The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by theYemster »

Gooner1 wrote:why do you guys go thru the same routine every summer, only to be disappointed by feb, 15+ its behind the leaders..... :huh:
:D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

M'Bappe's family have told Monaco they are willing to review offers made for their son. Club has allowed them to speak to interested clubs.

Mbappé has told Monaco he wants to leave and they are ready to grant his wish with Arsenal and Madrid frontrunners. (L'Équipe)
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:M'Bappe's family have told Monaco they are willing to review offers made for their son. Club has allowed them to speak to interested clubs.

Mbappé has told Monaco he wants to leave and they are ready to grant his wish with Arsenal and Madrid frontrunners. (L'Équipe)
:D :D :D
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

ARSENAL MAKE LACAZETTE BID

Arsenal have made a bid for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette, according to their president Jean-Michel Aulas.

Arsene Wenger has been constantly linked with a move for the Frenchman.

“Alexandre Lacazette was told he could leave. We had negotiations with Atletico," the president told Goal.com.

"Things did not work out. We now have a very nice offer from Arsenal. But for us he will not leave.”

Sauce: Sky Sports
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:ARSENAL MAKE LACAZETTE BID

Arsenal have made a bid for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette, according to their president Jean-Michel Aulas.

“Alexandre Lacazette was told he could leave. We had negotiations with Atletico," the president told Goal.com.

"Things did not work out. We now have a very nice offer from Arsenal. But for us he will not leave.”

:roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:#WHYNOTMBAPPE
Lemar is rumoured to be one midfielder we are after.

Apparently, we want a striker and 2 midfielders.
:lol: it is that time of the year when Arsenal wants everybody until the remember that a player who just recovered from injury is as good as a new player. You dont need Lemar or Lamar, Santi will be back as new.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsenal are the best judge of who they need - not you. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Na rumours and speculation. It is up to everyone to treat them how they see fit. :laugh: :laugh:

Finally, you may not have noticed, but Arsenal has spent money in rebuilding their squad in recent windows.

Since Ozil, there has been Sanchez, Welbeck, Gabriel, Debuchy, Chambers, Rene Adelaide, Elneny, Cech, Xhaka, Mustaphi, Perez, Holding.

They have won 3 FA Cups too. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

:roll:
Aulas is looking to up the price, rumours are Athletico Madrid desperate for the player.

He will score 20 goals easily in any top team. Gives us exactly what we need. An alternative to Giroud.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:lol: it is that time of the year when Arsenal wants everybody until the remember that a player who just recovered from injury is as good as a new player. You dont need Lemar or Lamar, Santi will be back as new.
Arsenal are the best judge of who they need - not you. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Na rumours and speculation. It is up to everyone to treat them how they see fit. :laugh: :laugh:

Finally, you may not have noticed, but Arsenal has spent money in rebuilding their squad in recent windows.

Since Ozil, there has been Sanchez, Welbeck, Gabriel, Debuchy, Chambers, Rene Adelaide, Elneny, Cech, Xhaka, Mustaphi, Perez, Holding.

....don't forget the charity shields :roll:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

If it is good enough for your hero Mourinho, who counts it as a major trophy, surely by your hypocritical standards, it is good enough for Arsenal. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Emirates Cups nko?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Aulas did not mention Arsenal. Here is video evidence.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I have never Approached an Arsenal summer with such low expectations, lack of faith and a deep sense of foreboding ..... I'm not liking what I feel or see about this club :shock:

It's definitely a time of concern
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

If it is good enough for your hero Mourinho, who counts it as a major trophy, surely by your hypocritical standards, it is good enough for Arsenal. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
.....every season, you get mouf to insult when faced with facts you do not want to address.......when season starts you continue to flip flop @ every turn........I don't know about you, but I am too old for this ya pikin boolsheet.......I am not certified insane somebody....
I have bigger fish to fry, as you have already fried and chopped well well with your AFC 'investments' :drool: :biggrin:
....you will have to continue on ya own with your farcical nonsense :biggrin:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Emirates Cups nko?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:I have never Approached an Arsenal summer with such low expectations, lack of faith and a deep sense of foreboding ..... I'm not liking what I feel or see about this club :shock:

Dude STFU and enjoy the show you asked for.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I have never Approached an Arsenal summer with such low expectations, lack of faith and a deep sense of foreboding ..... I'm not liking what I feel or see about this club :shock:

Sisi Yemisi is it that time of the month? Ok I understand :rotf:

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Sisi Yemisi is it that time of the month? Ok I understand :rotf:
Whatever. You wanted Wenger yet expect things to change. This is what you get with him so shut it and suck it up.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
.....every season, you get mouf to insult when faced with facts you do not want to address.......when season starts you continue to flip flop @ every turn........I don't know about you, but I am too old for this ya pikin boolsheet.......I am not certified insane somebody....
I have bigger fish to fry, as you have already fried and chopped well well with your AFC 'investments' :drool: :biggrin:
....you will have to continue on ya own with your farcical nonsense :biggrin:
Where :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Making things up eh! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Did I just hit on a raw nerve. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wenger outers!! Don't worry, your misery will continue for at least another 5 years. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

I have not posted in some time and that will be par the course for Arsenal transfer speculation.

Let Arsenal get on with their summer transactions, I'll enjoy my summer and wait to weigh in on Arsenal wheeling and dealings when something definitive transpires.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I have not posted in some time and that will be par the course for Arsenal transfer speculation.

Let Arsenal get on with their summer transactions, I'll enjoy my summer and wait to weigh in on Arsenal wheeling and dealings when something definitive transpires.
This is such an important transfer window for the club. Despite our poor league showing last season, we have seen there is a lot of potential in this team. Indeed, you can argue, a top class striker would have papered over the cracks in the squad last season and taken Arsenal to 2nd. I say 2nd because no team would have stopped Chelsea who had one of those unique seasons.

The need is for quality and not quantity. The need to me is clear, a CM like Naby Keita of Leipzeg or Seri of Nice.

Top class striker with pace, power, a bit of creativity and vision, can play a bit and has to be in Europe's top conversion rate. One of Lacazette or Mbappe will do me.

A wide playmaker. My preference is for Lemar because of his versatility. But there are plenty of options here, Mahrez comes to mind for example.

We get 3 top players as above, we can even afford to lose Sanchez and keep Ozil.

Arsenal have the money. So no excuses.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Why are we NOT in for Aubumeyang? Was it true we bid 60 mil for him last summer. Did HE tell Arsenal to get lost?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I have not posted in some time and that will be par the course for Arsenal transfer speculation.

We have now seen what's up with Gazidis and his changes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

This is such an important transfer window for the club. Despite our poor league showing last season, we have seen there is a lot of potential in this team. Indeed, you can argue, a top class striker would have papered over the cracks in the squad last season and taken Arsenal to 2nd. I say 2nd because no team would have stopped Chelsea who had one of those unique seasons.

The need is for quality and not quantity. The need to me is clear, a CM like Naby Keita of Leipzeg or Seri of Nice.

Top class striker with pace, power, a bit of creativity and vision, can play a bit and has to be in Europe's top conversion rate. One of Lacazette or Mbappe will do me.

A wide playmaker. My preference is for Lemar because of his versatility. But there are plenty of options here, Mahrez comes to mind for example.

We get 3 top players as above, we can even afford to lose Sanchez and keep Ozil.

Arsenal have the money. So no excuses.

You want to resign Ozil and pay a kings ransom to sign Mahrez?

For that alone you should never be taken seriously when talking football :mrgreen:

MLK.