across an away stadium the last match - what's next - belly dancers fighting on our pitch with AW in vs AW out tops on???
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

You're pretend-laughing cos for you it's a crapshoot - your badge of honour right now is in the style of Hamas beat your chest proclaiming victory about a signed contract - as usual ignoring the crassness & lack of dignity involved in shameless leaks. This is the sorta victory you celebrate - wow!!!
You could give 2 hoots about that club - for you it's about clique worshiping a dude who cannot accept failure - you're helping turn our club into a sorrowful script. It was dueling msgs flown across an away stadium the last match - what's next - belly dancers fighting on our pitch with AW in vs AW out tops on???
Do what every reasonable person does and ignore him. There's nothing worth discussing with Waffi except wishing him and his family well during the holiday periods.

I used to wonder how slave catchers convinced Africans to sell their brothers and sisters until I ran into blind/sheepish support. Nothing you say or do will change some of our fellow supporters...so jejely sound your alarm and keep it pushing.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

100%Naija wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Do what every reasonable person does and ignore him. There's nothing worth discussing with Waffi except wishing him and his family well during the holiday periods.

I used to wonder how slave catchers convinced Africans to sell their brothers and sisters until I ran into blind/sheepish support. Nothing you say or do will change some of our fellow supporters...so jejely sound your alarm and keep it pushing.
:clap:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

There're levels to defending & sadly some of y'all hide behind stats - more relevant you get defensive & conflate issues - trying to deny our utter uselessness w/o the ball by citing how close we were to LCFC is pure S.China propanganda.
Some of you obviously watch our club & see a well organized,shape holding side with tremendous balance - such blindness by frequent watchers of our team calls into question the effects of various brew.
How often are our central defenders exposed to attacking players one_on_one compared to any team in the top 10 EPL - how soon does help defense arrive?
How fast on average do teams get past our midfield & staredown our backline?
---------------------------------------------------------
Kahn On Arsenal:“Bayern played a team so catastrophically bad without the ball.”

http://sokkaa.com/2017/02/17/kahn-arsen ... -play-bad/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Lee Dixon
“With the ball we’re brilliant, but without it absolutely shocking, they don’t know what they’re doing. There’s problems without the ball, it’s been like this for years now.....“You cannot be that bad without the ball against teams like PSG, the other good teams in the tournament, because you will get beaten.”

http://www.squawka.com/news/dixon-witho ... ing/772575
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan Hansen -2013:" Arsene Wenger's side are vulnerable without the ball and do not have enough resilience throughout their ranks."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ansen.html
---------------------------------------------------------
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

danfo driver wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Pure arrogant ignorance pontificate. My brother, you and I have supported this club for 26 years! Me for 25 and you for 1 year. We have had the second best defense for years now and he is here talking about lack of defensive ability. Even when Leicester won the league, we had the second best defense! This is what we have to deal with at the emirates, with the johnny come latelies. They think we suffer fools lighly, simply because we dont respond to some of their childish rants. I have said it before and will say it again, everytime Kolcieny plays, we always lead by 1-0. What the club has to do, and I have been told by Phillipe Auclair, that the manager is going to spend a lot of money on cloning. Never again, are we going into a season with only one Kolcieny. That has affected us and thats why we have the second best defense. With two or three Kolcienies, I can assure you that we will have the first best defense.
My friend it's not the personal but the tactics of using Zonal marking against West Brom, AW is not flexible in his tactics.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

realtrouble wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

My friend it's not the personal but the tactics of using Zonal marking against West Brom, AW is not flexible in his tactics.
This is the problem I have with most of you. Arsene Wenger was the first manager to implement zonal marking in England. There is nothing about Zonal marking that Wenger does not know. In fact, when wenger was using scientific methods to detail the application of Zonal marking, all the coaches in England were still using man-to-man marking. I remember, during wenger's 2nd season, tey held a conference at Highbury, were the other 19 coaches came to learn from Wenger. And here you are telling me that Wenger is not flexible. The problem with most of you is that you have gone where the sun dont shine and your eyes are closed. We true Gooners know that when it comes to flexibility, no one can do yoga more than Arsene Wenger. This is a manager who actually introduced yoga into training regime in England. Please, if you are not going to respect the manager who changed the way defense is played in this league, then you should just watch your mouth!