The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Coach »

Arsene Wenger believes Video Assistant Referees could have helped Arsenal win the Champions League in 2006 and impacted last season's exit to Bayern Munich.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ar-arrival

Couldn't agree more, #1nilwithKos.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Coach wrote:Arsene Wenger believes Video Assistant Referees could have helped Arsenal win the Champions League in 2006 and impacted last season's exit to Bayern Munich.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Eto'o was offside sha, but with Almumu in goal after Mad Jens was red-carded, it was gonna be a long night.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Una don sign Mbappe?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Cito wrote:Arsenal has a striker named Asano right? Where on earth is he?
Hmm that one is always on the bench for Japan that the only place you find him o..

Btw we don dash out Sir no goal , Akpom and Lucas ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote: We don sign Mbappe?
Correction because you be one of us :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...Socrates
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
U know say forgery na crime ba :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Coach wrote:Arsene Wenger believes Video Assistant Referees could have helped Arsenal win the Champions League in 2006 and impacted last season's exit to Bayern Munich.

A Whiner extra ordinary. This is what we call IF TO SAY.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^It beggars belief. What next? if they'd played in an anti-gravity arena, Ronaldo wouldn't have beaten Almunia from 40 yards. Pathetic. Robert has won his election, must he denigrate the electorate with his nonsensical sanctimonious, better than the rest-ness. All massively unsubstantiated. How 5-1s vs Bayern are necessary for one to dismiss the null hypothesis and accept inferiority?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...Socrates
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

On this day 22 years ago, we signed Dennis Bergkamp!

WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Eto'o was offside sha, but with Almumu in goal after Mad Jens was red-carded, it was gonna be a long night.
:rotf: :rotf: Did not Eboue dive for the freekick that lead to our goal by Sol?
Only failure like Wenger will see such rubbish after 21 years in CL football with thing to show for apart from one freaking finals that likes of Monaco has done it before us.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people has any player in this confederation cup that is not unknown caught your eye yet?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:
tolahs wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
tolahs wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Strong rumors in the sunday papers that Oxlade-Chamberlain has told Arsenal he wants to leave.

@TimesSport - An informal contract offer was made by Arsenal to Oxlade-Chamberlain that was significantly below expectations.

One gets the impression that he's pricing himself out of the market & Arsenal are willing to let him go - which suggests they might be bringing in someone who can play that spot!!!
He has offers. Mourinho has chased him for years and then City and Liverpool have made contact. I dont know about Chelsea, but the papers link them, and with Conte's style, wouldnt suprise me.

He is a fantastic player. I have said it for years, even when Arsenal fans were attacking him. Oxlade has two problems are Arsenal:

1. He is a counter-attacking player. He will be world class in a counter attacking system--thats why he is thriving at RWB. he is not the best in possession system.

2. he is irresponsible. And I say this is an Arsenal problem, because many of your players are irresponsible. thats why he loses the ball stupidly in very dangerous positions in almost every game. I believe that had he grown under certain coaches, he wouldnt be that irresponsible.
He wants that central midfield role - Liverpool are promising him that - JM cannot give him that at MU. Conte cannot either(Cesc is on the bench) - his agent is being greedy by seemingly demanding crazy wages unreasonable for an injury prone Ox!!!!
He wants to win titles. Thats more important to him than position on the pitch.
That'll be the narrative you want - he's been courted by Liverpool for a long time with the promise that like his hero he'll run m/f. Cannot get that at ManC, ManU or Chelsea - are Liverpool more likely to win the EPL than Arsenal - you bet your bottom € - nah!!!!
You've a Sturridge situation great talent very prone to injury wanting a premium contract!!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

tolahs wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
tolahs wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
tolahs wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Strong rumors in the sunday papers that Oxlade-Chamberlain has told Arsenal he wants to leave.

@TimesSport - An informal contract offer was made by Arsenal to Oxlade-Chamberlain that was significantly below expectations.

One gets the impression that he's pricing himself out of the market & Arsenal are willing to let him go - which suggests they might be bringing in someone who can play that spot!!!
He has offers. Mourinho has chased him for years and then City and Liverpool have made contact. I dont know about Chelsea, but the papers link them, and with Conte's style, wouldnt suprise me.

He is a fantastic player. I have said it for years, even when Arsenal fans were attacking him. Oxlade has two problems are Arsenal:

1. He is a counter-attacking player. He will be world class in a counter attacking system--thats why he is thriving at RWB. he is not the best in possession system.

2. he is irresponsible. And I say this is an Arsenal problem, because many of your players are irresponsible. thats why he loses the ball stupidly in very dangerous positions in almost every game. I believe that had he grown under certain coaches, he wouldnt be that irresponsible.
He wants that central midfield role - Liverpool are promising him that - JM cannot give him that at MU. Conte cannot either(Cesc is on the bench) - his agent is being greedy by seemingly demanding crazy wages unreasonable for an injury prone Ox!!!!
He wants to win titles. Thats more important to him than position on the pitch.
That'll be the narrative you want - he's been courted by Liverpool for a long time with the promise that like his hero he'll run m/f. Cannot get that at ManC, ManU or Chelsea - are Liverpool more likely to win the EPL than Arsenal - you bet your bottom € - nah!!!!
You've a Sturridge situation great talent very prone to injury wanting a premium contract!!!!
Is this fact or theory? So what happens to Coutinho? In a midfield of Coutinho, Can and Mane I'm not sure any coach would guarantee Ox dibs in midfield. Maybe aniks is right about me knowing nothing about footy.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Meanwhile Wengabe's favorite son(Ramsey) is smoothly(or given) negotiating a raise(and getting it) whilst the club is struggling to tie anybody else to any contract because he is apparently very important to the manager's plans. He is still having two years on his current contract by the way
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

oloye wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Erin o ni pa mi......
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

bk-one wrote:Meanwhile Wengabe's favorite son(Ramsey) is smoothly(or given) negotiating a raise(and getting it) whilst the club is struggling to tie anybody else to any contract because he is apparently very important to the manager's plans. He is still having two years on his current contract by the way
You guys are very funny. Dude only got 2 years left and they are trying to extend his contract.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

ojafranpa wrote:
bk-one wrote:Meanwhile Wengabe's favorite son(Ramsey) is smoothly(or given) negotiating a raise(and getting it) whilst the club is struggling to tie anybody else to any contract because he is apparently very important to the manager's plans. He is still having two years on his current contract by the way
You guys are very funny. Dude only got 2 years left and they are trying to extend his contract.
They should have done the same thing with their key players
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So them don give Welbeck, Sanchez's #7 jersey number? Freudian slip or do they know something :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Arsenal store now corrected the Welbeck number back to 23 instead of 7.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

The Trinity: Alexis, Mbappe, Ozil!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:The Trinity: Alexis, Mbappe, Ozil!
Dude Arsenal can't sign the kid and if we do not on that crazy money those folks are demanding.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:The Trinity: Alexis, Mbappe, Ozil!
Dude Arsenal can't sign the kid and if we do not on that crazy money those folks are demanding.
Kajifu, why not? Didn't your cousin tell you the Arsenal is going to sign
Mbape, Lacazette, Ousmane Dembele, & Aubameyang?
Last edited by Thunder on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato