The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Gooner1 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Tough game against Leicester on Wednesday. Top 4 still a possibility if we can get 3 points.

this Waffi sef :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Abeg I dey wait for my favorite part of the year...the offseason when you give us sweet gists about who Arsenal wants to sign. I be junkie for those gists, and dem dey sweet me well well, even though na mostly fabu :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
......crack cocaine no good o!!
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Don't think I will be returning to that rubbish Wembley again. I have my ticket reserved for the final of course but at present, I want to sell it.

Apart from the warm £5.40 small Bottle beer, the facilities for children are horrid. Took 2 of my boys yesterday, apart from The Arsenal, Wembley is the ultimate rip off. If you lose at Wembley after spending all that money on the rubbish they offer at rip off prices, it must be horrible. As for the game programme, I told my boys no, I will rather give them the cash instead. A complete and total rip off.

My boys are hoping for a Wembley final, that's the only thing that will make me return.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
mikewezzy
Egg
Egg

Post by mikewezzy »

My people so would u give Mustafi a starting spot when healthy? If so who u go bench?
**** manchester united!!!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

mikewezzy wrote:My people so would u give Mustafi a starting spot when healthy? If so who u go bench?
He's no more an automatic choice - especially with Holding & Gab putting up top performances @wembley.
Gab seemed to be suffering from cramps towards the end of the match - we played ET & both teams looked fatigued -
we've got Leicester & then Spurs over the next 6days - we'll need to use our squad.

Giroud
Welbeck Theo
Gibbs Hector
Coq Elneny
Holding Kos Gabriel
Cech.

There's an argument for starting Welbeck in Giroud's place with Iwobi & Theo playing off the striker
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Tough game against Leicester on Wednesday. Top 4 still a possibility if we can get 3 points.

this Waffi sef :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Abeg I dey wait for my favorite part of the year...the offseason when you give us sweet gists about who Arsenal wants to sign. I be junkie for those gists, and dem dey sweet me well well, even though na mostly fabu :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

:D :D
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Looking at the table,city and Liverpool can be caught if they drop more points which i think they will.if we win out 3 games coming up that is beat Leicester, spurs and manu.We are in top 4 period.We just need to win all our games and that is hard consider the teams we are going to face.
Liverpool will drop points and i expect manu to do the same consider they have play more games with europa than any other team this seasons. No reason for us to allow manu finish ahead of us. City also look suspect and hope they deop points Manchester derby i hope it draw.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:Looking at the table,city and Liverpool can be caught if they drop more points which i think they will.if we win out 3 games coming up that is beat Leicester, spurs and manu.We are in top 4 period.We just need to win all our games and that is hard consider the teams we are going to face.
Liverpool will drop points and i expect manu to do the same consider they have play more games with europa than any other team this seasons. No reason for us to allow manu finish ahead of us. City also look suspect and hope they deop points Manchester derby i hope it draw.
beat LC, Spurs and Man U....just like dat. Ordinary West Brom una no fit beat.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:@TG, is like you are now shaking more than uncle Aniks...
Anything less than a victory today against City will be bad for the team as we have some few couple of tough matches coming on fast, Soton,spurs,Manu all in line.
Na wow for you o! Anything less than a victory? Based on what? I will be pleasantly surprised if we beat City, a superior team.
Like I say game knows game,FA cup is to Wenger like CL is to us true fans,With two games to win the oldest competition,dont expect Wenger to mess it up.
He tell his players anything less than victory is unacceptable.City draw was the best we get in semi.

you are too funny. Man City is a better team than Arsenal, but we match up favorably against them. I will agree with you if we do the same to Chelsea.
Like uncle Aniks will say game knows game.Chief even though you are a correct Igwe you heard it first here by Kajifu not in your palace that Arsenal will win FA cup.
Chelsea will go down,they should keep league we keep FA Cup.No way should Conte allow come and win double in his first season.
So no shaking,everyone count us out against City,they will still do the same against Chelsea.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

The England star is set to hold face-to-face talks this week with boss Arsene Wenger about his future.

Wenger loaned the 25-year-old to Bournemouth at the start of the season.

But there has been no interest from the Cherries, or any other clubs in the Premier League, in trying to sign Wilshere on a permanent deal this summer.

And that could force the England midfielder to contemplate a lucrative move to China if the Arsenal talks go badly.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... ague-China
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Marseille want to sign Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, 30, and could also be interested in deals for two other England-based France internationals - midfielder Yohan Cabaye, 31, and their 32-year-old former goalkeeper Steve Mandanda from Crystal Palace. (France Football - in French)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Throw back my people,beloved was at the top of their game on this day.
On this day...
In 2006 Jens Lehmann saved a late Juan Roman Riquelme penalty as Arsenal claimed a goalless draw at Villarreal to seal their place in the Champions League final. After dusted Real Madrid earlier before facing Villarreal with star man Rquelme
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:The England star is set to hold face-to-face talks this week with boss Arsene Wenger about his future.

But there has been no interest from the Cherries, or any other clubs in the Premier League, in trying to sign Wilshere on a permanent deal this summer.

And that could force the England midfielder to contemplate a lucrative move to China if the Arsenal talks go badly.
I wouldn't take the star seriously but if Jack is considering going to China, it means he has given up on trying to be a bonafide pro.
Given his total lack of fitness repping England in France last summer, he come a long way play some 30 matches this season. after the injury, he should be training to become the fittest he has ever been coming to preseason camp - the ball work will come - is he willing to do the work??
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could feature against Leicester on Wednesday, despite leaving Wembley on crutches after Sunday's FA Cup semi-final win over Manchester City.

"It was precautionary.It is not a bad injury and we will test him today," said Arsene Wenger.

He added: "Nobody was really injured after the game
Hmmm Oga Wenger if he is not fit keep him to rest and ready for the weekend game against spurs.Please no do rush rush like small boy zidan and Bale is out again...
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:The England star is set to hold face-to-face talks this week with boss Arsene Wenger about his future.

I wouldn't take the star seriously but if Jack is considering going to China, it means he has given up on trying to be a bonafide pro.
Given his total lack of fitness repping England in France last summer, he come a long way play some 30 matches this season. after the injury, he should be training to become the fittest he has ever been coming to preseason camp - the ball work will come - is he willing to do the work??
Bros if china offer him 250 k a week he should go sign 5 years play and ready for his kid future.When you get many injuries like that some time you just have to rethink.Coach said he will never be fine and he should take beloved to club.
Also Jack will not be ready for preseason.Jack would not have play so many games under Wenger because of our bad method of training players.Our system forced players to get expose to injuries,LVG also has that method of training
Last edited by kajifu on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

The wait goes on for Arsenal. The last time we won the Premier League was a whooping 13 years ago. It was on this day in April 25 2004 that we sealed the title after a 2-2 draw with Tottenham at White Hart Lane.Beloved was the best team in England and on same level with likes of barca but edge Barca Bayern.Wow the mighty has fallen but we got emirate to show for.....
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My fellow gooners lets today we celebrate two things in our club history,We make CL final for the first time years ago today and also today exactly 13 years we win the league go all season with open yash
Lastly we win it at the Lane.
Arsenal for life
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:Looking at the table,city and Liverpool can be caught if they drop more points which i think they will.if we win out 3 games coming up that is beat Leicester, spurs and manu.We are in top 4 period.We just need to win all our games and that is hard consider the teams we are going to face.
beat LC, Spurs and Man U....just like dat. Ordinary West Brom una no fit beat.
But Egbon, football no be mathematics...We no beat ordinary West Brom but then beat the almighty city...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Many Arsenal fans are schizophrenic and delusional, ALL thanks to Papa Wenger. He has given soo much that people now take it for granted. Long live the Prof. Wenger.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nkume wrote:Many Arsenal fans are schizophrenic and delusional, ALL thanks to Papa Wenger. He has given soo much that people now take it for granted. Long live the Prof. Wenger.

feel free to go and support Leicester, and create a statue for Ranieri.

Some of us Arsenal fans WANT to win, and not to be struggling for 4th yearly and be content just because once upon a time, AW used to win the EPL for fun.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its interesting to see all Arsenal fans waxing lyrical about Oxlade-Chamberlin. Mhm.. una eye don open! I have been telling you guys about him for years now... finally, una eye don open. I told you that Ox's problem is that he is playing a system that is absolutely against his natural instincts and talent. He is a counter attacking player, and asking him to play in a possession system is stupid. Its like how Liverpool fans wanted Moses to thrive in Brendan Rodgers' system. :shock:

Anyway, most likely, you guys will lose him this summer, as he has just one year left on his contract. shame.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Its interesting to see all Arsenal fans waxing lyrical about Oxlade-Chamberlin. Mhm.. una eye don open! I have been telling you guys about him for years now... finally, una eye don open. I told you that Ox's problem is that he is playing a system that is absolutely against his natural instincts and talent. He is a counter attacking player, and asking him to play in a possession system is stupid. Its like how Liverpool fans wanted Moses to thrive in Brendan Rodgers' system. :shock:

Anyway, most likely, you guys will lose him this summer, as he has just one year left on his contract. shame.
:agree: the issue has been Wenger,most players are wasted under him in recent years.Look how guys like Ramsey playing every day.OX will be an Arsenal player next year,i know your man want him so bad at Manu.But Wenger has decided never to sell players to any club Jose is incharge unless is Pogba kind of money
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:Many Arsenal fans are schizophrenic and delusional, ALL thanks to Papa Wenger. He has given soo much that people now take it for granted. Long live the Prof. Wenger.
Dude hold your self biko,enough with this your hype of Wenger.WTF
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

21 points adrift. As it stands, Beloved needs to win every game to go level on points with Chelsea. #WeWillBeStrong.

It was always about the FA Cup. #NobodySawitComing