The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by anikulapo »

Sometimes I wonder some players make decisions to move sha. I'm sure this is his agent kicking around rumors but look at a player like Arda Turan who was so highly rated in years gone by but made the nutty decision to go to Barca and sit out six months and is now a shell of the quick witted and quick footed midfielder he used to be.

I really wonder if these agents care about these players or if it's all about the paycheck. Same for Kondogbia to Italy. That boy was a perfect fit for the EPL but is now a stylistic misfit in a league that simply smothers his skill set smh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

My biggest hope for this SANCHEZ saga is that PSG shows a heavy interest Biko .... Let's get this man off the British shores and over to beautiful Paris, and hope he takes Mezut with him for some big money :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:Sometimes I wonder some players make decisions to move sha. I'm sure this is his agent kicking around rumors but look at a player like Arda Turan who was so highly rated in years gone by but made the nutty decision to go to Barca and sit out six months and is now a shell of the quick witted and quick footed midfielder he used to be.

I really wonder if these agents care about these players or if it's all about the paycheck. Same for Kondogbia to Italy. That boy was a perfect fit for the EPL but is now a stylistic misfit in a league that simply smothers his skill set smh

Look at this moron thinking that agents make the decisions. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Are you a child??? let me help you! The players make the decisions and ask their agent to take action! You think Kondogbia's agent went to Inter Milan and made a deal and forced Kondogbia to move there??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

P.s-- the so called league that "Smothers skill set" has been to the CL final 2 times in 3 years, while your club cannot smell quarter finals of CL. :oops: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Sometimes I wonder some players make decisions to move sha. I'm sure this is his agent kicking around rumors but look at a player like Arda Turan who was so highly rated in years gone by but made the nutty decision to go to Barca and sit out six months and is now a shell of the quick witted and quick footed midfielder he used to be.

What about Renato Sanches going to Bayern with a midfield that had Vidal, Alonso, Martinez and Thiago? Idiocy!
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:My biggest hope for this SANCHEZ saga is that PSG shows a heavy interest Biko .... Let's get this man off the British shores and over to beautiful Paris, and hope he takes Mezut with him for some big money :taunt: :taunt:
We all hope he leaves England if we cannot agree a deal with him.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

What about Renato Sanches going to Bayern with a midfield that had Vidal, Alonso, Martinez and Thiago? Idiocy!

Well Alonzo was aging, likewise for Martinez and Vidal doesn't have much left so I can understand his reasoning though :idea:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Spot on!!!!!
Unlike N.American sports where agents know the player's the boss - in Europe, most especially in the UK, players often seem to forget the agents are meant to be working for them not the other way round.
People know if you lean on agents enough, they'll soon forget about their client's skill set & what team, manager is the best fit - it becomes about money - so many recently_great_players seem to disappear from the discussion within 3seasons of a move - sad.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal fans shouldn't demonize Sanchez if he goes to City.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

ohenhen1 wrote:Arsenal fans shouldn't demonize Sanchez if he goes to City.
True! But you'll cast the first stone against Wenger for selling him to City. :wink:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Why're you trying to get a rise out of the gooner nation - yet be the 1st to complain about selling players to rivals.
We cannot as a club play that game of aiding our rivals - you make a stand even if it means losing a transfer fee - the great Bayern did
that with Ballack.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tolahs wrote:
Why're you trying to get a rise out of the gooner nation - yet be the 1st to complain about selling players to rivals.
We cannot as a club play that game of aiding our rivals - you make a stand even if it means losing a transfer fee - the great Bayern did
that with Ballack.

When you complain and complain and complain for years. You become numb to the process and it longer bothers you.

It is a business. The reality is Arsenal don't match Alexis Sanchez ambition. Better to get 60MP for him now than risk losing him for free next summer. The player got the power.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
that with Ballack.

When you complain and complain and complain for years. You become numb to the process and it longer bothers you.

It is a business. The reality is Arsenal don't match Alexis Sanchez ambition. Better to get 60MP for him now than risk losing him for free next summer. The player got the power.
" The player got the power" - nah!!!
They're as powerful as you allow as a partner in contract - we now know Sanchez agreed a deal with Arsenal but Liverpool(confessed by previous
owners) refused to do a deal.
Real Madrid tried all manner of pressure & bluff to get Ballack from Bayern - Bayern took a stand & let his contract run down - previously they let Manu bully them into selling Hargreaves.
Players have no choice but to play very well in their last yr of contract cos that's the only way to get crazy wages elsewhere - if we keep giving in - players and agents will keep taking the 'P'
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

anyway, just popping in to ask: Can you guys hourry up and sell us Sanchez? All these shakara is a little annoying. A 28 year old superstar is not going to want to spend his final 2-3 years in Europa league. I know this, you know this, the world knows this.

He has one year left on his contract, you got him for 35 million. So here is the deal, you guys get to bend us over, with 1 more year left on his contract we hand over to you 50 million. Close to a league record transfer for a player with one year left on his contract.

Fantastic deal for Arsenal. All the bean counters and spreadsheet optimizers can celebrate how you robbed stupid City blind again. And then you can go out and buy Lacazzete for 35 million with a 15 mil in your pocket. Its a win/win for Arsenal, it's fans, the Europa league etc.

So lets stop all the shakara and get this think going. Its a bit tiring the way you guys act like little girls being toasted, as if you are not just as interested in everything on offer. Lets not drag this crap all summer guys. LEt's get it done early so we can both get ready for our prospective competitions. You guys trying to win the FA cup and Europa league, while we try to win the League and place in the Champions League.

Anyway, just stopping by to say hi :D
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

spastic wrote:anyway, just popping in to ask: Can you guys hourry up and sell us Sanchez? All these shakara is a little annoying. A 28 year old superstar is not going to want to spend his final 2-3 years in Europa league. I know this, you know this, the world knows this.

He has one year left on his contract, you got him for 35 million. So here is the deal, you guys get to bend us over, with 1 more year left on his contract we hand over to you 50 million. Close to a league record transfer for a player with one year left on his contract.

Fantastic deal for Arsenal. All the bean counters and spreadsheet optimizers can celebrate how you robbed stupid City blind again. And then you can go out and buy Lacazzete for 35 million with a 15 mil in your pocket. Its a win/win for Arsenal, it's fans, the Europa league etc.

So lets stop all the shakara and get this think going. Its a bit tiring the way you guys act like little girls being toasted, as if you are not just as interested in everything on offer. Lets not drag this crap all summer guys. LEt's get it done early so we can both get ready for our prospective competitions. You guys trying to win the FA cup and Europa league, while we try to win the League and place in the Champions League.

Kai....see my brother Spastic o! Na ya face be this?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

spastic wrote:anyway, just popping in to ask: Can you guys hourry up and sell us Sanchez? All these shakara is a little annoying. A 28 year old superstar is not going to want to spend his final 2-3 years in Europa league. I know this, you know this, the world knows this.

So lets stop all the shakara and get this think going. Its a bit tiring the way you guys act like little girls being toasted, as if you are not just as interested in everything on offer. Lets not drag this crap all summer guys. LEt's get it done early so we can both get ready for a prospective competitions. You guys trying to win the FA cup and Europa league, while we try to win the League and place in the Champions League.

The sad truth is all the stuff you have written is gonna happen exactly the same way and the you-know-who are gonna come here write nonsensical essays about how they got the best deal out of the whole situation oblivious of the truth in front of em. Dont worry about Sanchez.....juventus is still busy shafting them for Szczesny and once they are finished its your turn with Sanchez(afterwards another essay will be written). Yo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This one still thinks we are in 2006 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Not surprised, as you disappear and hide in your cave everytime your sh1111ty team is having a sh1111ty season. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

danfo driver wrote:

This one still thinks we are in 2006 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Not surprised, as you disappear and hide in your cave everytime your sh1111ty team is having a sh1111ty season. :lol: :lol: :lol:
No vex then, you can pay 100 million if it would make you feel better.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Chief O!!! How are things? Missed the folks here. I come say make pop in greet the family :)

I have finally broken my CyberEagles addiction. So I can come back to enjoying it again. Rather than feeling addicted.

Besides its easy to hide when City is not bullying those other folks. But I have a good feeling this year. I think I'll be here all season :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

spastic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

No vex then, you can pay 100 million if it would make you feel better.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Who is "you?" wetin concern me pay wetin?? Dude! Lacazette's fee is set, you think this is 10 years ago?? Everton just paid 30 million quid on a nonentity, Everton have slapped a price tag for 100 m for Lukaku. Even youtr sh1t plub just paid 40 million for a nonentity of a goalkeeper and 70 million for a portuguese national team benchwarmer, and you are hear talking about 35 m for Lacazette. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

As a coward, you went into hiding after your club was humiliated last season, so I forgive you for not understanding the current market. :lol: :lol:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ARSENAL MY BELOVED GOONS ANY GOOD NEWS?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Arsenal has a striker named Asano right? Where on earth is he?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

danfo driver wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Who is "you?" wetin concern me pay wetin?? Dude! Lacazette's fee is set, you think this is 10 years ago?? Everton just paid 30 million quid on a nonentity, Everton have slapped a price tag for 100 m for Lukaku. Even youtr sh1t plub just paid 40 million for a nonentity of a goalkeeper and 70 million for a portuguese national team benchwarmer, and you are hear talking about 35 m for Lacazette. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

As a coward, you went into hiding after your club was humiliated last season, so I forgive you for not understanding the current market. :lol: :lol:
What's Danfo on about :?

It was 43 million for B. Silva. And trust me, it will be a bargain by mid season. And if he is a benchwarmer, perhaps they should fire the clueless manager. Either way he is at City now, so expect him to start for the NT going forward.

And 35 million for Moraes. Moreaes had the best save per goal ratio in Europe last season. Benched an icon in Ceaser at 22. But sure, call him a nonentity if it makes you feel good. Its your ignorance that's front and Center.

Anyway you seem to be very bad with cost. Are you an English Sports Journalist? I've never seen a more confused lot when it comes to knowing how much a player coat...

Anyway like I tell folks everywhere. The market hasn't changed much. There are 4 teams who just pay stupidly often. Yes sadly City is one of them. But we are comfortably joined by United, Madrid, and PSG. Those 4 clubs often blur the market. There are bargains everywhere else.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

spastic wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Chief O!!! How are things? Missed the folks here. I come say make pop in greet the family :)

I have finally broken my CyberEagles addiction. So I can come back to enjoying it again. Rather than feeling addicted.

Besides its easy to hide when City is not bullying those other folks. But I have a good feeling this year. I think I'll be here all season :)
Well you coulda popped over to the Other Sports section and talked grid iron...oops your guys got smacked down there as well courtesy of my Pats. :P
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯