The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Komani
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Komani »

Arsenal in talks with Eupen to sign Onyekuru
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

realtrouble wrote:
Nkume wrote:It is clear to me now that Wenger was Sabotaged this season. The board is useless.
No mind dem Nkume, the useless board sabotaged this Arsenal season with £90 million worth of players that took Arsenal from second to fifth. :???: :???: :???:
The delusion of some people.

Well, even if he's right, both Mourinho and Ranieri were "sabotaged" as well, and their respective clubs did what was necessary.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

We are a better club than fourth etc etc....Rubbish! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wenger spoilt you people, year in-year out even when we had no right and claimed 4th you jokers belittled the achievement, after you refused to support the team this season, spent all year moaning instead of supporting the team (Go back and look at your own contribution over the 600+ pages here) you now want to point the finger and blame AW only...bull****.

Either you like it or not, WE are all reaping what WE have sown... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And if anything it serves us right that a useless team with nothing on us (Not their manager, not their players, not money, not playing style) at anything beat us to it in the end you want to know why, THE LIVERPOOL FANS SUPPORTED THEIR TEAM, WEEK IN - WEK OUT! IT IS A GOOD LESSON TO LEARN... :biggrin:

And YES we are going to the Europa Cup, I have supported Arsenal in the Europa league before and I will happily do it again just as Manure, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs fans have done at different points over the last 20 years as they have not always finished in the top 4.

Whoever is not happy can go and support one of the other clubs, it is not by force! See the true ones next season as we rebuild....and if you don't learn to support the team there may not even be any European football season after the next. :lol:
To God be the glory
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Club is a mess top to bottom, everyone, every single entity, be it the Kronke, board, Gazidis and AW all about self preservation.

It's clear toxicity behind the scenes has been building for some time, it's clear there is very little legit communication from Kronke to board, from board to Wenger, between Wenger and Gazidis. All powers that be at Arsenal have been playing a passive aggressive game of thrones for months on end and it's crippled this club.

This idea a little more fan support or few more transfers would have cured the shambles that is at the very top of the Arsenal powers brokers is beyond ignorant. This fall has been a long time coming.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Mon May 22, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Welcome to 2005.

So myopic the morons.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Club is a mess top to bottom, everyone single entity be it the Kronke, board, Gazidis and AW all about self preservation.

It's clear toxicity behind the scenes has been building for some time, it's clear there is very little legit communication from Kronke to board, from board to Wenger, between Wenger and Gazidis. All powers that be at Arsenal have been playing a passive aggressive game of thrones for months on end and it's crippled this club.

This idea a little more fan support or few more transfers would have cured the shambles that is at the very top of the Arsenal powers brokers is beyond ignorant. This fall has been a long time coming.
Can't do anything about the power struggle, as the saying goes....worry about what you can control.

AW & The players part of the few who can come out of this with any credit...at least they were professional and put the work in to actually make a fairly decent end to a season where they could barely count on the fans.

FANS did not do enough for me as a group, sorry!! A clear section were saboteurs...and were just as good as the opposition at demoralising the team. It is shameful...

We have got exactly what we deserved.
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
bully12 wrote:What is the exact plans of Arsenal for Nwakali ? Are they going to give him a chance to compete for a shirt or loan him out again to one obscure team ? The boy may have to demand transfer from that misery and a miserable team. Surely, he made an egregious mistake signing with them the first place . The earlier he moves far away the better for him.
Had a teen-ager like Mikel gone to Arsenal, it would've been better for his career because Wenger would've inserted him straight into the first team. Chelsea would never give a teen-ager a chance and he'd rot in reserves or head out to endless loans. No way Mikel lasts ten years at Chelsea with the array of world class midfielders he'd compete against.

Regards,
Waffiman :bump:
Look who is talking. What has Chelski done with their youth players. When it comes to youth? What happened to Omeuro who has had more loan clubs than hot dinners? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Your hypocrisy is an embarrassment. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Nkume wrote:It is clear to me now that Wenger was Sabotaged this season. The board is useless.
If he is a principled and proud man, he should walk away
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:
bully12 wrote:What is the exact plans of Arsenal for Nwakali ? Are they going to give him a chance to compete for a shirt or loan him out again to one obscure team ? The boy may have to demand transfer from that misery and a miserable team. Surely, he made an egregious mistake signing with them the first place . The earlier he moves far away the better for him.
Had a teen-ager like Mikel gone to Arsenal, it would've been better for his career because Wenger would've inserted him straight into the first team. Chelsea would never give a teen-ager a chance and he'd rot in reserves or head out to endless loans. No way Mikel lasts ten years at Chelsea with the array of world class midfielders he'd compete against.

Regards,
Waffiman :bump:
Look who is talking. What has Chelski done with their youth players. When it comes to youth? What happened to Omeuro who has had more loan clubs than hot dinners? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Your hypocrisy is an embarrassment. :oops: :oops: :oops:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

realtrouble wrote:
No mind dem Nkume, the useless board sabotaged this Arsenal season with £90 million worth of players that took Arsenal from second to fifth. :???: :???: :???:
Z

Nkume is not only clueless off the field, he was worse on it :woot: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Club is a mess top to bottom, everyone single entity be it the Kronke, board, Gazidis and AW all about self preservation.

Can't do anything about the power struggle, as the saying goes....worry about what you can control.

AW & The players part of the few who can come out of this with any credit...at least they were professional and put the work in to actually make a fairly decent end to a season where they could barely count on the fans.

FANS did not do enough for me as a group, sorry!! A clear section were saboteurs...and were just as good as the opposition at demoralising the team. It is shameful...

We have got exactly what we deserved.

The fans did not recruit scrub players and persist with playing them :idea:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

How do you know this? Do you work there?

Over a period of the season there were issues, which cost us. Prior to that and after, we showed form that suggest your analysis is BS. No need to exaggerate, we have had a poor season, but we finished 75 points, more than last season and more than enough for our minimum objective for the past 10 seasons. Given the above, are things as bad as you claim? Certainly not. The key now is the next move by the club.

Normally, by this time I have ST renewals, none of us have had it it. Stock exchange rules are clear, if there is a potential for a significant change, the club cannot send out renewals until this change is know to its members. What is this change?

I know many of you here just blab on without having a clue. Read what I wrote above and think about it. The next 2 to 3 weeks are huge for Arsenal.

Oh! We waited for the anti-Wenger protest from the fans at the Emirates all season, it never arrived. But we got a large (not the vast majority but enough) anti Kroenke and even some anti Gazidis protests. Meanwhile the fans did not protest against Wenger;. At the Emirates, they know the man takes the bullet for the Board and they cannot give him a hard time. But the times, they are a changing.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:Image

Wenger spoilt you people, year in-year out even when we had no right and claimed 4th you jokers belittled the achievement, after you refused to support the team this season, spent all year moaning instead of supporting the team (Go back and look at your own contribution over the 600+ pages here) you now want to point the finger and blame AW only...bull****.

Either you like it or not, WE are all reaping what WE have sown... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And if anything it serves us right that a useless team with nothing on us (Not their manager, not their players, not money, not playing style) at anything beat us to it in the end you want to know why, THE LIVERPOOL FANS SUPPORTED THEIR TEAM, WEEK IN - WEK OUT! IT IS A GOOD LESSON TO LEARN... :biggrin:

And YES we are going to the Europa Cup, I have supported Arsenal in the Europa league before and I will happily do it again just as Manure, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs fans have done at different points over the last 20 years as they have not always finished in the top 4.

Whoever is not happy can go and support one of the other clubs, it is not by force! See the true ones next season as we rebuild....and if you don't learn to support the team there may not even be any European football season after the next. :lol:
My dear bro, please continue to educate. Besides, the man they insult, set the standards they now take as an entitlement. It shows how ignorant most of them really are.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Z

Nkume is not only clueless off the field, he was worse on it :woot: :rotf: :rotf:

kaiiiiiii :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: why you come skatta persin pikin like this?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:

Over a period of the season there were issues, which cost us. Prior to that and after, we showed form that suggest your analysis is BS. No need to exaggerate, we have had a poor season, but we finished 75 points, more than last season and more than enough for our minimum objective for the past 10 seasons. Given the above, are things as bad as you claim? Certainly not. The key now is the next move by the club.

Normally, by this time I have ST renewals, none of us have had it it. Stock exchange rules are clear, if there is a potential for a significant change, the club cannot send out renewals until this change is know to its members. What is this change?

I know many of you here just blab on without having a clue. Read what I wrote above and think about it. The next 2 to 3 weeks are huge for Arsenal.

Oh! We waited for the anti-Wenger protest from the fans at the Emirates all season, it never arrived. But we got a large (not the vast majority but enough) anti Kroenke and even some anti Gazidis protests. Meanwhile the fans did not protest against Wenger;. At the Emirates, they know the man takes the bullet for the Board and they cannot give him a hard time. But the times, they are a changing.
Oh stop how many times must you bathe in wrongness before you step back and admit what's happening?

Recall last pre season and my warnings about what to comes vs Liverpool, about the utterly poor preparation leading up to PL opener vs Liverpool...as per usual you came with your same bull in the china shop defiance, defending of all things Wenger and Arsenal and what happened?

Recall my posts regarding the Santi conundrum and the disarray that will follow..again your reaction was 500 page dossier on how the finer workings of balance, fitness, team building confidence sessions with DR.Phil would ensure loss of Santi was countered effectively..agin result sans Santi.

Recall for years I have stated at the very top of the club it's a shambles, held together by a regressing AW..you roared that the people running Arsenal were fantastic stewards and were running the club in an elite manner. Now only in last few months, with AW lame duck contract and Arsenal missing out of top 4 have you conceded Arsenal powers that be have made a mess of this season.

Recall two summers ago when I stated Cech is very likely the only addition Arsenal will make ..again you came in railed at me, that Arsenal were not done in transfer market and again result....

Again you can continue to bathe in wrongness, continue with your 500 page dossiers, defending all things Wenger and Arsenal..I'll be here posting the facts as they are not as Gooners wish them to be.

Bottom line there are two types of people in life, those who only care about being right and those who only care about getting it right..sadly you're the former, thankfully I'm the latter.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Skylolo wrote:Image

Yada yada yada ok. Let him go and spoil other fans. Try Barcelona...I hear they're in the market for a new gaffer. Their fans are used to being spoiled so Wenger'll be right at home there.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Bottom line there are two types of people in life, those who only care about being right and those who only care about getting it right..sadly you're the former, thankfully I'm the latter.
:D

He is just as shameless as Wenger. Looking for silly excuses. I really hope Wenger stays because the results only get worse and his legacy will continue to erode and he will feverishly leave in disgrace like all sit tight despots and all the graphs, charts, and editorials by Waffib and his crew won't save him. If he had any sense he ought to have left after running the FA Cup against Hull City three years ago.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Oh stop how many times must you bathe in wrongness before you step back and admit what's happening?

Recall last pre season and my warnings about what to comes vs Liverpool, about the utterly poor preparation leading up to PL opener vs Liverpool...as per usual you came with your same bull in the china shop defiance, defending of all things Wenger and Arsenal and what happened?

Recall my posts regarding the Santi conundrum and the disarray that will follow..again your reaction was 500 page dossier on how the finer workings of balance, fitness, team building confidence sessions with DR.Phil would ensure loss of Santi was countered effectively..agin result sans Santi.

Recall for years I have stated at the very top of the club it's a shambles, held together by a regressing AW..you roared that the people running Arsenal were fantastic stewards and were running the club in an elite manner. Now only in last few months, with AW lame duck contract and Arsenal missing out of top 4 have you conceded Arsenal powers that be have made a mess of this season.

Recall two summers ago when I stated Cech is very likely the only addition Arsenal will make ..again you came in railed at me, that Arsenal were not done in transfer market and again result....

Again you can continue to bathe in wrongness, continue with your 500 page dossiers, defending all things Wenger and Arsenal..I'll be here posting the facts as they are not as Gooners wish them to be.

Bottom line there are two types of people in life, those who only care about being right and those who only care about getting it right..sadly you're the former, thankfully I'm the latter.
How can you claim a damn thing on the basis of sheer ignorance? The fact is your claims are BS because you had no knowledge of what was going on inside the club when you calimed to have made such claims. I am not a professional and will never be arrogant to claim to know better than the professionals. A guess is not a claim based on knowledge but if you are a soothsayer and a football sage, who am I to argue? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

You post all those BS Twitter stories about Wenger and Gazidis plus more, and take it gospel. :oops: :oops: :oops: You even use such BS as a basis of your conclusion as to what is wrong in the club. :scared: :scared: :scared: Something is wrong and Twitter land is getting into your head and mashing it up. :???: :???: This is ridiculous, I often make fun of people like this, only to read you losing the plot and joining in such conspiracy theories. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

None of us have a clue as to what is really going on. We can speculate and listen to rumours but the fact is we do not know a thing. We certainly do not know better than those who run the club. This is what I find extraordinary about your BS. On the basis of some Twitter rumour you have made conclusion about the management of the club. Come on! Get a grip and stop living in lala land. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

What is worse is listening to sections of the Emirates having a go at Kroenke and a smaller section at Gazidis. I have waited all season for Wenger to get it in the neck on the basis of what has happened on the pitch but no. He gets nothing, instead, on the basis of rumours and Usmanov, they get it in the neck from the fans. On what basis? Or maybe it is because Kroenke took money out of the club. The fact is each fan that had a go at Kroenke had their reason but most of them would have heard all these rumours. These are rumours, do not use these as a basis to draw conclusions about the football club. I can understand having a go at the owner for taking money out of the club but nothing else because they do not know anything else. Maybe you are watching those dumb jailbird, nincompoops at ArsenalfanTV. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

From your post, you are being a massive hypocrite because unlike you are trying to claim, you only care about being right and the evidence is in your words. You cannot care about getting it right from your words. :oops: :oops: :oops:

However, it is one thing to beat your chest, claiming with such hubris about caring about getting it right, when in fact you do not have an idea as to what it is to get right because you are not in a position to know exactly what to get right, and it is another thing to base such claims on Social media gossip. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come on, listen to yourself. :ohmy: :ohmy: Why do you take yourself so seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Get a grip. I can wind up scum here and make them look foolish to an extent they do not have a life but to continue responding to me on Arsenal issues even when I ignore them, but you are too clever for that. You are not some impotent d#$% who shoots blanks but think they are the most virile in the village because you are on social media. You are not like some scum here who just insult because they have nothing in terms of pure football knowledge to offer. You are better than that and do not get sucked into this social media arrogance of knowing better on the basis of knowing nothing at all.

I know nothing, it is why I use the words 'RUMOURS' constantly. Rumours as posted by me here from whatever source have never been facts. The facts are on the pitch and what comes out be it officially or unofficially via press releases from the club's journalistic sources.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bouncino wrote:
If he is a principled and proud man, he should walk away
I disagree my dear bro. If he is a principled and proud man, he will stay to fix the problem. He built the club, no one is hurting more than him for this season. I hope he gets the chance to put it right.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote:Like I said earlier on at the beginning of the season Usmanov ain't playin'
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: This summer is going to be hot
Oh! Do not for a moment think the majority of Arsenal fans want that gangster from Russia.

Yep! Very hot. Kroenke's panicking on the basis of what. Social Media!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I was at the stadium. A loud minority Yes! Certainly not a majority.

I can tell you this for free. Arsenal fans are extremely resentful of the role that kid is rumoured to be playing at the club. Arsenal fans hate the fact that a kid like him seats on the Board cos of his father and is getting so much publicity. He should STFU and pretend like he does not exist because he will only invite embarrassment for himself and his family . There are many reasons to despise Kroenke, he is certainly one of them, so I am not surprised if he wants out already, he has gotten a taste of what it is to be on the wrong end of the stick of fans in England and it is not nice. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the bad news for you Usmanov fan is on the official statement from the Kroenkes, it confirms Matt Scott was wrong and he is being crucified on Twitter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Europa League equals cheaper ST tickets. HURRAAYYYYYY!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

They have cut over £200 off my ST. It is now less than £800 for the same number of games as in the CL. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Basically, my ST price means I get to pay £31 per game at the Emirates next. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Way less than What Chelski and Spuds paid in similar and less positions but the club will not get the credit. Instead you will still the rubbish about the most expensive tickets from ignorant *kindpeople* who have never paid a time for a ticket. Fark them all. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The downside, does this mean we may lose players? I fear the worst but I understand. We must move uncommitted players on. They cost us CL football in the first place.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Rumours of Arsenal being in talks to sign Henry Onyekuru from Belgian side KAS Eupen. Release clause £6.8m. Top scorer in Belgium
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:Europa League equals cheaper ST tickets. HURRAAYYYYYY!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

They have cut over £200 off my ST. It is now less than £800 for the same number of games as in the CL. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Basically, my ST price means I get to pay £31 per game at the Emirates next. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Way less than What Chelski and Spuds paid in similar and less positions but the club will not get the credit. Instead you will still the rubbish about the most expensive tickets from ignorant kind people who have never paid a time for a ticket. Fark them all. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The downside, does this mean we may lose players? I fear the worst but I understand. We must move uncommitted players on. They cost us CL football in the first place.
Let me guess who these players are:
1. Alexis
2. Sanchez
3. Alexis Sanchez
4. Sanchez, Alexis
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."