The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
No. Wenger won league titles because he had only Manchester United to compete with. He won (FA Cup) trophies recently cos we lucked out on opposition.
You win the FA Cup by winning five games. Three of those were against non and lower league opposition. City was the first EPL team we faced and we're in the final. Two seasons ago I bribe we played only two EPL teams as well en route to the Cup win. Go figure.
You always know that when the subject comes strictly to soccer that this clown will always expose his idiocy... what arrant nonsense . Do you even understand how knockout, one off tournaments work? Sometimes your sheer cluelessness despite its continual cycle of repetition, never erases to amaze me :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

In case you haven't noticed in a one off game you are always prone to have upsets because the top teams hardly ever use their best 11, making it more or less a battle of the squads. Hence Bradford city going to Stamford Bridge and shocking Mourinho or Flopp (your goddess) getting smacked at anfield this year.

Only a clown Moron would dismiss an FA cup run by saying, it's just a simple matter of winning five games ...: another exhibit of what a simpleton you are :rotf:

I guess when Arsenal beat a red hot Liverpool in their pomp with a barrage of injuries, whilst Sturridge and Suarez were smoking counts for nothing? Or when they followed up and beat a red hot Everton team en route to the finals ????

Or is it going to Old Trafford where they hadn't won in ages and Holding their nerve to clinch a quarter final win count for nothing?

You are clearly a dunce. Like you said earlier STFU :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You're too daft to recognize that you're actually making my argument for me.

Bottom line is the FA cup is rubbish. You don't see/hear any of the big clubs mention their domestic cup as their primary goal for the season.

It's all about the EPL/UCL stupid.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Nkume wrote:I HOPE this is true. But will NOT hold my breath.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
I a surprised you are even bothering with this. The only way Arsenal signs him if he wasn't yet known, or if the bigger teams are not interested.
But if the Wenger outers get their way, there is no way we sign the player.

Wenger out. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
No. Wenger won league titles because he had only Manchester United to compete with. He won (FA Cup) trophies recently cos we lucked out on opposition.
You win the FA Cup by winning five games. Three of those were against non and lower league opposition. City was the first EPL team we faced and we're in the final. Two seasons ago I bribe we played only two EPL teams as well en route to the Cup win. Go figure.
You always know that when the subject comes strictly to soccer that this clown will always expose his idiocy... what arrant nonsense . Do you even understand how knockout, one off tournaments work? Sometimes your sheer cluelessness despite its continual cycle of repetition, never erases to amaze me :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

In case you haven't noticed in a one off game you are always prone to have upsets because the top teams hardly ever use their best 11, making it more or less a battle of the squads. Hence Bradford city going to Stamford Bridge and shocking Mourinho or Flopp (your goddess) getting smacked at anfield this year.

Only a clown Moron would dismiss an FA cup run by saying, it's just a simple matter of winning five games ...: another exhibit of what a simpleton you are :rotf:

I guess when Arsenal beat a red hot Liverpool in their pomp with a barrage of injuries, whilst Sturridge and Suarez were smoking counts for nothing? Or when they followed up and beat a red hot Everton team en route to the finals ????

Or is it going to Old Trafford where they hadn't won in ages and Holding their nerve to clinch a quarter final win count for nothing?

Bottom line is the FA cup is rubbish. You don't see/hear any of the big clubs mention their domestic cup as their primary goal for the season.

Take your advice: STFU :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: about football matters and stick to abusing Arsene :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I know it is too much to expect most of the time, but I just wish some of the fans would behave and respect the class and tradition that Arsenal football club has built over the years.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

If you want Arsene out that's your prerogative. But if you belittle Arsenal's Cup achievements and want Arsenal to lose to add more credence to that view, that makes you a cvnt.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tomorrow will be a sad day for me. We bid farewell to White Hart Lane. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Arsenal have the best record of any club playing at White Hart Lane. Who else has won 2 league titles on that ground?

Certainly not Spuds.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Let's face it and be brutally honest. White Hart Lane will always be remembered for league titles being won by Arsenal Football Club.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

meanwhile, e be like say that fake Manure coach :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: don relegate dem Anichebe and Defoe :shock: :shock: :shock:

AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:meanwhile, e be like say that fake Manure coach :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: don relegate dem Anichebe and Defoe :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good for them,they refused to hire better managers and poor running of the club.The club was a mess from top to bottom from what i heard.SO was there,alot of other African or black managers never get this chance and watch the fake ex manu coach pick a nother job in EPL,
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:meanwhile, e be like say that fake Manure coach :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: don relegate dem Anichebe and Defoe :shock: :shock: :shock:

They both want to poo at the same time.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ojafranpa wrote:
tolahs wrote:My mind is mainly about Sunday - biggie. Too many people are slightly discouraged cos we didn't run thru LCFC - y'all forget they're a poppin' team which had a week to prepare. Palace were coming off a big win @anfield but were physically short at home vs Spurs.
It was nice to see AW leave Ramsey on the bench - hope he doesn't start vs Spurs - he's slow to release the ball - they've an aggressive midfield.
I'll leave Hector @right wingback but move Ox to a front 3 spot in place of TW.
If you play Monreal as LWB - too much work for old legs - i'll play him like Weds as CB with Gibbs as wing back - love Hollding- would start him if Kos can't make it but Gab has played RB so backing up Hector who is at wingback creates a better balance.
Midfield, Xhaka must be smart but also protected with someone with a defensive work ethic:(Coq or Elneny) - but Ozil can play a bit deeper if Ox is central. we wait

Alexis Welbeck Ox
Gibbs Ozil Xhaka Hector
Monreal Kos Gabriel
Cech

You've to pick a team that wouldn't concede a goal early but with enough pace to push them back - we must be in it @60mins - cannot afford to start like a bunch of war objectors!!! C.O.Y.G.!!!!
Spuds will eat that team of yours up there for dinner. Where is the midfield.
interesting you haven't picked a team - wonder why!!
One can only pick with AW's instincts in mind - I would prefer a 2DMs but AW doesn't often change his line ups too much.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:My mind is mainly about Sunday - biggie. Too many people are slightly discouraged cos we didn't run thru LCFC - y'all forget they're a poppin' team which had a week to prepare. Palace were coming off a big win @anfield but were physically short at home vs Spurs.
It was nice to see AW leave Ramsey on the bench - hope he doesn't start vs Spurs - he's slow to release the ball - they've an aggressive midfield.
I'll leave Hector @right wingback but move Ox to a front 3 spot in place of TW.
If you play Monreal as LWB - too much work for old legs - i'll play him like Weds as CB with Gibbs as wing back - love Hollding- would start him if Kos can't make it but Gab has played RB so backing up Hector who is at wingback creates a better balance.
Midfield, Xhaka must be smart but also protected with someone with a defensive work ethic:(Coq or Elneny) - but Ozil can play a bit deeper if Ox is central. we wait

Alexis Welbeck Ox
Gibbs Ozil Xhaka Hector
Monreal Kos Gabriel
Cech

You've to pick a team that wouldn't concede a goal early but with enough pace to push them back - we must be in it @60mins - cannot afford to start like a bunch of war objectors!!! C.O.Y.G.!!!!

You want to play Lead footed Xhaka and lazy bones Droopy in the middle against Toto? Dear Land save us from these internet coaches :rotf: :rotf:
In this line up AW would play Ox deep - regardless of what I might want - AW tends to respect names - i wouldn't start Ozil but AW would struggle to keep him on the bench which he should do.
I think Xhaka playing 3matches on in 8days is a lot for slow feet but will AW trust his other players?.
My personal as opposed to my guess will be:

Alexis Welbeck Ox
Gibbs Elneny Coq Hector
Monreal Kos Gabriel
Cech

More defensive solid in the MF - but i know this gaffer!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:If you want Arsene out that's your prerogative. But if you belittle Arsenal's Cup achievements and want Arsenal to lose to add more credence to that view, that makes you a cvnt.
I thought you were ignoring me? It seems you failed at that as well just like you did with your boolshit excuses for Wenger.

Being paid 8 million pounds a year to win a cup by winning only five games against mostly lower division teams is the ultimate rip off. If that males me a cvnt then I'm a tight wet juicy one.
Last edited by theYemster on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Nkume wrote:I HOPE this is true. But will NOT hold my breath.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
Pires is campaigning - he wants the T.D. gig but monaco are going for an auction.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... d-10325048

Is this man sneaking into CE and stealing my posts :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... d-10325048

Is this man sneaking into CE and stealing my posts :rotf: :rotf:
Wenger got rid of Merson cos he was a crack head. Sadly, he is still a crack head. He is a Chelski supporter but he once played for Arsenal, so he should know the standards that apply at Arsenal.

What have they won? You hear them go on about Spuds as if they are world beaters but for 2 seasons in a row, when put under pressure, they have cracked. These so called better players finished last in their CL group.

Arsenal players may not have met high expectations this season, it does not suddenly mean Spuds players are better. Let them do it consistently and win something for a change. Then we can talk.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

There are two final positions in the Champion's league, winners and runners up, everybody is last by comparison. After a summer in which the squad was completed, Beloved is 18 points from pole. The question is, will Wenger breech the 20 behind barrier? Or does the mathematically possible manifest? Six wins from glory, come on Beloved.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... supremacy/

Great educational piece. Have a read.

Arsenal are way short of being in the financial elite on current spending on wages. Just when they thought they were close, the others have upped their spending.

Arsenal must continue the squad rebuild but with more elite players whilst keeping their current elite players. Alexis is not my cup of tea, but can we afford not to lose him?

Losing out on Kante, a player suited to our system and proven in our league must stop. If a player like Kante wants to join us in future, we must pay up. If not, we will continue to be below the best.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... supremacy/

Arsenal are way short of being in the financial elite on current spending on wages. Just when they thought they were close, the others have upped their spending.

Arsenal must continue the squad rebuild but with more elite players whilst keeping their current elite players. Alexis is not my cup of tea, but can we afford not to lose him?

Losing out on Kante, a player suited to our system and proven in our league must stop. If a player like Kante wants to join us in future, we must pay up. If not, we will continue to be below the best.
All this proves is that your so called plan failed. So other teams upped their spending? Well duh!!! What did you think Man U, Chelsea, City et al will do? Sit idly, twiddle their fingers, stroke their cocks and watch Arsenal? Only a complete 1diot would assume their rivals will sit idly watching and not continue to improve.

What a bunch of fools. Bloody wasted decade.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Sorry, Waffi. Your wayo knows no boundaries. The board and AW are to blame for Kante going to Chelsea, so na dat one you dey tok. AW and his scouts are to blame for Kante going to Leicester in the first place. That other people spend more than we do should not preclude intelligent scouting and catching potential stars early.

The most annoying thing is that I think Wenger purposely ignores these kinds of diamonds in the rough because he wants to stubbornly prove to the world that he can turn the likes of Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Walcott and Coq into world-class gems. Or maybe he chooses loyalty to them...after all, it never threatened his job until now. The man should go and sit down jo. Mourinho insults him, and we are the ones feeling the pain like someone has insulted our papa. But what does he do? Nothing.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:

All this proves is that your so called plan failed. So other teams upped their spending? Well duh!!! What did you think Man U, Chelsea, City et al will do? Sit idly, twiddle their fingers, stroke their cocks and watch Arsenal? Only a complete 1diot would assume their rivals will sit idly watching and not continue to improve.

What a bunch of fools. Bloody wasted decade.
Please someone call 911 ooooh,the true yemster,bro take a bow .
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Please my fellow gooners abeg someone should hurry and open our game thread befor bad belle people donit for us.
Also someone with luck not bad luck person.
Thanks
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Take your advice: STFU :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: about football matters and stick to abusing Arsene :mrgreen:
You're the one that needs to STFU. You come here biitching about this player and that player and how t useless they are and how we could've gotten this player or that player for maybe even cheaper. Yet the one guy that's most responsible for everything you complain about you give a pass to. Did Xhaka force Wenger to sign him? Do Özil, Giroud and Ramsey select themselves on the team sheet?

Please shut your inconsistent mouth abeg. Mschew!!!

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯