The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Waffiman »

Lawd have mercy. The negativity in this place is just boring and tedious.

Many here have written the club off and boy they are miserable. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They were edgy over our transfer dealings, and wrote us off long before the summer, just like they did before the Cup final. So why should anyone bother with the defeated? I'm not, except to ridicule and ignore them.

Wenger could have stuck with Nacho and Gibbs easily, but he wants more. Getting Kolasinac is manifest. But I come here and you think someone just died.

Like Wenger said, we need just 2-3 new players, and that's dependent upon outgoings. I'm pretty sure we will get the required bodies in.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Lawd have mercy. The negativity in this place is just boring and tedious.

Wenger could have stuck with Nacho and Gibbs easily, but he wants more. Getting Kolasinac is manifest. But I come here and you think someone just died.

What's there to be positive about? Sanchez leaving, Ozil staying :curse: and Ramshyt being offered an extension? Ok whatever :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Lawd have mercy. The negativity in this place is just boring and tedious.

What's there to be positive about? Sanchez leaving, Ozil staying :curse: and Ramshyt being offered an extension? Ok whatever :woot:
And you know all this because it is official. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Really do not know what Giles Grimandi is doing in France. How did he not scout Ousmane Dembele? Lemar is another one. Ousmane coming to arsenal should have send Walcott and Ox to another team. Bunch of overrated English players.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ojafranpa wrote:Really do not know what Giles Grimandi is doing in France. How did he not scout Ousmane Dembele? Lemar is another one. Ousmane coming to arsenal should have send Walcott and Ox to another team. Bunch of overrated English players.

Are you saying that Arsenal actually has any scouts in France?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Really do not know what Giles Grimandi is doing in France. How did he not scout Ousmane Dembele? Lemar is another one. Ousmane coming to arsenal should have send Walcott and Ox to another team. Bunch of overrated English players.

Are you saying that Arsenal actually has any scouts in France?
Yes we do,did not Giles was saying he first scout Paul Pogba 3 times before Manu sign him?
@Ojafranpa no kill me with laugh,Wenger send Walcott or Ox to another team? :rotf: :rotf:
Its like you don't understand Wenger,if he would have buy the kid then likes of Sanchez will not have been at Arsenal today...
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
oloye wrote: We don sign Mbappe?
Correction because you be one of us :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:thumb:
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Hi Arsenal fans, I hope you are enjoying your 3 months stay atop the EPL :) :)
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/table
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Killian Mbappe IS top choice. I always thought PEA would be the best second option and he is indeed a fantastic player. I had not rated Lacazette, but after reviewing the clips below, he may be the better choice. Dud scores ALL sorts of goals, and is deceptively stong too. PEA scores a lot of tap ins, but is also very good with headers.

[/video]

[/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Nkume wrote:Killian Mbappe IS top choice. I always thought PEA would be the best second option and he is indeed a fantastic player. I had not rated Lacazette, but after reviewing the clips below, he may be the better choice. Dud scores ALL sorts of goals, and is deceptively stong too. PEA scores a lot of tap ins, but is also very good with headers.

[/video]

[/video]
Nkume, how do you not rate a player when you never watched him? No do like ohenhen wey dey form lineups based on name!
Even these clips are very deceitful. You have to watch multiple whole games and if possible watch them live before you start drawing any kind of sensible assessment of a player. I know we're only fans and not paid scouts or coaches but the way some fans talk about players, you'd assume they've at least watched them.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

platinum wrote:
Nkume wrote:Killian Mbappe IS top choice. I always thought PEA would be the best second option and he is indeed a fantastic player. I had not rated Lacazette, but after reviewing the clips below, he may be the better choice. Dud scores ALL sorts of goals, and is deceptively stong too. PEA scores a lot of tap ins, but is also very good with headers.

[/video]

[/video]
Nkume, how do you not rate a player when you never watched him? No do like ohenhen wey dey form lineups based on name!
Even these clips are very deceitful. You have to watch multiple whole games and if possible watch them live before you start drawing any kind of sensible assessment of a player. I know we're only fans and not paid scouts or coaches but the way some fans talk about players, you'd assume they've at least watched them.
Don't get me wrong. I have watched them, and Lacazette HAS NOT been impressive when I have seen him play. I must admit I have only watched him on 3 or 4 occasions. PEA is a very very good player in my opinion. What I have said above is that I underestimated Lacazette, and he may be more of an all-round goal scorer than PEA.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

All this transfer blabber is nothing but mere talk. Arsenal is gonna do what arsenal has been doing for the last ten years(or since that leach took over)....leak some stories to the media about the transfer warchest....make reluctant bids for players they know pretty well that they will never get or never intended to get.....after all the serious clubs have gone on and signed their targets...off-season will start without any identified targets signed(some signed by clubs with an actual plan of improving their personnel)...season starts....desperation reigns.....clubs signs players mostly of low quality for prizes higher than they would have if they did their business earlier( mustafi. welbeck e.t.c)....if luck is on their side maybe one of the elite clubs is trying to balance the books after one of their targets have cost more than they expected then they will offer arsenal one of their expendable players(Özil or Sanchez)....Eventually they will cobble whatever they managed to get onto something resembling a team and that said team will do well enough to achieve the bare minimum....season will end with maybe an FA cup there, third, second or fourth place there.....next season same thing rinse and repeat...all that whilst their rivals and those behind them are improving slightly or significantly....and then some know it all (blind)fans will call those who have seen that coming clueless or dismiss fifth position as an anomaly but that is whats coming....you reap what you sow
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

bk-one wrote:All this transfer blabber is nothing but mere talk. Arsenal is gonna do what arsenal has been doing for the last ten years(or since that leach took over)....leak some stories to the media about the transfer warchest....make reluctant bids for players they know pretty well that they will never get or never intended to get.....after all the serious clubs have gone on and signed their targets...off-season will start without any identified targets signed(some signed by clubs with an actual plan of improving their personnel)...season starts....desperation reigns.....clubs signs players mostly of low quality for prizes higher than they would have if they did their business earlier( mustafi. welbeck e.t.c)....if luck is on their side maybe one of the elite clubs is trying to balance the books after one of their targets have cost more than they expected then they will offer arsenal one of their expendable players(Özil or Sanchez)....Eventually they will cobble whatever they managed to get onto something resembling a team and that said team will do well enough to achieve the bare minimum....season will end with maybe an FA cup there, third, second or fourth place there.....next season same thing rinse and repeat...all that whilst their rivals and those behind them are improving slightly or significantly....and then some know it all (blind)fans will call those who have seen that coming clueless or dismiss fifth position as an anomaly but that is whats coming....you reap what you sow
You are talking too much sense.....that is why I do not get involved in all this masturbatory arsenal transfer talk
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Mustafi is looking like Money miss road at 32 million. I hope I am woefully wrong.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Gooner1 wrote:
bk-one wrote:All this transfer blabber is nothing but mere talk. Arsenal is gonna do what arsenal has been doing for the last ten years(or since that leach took over)....leak some stories to the media about the transfer warchest....make reluctant bids for players they know pretty well that they will never get or never intended to get.....after all the serious clubs have gone on and signed their targets...off-season will start without any identified targets signed(some signed by clubs with an actual plan of improving their personnel)...season starts....desperation reigns.....clubs signs players mostly of low quality for prizes higher than they would have if they did their business earlier( mustafi. welbeck e.t.c)....if luck is on their side maybe one of the elite clubs is trying to balance the books after one of their targets have cost more than they expected then they will offer arsenal one of their expendable players(Özil or Sanchez)....Eventually they will cobble whatever they managed to get onto something resembling a team and that said team will do well enough to achieve the bare minimum....season will end with maybe an FA cup there, third, second or fourth place there.....next season same thing rinse and repeat...all that whilst their rivals and those behind them are improving slightly or significantly....and then some know it all (blind)fans will call those who have seen that coming clueless or dismiss fifth position as an anomaly but that is whats coming....you reap what you sow
You are talking too much sense.....that is why I do not get involved in all this masturbatory arsenal transfer talk
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Arsenal apparently doesn't have as much a bigger budget as the likes of city, chelsea, and united. There are clubs facing that same problem, the likes of Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Monaco e.t.c and the difference between them and Arsenal(off course they win things faced with the same problems) is they know their own limitations and work effectively whilst faced with the same limitations....Its either they identify their targets very early and do their business before the big dogs comes sniffing with the example signing Toprak and Dahoud before the bayerns of this world even thought of who their next target is going to be. Monaco is identifying young players way early(Mbappe, Lemar etc), then start playing them early. I remember a certain gentleman used to do that before him and his acolytes started drinking way too much of their own cool-aid. Now they are hiding behind the fact that other clubs have got higher budgets without accepting that they have a manager who has lost his edge or too comfortable where he is and an owner who recently confessed that he is not in it for winning but money( I mean who the **** says that?).
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Nkume wrote:Mustafi is looking like Money miss road at 32 million. I hope I am woefully wrong.
Awful first game v Australia. Poor first half v Chile but by the second half, that German defense didn't give Chile an inch and Mustafi played his part in that.

I think Arsenal fans dwell too much on the money side of things. It's a phenom that has come about from years of money being used as an excuse so I can't blame them but it's wholly foolish. Player prices are determined by several factors, if 40mil is what it took to get him then so be it. Holding came for 2mil, it's what it took. Forget the money.

The player himself is not bad. You have to put him in a situation that allows him thrive. Of course, he has to concentrate and not make stupid mistakes but it'd be too early to pronounce him dead. Do you remember what people said of Koscielny for years? Now, they act as if he was always loved when the fact is the first couple years were rough. Trust me, Mustafi has the potential to be BETTER than Kos. Give him time and the best resources/platform.

Whhat about Mertesacker? The man was plugged into a formation and structure that minimized his flaws and maximized his strengths and boom, he looked like a 50mil $ defender.

Patience.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

platinum wrote:
Nkume wrote:Mustafi is looking like Money miss road at 32 million. I hope I am woefully wrong.
Awful first game v Australia. Poor first half v Chile but by the second half, that German defense didn't give Chile an inch and Mustafi played his part in that.

I think Arsenal fans dwell too much on the money side of things. It's a phenom that has come about from years of money being used as an excuse so I can't blame them but it's wholly foolish. Player prices are determined by several factors, if 40mil is what it took to get him then so be it. Holding came for 2mil, it's what it took. Forget the money.

The player himself is not bad. You have to put him in a situation that allows him thrive. Of course, he has to concentrate and not make stupid mistakes but it'd be too early to pronounce him dead. Do you remember what people said of Koscielny for years? Now, they act as if he was always loved when the fact is the first couple years were rough. Trust me, Mustafi has the potential to be BETTER than Kos. Give him time and the best resources/platform.

Whhat about Mertesacker? The man was plugged into a formation and structure that minimized his flaws and maximized his strengths and boom, he looked like a 50mil $ defender.

Patience.
KPOM KWEM! :clap: :clap: :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

platinum wrote:

Patience.
i remember Kos was sent off on his debut game i think against liverpool
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Meanwhile in TG world....

[/video]

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Robbynice wrote:
platinum wrote:

Patience.
KPOM KWEM! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kpom Kwem for what?
Reverse reasoning. It is the club not the fans that focus on the money side of things. The club has lost out all major transfers because they pinch pennies. They have nearly signed all the great players.
Pls spare the fans, they have suffered enough. He mentioned Mert, do you remember the cheap scrap that arrived with him? Only he and Arteta were average. Benayou, that fake Brazilian left back etc.

Pls spare us.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsenal increase Lacazette bid. Rumours of deal close.

Like I have said many a time here, Lacazette, if we get him, would add speed, mobility and technique to our attack. A far deadlier finisher than any striker at club right now.

Rumours also say, we are still in for Mbappe.

I wrote a piece I will post here if we sign him.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal increase Lacazette bid. Rumours of deal close.

Like I have said many a time here, Lacazette, if we get him, would add speed, mobility and technique to our attack. A far deadlier finisher than any striker at club right now.

Rumours also say, we are still in for Mbappe.

I wrote a piece I will post here if we sign him.
Waffi, beg post now so i can have something to enjoy over this weekend.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.