The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:Chelsea have approached Middlesbrough over the availability of winger Adama Traore, according to Sky sources
I say Wenger hijack the kid,he is that good .Will take him over OX and Walcrap.
What says you my fellow gooners?

what we say isn't important. Oga Wenger is the Big Boss.

My 6-yr old comes to watch Arsenal matches with me so that he can ask why the man in the long coat is always making disgusted faces :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And the kid doesn't understand why I am laughing instead of just explaining to him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I just hope this year will turn to a miracle year.To think we started the season solid with a completely team to compete yet behind Spurs and Liverpool that lack the quality of players we have.Spurs been playing decent and I just keep praying they finish behind us and finish second the the league. :rotf: :rotf:
We have been poor compare to the teams ahead of us.We still have to go to Spurs,Chelsea and Liverpool,not to talk of Welcome Everton,City and Manu at emirate.
This league Wenger should have been top of the table not allow new comer like Conte to be ahead of us.8 points is a lot but hope Hull city can take something from them before they head to Liverpool.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:Chelsea have approached Middlesbrough over the availability of winger Adama Traore, according to Sky sources

My 6-yr old comes to watch Arsenal matches with me so that he can ask why the man in the long coat is always making disgusted faces :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And the kid doesn't understand why I am laughing instead of just explaining to him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I just hope this year will turn to a miracle year.To think we started the season solid with a completely team to compete yet behind Spurs and Liverpool that lack the quality of players we have.Spurs been playing decent and I just keep praying they finish behind us and finish second the the league. :rotf: :rotf:
We have been poor compare to the teams ahead of us.We still have to go to Spurs,Chelsea and Liverpool,not to talk of Welcome Everton,City and Manu at emirate.
This league Wenger should have been top of the table not allow new comer like Conte to be ahead of us.8 points is a lot but hope Hull city can take something from them before they head to Liverpool.
How do spurs and Pool lack the quality players we have? GK department, we are about even; Starting back 4 is also fairly even, DM of Wanyama, Dembele and Sissoko have the edge over Elneny, Xhaka and Coq. Ozil is better than Erikson, who is certainly not a slouch. Giroud and Sanchez vs Alli and Kane? While Sanchez is better than Alli, Kane is arguably more effective than Giroud.

Liverpool's front line is certainly better than ours...Coutinho, Firminho, Mane.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

anikulapo wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
anikulapo wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... se-9635888

List of EPL free transfers at the end of the season .... Manchester United Antonio Valencia should be a player that should be top of our list for a Bosman deal. Pace, power and championship experience in a position of need :thumb: :thumb:
With someone that has a contract till summer of 2018? Bosman indeed.

Sometimes I don't know whether to curse you out or just ignore you .... keep being an irritant until you get your comeuppance :idea: :idea:

I guess the fact that he just signed a one year extension that was announced an hour ago failed to register in your yeast infected brain ....ahhh never mind :roll:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38654276

I can only laugh bro...Anikuyeye. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

kajifu wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Him :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: Come on :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dude he is going about to go for 10 million.He is better than most kids we have in our set up.
You forget what he did to us at emirate walk away with a point and our defenders could not silent him.
I will say leave Chambers there trade him
Adama is a certified headless chicken. No way is he anywhere close to Ox or Walcott. He is not a premier league player at the moment
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

How do spurs and Pool lack the quality players we have? GK department, we are about even; Starting back 4 is also fairly even, DM of Wanyama, Dembele and Sissoko have the edge over Elneny, Xhaka and Coq. Ozil is better than Erikson, who is certainly not a slouch. Giroud and Sanchez vs Alli and Kane? While Sanchez is better than Alli, Kane is arguably more effective than Giroud.

Liverpool's front line is certainly better than ours...Coutinho, Firminho, Mane.
Kajifu as usual is in la la land of the "hopeful".
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Chief on paper we look good than those two teams and our wage bills say it.We have high profile players and our team more expensive than those two.
But I have look at it in details as sad as it is we don't have a better team than spurs,i think they have a better defense than us if stats are what we believe.
Also I see you compare us but did not bring up likes of Iwobi that are good but bench warmer like Elneny :roll:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Kajifu as usual is in la la land of the "hopeful".
Nothing wrong of been hopeful for my beloved club.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Southampton win Norwich so we are facing this guys in FA cup next round at St Mary
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
Blukyt wrote:
Coach wrote:@G1, many cited Nzonzi back in his Blackburn days, Wanyama before his move to Soton, go further back, some even called for Rooney whilst still at Everton...only they can't be asked to ring the bell and demand the key to the city. None of them came, that's all that matters. Welbeck was the new Ian Wright to the same people now branding him Ian Wrong. If its a measure of chest hair, So Dark the Con of Fan, for how many years running? Who saw the sleight of hand before the abracadabra and alakazam. #yawn.

Nzonzi is unnecessary. Xhaka Khan dey and will prove his pudding in due time. Welbeck the same. Even Sanogo, at the same stage as Chris Kiwomya at the same age...etc etc Splendid.
:agree: We all have players that we've hoped Arsenal would sign and named them here.
At the time when we were suffering in DM position I was one for Nzonzi while he was at Blackburn. Wanyama while at Celtic, Van Dijk while at Celtic (perfect Arsenal signing. One I thought could even convert to DM easily). Alderweireld while at Atletico. Thank God we signed Nwakali, now let's hope it all works out for us and the boy!

Also had my fair share of misses. Biggest one being Coutinho. I thought he was nothing special while at Inter but boy I wish he was wearing our colours right now. I see us being linked to Niang at Milan. I don't rate him at all at all. I could be wrong on him too.

You have to remember, this is real life not nintendo. All these guys you're all naming have been scouted through and through, they were known quantities. Coutinho at Inter was well known, his big issue wasn't lack of ability, he was highly touted and had games when he was unplayable and was by far the best player on the pitch. His issue there was #1, lack of playing time (a condition that's prominent at big teams) and #2 consistency (which arguably came from lack of PT).

When we talk of those names, you have to remember that IF they were brought to Arsenal fresh off those clubs and they bombed, it'd have been hell to pay. I mean guys like Sanogo, Chamakh, Gervinho are not that far removed. It takes a lot to succeed in football and at a club with a style as specific as Arsenal's. It's easy after the fact to say we all thought x or y would fit but it's never that straight forward. We all yell at Arsene when he says he'd have bought x player or had eyes on y player isnt it? Trust me, none of these guys are unknown. If you and I have seen them in action, you had better believe that people paid big bucks to do this for a living have scouted them and know their parents and dirtiest habits.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nzonzi is a much improved player, I know the player I saw in his early EPL career was not good enough.

Also, how are we to know that all these players were ignored by Wenger.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I know you lot always think others are better than yours but as usual, there is no concrete for this apart from your feeling.

How are Spuds better than us? The real test of any team or squad is the league, come May. They finished 3rd in a 2 horse race, yet they are better than us. As for the Liverpool talk, that's ridiculous.

I was listening to some stat on BBC Radio 5 Live, they said Spuds have won 2 from 12 without their fist team. Arsenal, meanwhile have the highest points haul irrespective of the opposition with their first team. Arsenal, also get the most points without 3 key players in the team. They concluded, if Arsenal kept its first team fit, they walk the league. To me, this is not news, I have studied this for a few seasons now and pray we can stay fit for at least another 10 games.

If Arsenal had kept the team that went 12 games unbeatenin the league this season, we will be top, right now. Maybe then I will not read all these lamentation by Chief. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Season has a long way to go, it is a 6 horse race and I see Chelski as a real threat for the title. The others, I am respectful but I fancy us above them.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I know you lot always think others are better than yours but as usual, there is no concrete for this apart from your feeling.

How are Spuds better than us? The real test of any team or squad is the league, come May. They finished 3rd in a 2 horse race, yet they are better than us. As for the Liverpool talk, that's ridiculous.

I was listening to some stat on BBC Radio 5 Live, they said Spuds have won 2 from 12 without their fist team. Arsenal, meanwhile have the highest points haul irrespective of the opposition with their first team. Arsenal, also get the most points without 3 key players in the team. They concluded, if Arsenal kept its first team fit, they walk the league. To me, this is not news, I have studied this for a few seasons now and pray we can stay fit for at least another 10 games.

If Arsenal had kept the team that went 12 games unbeatenin the league this season, we will be top, right now. Maybe then I will not read all these lamentation by Chief. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Season has a long way to go, it is a 6 horse race and I see Chelski as a real threat for the title. The others, I am respectful but I fancy us above them.
I didn't say Spuds are better than us. Kajifu claims they lack quality, and I countered that they are on par with us quality wise. Yes, we finished above them last season, but that happened on the last day. That suggests parity, not so? More than halfway through the season, they are ahead of us, and have won big games. Regardless of our feelings, I would not dismiss the current Spuds as lacking quality.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I didn't say Spuds are better than us. Kajifu claims they lack quality, and I countered that they are on par with us quality wise. Yes, we finished above them last season, but that happened on the last day. That suggests parity, not so? More than halfway through the season, they are ahead of us, and have won big games. Regardless of our feelings, I would not dismiss the current Spuds as lacking quality.
As you may have noticed above, I have not dismissed any of the top 6, but I fear Chelski may have broken away.

As for your talk of parity, I do not see that, I certainly did not see that in the league table last season. We finished above them, we are not equal. Spuds lose 2 top players, they are done. Last season, they got lucky, then lost key players like Dembele and Alli, they could not beat relegated Newcastle.

We are in for a good fight amongst the top 6, if we stay healthy and fit, we win it. Only us can catch Chelski, we just need key players back and firing fast.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

As you may have noticed above, I have not dismissed any of the top 6, but I fear Chelski may have broken away.

As for your talk of parity, I do not see that, I certainly did not see that in the league table last season. We finished above them, we are not equal. Spuds lose 2 top players, they are done. Last season, they got lucky, then lost key players like Dembele and Alli, they could not beat relegated Newcastle.

We are in for a good fight amongst the top 6, if we stay healthy and fit, we win it. Only us can catch Chelski, we just need key players back and firing fast.
You missed your calling :cry: :cry: :cry: you should have been a criminal defense attorney, instead of accountant. OJ would have recruited you ahead of J Cochran.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Official. Arsenal has taken up the OPTION to extend Per Mertesacker's deal.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... sy-choice-
“There were no negotiations in fact, because he had an option for extension. So it’s not really a new contract, it’s just an extension of the old one. We had to take that option early in the season and the decision was made quite easily.
Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... 13wiXHZ.99
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Coach wrote:Arsenal are close to agreeing a one-year contract extension for captain Per Mertesacker, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News HQ revealed last week that the club has an option to extend his existing contract, which expires at the end of the seasonSky Sports News HQ revealed last week that the club has an option to extend his existing contract, which expires at the end of the season.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -extension

The BFG! Waffi's favorite player. Wait, that was Gibbs, or was it Chambers or Arteta? Perhaps the Frenchman Debuchy?

I said I'd be surprised if it was taken up. I keep hoping that Arsene will be somebody else. It's foolishness from me. This IS who he is. He is aa an who is LOYAL and would rather die with that loyalty than compromise.

Good luck to Per.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Coach wrote:Arsenal are close to agreeing a one-year contract extension for captain Per Mertesacker, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News HQ revealed last week that the club has an option to extend his existing contract, which expires at the end of the seasonSky Sports News HQ revealed last week that the club has an option to extend his existing contract, which expires at the end of the season.

The BFG! Waffi's favorite player. Wait, that was Gibbs, or was it Chambers or Arteta? Perhaps the Frenchman Debuchy?

I said I'd be surprised if it was taken up. I keep hoping that Arsene will be somebody else. It's foolishness from me. This IS who he is. He is aa an who is LOYAL and would rather die with that loyalty than compromise.

Good luck to Per.
Frankly have no issue with Mert extension, Arsenal well stocked at CB, Mert genuine and vocal leader. The BFG is good option to have situationally and the BFG would a great mentor for a young pup like Holding.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

It burns me to say this but TOTO has made better investements in their squad over the past three years than Arsenal has in terms of bang for bucks.

Alderwereild, Adele, Wanyama, plus Dier, Vertonghen, Walker, Lloris and Kane, all of whom have signed extensions have given them a solid core of size , speed and skill.

Combined they cost less than what we paid for Granit Huddlestone and Mustafi :scared: :scared: :scared: (Marinate on that thought ) :curse: :curse: :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Top of my head players aniks begged AW to buy before they blew up

Alderweireld
N'Zonzi
Morata
Kante
Suarez
Van Dijk
Wanyama

My apologies to Aniks as I know there are others gems he spotted before their stardom that I failed to recall.

Damnnnnnnnn....look at that team....they would win the PL on canter for years and be a scary CL threat

Cough cough don't forget my son HB :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The thing annoys me for real. We coulda shut the mouth of all these noise makers with very cheap and tactical buys rather than wasting money on some of these overrated clowns that we have ponied up on :curse:

As far as our youth system goes, I really look forward to the development of Holding and Bielik .... there is really a future there. I wish Wenger would talk to Bournemouth about bribing back Jack and send Holding there as a replacement for Ake

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Can't wait for Bellerin. I don't think Chambers can play that right back.
Bros are you serious :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Aniks sometimes you need to watch the game and calm down. If you watch and read Calum position( right back) you can see that he is easily dribble 1 vs 1, they can coach him on that but i still think he does not have the lungs to play that position.
Er are you serious? Did you see him at southampton :shock: :shock:

He came in cold and got nutmegged but recovered the ball and you still dey yarn :D :D Did you see his close control and skill going forward? Did you see his composure on the ball while under pressure in his own half? Mind you we are talking of a teenager in a tension soaked game against the defending champs.

Even seasoned vets would have a case of the nerves coming in cold. Haba chill out the bobo na proper baller at either position
Don't mind Mr. I-am-the-only-one-that-knows-everything-about-everything. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde himself. The schizophrenic and bipolar Gooner. Mshewwwwww!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

This Extension of the Big For Nothing German is akin to wasting money on the likes of Flamini, Arteta and the Squid! What is wrong with Wenger? You are lacking a legitimate playmaking central midfielder and you have a young and potentially top level cd in Holding, yet you re-sign and an old, slow walking liability in Mertesacker :scared:

Wenger can be so annoying :curse: I guess this move will spur Alexis to sign even faster :roll: smh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Good luck to Per.
Frankly have no issue with Mert extension, Arsenal well stocked at CB, Mert genuine and vocal leader. The BFG is good option to have situationally and the BFG would a great mentor for a young pup like Holding.
What's done is done, it is cheaper than buying another CB. My only hope here is that he mentors the young Pole Bielik and gives him more time to grow and mature into a starter. Outside of that, it'd have been better to buy a stronger CB or invest elsewhere.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Good luck to Per.

Wenger is Wenger. We sometimes hope and forget that he is someone else, but he is who he is. He is fiercely and stubbornly loyal.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

You missed your calling :cry: :cry: :cry: you should have been a criminal defense attorney, instead of accountant. OJ would have recruited you ahead of J Cochran.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Good luck to Per.
Thanks TG. I have nothing more to add even if I want to.