The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Skylolo wrote:A lot of ifs and buts.....at the end of the day we were not good enough this season

Just remember Gooners this time 12 months ago Chelsea were in 10th position, today they are lifting the EPL trophy. No condition is permanent...
Ummmm..remind us what did Chelsea do after finishing 10TH...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Changed their manager and spent more than Arsenal.

It is Chelsea's 2nd title in 3 years under different managers so that tells you they have the players.
Spent more how? What players did Conte buy? Let's compare.

Besides the fact that Wenger refused to spend is HIS fault. You can't stubbornly refuse to upgrade your underperforming team then turn around and claim you failed because the other team spent more.

Look at this football moron :rotf: :rotf: how much did Conte spend? Do you think Kante, Batshuayi and David Luis were loan players :rotf: mugu stick to abusing Arsene :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Skylolo wrote:A lot of ifs and buts.....at the end of the day we were not good enough this season

Just remember Gooners this time 12 months ago Chelsea were in 10th position, today they are lifting the EPL trophy. No condition is permanent...
Ummmm..remind us what did Chelsea do after finishing 10TH...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is Chelsea's 2nd title in 3 years under different managers so that tells you they have the players.

Besides the fact that Wenger refused to spend is HIS fault. You can't stubbornly refuse to upgrade your underperforming team then turn around and claim you failed because the other team spent more.

Look at this football moron :rotf: :rotf: how much did Conte spend? Do you think Kante, Batshuayi and David Luis were loan players :rotf: mugu stick to abusing Arsene :woot:
Like Globs pointed out did Wenger himself not buy players? Xhaka, Perez and Mustafi, were they free? You fool, I said let's compare.

By the way Luiz was a buy back. Chelsea offset that money from the unpaid fee PSG agreed. Wengoat had the exact same opportunity to buy Cesc back from Barcelona but guess what he did? So please shut it you daft fowl.

You're the same clueless buffoon that was insulting Klopp. Last season you were popping off because Wenger finished above Liverpool even though Klopp took over from Rodgers midseason. I told you to compare their records from the time Klopp took over or compare them over the course of a full season. Well, well, well. In two seasons, Klopp has I believe 3 wins and a draw against Wenger, and has finished above him. Let's not even close their head to head record when he was at Dortmund.

You should really learn to shut up cos you're just an emotional bloviating ignoramus.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

The season is done ..leave the ifs and buts behind and look forward to FA cup final abeg..support your..OUR team
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Let's get one thing straight Arsenal don't deserve champions league football, they haven't competed for years in it, this year they were smashed 10-2 on aggregate, that was a national embarrasment! Teams from Switzerland & Lithuania yes but not a team from the world's richest league! This club as got it all London location 60,000 seater all paid for a rumoured £200 million transfer chest and still they just about stay in the league conversation...joke!
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Like Globs pointed out did Wenger himself not buy players? Xhaka, Perez and Mustafi, were they free? You fool, I said let's compare.

By the way Luiz was a buy back. Chelsea offset that money from the unpaid fee PSG agreed. Wengoat had the exact same opportunity to buy Cesc back from Barcelona but guess what he did? So please shut it you daft fowl.

You're the same clueless buffoon that was insulting Klopp. Last season you were popping off because Wenger finished above Liverpool even though Klopp took over from Rodgers midseason. I told you to compare their records from the time Klopp took over or compare them over the course of a full season. Well, well, well. In two seasons, Klopp has I believe 3 wins and a draw against Wenger, and has finished above him. Let's not even close their head to head record when he was at Dortmund.

You should really learn to shut up cos you're just an emotional bloviating ignoramus.

Sharrap you dog!!! You asked who did he buy? I just answered it fool. Now you're blabbering like a rabid Ekuke :rotf: :rotf: I've told you to shut your mouth but like a dog you keep barking and making yourself look stupid. And yeah your hero Klopp with no European competition finished ahead of Arsenal by a point :mrgreen: ok go have an orgasm .. ode
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
tolahs wrote:S/O to the guys - they to a man played for that shirt today - they found a way to make a 1 man deficit seem like 2 extra men.

2 things that affected this season the most:
(i) For most of it, we lacked tactical flexibility
(ii) Our most consistent element was lack of intensity
------------------------------
In Gabriel & Kos - we've lost players ripe for an FA cup Final - we really do have big issues.
The gaffer is bent on bringing Ox back as wingback but it'll be dumb to bench Hector.
Hope Alexis got some pop for Wembley - too many minutes played & miles run - hope we don''t pay for that.
I think he plays Ox AND Bells ... Gibbs is out So He starts Bells, Monreal and Holding at the back..
If he plays Hector @rightwingback, where does he play Ox?
How long's Gibbs out for - we might need to play Monreal as a CB with Holding & Mustafi.
If Gibbs is out, does he then play Ox as a LeftWB??
We've guys though w/o fatigue in their legs - Iwobi,Lucas - hope they play a part.
We know Xhaka & Ozil are part of that central MF - we might need a defensive cover but instead of Ramsey i'll play Ox cos he gives that athletic players whose pace creates problems for Konte.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Wenger: "We were a force until December but we dropped off. One day I will give the reasons for that."
Gotta ask why tease us with that - we can't wait.
-------------------
Wenger on this summer: "We want to keep the team together & find one or two more players who strengthen the team. But we don't need a lot."

Sure we don't need more than 2??
-------------------
Wenger on Arsenal: "I have said 'no' to every club in the world to stay here with very limited financial resources."

We appreciate that gaffer but where does the buck stop or do we stay forever indebted to the point of lacking any accountability
or expectation to compete for the league title?? Just asking boss.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Sharrap you dog!!! You asked who did he buy? I just answered it fool. Now you're blabbering like a rabid Ekuke :rotf: :rotf: I've told you to shut your mouth but like a dog you keep barking and making yourself look stupid. And yeah your hero Klopp with no European competition finished ahead of Arsenal by a point :mrgreen: ok go have an orgasm .. ode
I keep saying you have a comprehension problem. Do I have to keep breaking things down to retard level just for your benefit?

I asked who Conte bought so we could compare. How is that a problem? Answer my question. Who did he buy so we can compare price. He had a chance to get Luiz back after Chelsea sold him and guess what he did. Now he's a champ. Wenger had the same opportunity with Cesc and he allowed him go to Chelsea to win another title.

You're a dolt for bringing up Wenger's shameless logic. You had no problem insulting Klopp for finishing below Wenger last season (even though he beat Wenger head to head) despite taking over Liverpool midseason but nite you're trying to pull this boolshit excuse. Did you not know Liverpool wasn't competing in Europe at the start of the season? What did Wenger do in Europe? Got smashed 10-2. Now that your he's failed domestically as well failed you're using competing in Europe as excuse. Mschew. Well, assuming United beat Ajax, Arsenal will be the only top EPL club not in the champions league. This means Wenger should easily win the EPL.

Dude, just shut it abeg. Discussing his with you is an exercise in silliness.
Last edited by theYemster on Sun May 21, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

tolahs wrote:Wenger: "We were a force until December but we dropped off. One day I will give the reasons for that."
Gotta ask why tease us with that - we can't wait.
-------------------
Wenger on this summer: "We want to keep the team together & find one or two more players who strengthen the team. But we don't need a lot."

Sure we don't need more than 2??
-------------------
Wenger on Arsenal: "I have said 'no' to every club in the world to stay here with very limited financial resources."

We appreciate that gaffer but where does the buck stop or do we stay forever indebted to the point of lacking any accountability
or expectation to compete for the league title?? Just asking boss.
Still trying to pull the shhhit. Please ho to one of these so called clubs abeg. No be by force. Haba.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Arsenal TV is on. Why do I always agree with D.T. ?
[/video]
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Sharrap you didn't ask shyt for any of your stupid reasons dummy ... you are such a nincompoop.

You have no clue of what you keep pontificating about and when called out for your stupidity, you still continue to double down with your revisionist drivel ... STFU and keep it moving ... your continued bleating and revisionist drivel has become pathetic ... You don't know football so just be quiet ..

Your insults on Wenger are entertaining though :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:Sharrap you didn't ask shyt for any of your stupid reasons dummy ... you are such a nincompoop.

You have no clue of what you keep pontificating about and when called out for your stupidity, you still continue to double down with your revisionist drivel ... STFU and keep it moving ... your continued bleating and revisionist drivel has become pathetic ... You don't know football so just be quiet ..

Your insults on Wenger are entertaining though :taunt: :taunt:
Keep yapping like a parrot. All I know is Europe or not Klopp smashed Wenger home and away, had yet to lose to him since her joined Liverpool, but to mention he also great him as coach of Dortmund, now he's finished above Wenger. Shall we also compare their buys? Klopp bought Mane, Wenger bought Xhaka. That sums up everything. Or you wanna blame that on Europe as well? Any sensible person would just shut their mouth in this situation after Wenger made them look foolish but not you.

Mscheww!!!

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

bepanda wrote:Arsenal TV is on. Why do I always agree with D.T. ?
[/video]
Because you know nothing of football.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

tolahs wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
tolahs wrote:S/O to the guys - they to a man played for that shirt today - they found a way to make a 1 man deficit seem like 2 extra men.

In Gabriel & Kos - we've lost players ripe for an FA cup Final - we really do have big issues.
The gaffer is bent on bringing Ox back as wingback but it'll be dumb to bench Hector.
Hope Alexis got some pop for Wembley - too many minutes played & miles run - hope we don''t pay for that.
I think he plays Ox AND Bells ... Gibbs is out So He starts Bells, Monreal and Holding at the back..
How long's Gibbs out for - we might need to play Monreal as a CB with Holding & Mustafi.
We've guys though w/o fatigue in their legs - Iwobi,Lucas - hope they play a part.
We know Xhaka & Ozil are part of that central MF - we might need a defensive cover but instead of Ramsey i'll play Ox cos he gives that athletic players whose pace creates problems for Konte.
two options one as you describe but the likely will be Bells as one of the back three, not wingback.

Its suicide to play slow mets, + holding + Monreal vs Choski..but he may do that to get physicality and defend high balls to Diego...
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

two options one as you describe but the likely will be Bells as one of the back three, not wingback.

Its suicide to play slow mets, + holding + Monreal vs Choski..but he may do that to get physicality and defend high balls to Diego...
They've mainly played a highline with this back 3 system & got away with not really deploying any DMs - with Chelsea though, you've Hazard & Pedro playing off Costa - that's lethal - Mertesacker cannot play - you've to drop deeper for starters, we don't help out quick enough plus Costa will have a field day.
Mustafi comes in but someone must tell him to stop going to ground like he does -
(by the way - isn't there a way we can appeal the red?(hoping))
You can't play Hector as a CB - not a good enough defender - lacks the physicality - use his pace @wingback.
AW's 2 selections at centre-mid will be a huge call - Xhaka & whom - Ramsey slows the pace of ball movement & easily loses possession but AW likes dude.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

I've screamed to High Heavens for the exit of AW - stay or not, we must get with the program in a far more committed fashion.
When i look at how close we came to making the top 4 - giving my strong believe at some pt this season that we'll finish behind Everton - one looks at the so called tactical gaffer-nerds in that top 2 & have to conclude they ain't all that.

Conte came from managing a big national team in a continental competition - he has been spectacular & his attn to detail, tactical gimmicks to cover his team's weaknesses means he basically blown the competition out of the water. Hands down.
JM - bought big, knows the league - won a trophy & might win another but to say he's been found wanting ain't reaching.
Pep - 1st season back but he has to go along way to prove Barca & Bayern weren't opportunistic
Pochettino - It's one thing to say he has a young squad but how does Spudites explain the ease with which a young Monaco side bounced them?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

tolahs wrote:I've screamed to High Heavens for the exit of AW - stay or not, we must get with the program in a far more committed fashion.
When i look at how close we came to making the top 4 - giving my strong believe at some pt this season that we'll finish behind Everton - one looks at the so called tactical gaffer-nerds in that top 2 & have to conclude they ain't all that.

Conte came from managing a big national team in a continental competition - he has been spectacular & his attn to detail, tactical gimmicks to cover his team's weaknesses means he basically blown the competition out of the water. Hands down.
JM - bought big, knows the league - won a trophy & might win another but to say he's been found wanting ain't reaching.
Pep - 1st season back but he has to go along way to prove Barca & Bayern weren't opportunistic
Pochettino - It's one thing to say he has a young squad but how does Spudites explain the ease with which a young Monaco side bounced them?
Ease? Ignoring that Monaco are a very good side that required Juventus to knock them out. The matches werent easy for Monaco.

Home Leg - http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... index.html

Away Leg - http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... index.html
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

T'is best to leave the other houses out of discussion when one's roof is leaking. After 38 games, the best Wenger could deliver was 5th and a bigger double figure deficit than last season. Some might say there was no more than a point in it, such slender margins have decided heavyweight titles and Olympic golds. One point or twenty, it was still failure no less. A successful FA Cup campaign will place it's ever absorbent Band Aid over the gaping wound and all will be forgetten till the body exsanguinates. It hasn't been good for some time and is only going to get worse. That being said, two years.
Last edited by Coach on Mon May 22, 2017 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Robbie is just losing it. WTF is he talking about? "Expecting to win the league every year" ... we haven't won it in 12+ years Robbie. Arsenal asks fans to pay the highest $$$ of any teams in EPL and we can't demand a coach to go for EPL title?
And the idea that no coach will come to Arsenal because we are in the Europa League is just plain ignorant. Conte joins Chelsea ... which league were they in? NONE. JM joined Man U. Playing Euro League. Pogba left Juventus (CL) to play Euro League. What is wrong with there people?
[/video]
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Arsenal 3-1 Everton | If Wenger Stays It'll Be Selfish & Arrogant!! (Chris Hudson Passionate Rant) a real Arsenal fan.

[/video]
Last edited by realtrouble on Mon May 22, 2017 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Akuko Uwa.

Uncle Vee (Wenger) is going nowhere!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Nkume wrote:
[/video]
........and you know even less to nothing
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Gooner1 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
[/video]
........and you know even less to nothing
... and you know even less than less.