The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by bepanda »

So, what we are saying here is that ... as long as there are teams who outspend us in the CL, we have no chance of winning the CL, because we will eventually meet one of them and we have shown incapable of beating them.

Chelsea, Man U., Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Juventus, PSG, Man City, Liverpool, Inter Milan, FC Barcelona, ... etc are NOT going to stop spending money.
How does Atletico Madrid do it? How does Monaco do it? Maybe they have coaches, who actually understand how to get their players to compete without looking at the salaries of the people lining up against them?

Bepanda
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:So, what we are saying here is that ... as long as there are teams who outspend us in the CL, we have no chance of winning the CL, because we will eventually meet one of them and we have shown incapable of beating them.

Chelsea, Man U., Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Juventus, PSG, Man City, Liverpool, Inter Milan, FC Barcelona, ... etc are NOT going to stop spending money.
How does Atletico Madrid do it? How does Monaco do it? Maybe they have coaches, who actually understand how to get their players to compete without looking at the salaries of the people lining up against them?

Bepanda
Question should be how much each manager is earning.Arsenal is paying Wenger almost twice what Atleti is paying Diego, Monaco, Dortmund paying their coach less even psg money miss toad i think their coach is not making what Wenger is on a yearly base.Wenger earn more than barca,real coach etc
What is his return since been on 8 .5 millions a year for almost 8 years plus?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Nkume wrote:Many Arsenal fans are schizophrenic and delusional, ALL thanks to Papa Wenger. He has given soo much that people now take it for granted. Long live the Prof. Wenger.

feel free to go and support Leicester, and create a statue for Ranieri.

Some of us Arsenal fans WANT to win, and not to be struggling for 4th yearly and be content just because once upon a time, AW used to win the EPL for fun.
Try to win with his resources he has when compared to the teams who have since he came to Arsenal. It took Leicester 135 years with their resources. Arsenal has won the EPL 3 times under him despite having the handicap of inferior money both in transfers and wages thanks to him.

Many say Wenger has refused to sign a contract because the club will not pay up for Ozil and Sanchez. The club are also ready to cash in by selling to a rival. How can you win the league when you are forced to consistently sell your best players?

Wenger won league titles by keeping his best players. He has won trophies recently by keeping his best players, but he needs more to win the league. Instead we are hearing the club will lose their 2 best players instead of adding more.

Studies already showing Chelski had the lest injuries and played the same players the most times. Just like Leicester last season. Arsenal still by miles with the worst injury record of the top teams. Chelski with their squad still dropped points when they had disruptions but Arsenal have done excellent to be in top 4 with the injuries and squad quality in the last 4 seasons. This season, it looks like it might finally catch up with them.

You pay for what you get most of the time in the modern game, go look at Chelski's options in midfield and what they are paid when compared to Arsenal. If only we signed Kante eh? Chelski's wage bill for the 2014/15 season was £24m more than Arsenal's wages bill for the 2015/16 season. Think about it. Yet you all feel Arsenal are entitled to win the league, on what basis? It is a false sense of entitlement no other manager can fix unless we invest like the others in our squad.

In the CL, apart from 2 or 3 times, since we reached the final, Arsenal have consistently being knocked out by teams who have spent way more than us in wages and transfers. Bayern in the last 2 seasons outspent Arsenal considerably in wages alone. The fact remains, unless we get a lucky draw, getting out of the group stages is our true level until we are willing to invest a lot more on considerably better players. Do you see Bayern lose their best players to other teams in Europe consistently? If only Arsenal are like them eh?

LVG did not make top 4 cos of injury problems in his final season, but their injury problems that season was better than Arsenal with an inferior squad.

Henry recently revealed he stayed at Arsenal despite Chekski amongst others offering to treble his Arsenal wages. Sadly for Arsenal, Henry is one of a kind.

Wenger's achievements has created a false sense of entitlement amongst some supporters but he remains our best bet for league glory given our inferior resources. Give Wenger the same resources his rivals have at Chelski, ManU and City, none of them will be able to compete with him.

I'm pretty sure you remember all your words and proclamations about how Arsenal is now ready to compete. Wetin happen?
We were competiting and progressing until we decided not to pony up for Kante and not to meet the wage demands of Ozil and Sanchez.

We need to improve, we cannot continue doing it on the cheap.

BTW! I noticed you have not contested any factual statement I have made. Not a surprise, it does not suit your Wenger out agenda.

Blaming Wenger is pointless, it is something the Emirates faithful know only too well. It is why they have stuck with Wenger so far. We competed for a while and won silverware, the others have upped their game and if we are not willing to match them, then we hope Wenger goes nowhere because no one can do the job he is doing on that resources. But it seems Wenger is not willing to continue competing with financial handicap.

When he goes, I will watch to see how soon before you all here start calling for the new Manager's head.
I didn't address your individual points because I'm not in the mood for debating things that have been debated times after time. Sometimes it's best to let to slide by.

Wenger out agenda? Opposed to "Wenger must die on the throne" agenda?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So Oga Plat your agenda is "Wenger must die on the throne"
Chai you really no mean well for t he French man and to think that is what he w anted so why am I surprise.
Hope Sunday we beat Spurs
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Nkume wrote:Many Arsenal fans are schizophrenic and delusional, ALL thanks to Papa Wenger. He has given soo much that people now take it for granted. Long live the Prof. Wenger.

feel free to go and support Leicester, and create a statue for Ranieri.

Some of us Arsenal fans WANT to win, and not to be struggling for 4th yearly and be content just because once upon a time, AW used to win the EPL for fun.
Try to win with his resources he has when compared to the teams who have since he came to Arsenal. It took Leicester 135 years with their resources. Arsenal has won the EPL 3 times under him despite having the handicap of inferior money both in transfers and wages thanks to him.

Many say Wenger has refused to sign a contract because the club will not pay up for Ozil and Sanchez. The club are also ready to cash in by selling to a rival. How can you win the league when you are forced to consistently sell your best players?

Wenger won league titles by keeping his best players. He has won trophies recently by keeping his best players, but he needs more to win the league. Instead we are hearing the club will lose their 2 best players instead of adding more.

Studies already showing Chelski had the lest injuries and played the same players the most times. Just like Leicester last season. Arsenal still by miles with the worst injury record of the top teams. Chelski with their squad still dropped points when they had disruptions but Arsenal have done excellent to be in top 4 with the injuries and squad quality in the last 4 seasons. This season, it looks like it might finally catch up with them.

You pay for what you get most of the time in the modern game, go look at Chelski's options in midfield and what they are paid when compared to Arsenal. If only we signed Kante eh? Chelski's wage bill for the 2014/15 season was £24m more than Arsenal's wages bill for the 2015/16 season. Think about it. Yet you all feel Arsenal are entitled to win the league, on what basis? It is a false sense of entitlement no other manager can fix unless we invest like the others in our squad.

In the CL, apart from 2 or 3 times, since we reached the final, Arsenal have consistently being knocked out by teams who have spent way more than us in wages and transfers. Bayern in the last 2 seasons outspent Arsenal considerably in wages alone. The fact remains, unless we get a lucky draw, getting out of the group stages is our true level until we are willing to invest a lot more on considerably better players. Do you see Bayern lose their best players to other teams in Europe consistently? If only Arsenal are like them eh?

LVG did not make top 4 cos of injury problems in his final season, but their injury problems that season was better than Arsenal with an inferior squad.

Henry recently revealed he stayed at Arsenal despite Chekski amongst others offering to treble his Arsenal wages. Sadly for Arsenal, Henry is one of a kind.

Wenger's achievements has created a false sense of entitlement amongst some supporters but he remains our best bet for league glory given our inferior resources. Give Wenger the same resources his rivals have at Chelski, ManU and City, none of them will be able to compete with him.

I'm pretty sure you remember all your words and proclamations about how Arsenal is now ready to compete. Wetin happen?
We were competiting and progressing until we decided not to pony up for Kante and not to meet the wage demands of Ozil and Sanchez.

We need to improve, we cannot continue doing it on the cheap.

BTW! I noticed you have not contested any factual statement I have made. Not a surprise, it does not suit your Wenger out agenda.

Blaming Wenger is pointless, it is something the Emirates faithful know only too well. It is why they have stuck with Wenger so far. We competed for a while and won silverware, the others have upped their game and if we are not willing to match them, then we hope Wenger goes nowhere because no one can do the job he is doing on that resources. But it seems Wenger is not willing to continue competing with financial handicap.

When he goes, I will watch to see how soon before you all here start calling for the new Manager's head.
I didn't address your individual points because I'm not in the mood for debating things that have been debated times after time. Sometimes it's best to let to slide by.

Wenger out agenda? Opposed to "Wenger must die on the throne" agenda?
Besides, did I ever say we can compete with City, Chelski and ManU financially?

Of course I never did. Truth be told, financially we are not at their level.

So your comments are wrong.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
theYemster wrote:Looks like it's official, Chelsea sign Kante. That's the difference between a serious ball club and Arsenal. Even giving up champions league footy.

no surprises here...some teams "look at" players, while others actually sign them. Arsenal has a habit of looking for excuses not to sign players...they are too expensive, they are 29 yrs old, they will stunt the growth of Zelalem, we already have The Ox who is flying in training and can play all positions, etc.
Why do you guys just want to dump on the team you support? Is it because the club will not sign the player you want?

This transfer has been on way before the window. Chelski have been trying to sign the player since the window. PSG lost out because the player did not want to return to Ligue 1 but Chelski still paid the amount PSG offered for the player. If you guys think deals like this are done quickly, then you really do not have a clue how the transfer system works. It is not easy to sign players. Why? All sides want the best deal for themselves.
Waffi Gooners have every right to feel aggravated. The ghosts of summers windows past ensures the club has lost benefit of any doubt from Gooners, Arsenal asked for patience during era of austerity and by in large Gooners acquiesced.

For years during era of austerity Gooners were told Arsenal would have to wait until CL playoff was completed and CL group stage football secured before club could spend and yet often after with CL football secured spending remained largely negligible. The current financials+future income are self explanatory, yet with PL season less than a month away despite obvious deficiencies in squad AW has bought only 1 senior player into the fold.

Add in NT exertions on likes of Ozil, Giroud, Sanchez, Kos, Ramsey+ season long injury to Welbeck Arsenal are heading into the 1st month of the season significantly undermanned and fatigued. Arsenal and AW can do as they wish but what they have no rights whatsoever on is Gooners patience and understanding, that ship sailed eons ago.
I don't feel aggravated, I look at the squad and I feel confident. Kante is a player I like but we got Xhaka, who is more of the type of player we needed. Arsenal have other priorities and the are pursuing it. I look at my club and trust those who run the club. I do not look at other and use them as a barometer for my club.

In Wenger I trust.
Like the saying always go,game knows game,Kante is about to win back to back EPL
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:Wenger won league titles by keeping his best players. He has won trophies recently by keeping his best players, but he needs more to win the league. Instead we are hearing the club will lose their 2 best players instead of adding more.
No. Wenger won league titles because he had only Manchester United to compete with. He won (FA Cup) trophies recently cos we lucked out on opposition. You win the FA Cup by winning five games. Three of those were against non and lower league opposition. City was the first EPL team we faced and we're in the final. Two seasons ago I bribe we played only two EPL teams as well en route to the Cup win. Go figure. It's a welcome development but nothing worth bragging about. Certainly not for someone pocketing £8+ million/year.
Waffiman wrote: Studies already showing Chelski had the lest injuries and played the same players the most times. Just like Leicester last season. Arsenal still by miles with the worst injury record of the top teams. Chelski with their squad still dropped points when they had disruptions but Arsenal have done excellent to be in top 4 with the injuries and squad quality in the last 4 seasons. This season, it looks like it might finally catch up with them.
Please STFU. Did I not often enough tell you how fragile most of Arsenal players were? The last time they were in Malaysia I listed all the injury prone players and you popped off your usual nonsense about trusting Wenger. You and PapaK even took a pop see me cos Arteta played 30 minutes of their final game against Everton. Now you're talking about Chelsea not having injury issues. Well duh!!! They don't sign and continue to harbor biscuit boned wimps. Abeg shut it and stop lying foolishly.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Wenger won league titles by keeping his best players. He has won trophies recently by keeping his best players, but he needs more to win the league. Instead we are hearing the club will lose their 2 best players instead of adding more.
No. Wenger won league titles because he had only Manchester United to compete with. He won (FA Cup) trophies recently cos we lucked out on opposition. You win the FA Cup by winning five games. Three of those were against non and lower league opposition. City was the first EPL team we faced and we're in the final. Two seasons ago I bribe we played only two EPL teams as well en route to the Cup win. Go figure. It's a welcome development but nothing worth bragging about. Certainly not for someone pocketing £8+ million/year.
Waffiman wrote: Studies already showing Chelski had the lest injuries and played the same players the most times. Just like Leicester last season. Arsenal still by miles with the worst injury record of the top teams. Chelski with their squad still dropped points when they had disruptions but Arsenal have done excellent to be in top 4 with the injuries and squad quality in the last 4 seasons. This season, it looks like it might finally catch up with them.
Please STFU. Did I not often enough tell you how fragile most of Arsenal players were? The last time they were in Malaysia I listed all the injury prone players and you popped off your usual nonsense about trusting Wenger. You and PapaK even took a pop see me cos Arteta played 30 minutes of their final game against Everton. Now you're talking about Chelsea not having injury issues. Well duh!!! They don't sign and continue to harbor biscuit boned wimps. Abeg shut it and stop lying foolishly.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks for been one of the honest fans who keep exposing the lies.
Just few pages ago we should have won the league if the board had sign Kante the player Wenger wanted ,before season start we got Xhaka who is more if what we need.
United are ahead of us and has more key player out,spurs also had injuries from their key players and are doing well.We have our main man Santi out and season turn upside down....
I remember we won the FA cup without playing any game outside London the first fa cup when Ozil arrived
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:All i see here is an Agent trying to drum up a bidding war. Arsenal doesn't play that. Mhiki isn't happening.
Sadly, it is not. :mad: :evil:
If there is mutual admiration from both sides as I suspect.....we have to do whatever it takes to make the deal happen! If Dortmund want to talk...Like Cesc, Cazorla and Ozil you look at Mikhi and Marco Reus and you think these lads should play for Arsenal. Gundogan too pre injuries....

It is hard to understand having to put up with a substandard forward like Walcott on £140 grand a week, then hearing that we wont go for the player we need because Mr X is his agent.....That is not a organisation doing everything to succeed :idea: ..If you don't do what is necessary somebody else with a greater desire to do what is necessary will succeed! And you will be left frustrated as we have been in recent seasons...

It won't be funny if Manure brings in players like Zlatan and Mikhi over the next 1-2 years and are challenging for the title while we remain in the same place as the "almost" team...we have already seen guys like Walcott and the OX cannot be relied on!
Correction, Theo is not on £140,000 per week. That is a pile of BS. Do not forget Theo was in the final year of his contract and could have left on a free but turned down Ferguson who offered more than Arsenal.

Theo re-signed on a Bosman deal for a package worth £140,000 per week. This means, his signing on fee, loyalty bonus and Agent fee put the package to re-sign Theo at £140,000 per week. His actual salary is £120,000 per week over 4 years. He turned down considerably more from Liverpool and ManU to stay at Arsenal. When he did, he also saved us a lot of face after losing the likes of RvP, Nasri, Cesc etc. Theo was next in line and the club some how persuaded him to stay. By staying, Theo has ensured the club will get some good money if they decide to sell him.

He may not be flavour of the season but many Arsenal fans have not forgotten this very act by Theo and still want him at the club. I believe Wenger still wants him and this act of loyalty will mean Theo gets another chance next season.

ManU can bring in whoever they want, so long as we bring in our own, I'm cool.
For the argument skylolo is making, I'm not sure £120k/week makes that much of a difference to £140k.

Theo IMO isn't worth more than 40 grand a week...that's if he's not even on a pay as you play deal sef.
IMHO, knowing what footballers of similar ability to Theo earns at other CL clubs, it is the going rate. When you consider he could have gone on a free, Arsenal got a good deal especially if they sell him this summer.
Theo is nothing more than an exaggerated gazelle that's English and talks.
Spot on about Theo,imagine he was an African player,
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Wenger on a 'power shift' in north London: "The weight of 1 year is not the same as the weight of 20 years." #afc
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

No. Wenger won league titles because he had only Manchester United to compete with. He won (FA Cup) trophies recently cos we lucked out on opposition.
You win the FA Cup by winning five games. Three of those were against non and lower league opposition. City was the first EPL team we faced and we're in the final. Two seasons ago I bribe we played only two EPL teams as well en route to the Cup win. Go figure.
You always know that when the subject comes strictly to soccer that this clown will always expose his idiocy... what arrant nonsense . Do you even understand how knockout, one off tournaments work? Sometimes your sheer cluelessness despite its continual cycle of repetition, never erases to amaze me :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

In case you haven't noticed in a one off game you are always prone to have upsets because the top teams hardly ever use their best 11, making it more or less a battle of the squads. Hence Bradford city going to Stamford Bridge and shocking Mourinho or Flopp (your goddess) getting smacked at anfield this year.

Only a clown Moron would dismiss an FA cup run by saying, it's just a simple matter of winning five games ...: another exhibit of what a simpleton you are :rotf:

I guess when Arsenal beat a red hot Liverpool in their pomp with a barrage of injuries, whilst Sturridge and Suarez were smoking counts for nothing? Or when they followed up and beat a red hot Everton team en route to the finals ????

Or is it going to Old Trafford where they hadn't won in ages and Holding their nerve to clinch a quarter final win count for nothing?

You are clearly a dunce. Like you said earlier STFU :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:And in Beijing Abumeyang has made it 2-0 to Dirtmund after just 35 mins :laugh:
Seeing more 1st team players arrive has me buzzing for the start of the season. Now need to go get the latest kits and wears. I am convinced we will have a very, very good season.

Has this narrative from you been any different over the past decade ? :woot: were you not the one puffing out your chest and getting people all throughout last season :rotf: :rotf:

Waffi you never learn :rotf:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Game knows game,uncle Aniks take a bow hope you continue your job to teach them the game :clap:
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

anikulapo wrote:
No. Wenger won league titles because he had only Manchester United to compete with. He won (FA Cup) trophies recently cos we lucked out on opposition.
You win the FA Cup by winning five games. Three of those were against non and lower league opposition. City was the first EPL team we faced and we're in the final. Two seasons ago I bribe we played only two EPL teams as well en route to the Cup win. Go figure.
You always know that when the subject comes strictly to soccer that this clown will always expose his idiocy... what arrant nonsense . Do you even understand how knockout, one off tournaments work? Sometimes your sheer cluelessness despite its continual cycle of repetition, never erases to amaze me :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

In case you haven't noticed in a one off game you are always prone to have upsets because the top teams hardly ever use their best 11, making it more or less a battle of the squads. Hence Bradford city going to Stamford Bridge and shocking Mourinho or Flopp (your goddess) getting smacked at anfield this year.

Only a clown Moron would dismiss an FA cup run by saying, it's just a simple matter of winning five games ...: another exhibit of what a simpleton you are :rotf:

I guess when Arsenal beat a red hot Liverpool in their pomp with a barrage of injuries, whilst Sturridge and Suarez were smoking counts for nothing? Or when they followed up and beat a red hot Everton team en route to the finals ????

Or is it going to Old Trafford where they hadn't won in ages and Holding their nerve to clinch a quarter final win count for nothing?

and we actually beat Southampton in FA cup this season. Or is he saying Southampton have been relegated from EPL?
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

My mind is mainly about Sunday - biggie. Too many people are slightly discouraged cos we didn't run thru LCFC - y'all forget they're a poppin' team which had a week to prepare. Palace were coming off a big win @anfield but were physically short at home vs Spurs.
It was nice to see AW leave Ramsey on the bench - hope he doesn't start vs Spurs - he's slow to release the ball - they've an aggressive midfield.
I'll leave Hector @right wingback but move Ox to a front 3 spot in place of TW.
If you play Monreal as LWB - too much work for old legs - i'll play him like Weds as CB with Gibbs as wing back - love Hollding- would start him if Kos can't make it but Gab has played RB so backing up Hector who is at wingback creates a better balance.
Midfield, Xhaka must be smart but also protected with someone with a defensive work ethic:(Coq or Elneny) - but Ozil can play a bit deeper if Ox is central. we wait

Alexis Welbeck Ox
Gibbs Ozil Xhaka Hector
Monreal Kos Gabriel
Cech

You've to pick a team that wouldn't concede a goal early but with enough pace to push them back - we must be in it @60mins - cannot afford to start like a bunch of war objectors!!! C.O.Y.G.!!!!
Last edited by tolahs on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

blah blah 2millions pages..just beat Spurs on Sunday abeg
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

paj wrote:blah blah 2millions pages..just beat Spurs on Sunday abeg
Pa
Stop begging. Your respect for Spurs is showing through your fears. You could barely watch the game against Southampton at 2-1. Now you're begging when all you need do is take care of your own business.

You're doubting if your team can win all their remaining games and fearful Spurs might win all of thiers. That is respect. :rotf:

The Arsenal you've heaped so much insult on now you're crawling on your knuckles like a ganja crazed baboon, begging :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

tolahs wrote:My mind is mainly about Sunday - biggie. Too many people are slightly discouraged cos we didn't run thru LCFC - y'all forget they're a poppin' team which had a week to prepare. Palace were coming off a big win @anfield but were physically short at home vs Spurs.
It was nice to see AW leave Ramsey on the bench - hope he doesn't start vs Spurs - he's slow to release the ball - they've an aggressive midfield.
If you play Monreal as LWB - too much work for old legs - i'll play him like Weds as CB with Gibbs as wing back - love Hollding- would start him if Kos can't make it but Gab has played RB so backing up Hector who is at wingback creates a better balance.
Midfield, Xhaka must be smart but also protected with someone with a defensive work ethic:(Coq or Elneny) - but Ozil can play a bit deeper if Ox is central. we wait

Alexis Welbeck Ox
Gibbs Ozil Xhaka Hector
Monreal Kos Gabriel
Cech

You've to pick a team that wouldn't concede a goal early but with enough pace to push them back - we must be in it @60mins - cannot afford to start like a bunch of war objectors!!! C.O.Y.G.!!!!
Spuds will eat that team of yours up there for dinner. Where is the midfield.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:My mind is mainly about Sunday - biggie. Too many people are slightly discouraged cos we didn't run thru LCFC - y'all forget they're a poppin' team which had a week to prepare. Palace were coming off a big win @anfield but were physically short at home vs Spurs.

Alexis Welbeck Ox
Gibbs Ozil Xhaka Hector
Monreal Kos Gabriel
Cech

You want to play Lead footed Xhaka and lazy bones Droopy in the middle against Toto? Dear Land save us from these internet coaches :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

"Never argue with an 1d1ot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I've decided long ago to stop arguing with 1d1ots who claim to be Arsenal supporters.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
paj wrote:blah blah 2millions pages..just beat Spurs on Sunday abeg
Pa
Stop begging. Your respect for Spurs is showing through your fears. You could barely watch the game against Southampton at 2-1. Now you're begging when all you need do is take care of your own business.

You're doubting if your team can win all their remaining games and fearful Spurs might win all of thiers. That is respect. :rotf:

The Arsenal you've heaped so much insult on now you're crawling on your knuckles like a ganja crazed baboon, begging :rotf:
What insults? An Arsenal supporting Chelski supporter cannot insult, he speaks with a forked tongue.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

So, Sanni Wengbacha, having called audience, hails 3-4-3 the best system for his players...and yet waited till falling 20 or so points behind Chelsea before deploying what he considers, the best system for his squad. The whipped cream and cherry ontop comes in the form of the following quip "I was going to introduce it 6 weeks ago". So, the best system for the squad, by his own opinion, is thought of 6 weeks ago, but deployment is delayed until Bayern have buggered and Chelsea have opened up a bigger gap than abducting Annabel Chong's thighs.

In other news, night vigiling Agnes, continued her 40 day fast today, in hope for an end to her 3 years of infertility. She has also removed the Implanon poking out the side of her arm to allow greater dexterity when banging the tambourine. #Wengerian.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I HOPE this is true. But will NOT hold my breath.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nkume wrote:I HOPE this is true. But will NOT hold my breath.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
I a surprised you are even bothering with this. The only way Arsenal signs him if he wasn't yet known, or if the bigger teams are not interested.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."