The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:beIN's @PhilSchoen: "I thought Mbappé to #AFC was impossible. Now, IMHO it just might happen. Thomas Lemar, as well."
Thanks for confirmation what I have been saying about Bein Sport. BTW! They said Arsenal put in the world record bid for the player - beating Real Madrid's offer.

But other rumours now claim, the kid will stay at Monaco.

Waffi stop telling fables :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Please give it up :rotf: Your jig has long been up :laugh:

World record bid my nyash ....See Urhobo wayo man :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:beIN's @PhilSchoen: "I thought Mbappé to #AFC was impossible. Now, IMHO it just might happen. Thomas Lemar, as well."
Thanks for confirmation what I have been saying about Bein Sport. BTW! They said Arsenal put in the world record bid for the player - beating Real Madrid's offer.

But other rumours now claim, the kid will stay at Monaco.

Waffi stop telling fables :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Please give it up :rotf: Your jig has long been up :laugh:

World record bid my nyash ....See Urhobo wayo man :D
Uncle Aniks is the boy that good for us to even offered that amount?I mean the boy this time last year no body even know him.Wenger putting such bid just to make us feel good,he better be careful before they accept the offer and he cant turn it down
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

mmeny wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Coach wrote:^Unfortunately there are those who win a league with lesser players and others who squander better. The game needed a cap on transfer fees and wages a long time ago, it never came, now, madness reigns. Sadly, the antithesis was a fantastic failure, Bendtner, Szczesznyzzz, Denilson, Djorou etc, these guys were supposed to be our Ajax by now. Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Oxlade, Frimpong, sadly when the school's are failing, there's little choice but to find the end product in the market place. Crazy can be avoided, but mad is inevitable.
KPOM!! As long as Football continues to make a lot of money, Forget it!!

Abi? So if Waffi is saying as a manager, he won't spend 'crazy' money on players, he should come and tell us where all the "crazy money" coming in should go. So football makes money, Wenger gets pain >8 million, then you elect to field the likes of Djorou, Frimpong Gibbs, etc against Tottenham's Wanyama, Dembele, Erikson, etc? And this is the same Arsenal with scouts in France that consistently fail to spot talent?
Wenger was on less than £8m then. It was £6m, then £7m. He was grossly underpaid. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Wenger gave us CL football with players like Djourou. He deserves to earn more for that alone.

Oh! I know you like to mention the few who never made it, but for every Djourou, there has been Vieira, Henry, Anelka, Flamini, Wilford, Petit, Grimaldi, Cesc, Adebayor, RvP, etc etc. You get the drift. :taunt: :taunt:

Wenger's genius in spotting and developing talent has been one of the mainstays on which Arsenal's successes have been built on, not buy spending silly money. This is an undisputed fact that holds till the present. You talk of Dembele, Ericsson and Wanyama, Wenger bought Vieira, Toure, Anelka, and Fabregas for less than £5m total. Just look at what they won. But why let the facts get in the way of the negativity. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

That French league and scouts you try to belittle have given us some of the great talents at Arsenal and they still do, at present we have Kos, Coq and young Rene Adelaide in our current squad. So much for failing to spot talent eh! :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh! When you have time, look at the youth team, there are a few there too.

But you expose yourself by bringing in Spuds. Indeed, it is a desperate call, so I must give you a canning for this glorious faux pas. :woot:

So let's deal in facts: Spuds have spent more money than Arsenal in the 10 years they have won no trophies. But you bang on about this current great players of theirs who are so good they have won nothing. The Arsenal players are so bad, they have won 2 FA Cups in the time this Spuds team came to prominence. Indeed, I recall watching Arsenal beat them on the way to winning one of the FA Cups

Spuds have now gone longer without a trophy than Arsenal ever did in the infamous 2005-2014 period. But those Arsenal fans here who kept on about it, now have the gall to rabbit on about Spuds who have won far more trophies and finished above Arsenal consistently in the same period. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Current top 5 have all finished out of the top 4 in the last 7 seasons. But if Arsenal do for the first time in 21 years, Spuds have greater players and Arsenal are rubbish. Well according to you with your Erickson, Wanyama and Dembele. :bored: :dream:

Pochettino is the only manager in the world who has won fark all trophies and is considered a top manager, even better than Wenger by some demented dumbos here. I know say you never reach that level, but at the rate, I need to start saying prayers for you. :( :mad: :sad:

But when I see you and your brothers in negativity go on here about Spuds and these great players of theirs, you think they have not only won the league, they have indeed won it unbeaten at the Emirates. To show how fickle you lot are, I find it laughable you levelling the Spuds at Wenger. He has given us two decades of dominance over them, yet you whine and cry like a salah goat cos of one season. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Finally, just a friendly reminder that Pochettino has never won a major trophy in his managerial career. :wink: :sneaky:
FACTS ONLY. Kai Chief O damn this gotta hurt.

You think I read any thesis by waffi longer than 5 lines? The guy will bamboozle you with ojoro "facts" mixed with fabu. Before you know it, you will be eating from his hand and you will hand him all your money. Kpele...be following Waffi there. All of these facts just to convince you that there is no need to spend "crazy money", regardless of what the market rates are.

PS* Waffi onc convinced the entire Arsenal fandom that Coq was the best midfielder in Europe.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I cannot and will not be a manager or sporting director. At today's prices, I will not buy any player. I play the youth rather than pay silly money.
Understandable if you are coaching a League one team. No excuse when you are a top 10 revenue club reaping the rewards of record TV revenues and a manager collecting close to 10 mil a year
So says the sage, who believes spending money stupidly is the only way to success. So the fact that you are a top ten revenue club means you should waste the money irrespective of your expenses. The problem with you and your ilk is, you all know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Arsenal unfortunately have to pay over the odds, but I trust Wenger to pay over the odds for the right player. Wenger himself said, he will pay £100m for a player if he in his judgement felt it was value for the club.

Think about that.
Won't be surprised if AW outbids RM for this player. And IMHO it is a selfish move on AW's part. Before you crucify me for it hear my thoughts on this. AW just signed a 2 year contract which i believe and mark these words will be extended to another two years. Won't be surprised if that is even done as early as next season. Now anyone who has seen Mbappe believe he could turn out to be another TH. He has all it takes to be one. Now say Arsenal nay AW pays today's world record fee for him and lands him. And expected AW pays special attention to him and nurtures him to to fullfill his potential. In the process he helps Arsenal win a few EPL and possibly the UCL. In 4 years time when RM will come calling who says the today's world record price AW would have paid for him would not have doubled by then going by the crazy prices being quoted? Thus Arsenal would have doubled its ROI on the player and won trophies along the line thus helping AW to retire with honour then. See why i say it is selfish on AW because he has a target date to finally leave Arsenal and wants to win all he wants to win within that period.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I cannot and will not be a manager or sporting director. At today's prices, I will not buy any player. I play the youth rather than pay silly money.
Understandable if you are coaching a League one team. No excuse when you are a top 10 revenue club reaping the rewards of record TV revenues and a manager collecting close to 10 mil a year
So says the sage, who believes spending money stupidly is the only way to success. So the fact that you are a top ten revenue club means you should waste the money irrespective of your expenses. The problem with you and your ilk is, you all know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Arsenal unfortunately have to pay over the odds, but I trust Wenger to pay over the odds for the right player. Wenger himself said, he will pay £100m for a player if he in his judgement felt it was value for the club.

Think about that.
Won't be surprised if AW outbids RM for this player. And IMHO it is a selfish move on AW's part. Before you crucify me for it hear my thoughts on this. AW just signed a 2 year contract which i believe and mark these words will be extended to another two years. Won't be surprised if that is even done as early as next season. Now anyone who has seen Mbappe believe he could turn out to be another TH. He has all it takes to be one. Now say Arsenal nay AW pays today's world record fee for him and lands him. And expected AW pays special attention to him and nurtures him to to fullfill his potential. In the process he helps Arsenal win a few EPL and possibly the UCL. In 4 years time when RM will come calling who says the today's world record price AW would have paid for him would not have doubled by then going by the crazy prices being quoted? Thus Arsenal would have doubled its ROI on the player and won trophies along the line thus helping AW to retire with honour then. See why i say it is selfish on AW because he has a target date to finally leave Arsenal and wants to win all he wants to win within that period.
So Azuka, what's your point again?
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Coach wrote:^Unfortunately there are those who win a league with lesser players and others who squander better. The game needed a cap on transfer fees and wages a long time ago, it never came, now, madness reigns. Sadly, the antithesis was a fantastic failure, Bendtner, Szczesznyzzz, Denilson, Djorou etc, these guys were supposed to be our Ajax by now. Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Oxlade, Frimpong, sadly when the school's are failing, there's little choice but to find the end product in the market place. Crazy can be avoided, but mad is inevitable.

Abi? So if Waffi is saying as a manager, he won't spend 'crazy' money on players, he should come and tell us where all the "crazy money" coming in should go. So football makes money, Wenger gets pain >8 million, then you elect to field the likes of Djorou, Frimpong Gibbs, etc against Tottenham's Wanyama, Dembele, Erikson, etc? And this is the same Arsenal with scouts in France that consistently fail to spot talent?
Wenger was on less than £8m then. It was £6m, then £7m. He was grossly underpaid. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Wenger gave us CL football with players like Djourou. He deserves to earn more for that alone.

Oh! I know you like to mention the few who never made it, but for every Djourou, there has been Vieira, Henry, Anelka, Flamini, Wilford, Petit, Grimaldi, Cesc, Adebayor, RvP, etc etc. You get the drift. :taunt: :taunt:

Wenger's genius in spotting and developing talent has been one of the mainstays on which Arsenal's successes have been built on, not buy spending silly money. This is an undisputed fact that holds till the present. You talk of Dembele, Ericsson and Wanyama, Wenger bought Vieira, Toure, Anelka, and Fabregas for less than £5m total. Just look at what they won. But why let the facts get in the way of the negativity. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

That French league and scouts you try to belittle have given us some of the great talents at Arsenal and they still do, at present we have Kos, Coq and young Rene Adelaide in our current squad. So much for failing to spot talent eh! :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh! When you have time, look at the youth team, there are a few there too.

But you expose yourself by bringing in Spuds. Indeed, it is a desperate call, so I must give you a canning for this glorious faux pas. :woot:

So let's deal in facts: Spuds have spent more money than Arsenal in the 10 years they have won no trophies. But you bang on about this current great players of theirs who are so good they have won nothing. The Arsenal players are so bad, they have won 2 FA Cups in the time this Spuds team came to prominence. Indeed, I recall watching Arsenal beat them on the way to winning one of the FA Cups

Spuds have now gone longer without a trophy than Arsenal ever did in the infamous 2005-2014 period. But those Arsenal fans here who kept on about it, now have the gall to rabbit on about Spuds who have won far more trophies and finished above Arsenal consistently in the same period. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Current top 5 have all finished out of the top 4 in the last 7 seasons. But if Arsenal do for the first time in 21 years, Spuds have greater players and Arsenal are rubbish. Well according to you with your Erickson, Wanyama and Dembele. :bored: :dream:

Pochettino is the only manager in the world who has won fark all trophies and is considered a top manager, even better than Wenger by some demented dumbos here. I know say you never reach that level, but at the rate, I need to start saying prayers for you. :( :mad: :sad:

But when I see you and your brothers in negativity go on here about Spuds and these great players of theirs, you think they have not only won the league, they have indeed won it unbeaten at the Emirates. To show how fickle you lot are, I find it laughable you levelling the Spuds at Wenger. He has given us two decades of dominance over them, yet you whine and cry like a salah goat cos of one season. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Finally, just a friendly reminder that Pochettino has never won a major trophy in his managerial career. :wink: :sneaky:
All of these as a rejoinder to the need for a financial cap in football and how the quality of your team has fallen? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Waffiman, you start frothing when people mention Spurs. There was a post I made when I joined over 14-15 years ago about how things were about to change in NL. My predictions came to pass. Your team has stagnated. Spurs has improved since Martin Jol took over from finishing in the lower half. Of course you have had better players - You have been in a far better position. Wenger came in with knowledge of the French league. Now the scouting knowledge is fairly consistent - what new gem has he brought up? It has taken time for us to rebuild from the years of financial failure. Spurs was in chaos. Stupid decisions by chairmen including the chaotic roundabout of 8 managers in 9 years. Levy has taken time to rebuild. But over the last ten years - I will not swap with you guys ditto yourself not swapping. We know why. We love our clubs and the philosophy behind them. The lack of a trophy is a sore point - Aye. For the first time in Spurs history, we are about to go more than 10 years without a trophy.

There is a reason why Poch is considered a top manager by neutrals. It is simply because of the work he has done at Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs. However he is a young coach and he will win trophies. For now, we are enjoying the building process with him. I suspect this season will be painful for Spurs but it will be another good growing period.

By the way SPURS have not spent more money than Arsenal over the last ten years. Transfer Fees + Salaries + Bonuses makes that very clear!!

PS wrt trophies, So that means you admit Mourinho is a far better manager than Wenger. Afterall he has won much more trophies. Ne c'est pas? The worth of a manager is in the number of trophies regardless of the material he has. That is one of the reasons, football is going crazy.

PPS You also need to ready what your fellow Arsenal fans say. At times you come off as shooting from the hip even giving away friendly fire.

PPPS This is football. Enjoy it!! C'est la vie.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mmeny wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

You think I read any thesis by waffi longer than 5 lines? The guy will bamboozle you with ojoro "facts" mixed with fabu. Before you know it, you will be eating from his hand and you will hand him all your money. Kpele...be following Waffi there. All of these facts just to convince you that there is no need to spend "crazy money", regardless of what the market rates are.

PS* Waffi onc convinced the entire Arsenal fandom that Coq was the best midfielder in Europe.
Why waste money on ungrateful footballers when you can use it to pay for Donald Trump's campaign or just buy a winnery (Bonneau du Martray) in france
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mmeny wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Chief....u be my guy, but speak the truth and let the devil be ashamed abeg......
U fiend off waffi opaks off season, high on delirium and false expectations.......midway thru mid season, you finally convince yourself to go cold
turkey.......then you repeat the whole process again.......
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

Think about that.
Won't be surprised if AW outbids RM for this player :scared: :laugh: :laugh: :rotf: :rotf: . And IMHO it is a selfish move on AW's part. Before you crucify me for it hear my thoughts on this. AW just signed a 2 year contract which i believe and mark these words will be extended to another two years. Won't be surprised if that is even done as early as next season. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Now anyone who has seen Mbappe believe he could turn out to be another TH. He has all it takes to be one. Now say Arsenal nay AW pays today's world record fee for him and lands him. And expected AW pays special attention to him and nurtures him to to fullfill his potential. In the process he helps Arsenal win a few EPL and possibly the UCL. In 4 years time when RM will come calling who says the today's world record price AW would have paid for him would not have doubled by then going by the crazy prices being quoted? Thus Arsenal would have doubled its ROI on the player and won trophies along the line thus helping AW to retire with honour then. See why i say it is selfish on AW because he has a target date to finally leave Arsenal and wants to win all he wants to win within that period.
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Gooner1 wrote:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Chief....u be my guy, but speak the truth and let the devil be ashamed abeg......
U fiend off waffi opaks off season, high on delirium and false expectations.......midway thru mid season, you finally convince yourself to go cold
turkey.......then you repeat the whole process again.......

Guilty as charged. But don't blame me...Arsenal's best part of the season is when everyone and their sons are "begging to play for Wenger"... I try to enjoy feeling like the fan of a VERY big club for those months...util we sign another Sanogo.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Everton stole one from Arsenal. If Onyekuru becomes a GOAT at Arsenal he will be another almost signed.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Again does anyone work at the Emirates???

There are a lot of players with expiring contracts who are unsold or not renewed and they have still not spent a penny on new players with the first preseason game less than 20 days away :ohmy:

These clowns are truly not serious :roll: where have you gone DAVID Dein :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

balo wrote:Everton stole one from Arsenal. If Onyekuru becomes a GOAT at Arsenal he will be another almost signed.
no stole anything from anyone.......it's MS (Malingerers's Excuse) as usual @ the Emirates....there is no difference between this year and last

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

England about to line up vs Germany in the Euro U-21 semis and Callumity chambers once again starts over Rib Holding smh.

Speaking of Euro age grade titles this article caught my attention

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -2009.html

MLK.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

what specifically about the article caught your attention?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Asked through a wry smile. If ever a question has implied its own answer...How the Premier League, by comparison, has failed to develop the heirs apparent of those times, with the same efficiency ad the Bundesliga. Is that not the implied Good man?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

2-2. Young Lions can't hold on to the lead .... they really need Holding back there smh ... on the other hand Gnabry has been relatively held in check .... damn wish I could watch the rest of this good game

MLK.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Gooner1 wrote:
balo wrote:Everton stole one from Arsenal. If Onyekuru becomes a GOAT at Arsenal he will be another almost signed.
no stole anything from anyone.......it's MS (Malingerers's Excuse) as usual @ the Emirates....there is no difference between this year and last

"Malingerer" is at Mbappe's family house following him everywhere with the hope the guy will prefer Thursday football over Tuesdays'... Do not underestimate those efforts. :thumb:
Last edited by balo on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Pickford denies Gnabry who seems to have woken up ... what a strike from Philip .... England on the rack .

MThid Pickford is one helluva keeper

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

anikulapo wrote:Again does anyone work at the Emirates???

There are a lot of players with expiring contracts who are unsold or not renewed and they have still not spent a penny on new players with the first preseason game less than 20 days away :ohmy:

These clowns are truly not serious :roll: where have you gone DAVID Dein :curse:

Haba, they are trying now. They nearly signed Onyekuru.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wow look at this Callumity .... blaming his teammate thinking they had blown his lead but fortunately for Wngland the linesman erroneously gives the Young Lions a lifeline.

England on the rack ... Germans dominating

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Gnabry off, was pretty much shyt today :taunt:

MLK.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote:what specifically about the article caught your attention?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved