The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by danfo driver »

L'Équipe's @GillesFavard on Arsenal:

"We all know the story. 2 years ago he (Wenger) had a deal for Thomas Lemar & N'Golo Kanté for €15m. Both individuals were playing for SM Caen at the time. Would have been a sensational deal, whether or not Favard's claims are true.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Great question. Let me answer that for you:
[/video]
You want to know how Arsene Wenger did against these Bayern?

Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Diego Simeone: Again in the CL Semi Finals. This is an impressive resume.
I don't see how anyone would say that his resume is not one of the best in all of Europe in the last decade.
There is absolutely no way around this guy. This MUST be Arsenal's next coach.

Bepanda
Who were the two teams he beat in the knockout stages? Ok nothing spoil :woot:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:Don't wanna overhype him but every time I watch young Rob Holding I stand by my statements that I would have him alongside KOS, instead of GABRIEL and Mustafi
Game knows game,he was outstanding and is the reason Wenger is consider an expired coach.Why bench this kid for that fake German?PErez not starting,playing Ramsey every time he is fit.
The boy is good,no need to hype him,i hope he start FA cup game against City
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Heard Jack Wilshere is out for the season, and it's all Wenger's fault. :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bepanda wrote:Great question. Let me answer that for you:
[/video]

Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Diego Simeone: Again in the CL Semi Finals. This is an impressive resume.
I don't see how anyone would say that his resume is not one of the best in all of Europe in the last decade.

Bepanda
lol. How did Wenger fare against Monaco and PSV when we got matched up against them? Not to mention Atleti just beat the team that dusted Wenger/Arsenal to the EPL last season.

aniks is a dolt.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Wait Oh!!!!

Just thinking. Hasn't Arsenal already qualified for Europa league?

The FA cup winners qualify. But since the only teams are Chelsea, Spurs, City and Arsenal, if those 3 guarantee top 4 places then shouldn't that mean Arsenal will qualify?
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Beloved will not miss the UCL next season...a Bill Cosbying by Bayern has already been booked for March 2018, Kos' wife having gone into labour on the game's eve forcing his absence from the lineup.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

peron33uk wrote:Wait Oh!!!!

The FA cup winners qualify. But since the only teams are Chelsea, Spurs, City and Arsenal, if those 3 guarantee top 4 places then shouldn't that mean Arsenal will qualify?
Europa is on lockdown but we still have dreams to CL football.Target is City should drop points though we have more tough game than City,Manu and Liverpool to finish the season...
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

kajifu wrote:

Europa is on lockdown but we still have dreams to CL football.Target is City should drop points though we have more tough game than City,Manu and Liverpool to finish the season...
arc should just forget about UCL.....IMHO.....there is no point playing for 2nd round knockout year in and year out......
the gulf between us and the Bayern Munichs is of titanic proportions......talk less of the Real Madrids/Barcas
I remember when we were a bit higher than Athletico.......they earned their crust in the Europa cup.....look at them today
I say we should follow their route......there is no shame playing in the Europa cup, in terms, it is just as difficult.....
I see no problem with AFC playing in the Europa cup (and hopefully consistently doing well).....in the long run, we will be better for it
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

kajifu wrote:

Ok, that would make sense sha.

As much as i am hoping for CL footy next season. I have resigned myself to accept Europa as it could be a blessing in disguise.

Something that we can at least compete and win. Last time we made it there in 1999/2000 season, we got to the final and just narrowly lost on penalties after dominating the game thanks to superman goalkeeping by Taffarel.

Anyway let's see how things unfold.

I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

peron33uk wrote:
kajifu wrote:

As much as i am hoping for CL footy next season. I have resigned myself to accept Europa as it could be a blessing in disguise.

Something that we can at least compete and win. Last time we made it there in 1999/2000 season, we got to the final and just narrowly lost on penalties after dominating the game thanks to superman goalkeeping by Taffarel.

I see Arsenal finishing this season in 7th place. Will that be good enough for Europa League? I don't think so. Arsenal still has games against Southampton, Stoke, United and Spurs and on current form I see them dropping points in all these games and falling behind Everton.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

slyk wrote:
peron33uk wrote:
kajifu wrote:

I see Arsenal finishing this season in 7th place. Will that be good enough for Europa League? I don't think so. Arsenal still has games against Southampton, Stoke, United and Spurs and on current form I see them dropping points in all these games and falling behind Everton.
Yes but doesn't the winner of the FA cup qualify for Europa?

If so then even if we come 7th and we get knocked out of the FA cup and if Man City, Spurs and Chelsea get top 4, this means that there will be a vacant place for europa which i think will go to the highest placed team in the FA cup that didn't qualify for europe.

I think.

peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Here is a copy of the text:
How will the FA Cup affect teams?

The winners of the FA Cup qualify for the 2016/17 Europa League group stage - unless they have already qualified for Europe through other means.

That means that while Crystal Palace would take up that place if victorious at Wembley, Manchester United - should they secure European football with their league position - could win the cup and pass on a European spot to the next highest finisher in the Premier League who has not qualified for Europe.
This means that even if we come 7th, we should be ok.

Chei, i can't believe I'm thinking like this and I'm doing calculation like that.

How the mighty have fallen!!!

We suppose pick ourselves up sharp sharp.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

peron33uk wrote:Here is a copy of the text:

The winners of the FA Cup qualify for the 2016/17 Europa League group stage - unless they have already qualified for Europe through other means.

That means that while Crystal Palace would take up that place if victorious at Wembley, Manchester United - should they secure European football with their league position - could win the cup and pass on a European spot to the next highest finisher in the Premier League who has not qualified for Europe.

Chei, i can't believe I'm thinking like this and I'm doing calculation like that.

Na condition make crayfish bend :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bro it was coming,when few of us even complain that celebrating coming second when we were never in the title race but people were happy just finish above spurs.No one question Wenger for been poor,to me Europa Wenger will not still win it.Manu for some reason I feel might win the Europa and get to CL.Four more games for them to try their luck.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

The ruling that the losing team of a national cup final qualifies for Europa League was a relict from the Cup Winner's Cup. Each federation had to send one team to that competition so it made sense to award the spot to the losing finalist if the winner already qualified for the CL as the CL > Cup Winner's Cup. Since the Cup Winner's Cup is no longer played, the ruling was obsolete. I wonder why it took so long to adjust it though
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Er Pally,

I know you're stuttering and obsfuscating but we're talking about 2017 :woot: abi you dey shame to talk :tic: :laugh:

[/video]

Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:

Bepanda
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
[/video]

Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:

Bepanda
lol. How did Wenger fare against Monaco and PSV when we got matched up against them? Not to mention Atleti just beat the team that dusted Wenger/Arsenal to the EPL last season.

aniks is a dolt.

Nah you're the clueless donkey ...Typical!!!! Chiming in like a drive by retard :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

The mighty was once about private jets
He's now happy to get a spot in a danfo bus he ain't turned into an eco warrior either!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

3-4-3 F.A.S.F. vs ManC

Alexis Welbeck Ozil

Ox Coq Elneny Hector

Monreal Kos Holding

Cech

I like a system where Ox & Hector are our 2 main out balls - you cannot be resigned to just sitting deep vs ManC - turn them back & work their backline - beyond that we must fight to control possession - they're not counterattack specialists - they need the ball.
I prefer the defensive work of Coq & Elneny to Xhaka/Ramsey plus Elneny moves the ball better than Ramsey. whose runs from deep exposes Xhaka who's a foul prone tackler.
The three defenders in this set can calmly bring the ball from the back plus Monreal's lack of pace is less of a problem. the space between Coq & Elneny needs to be under control.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote:3-4-3 F.A.S.F. vs ManC

Alexis Welbeck Ozil

Ox Coq Elneny Hector

Monreal Kos Holding

Cech

I like a system where Ox & Hector are our 2 main out balls - you cannot be resigned to just sitting deep vs ManC - turn them back & work their backline - beyond that we must fight to control possession - they're not counterattack specialists - they need the ball.
I prefer the defensive work of Coq & Elneny to Xhaka/Ramsey plus Elneny moves the ball better than Ramsey. whose runs from deep exposes Xhaka who's a foul prone tackler.
The three defenders in this set can calmly bring the ball from the back plus Monreal's lack of pace is less of a problem. the space between Coq & Elneny needs to be under control.
Holding :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Glad to see the fanbase allowing a game against Boro (the most toothless attack in the League) cloud their judgement. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Thunder wrote:Heard Jack Wilshere is out for the season, and it's all Wenger's fault. :lol:
Coach called Jack's prone to injury years ago.....
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke