The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
Thunder wrote:Class act by the Arsenal. After the game, the Arsenal donated £50,000 to Sutton, presented Sutton with a silver cannon rather than pennant, and all the players left all their shirts in the away dressing room. While Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain signed autographs for their opponents.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah and the players proceeded to trash the Sutton locker room as they left :ohmy:

They left their jerseys and gear as souvenirs for the Sutton team...
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Holding needs to stop acting like John Stones
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Hopefully we can sell him at that price also
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

peron33uk wrote:
Cally wrote:
amafolas wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:From BBC
78 mins
More from the 'Wayne Shaw Is A Legend' files. Here he is eating a pie. During the game.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: English Football no go kill me!! This is outrageous!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
was half-expecting the guy to get heart attack right there. my god. on Fox sport, they even slow motioned him take YUGE bites
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Way too funny..
I laughed when i saw the guy and even my wife who doesn't watch football was shocked.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Arsenal would be crazy to sell that kid at all. Oodles of potential. Get rid of Alexis and Ozil before selling off Holding.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
At 50 million , Wenger and Gazidis will chauffeur him to the club sef :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

It has to be between Sampaoli & Jardim - for me it has to be Jardim with 3 - 4 Monaco players. Dude is a magic worker - something like 20 more goals scored than PSG after 26games - hello.
Last edited by tolahs on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

tolahs wrote:It has to be between Sampaoli & Jardim - for me it has to be Jardim with 3 - 4 Monaco players. Dude is a magic walker - something like 20 more goals scored than PSG after 26games - hello.
Simeone could be tempted to leave, add him to the list. Allegri too (though Juve are keen on him stying...if they win the UCL, he'll be open to leaving I imagine). There're options if Arsenal is serious about a fresh breath of air.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:It has to be between Sampaoli & Jardim - for me it has to be Jardim with 3 - 4 Monaco players. Dude is a magic worker - something like 20 more goals scored than PSG after 26games - hello.

And if he blew leads like his team did against City today you would be the first screaming bloody murder
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

platinum wrote:
tolahs wrote:It has to be between Sampaoli & Jardim - for me it has to be Jardim with 3 - 4 Monaco players. Dude is a magic walker - something like 20 more goals scored than PSG after 26games - hello.
Simeone could be tempted to leave, add him to the list. Allegri too (though Juve are keen on him styling...if they win the UCL, he'll be open to leaving I imagine). There're options if Arsenal is serious about a fresh breath of air.
Diego's a great defensive coach - struggles when expected to win the league - happened with River Plate - now he has to go more expansive at Athletico & his team ain't competing in the league.
Allegri - great tactician but struggles with big personalities - happened with Milan.
With Sevilla & Monacao - these guys have had to be creative with way less resources
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Arsenal would be crazy to sell that kid at all. Oodles of potential. Get rid of Alexis and Ozil before selling off Holding.
Oga Plat at 50 million Arsenal will be crazy not to sell.Wenger and the board will even sell and drive him to his new club even help look for him a nice house
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:It has to be between Sampaoli & Jardim - for me it has to be Jardim with 3 - 4 Monaco players. Dude is a magic worker - something like 20 more goals scored than PSG after 26games - hello.

And if he blew leads like his team did against City today you would be the first screaming bloody murder
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
platinum wrote:
Simeone could be tempted to leave, add him to the list. Allegri too (though Juve are keen on him styling...if they win the UCL, he'll be open to leaving I imagine). There're options if Arsenal is serious about a fresh breath of air.
Diego's a great defensive coach - struggles when expected to win the league - happened with River Plate - now he has to go more expansive at Athletico & his team ain't competing in the league.
Allegri - great tactician but struggles with big personalities - happened with Milan.
With Sevilla & Monacao - these guys have had to be creative with way less resources
The issue is Wenger is not going anywhere unless the fans force him out and he leave in a bad way.
Take Diego's to manage the team and wipe that weak mentality of the boys.Set up a strong defensive team with good counter attack footie when playing those big teams and give ball also to those mid table team that like to defend.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

tolahs wrote:
platinum wrote:
Arsenal doesn't need to be expansive. When Arsene came, he was perfect because the team was tilted a little too much to the rigid side and he brought flair and combined it with the material present. What Arsenal needs now is some serious discipline married to the flair players present. Make the boys run till they puke then run some more, that's Simeone. He'd stay for 3-4 seasons and move on.

Any one of those four would be electric. Allegri handled Pogba just fine. I've been a huge proponent of Sampaoli, marked his Sevilla team as one of my preseason upstarts before he even coached a game there, that's how highly I rate him.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Oga Plat at 50 million Arsenal will be crazy not to sell.Wenger and the board will even sell and drive him to his new club even help look for him a nice house

He's young, he's go lots to learn but if he continues at this rate, he'll be one of the best CBs in the league sooner rather than later. The kid has 'it'. You don't let that go for any money. Look at Man City's CB situation. Again, sell Alexis or Ozil before letting a young 21yr old super prospect slide. You can replace those two, you already know their ceiling. This young man? He could be worth more than John Stones some day and with the way prices are going, it'd be craziness.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:

I'll take what he has done with Monaco given the resources at his disposal over AW's performance against City all day. You can add being ahead of PSG who outplayed us by 20+ goals in the French league.
Have we shown the class this Monaco team did vs Spurs this season over 2 legs? See what this geezer is getting with that squad & compare our performances & output.
Last edited by tolahs on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I'll take what he has done with Monaco given the resources at his disposal over AW's performance against City all day. You can add being ahead of PSG who outplayed us by 20+ goals in the Goals ( French league} scored.
Have we shown the class this Monaco team did vs Spurs this season over 2 legs?

And what has Wenger done with the resources at his disposal when he had to sell to buy and fund a stadium? Sorry dude come up with a better argument

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I'll take what he has done with Monaco given the resources at his disposal over AW's performance against City all day. You can add being ahead of PSG who outplayed us by 20+ goals in the Goals ( French league} scored.

And what has Wenger done with the resources at his disposal when he had to sell to buy and fund a stadium? Sorry dude come up with a better argument
So our performance @Manc where we sat back scared & still got tired is better than Jardim being ahead of PSG in their league? I saw Spurs outplay us in our manor yet were handled twice by Monaco - i am convinced you're leg pulling - totally embarrassing to keep cutting AW slack. Gotta be a game to some of y'all.
All Monaco players left it all on the pitch - can you say that about our players under Arsenal-god!!!?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04tncyy

‘Arsenal should look at Jardim to replace Wenger’ - Julien Laurens
French football journalist Julien Laurens believes Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim should be considered as replacement for Arsene Wenger if the Frenchman decides to leave the Gunners this summer.

Laurens says Jardim “should be on Arsenal’s shortlist” as he sees the Portuguese coach having a future managing in England.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

platinum wrote:
tolahs wrote:
platinum wrote:
Arsenal doesn't need to be expansive. When Arsene came, he was perfect because the team was tilted a little too much to the rigid side and he brought flair and combined it with the material present. What Arsenal needs now is some serious discipline married to the flair players present. Make the boys run till they puke then run some more, that's Simeone. He'd stay for 3-4 seasons and move on.

Any one of those four would be electric. Allegri handled Pogba just fine. I've been a huge proponent of Sampaoli, marked his Sevilla team as one of my preseason upstarts before he even coached a game there, that's how highly I rate him.
Arsenal will be expansive at core for a while - that's what AW has put in the water. As close to the club DNA as you can get.
Diego's son last year said if he left Madrid, it'll be to Inter - i don't know that he speaks English.
But the point with his tenure at River Plate & league performances with Ath now speaks to how he performs when he ain't the underdog. As a few Spanish journos have said, we don't have the team for how he plays - he's mainly a counter attacker - the same style(if you will) that led to JM losing the Real Madrid players.
We need a disciplinarian not scared to bench non-performers - Diego meets that but Allegri keeps being flagged for man-management.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/ars ... at-arsenal

Massimiliano Allegri not ideal replacement for Wenger at Arsenal
-------------------------------------
Several weeks ago - an Italian journo(whose name i forget) made a strong case for Maurizio Sarri over Allegri for Arsenal.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Pie eating goalie resigns after FA came after him...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39045017
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

So our performance @Manc where we sat back scared & still got tired is better than Jardim being ahead of PSG in their league? I saw Spurs outplay us in our manor yet were handled twice by Monaco - i am convinced you're leg pulling - totally embarrassing to keep cutting AW slack. Gotta be a game to some of y'all.
All Monaco players left it all on the pitch - can you say that about our players under Arsenal-god!!!?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

French football journalist Julien Laurens believes Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim should be considered as replacement for Arsene Wenger if the Frenchman decides to leave the Gunners this summer.

Laurens says Jardim “should be on Arsenal’s shortlist” as he sees the Portuguese coach having a future managing in England.

Again you are moving the goal posts .... we are talking about the guy who you claimed you want because of what he has done in Lique1. Wenger did more at monaco when the league was rigged for Tapie and Marseille . Don't even need to mention what he has done in the EPL with kids.

I agree Wenger should leave at seasons barring a miracle turnaround but your premise for Jardim is so flawed homie, and I generally agree with your positions :idea:

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Again you are moving the goal posts .... we are talking about the guy who you claimed you want because of what he has done in Lique1. Wenger did more at monaco when the league was rigged for Tapie and Marseille . Don't even need to mention what he has done in the EPL with kids.

I agree Wenger should leave at seasons barring a miracle turnaround but your premise for Jardim is so flawed homie, and I generally agree with your positions :idea:
:agree: :agree: :agree:

Big admirer of Jardim, Allegri, Simeone, Tuncel, Hasenhuttl, Sampaoli etc etc

That said we can't ignore work done by Sporting directors at club such as Monaco, Juve, Atletico, Dortmund, Leipzig, Sevilla etc etc.

Rangnick, Giuseppe Marotta, Monchi, Michael Zorc, Andrea Berta all integral to clubs success, as are the superb scouting and development operations of said clubs.

Gooners must not fall into the trap of thinking "messiah" manager be it any of above mentioned names joins the Arsenal and voila Arsenal win everything.

Entire football infrastructure needs to be at very least reorganized, at worst entirely overhauled. Like many Gooners I feel AW and Arsenal should part ways come the summer but let's not underestimate the task at hand of a post AW era.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Big admirer of Jardim, Allegri, Simeone, Tuncel, Hasenhuttl, Sampaoli etc etc

That said we can't ignore work done by Sporting directors at club such as Monaco, Juve, Atletico, Dortmund, Leipzig, Sevilla etc etc.

Rangnick, Giuseppe Marotta, Monchi, Michael Zorc, Andrea Berta all integral to clubs success, as are the superb scouting and development operations of said clubs.

Gooners must not fall into the trap of thinking "messiah" manager be it any of above mentioned names joins the Arsenal and voila Arsenal win everything.

Entire football infrastructure needs to be at very least reorganized, at worst entirely overhauled. Like many Gooners I feel AW and Arsenal should part ways come the summer but let's not underestimate the task at hand of a post AW era.

Amen and Thank you ... nothing more to add :thumb:

MLK.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Thunder wrote:Class act by the Arsenal. After the game, the Arsenal donated £50,000 to Sutton, presented Sutton with a silver cannon rather than pennant, and all the players left all their shirts in the away dressing room. While Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain signed autographs for their opponents.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah and the players proceeded to trash the Sutton locker room as they left :ohmy:

They left their jerseys and gear as souvenirs for the Sutton team...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)