The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:Yesterday, Sanchez response in that press conference told me what have I have told has been correct all along. Arsenal will not give him £300 grand plus a week, but will Arsenal sell to a rival? I think this will be very interesting cos I have heard a few things which if true, will see us about to play out a nasty, bitter saga in this window. Unless something changes dramatically, this could get very ugly.

Of course you all know my position re Sanchez, so I will not lie, I will be glad to see the back of him.

Alexis is a great player but I think you and I have been together in pointing out some of the negatives he has (I don't agree with calling him names and bashing him but I didnt agree with that being done to RVP or Cesc or those others so take my stance with a pinch of lt). At 28, I think this is who he is. Too late for him to be more efficient I think...he may become like Cristiano and be more effective within a different role though. Ditto Ozil who will never be a defensive machine.
I think people will find that Arsenal can be even stronger minus Alexis. I have no doubt about that. His penchant for giving the ball away and playing outside the team structure won't be missed. His goals are all great but I think some of the people complaining about his 'sale' are the same who have said anyone can score in front of Arsenal's midfield so.... :twisted:

Similarly, if Ozil goes, Arsenal can do with a player who contributes more to the defensive side of the game.

These are two world class talents but the thought that they cannot be replaced is incorrect. They were replaced easily at their previous clubs. If Arsenal is willing to spend the money and if Arsene puts in the work, both men can be replaced. Of course, if you lose players of their caliber you have to bring in TOP talent to replace them but they ARE very replaceable especially Alexis, Ozil is a bit more of an enigma because there're not many like him in world football...he has that Riquelme problem going right now so replacing him would require some finagling from Arsene but it's not anything close to impossible.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

With the premature arrival of the latest edition, perhaps a closing of the overstayed and now old edition is in order.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Half time, Great Game :thumb:
Brilliant game.
That was a CLINIC from Germany. A display of efficient football. Defend as a UNIT, attack in spots, don't force things. The DFB has got things exactly right.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Yesterday, Sanchez response in that press conference told me what have I have told has been correct all along. Arsenal will not give him £300 grand plus a week, but will Arsenal sell to a rival? I think this will be very interesting cos I have heard a few things which if true, will see us about to play out a nasty, bitter saga in this window. Unless something changes dramatically, this could get very ugly.

Of course you all know my position re Sanchez, so I will not lie, I will be glad to see the back of him.

Alexis is a great player but I think you and I have been together in pointing out some of the negatives he has (I don't agree with calling him names and bashing him but I didnt agree with that being done to RVP or Cesc or those others so take my stance with a pinch of lt). At 28, I think this is who he is. Too late for him to be more efficient I think...he may become like Cristiano and be more effective within a different role though. Ditto Ozil who will never be a defensive machine.
I think people will find that Arsenal can be even stronger minus Alexis. I have no doubt about that. His penchant for giving the ball away and playing outside the team structure won't be missed. His goals are all great but I think some of the people complaining about his 'sale' are the same who have said anyone can score in front of Arsenal's midfield so.... :twisted:

Similarly, if Ozil goes, Arsenal can do with a player who contributes more to the defensive side of the game.

These are two world class talents but the thought that they cannot be replaced is incorrect. They were replaced easily at their previous clubs. If Arsenal is willing to spend the money and if Arsene puts in the work, both men can be replaced. Of course, if you lose players of their caliber you have to bring in TOP talent to replace them but they ARE very replaceable especially Alexis, Ozil is a bit more of an enigma because there're not many like him in world football...he has that Riquelme problem going right now so replacing him would require some finagling from Arsene but it's not anything close to impossible.
Arsenal needs to keep BOTH players. Plat, you are going from your traditional "na your money?" approach to Waffi-esque's not wanting to pay players. From what we all know about Arsenal, selling both players would likely be money, rather than football decisions.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bk-one wrote:Monaco already sold Silva and Bakayoko and if arsenal thought they were gonna get Thomas Lemar for 30 million, It might be true that they are really smoking some potent $#% at London Colney. If they really wanted Lemar they should have made an offer way before City and Chelsea purchased those two. Right now Monaco really dont need money coz they already have 78 million from player sales and why should they have to sell to arsenal for cheap when they can sell other players(Fabinho and Mendy) for much more money than when they sell Lemar to Arsenal.

Did Arsenal tell you they really need to sign anyone (forget Waffi's gists)? They have Ramsey, who showed on the last day of the season and during the conquer of Chelsea at Wembley that he is one of the best mids in Europe. We have Ox that teams are lusting after. Ditto Alexis, that Pep wants to buy at any price. Did you see a rusty Per come out and dominate EPL champions Chelsea? We already signed that defender. Plus Santo will return like a shiny new signing. We have Xhaka, who will no longer be a rookie.

Team don complete! Let the season begin! These are all rumors spread by agents who wish their players were playing for Wenger.
Chai! It's true what they say: "Misery loves company". :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
sharap dia. Is Lemar better than Ramsey? Say the truth! Even the Lacazette sef...can he do it @ Stokes on a cold Tuesday night? If not, Walcott over him.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:

On Sanchez, I agree with you.

Ozil is fine. Rumours of a deal with him being sorted by Wenger and Kroenke. He gave an interview already this summer where he all but said he has signed a deal. It was clear he was staying.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

Arsenal needs to keep BOTH players. Plat, you are going from your traditional "na your money?" approach to Waffi-esque's not wanting to pay players. From what we all know about Arsenal, selling both players would likely be money, rather than football decisions.
Chief O, in this case, I am not 100% convinced that money is the only issue here at least as far as Alexis is concerned. I think there're a few other things going on but time will tell.

Ozil? Like Waffi says, I think he's signed a deal or will sign. I know firsthand that he's been dealing directly with the Kroenke's son. There's another CE who knows that Kroenke kid VERY well and he corroborates the story about Ozil's people dealing direct with Kroenke.

Arsenal needs to keep both but I put the chances of that happening at <30%. As long as they're replaced sufficiently, it shouldn't be as bad as some think it will be. Again, it could very well be a plus for Arsenal from the perspective of the club's PLAY. The major worry is that if these players go to a rival then you've strengthened someone who will directly affect your chances of winning the league, that's the big issue.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Half time, Great Game :thumb:
Brilliant game.
That was a CLINIC from Germany. A display of efficient football. Defend as a UNIT, attack in spots, don't force things. The DFB has got things exactly right.
Certainly did.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

No player is irreplaceable but I wish we can hold on to Alexis sha....I know of the shanenigans etc. but the numbers this fellow has put up in his Arsenal career is staggering...he is the best player we have had since Thierry Henry.

144 games 72 goals 42 assists. :shock: :shock: playing from a wide left position.

He is by a clear mile the best player in the Premier league, I don't fancy our chances if he signs for a rival.

I disagree with those who say he is what he is, Alexis has improved a lot since he has been at Arsenal...he has bounced off Ozil very well indeed, he shares the ball a lot more now, plays through passes and is definitely less selfish..19 assists this season alone. Watching him for Chile against Portugal you can see that all-round game that he did not have 3 years ago.

As of today Messi is the only player out there that is definitely better than Alexis.......
To God be the glory
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Alexis for me is simple. If we can get him to sign, excellen. If not, place £70m+ price on him. Whoever wants him that badly should pay up or he stays and walk for free after next season. To an EPL rival or overseas, I am fine with either. Take that money and go buy replacements. We are not winning the league next season anyways. We only have to be better than Spurs and one of ManU/Chelsea/Liverpool/ManCity. Doable with or without Alexis.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:The talents from Spain and Germany are just on another level. These boys are playing some solid technical footy.

Where can one find what these Germans use as blueprint? Their teams look so solid without ever being boring...my goodness!
My brother, do not forget France. I actually give France generation the edge cos they are more athletic but they lack Coaches. Deschamps is a clown who cost them the Euros. They must get better or else lose out to Germany and Spain.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Skylolo wrote:No player is irreplaceable but I wish we can hold on to Alexis sha....I know of the shanenigans etc. but the numbers this fellow has put up in his Arsenal career is staggering...he is the best player we have had since Thierry Henry.

144 games 72 goals 42 assists. :shock: :shock: playing from a wide left position.

He is by a clear mile the best player in the Premier league, I don't fancy our chances if he signs for a rival.

I disagree with those who say he is what he is, Alexis has improved a lot since he has been at Arsenal...he has bounced off Ozil very well indeed, he shares the ball a lot more now, plays through passes and is definitely less selfish..19 assists this season alone. Watching him for Chile against Portugal you can see that all-round game that he did not have 3 years ago.

As of today Messi is the only player out there that is definitely better than Alexis.......

Sky,

Alexis has dovetailed excellently with Ozil, true. It's been a mutually beneficial relationship between those two. They clearly trust one another.

He's always been an allrounder for Chile though, way before he joined Arsenal. A common complaint about him was he played more of a team game with La Roja thn he did at club level. Also Even at Barca, he showed an ability to play different roles and showed the same struggles he has now. He's a world class talent no doubt but I don't know that he's only worse than Messi, that's some statement. Heck, he's not the best player for La Roja! (*Vidal is)
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

amafolas wrote:Alexis for me is simple. If we can get him to sign, excellen. If not, place £70m+ price on him. Whoever wants him that badly should pay up or he stays and walk for free after next season. To an EPL rival or overseas, I am fine with either. Take that money and go buy replacements. We are not winning the league next season anyways. We only have to be better than Spurs and one of ManU/Chelsea/Liverpool/ManCity. Doable with or without Alexis.
Precisely.

70mil is a lot though. He has one year left. I reckon something between 50-60 will do it.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:No player is irreplaceable but I wish we can hold on to Alexis sha....I know of the shanenigans etc. but the numbers this fellow has put up in his Arsenal career is staggering...he is the best player we have had since Thierry Henry.

Pires was a far better player. Wenger and Arsenal improved him, but Ozil, and to an extent Santi have been huge for him. I want to see Lemar with Ozil and Santi. I am desperate we sign Lemar cos I believe he will become a truly great player.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
amafolas wrote:Alexis for me is simple. If we can get him to sign, excellen. If not, place £70m+ price on him. Whoever wants him that badly should pay up or he stays and walk for free after next season. To an EPL rival or overseas, I am fine with either. Take that money and go buy replacements. We are not winning the league next season anyways. We only have to be better than Spurs and one of ManU/Chelsea/Liverpool/ManCity. Doable with or without Alexis.
Precisely.

70mil is a lot though. He has one year left. I reckon something between 50-60 will do it.
Take 50-60 and get me Lemar.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiii this is the Skylolo I used to know. It's amazing how you can slay a player who led the team in goals and assists and say he is not a team player while wanting to keep the highest paid player who is only willing to stay on because no one wants him :idea:

Honestly if Arsenal keep Ozil and sell Suarez, well I guess some of una go get una wish :mrgreen: I go turn Arsenal public enemy Number One ... Thunda fire dem at that damn emirates if they dare pull that shyt :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Wenger + Walmart Dude: Pay your best players competitive salaries.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

platinum wrote:

Sky,

Alexis has dovetailed excellently with Ozil, true. It's been a mutually beneficial relationship between those two. They clearly trust one another.

He's always been an allrounder for Chile though, way before he joined Arsenal. A common complaint about him was he played more of a team game with La Roja thn he did at club level. Also Even at Barca, he showed an ability to play different roles and showed the same struggles he has now. He's a world class talent no doubt but I don't know that he's only worse than Messi, that's some statement. Heck, he's not the best player for La Roja! (*Vidal is)
Bros,

Alexis is the difference maker for Chile however agree Vidal is a general in midfield for them. Still I get your drift....however based on what I saw last season I will not swap Alexis for any other player and feel it was a good deal apart from Messi and Neymar.

The man has his flaws but he is a BEAST that has carried Arsenal sometimes almost all by himself in recent years, just look at those numbers achieved playing in a team with very few World class talents. Arguably only himself, Mesut , Santi(when fit), Xhaka and Koscielny.

If we sell him, take that money add some more and get Ousmane Dembele imho.
To God be the glory
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Until we stand up for our interests, agents will encourage players to be hell raisers forcing us to make deals we don't like.
Look at how Aulas operates @lyon, bayern had to face down Real by making Ballack run down his contract - IF ManC wants Alexis, we need a player at
his level - one fact is most top Arsenal players will be highly valued in the Jan window for not being CL-tied
If alexis wants to go, he leaves at the end of nest season - we bring something to the table - Barca left him to waste on the bench - we gave him a platform & believed in him. No diva biz - we demand respect & reserve the right not to sell!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:

Pires was a far better player. Wenger and Arsenal improved him, but Ozil, and to an extent Santi have been huge for him. I want to see Lemar with Ozil and Santi. I am desperate we sign Lemar cos I believe he will become a truly great player.
Waffi, I have to disagree with you on this one. Sanchez is a better player than Pires ever was and it is not even close imho.

Pires in his entire Arsenal career scored 63 goals and had 24 assists from 198 appearances. Sanches in 164 appearances has scored 72 and assisted 42. And Alexis is playing in a worse Arsenal team imho....
To God be the glory
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Precisely.

Take 50-60 and get me Lemar.
Give me Lemar and i will sell him to Man City for 40mila without blinking and eyelid. And to ice the cake add Lacazette to the equation. A good player Alexis is no doubt, but comes with so many baggages. Let him throw those tantrums he did with AW this season with Pep and we all know what the result will be. Does a certain Cesc and Pepi in Barca come to mind? We all know the stops Pep pulled to sign him and we all saw the outcome.
And by the way will Pepi who refused to build his team around Aguero even agree to re-build his team around Alexis when Gabriel Jesus is there? I wonder.
I wish he stays though but if he goes all the best to him.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:

Sky,

Bros,

Alexis is the difference maker for Chile however agree Vidal is a general in midfield for them. Still I get your drift....however based on what I saw last season I will not swap Alexis for any other player and feel it was a good deal apart from Messi and Neymar.

The man has his flaws but he is a BEAST that has carried Arsenal sometimes almost all by himself in recent years, just look at those numbers achieved playing in a team with very few World class talents. Arguably only himself, Mesut , Santi(when fit), Xhaka and Koscielny.

If we sell him, take that money add some more and get Ousmane Dembele imho.
Sky, you forgetting the fact that AW altered the team a lot to play for him. Will Pep do that for him at Man city? Still dont understand why we not in for Dembele.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

anikulapo wrote:

Cheiii this is the Skylolo I used to know. It's amazing how you can slay a player who led the team in goals and assists and say he is not a team player while wanting to keep the highest paid player who is only willing to stay on because no one wants him :idea:

Honestly if Arsenal keep Ozil and sell Suarez, well I guess some of una go get una wish :mrgreen: I go turn Arsenal public enemy Number One ... Thunda fire dem at that damn emirates if they dare pull that shyt :curse:
Bros the club needs both players, Ozil is the offensive brain of this team while everyone knows Sanchez is the best attacker in this league. We need both...
To God be the glory