The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by toyin133 »

So this is where you guys have been hiding. :D
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Again hats of Petr Cech, if not for him scoreline goes from a routine 2-0 defeat to a historic humiliation.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

You gotta give props to a good coach regardless of sports - Spudites got themselves a geezer - as for us, our dude is done so much for us - we better buy life insurance.
AW couldn't help but pick the wrong team for this match - y'all thinking he needs more money gotta admit he's scared to drop names - big problem.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/20

Post by danfo driver »

Oja-Fry-Pan-Head! Ndo o! This one go pain well well :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

How anyone still defend Wenger because of some few season tickets and licking Wenger yash is the biggest surprise.
Spurs been the better team,i have to give hats off to their coach,spurs got a good coach.If Wenger stay we will never beat dpurs again or finish above them for a long time.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

So let me understand it again. Poch is a nobody because he hasnt won something. Wenger is a better manager because he has won trophies. I remember that comment very well.

By the way - HAPPY ST-ARSEHOLES DAY! Shout out to Jack Wilshere and that his video. That video mobilised Spurs fans and players to no end.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Detective Bunk Moreland

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
If Gazidids wasn't a toothless loser he would order Wenger into his office and say that if he didn't sell Ozil, Ramsey, Xhacrap and Giroud in the summer, he should look for another job
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The problem is not Wenger. It is the Kroenkes. The team is the reflection of the owner. A great owner like Pat Bowlen of the Broncos will do every thing to win games. A cheap owner like Stan Kroenke will keep Wenger, winning titles is not the priority.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

tolahs wrote:You gotta give props to a good coach regardless of sports - Spudites got themselves a geezer - as for us, our dude is done so much for us - we better buy life insurance.
AW couldn't help but pick the wrong team for this match - y'all thinking he needs more money gotta admit he's scared to drop names - big problem.
Any funds will be wasted on the likes of Xhaka and Mustafi. I can now understand why Barca and Udinese thought Sanchez was surplus to requirement.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Detective Bunk Moreland

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
If Gazidids wasn't a toothless loser he would order Wenger into his office and say that if he didn't sell Ozil, Ramsey, Xhacrap and Giroud in the summer, he should look for another job
Uncle easy a serious Club would have sacked Wenger.
No need blame the players but Wenger,he sign those guys and play them,what was the reason Ramsey get a start in this game?
I can name few players that should not have start.
Is on Wenger
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Regardless of the players, you've gotta have a drilled team - one that doesn't look clueless on the pitch. You choose to play long ball to Giroud - wasn't working but wait 80 odd mins to sub him.
ramsey gave away the 1st goal vs ManC - looked short for quite a while but AW claims the absence of him & santi messed up our season.
Ozil, subbed @Wembley cos he was tired but plays long mins vs LCFC - tired Alexis also played long mins vs LCFCbut expect Ozil to defensively help wingback Ox - on what legs?? when did that habit come about?
We've a clueless gaffer - that's what it's.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like Spurs will finish above Arsenal this season wow.

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

realtrouble wrote:
tolahs wrote:You gotta give props to a good coach regardless of sports - Spudites got themselves a geezer - as for us, our dude is done so much for us - we better buy life insurance.
Any funds will be wasted on the likes of Xhaka and Mustafi. I can now understand why Barca and Udinese thought Sanchez was surplus to requirement.
It's less the players & more about our team habits. Look at the number of our players in the box when Ali scored the 1st goal - good tackling comes from practice - many times you've a zillion of our guys around 1 player but yet can't stop him from doing something with the ball.
Look at the number of times they passed the ball off a corner kick - we just sat there looking shocked everytime
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

ohenhen1 wrote:Looks like Spurs will finish above Arsenal this season wow.
I disagree!!!! It is not over until it is over! :boo:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

defending from Arsenal on 1ST goal by Dele Alili in a word....DISGRACEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/tottenh ... l-1-0.html
Detective Bunk Moreland

living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

I have been missing but i see nothing has changed until Wenger leaves nothing changes
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

living wrote:I have been missing but i see nothing has changed until Wenger leaves nothing changes
Wenger is part of the problem. The situation might actually be worse without Wenger. Stan Kroenke is a bad owner. His priority is profit first.

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Why did he drop Holden?
Why play Giroud ? ( at least Welbeck can stretch the team )
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

realtrouble wrote:Why did he drop Holden?
Why play Giroud ? ( at least Welbeck can stretch the team )
AW makes too many tactical bad calls & often gets away with it cos players tend to be blamed. The way Spurs set up - they've 2 centre backs who've played at fullback b4 so they can slow down a winger one-on-one - that allows their wingbacks to bomb forward - in that same spirit Chelsea has Azpilicueta backing up Moses.
Monreal is a good support player for Gibbs cos at his age - one won't expect him to be wingback thrice in 7days.
Gabriel has played at FB so him on the right of a 3 is ok. If Kos is healthy - you bench Holding. But you don't play Ox as a wingback - you play Hector and play Ox centrally(a call AW wouldn't make) - we needed his pace further forward - that would've given Hector space to bomb forward.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Comprehensively beaten, but for the much maligned Cech, 4 or 5 wouldn't have been flattering. Lost on the pitch and in the dugout. Hopefully the Herd will win it in the streets.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

wale1974 wrote:17 points ahead of Arsenal. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We Will Be Strong.

SDTCOF