The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Dare not even imagine how poor Arsenal will be when Sanchez exits the club this summer.
Dare not imagine how good Arsenal will be when he leaves in the summer.

It is a team game. Sanchez has his downsides and upsides. It is not just about one player and we have had better players leave and we prospered. So long as we get a replacement, he will not be missed.
With the current scouting set up....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Dare not even imagine how poor Arsenal will be when Sanchez exits the club this summer.

It is a team game. Sanchez has his downsides and upsides. It is not just about one player and we have had better players leave and we prospered. So long as we get a replacement, he will not be missed.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
what rubbish!!!!
.......but the likes of Giroud are irreplaceable, Abi?

just for once in your life, tell the truth and let the devil be ashamed
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

please provide a list of possible replacements that Arsenal can legitimately get.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Pep speaks the truth.......waffi would obviously disagree

[/video]
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote:Pep speaks the truth.......waffi would obviously disagree

[/video]
I have not watched the video, so I don't know the context. With regards to your comment. I advice you to stop using emotions and agenda. Just engage your brain.

I don't need telling the obvious. Wenger knows he has to win more games, does not need anyone to say that to him.

Pep is not one talk to anyone about winning more games, first he should look at himself, he has faced competition for the 1st time in his career, despite the huge advantages he has, e.g. finance, he has fluffed his lines.

He now realises this is not Barca or Bayern Munich, and to be fair to him, he has given Wenger his due. I know the respect Pep has for Wenger so I will not bother with your interpretation of his words from that video.

Your version of the truth when it comes to Wenger is twisted and full of your BS.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

please provide a list of possible replacements that Arsenal can legitimately get.
Arsenal will be getting a top striker summer. Take that to the bank.

Unlike you guys here who forget the sacred principle of football - it is a team sport. No one is irreplaceable either by personnel change or system change.

At Arsenal, Wenger has developed a system that plays to Sanchez and Ozil. This season, the system is even more skewed towards getting the best out of and minimising his weaknesses.

I understand you andvTG are vexed with how things have gone this season, so I excuse you when you carry on about Sanchez.

Sanchez was a flop at Barca, not because he is not a top player, it was because Barca will not alter or develope a system to accomodate his talent.

At Arsenal, he found a Manager who bent over to accommodate him both on and off the pitch. At Barca, he did not have that. Wenger, if he is around, will do the same for the player who replaces Sanchez. I have seen him do this for 20 years with varying degrees of success.

Sanchez forgot how Wenger contributions has helped him, he disrespects the Manager, team mates, fans and club. It is not hidden anymore, we now know Sanchez walked on his team at Norwich last season after he was subbed. He left the stadium and went home, upset at being subbed. That is not done, Arsenal are not some tinpot club, that is a huge slap in the face to all concerned. The club tried to cover it up but it was out there for those who wanted to be objective and know these things.

This season, we now know he walked out of training after yet another disagreement forcing the manager to drop him from the team for a big game against Liverpool. I will not even go into how disruptive he has been but we have 2 clear examples.

So if for whatever reasons you chose to ignore all if this and make him out like the greatest thing since sliced bread, that's your prerogative. I know this, everyone has a professional responsibility and should know their place at any football club. Despite many attempts by the club to manage issues, Sanchez has too many times fallen below what you expect of a professional both on and off the pitch.

This is why I hold strong views about the player, my position is clear but I am just a supporter who sticks with his club and team through thick and thin.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

Unlike you guys here who forget the sacred principle of football - it is a team sport. No one is irreplaceable either by personnel change or system change.

At Arsenal, Wenger has developed a system that plays to Sanchez and Ozil. This season, the system is even more skewed towards getting the best out of and minimising his weaknesses.

I understand you andvTG are vexed with how things have gone this season, so I excuse you when you carry on about Sanchez.

Sanchez was a flop at Barca, not because he is not a top player, it was because Barca will not alter or develope a system to accomodate his talent.

At Arsenal, he found a Manager who bent over to accommodate him both on and off the pitch. At Barca, he did not have that. Wenger, if he is around, will do the same for the player who replaces Sanchez. I have seen him do this for 20 years with varying degrees of success.

Sanchez forgot how Wenger contributions has helped him, he disrespects the Manager, team mates, fans and club. It is not hidden anymore, we now know Sanchez walked on his team at Norwich last season after he was subbed. That is not done, Arsenal are not some tinpot club, that is a huge slap in the face to all concerned. The club tried to cover it up but it was out there for those who wanted to be objective and know these things.

This season, we now know he walked out of training after yet another disagreement forcing the manager to drop him from the team for a big game against Liverpool. I will not even go into how disruptive he has been but we have 2 clear examples.

So if for whatever reasons you chose to ignore all if this and make him out like the greatest thing since sliced bread, that's your perogative. I know this, everyone has a professional responsibility and should know their place at any football club. Despite many attempts by the club to manage issues, Sanchez has too many times fallen below what you expect of a professional both on and off the pitch.

This is why I hold strong views about the player, my position is clear but I am just a supporter who sticks with his club and team through thick and thin.
A top striker certain...My poor, dear Waffi..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Detective Bunk Moreland

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

Sanchez forgot how Wenger contributions has helped him, he disrespects the Manager, team mates, fans and club. It is not hidden anymore, we now know Sanchez walked on his team at Norwich last season after he was subbed. That is not done, Arsenal are not some tinpot club, that is a huge slap in the face to all concerned. The club tried to cover it up but it was out there for those who wanted to be objective and know these things.

So if for whatever reasons you chose to ignore all if this and make him out like the greatest thing since sliced bread, that's your perogative. I know this, everyone has a professional responsibility and should know their place at any football club. Despite many attempts by the club to manage issues, Sanchez has too many times fallen below what you expect of a professional both on and off the pitch.

No disrespect, but you don't even believe what you typed. You are like a lawyer trying to win a case, regardless of facts.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My beloved get some characters call fans sha.I doubt any club has this kind of fans we do.
Arsenal for life
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

Waffi stop doubling down on this nonsense and admit you were wrong Haba ... how can you defend the likes of Ozil and Ramshyt and then keep throwing shade at Sanchez ?

Wow :boo:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

I'm still waiting for his list of great young rights fullbacks at the club that are ready for the next level :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

We prospered from top4 to top4 on the field. but financilly Wenger went from $5mil to $8.5 mil. Yes, that is progress indeed.
bepanda
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

You keep talking about how Alexis disrespects his club but you were at the Emirates and heard the collective gasp late in the game when Ozil stood barely moved an inch with the ball a few feet away from him with Sunderland about to break up the field.

You have seen the same guy wet the bed in big game after big game yet you defend him but bash Sanchez .... this attitude like Wengers is why this team keeps underperforming and sows the seeds of dissension

MLK.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

Waffi don come oh, with his sweet yarns
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

A top striker certain...My poor, dear Waffi..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know of that interview. You should also know the press will not set Arsenal's agenda. During the bad run, they had the likes of Redknapp et al saying all our players are not good enough and we must buy another 11 players. We are on a good run and they know about the rumours of Arsenal actually making approaches to players. Do you really think the club will let everyone know what their plans are?

We have been here many a time. Arsenal will be buying a top class striker this summer. Of course, I have concluded Sanchez will leave unless Arsenal meet his pay demands. If he goes, we sign a top class striker.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

Sanchez forgot how Wenger contributions has helped him, he disrespects the Manager, team mates, fans and club. It is not hidden anymore, we now know Sanchez walked on his team at Norwich last season after he was subbed. He left the stadium and went home, upset at being subbed. That is not done, Arsenal are not some tinpot club, that is a huge slap in the face to all concerned. The club tried to cover it up but it was out there for those who wanted to be objective and know these things.

This season, we now know he walked out of training after yet another disagreement forcing the manager to drop him from the team for a big game against Liverpool.
I will not even go into how disruptive he has been but we have 2 clear examples.

So if for whatever reasons you chose to ignore all if this and make him out like the greatest thing since sliced bread, that's your prerogative. I know this, everyone has a professional responsibility and should know their place at any football club. Despite many attempts by the club to manage issues, Sanchez has too many times fallen below what you expect of a professional both on and off the pitch.

You keep talking about how Alexis disrespects his club but you were at the Emirates and heard the collective gasp late in the game when Ozil stood barely moved an inch with the ball a few feet away from him with Sunderland about to break up the field.

You have seen the same guy wet the bed in big game after big game yet you defend him but bash Sanchez .... this attitude like Wengers is why this team keeps underperforming and sows the seeds of dissension
You have your agenda, so you can try to make anything about Ozil, Ramsey and Xhaka, no matter how minute or unimportant as a big deal. That's your prerogative my fren.

You see what I wrote and highlighted above, that is fact. It happened and it has come out. If you want to argue the issues surrounding Sanchez that led to the Liverpool game this season is not disruption and did not affect the club. If you like the players and defend him, okay, that's your opinion but we know the facts and I noticed you did not even try to deny the facts.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

This season, we now know he walked out of training after yet another disagreement forcing the manager to drop him from the team for a big game against Liverpool.
I will not even go into how disruptive he has been but we have 2 clear examples.

No disrespect, but you don't even believe what you typed. You are like a lawyer trying to win a case, regardless of facts.
Typical! You duck the issue as usual. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Sanchez's ability as a player is not in question by me. He is a vital component of this team, indeed he is so vital that Wenger said openly, after the Stoke game, the team is built around him and Ozil. Indeed, the team plays to him and Ozil. I do not need to be told that but it is nice to hear the Manager say it.

However, to whom much is given, much is expected. The least expected of you is professionalism, indeed, it is a basic contractual requirement. From the highlighted and well written about and discussed incidents I have highlighted above. It is clear Sanchez has fallen short of his contractual obligations to the club and more.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

Nope! I have concluded Sanchez will leave unless Arsenal meet his pay demands. If he goes, we sign a top class striker. Simple as that.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

Nope! I have concluded Sanchez will leave unless Arsenal meet his pay demands. If he goes, we sign a top class striker. Simple as that.
"Top class striker" such as...????
Detective Bunk Moreland

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

like a Welbeck, and end-of-career Poldi (one of my favorites tho), a Sanogo, a Lucas (to do bench duties), or a Chamack? give me a list of these available top strikers. Wenger already deemed Mbappe not good enough, and YOU (Waffiman) will tell us Chelsea hiked the price. Aubamaeyang was "not as good as Walcott" when he was affordable....

I don't believe you guys. You specifically promised us, on these very pages: Torres, Eto'o, Tevez....I believe even Higuain and Benzema were reportedly seen around the Emirates...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

You have your agenda, so you can try to make anything about Ozil, Ramsey and Xhaka, no matter how minute or unimportant as a big deal. That's your prerogative my fren.

You see what I wrote and highlighted above, that is fact. It happened and it has come out. If you want to argue the issues surrounding Sanchez that led to the Liverpool game this season is not disruption and did not affect the club. If you like the players and defend him, okay, that's your opinion but we know the facts and I noticed you did not even try to deny the facts.

The so called facts are your fables and rumors biko ... the fact of the matter is your bias against Sanchez who had been a true jewel and the saving grace for the team unlike parasites like Ozil, Ramshyt and Xhaka ..:..

Again the transfer market is the proof in the pudding .... how many top teams want Ozil even at a discount price ? I rest my case

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

The so called facts are your fables and rumors biko ... the fact of the matter is your bias against Sanchez who had been a true jewel and the saving grace for the team unlike parasites like Ozil, Ramshyt and Xhaka ..:..

Again the transfer market is the proof in the pudding .... how many top teams want Ozil even at a discount price ? I rest my case
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is nothing I have written there that's not in the press or public knowledge.

Obviously, the narrative does not suit your Ozil, Ramsey and Xhaka agenda, so you chose to bury your head in the sand. Fair enough. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

like a Welbeck, and end-of-career Poldi (one of my favorites tho), a Sanogo, a Lucas (to do bench duties), or a Chamack? give me a list of these available top strikers. Wenger already deemed Mbappe not good enough, and YOU (Waffiman) will tell us Chelsea hiked the price. Aubamaeyang was "not as good as Walcott" when he was affordable....

I don't believe you guys. You specifically promised us, on these very pages: Torres, Eto'o, Tevez....I believe even Higuain and Benzema were reportedly seen around the Emirates...
I see you're are keen to switch the subject from Alexis. You have chosen to completely ignore my points on Sanchez, I understand, when you're are getting a flogging on an issue, it is always worth trying different tactics. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Au contraire. Never made any such promises. I understand the cynicism on Arsenal and transfers, but I don't do cynicism. I do optimism. If Arsenal decide they will not meet Sanchez terms and he is sold, they have no choice but to replace his goals. I do not see any internal solutions.

Besides, I have reasons to be optimistic.