Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 557, 558, 559, 560, 561, 562, 563 ... 661  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:27 am
Posts: 12634
realtrouble wrote:
The Stats Don't Lie.

Arsenal have stood still for the best part of 5 years, when I saw this statistic presented by BT Sport, I thought it best to share with my fellow gooners. Arsenal have been consistent for the best part of 5 years, this year is not an anomaly, the problems is that Liverpool, Spurs ,Mancity and Everton have all improved


Image

then again u can say that arsenal have not regressed but have stayed consistent
data is subjective.......

_________________
Quote:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 4452
kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Danfo e don do haba,God help nus on monday oooh.
Thinking if we drop points how things might turn.....


You don look table today?

You guys are 7th. :taunt: :taunt: :scared: :scared: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Please biko e don do that is why i pray we win monday and get out of that position.
But if we win and chelsea win then Jose might be 7th :rotf:



Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 31847
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Gooner1 wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
The Stats Don't Lie.

Arsenal have stood still for the best part of 5 years, when I saw this statistic presented by BT Sport, I thought it best to share with my fellow gooners. Arsenal have been consistent for the best part of 5 years, this year is not an anomaly, the problems is that Liverpool, Spurs ,Mancity and Everton have all improved


Image

then again u can say that arsenal have not regressed but have stayed consistent
data is subjective.......

Skylolo did say Arsenal is consistent so there you have it...

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 8452
Spurs vs Chelsea - FASF next week looks like a hot ticket now
Us vs Manc looking like a damp squib - we need more than miracles.
At a time when our English players are blamed for a lot - how come Manu got theirs doing big things - what does it say about coaching drills & team expectations!!

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm
Posts: 6355
Are you saying that Arsenal has been getting top 4 , mostly because other top teams around them have had wild swings in their performances and not because of any magic performed by Wenger? Chelsea, Spurs, City, United have had 3-4 coaches in average each in the past 4-5 years, while Arsenal has used the same coach consistently?
These teams now seem to have found their long term answers at coach. If these teams put aside their coaching carrousel and personal turmoils I doubt Wenger has any chance of overtaking any of them.
This table is one more reason why Wenger must be sent packing.
Other teams took a longer term risk by landing the coach that will help them forward. It took them a while to get the right man for their job.
Arsenal is stuck in the past, hoping that Wenger will have a moment of enlightenment.
What a waste of time !!!
Bepanda
realtrouble wrote:
The Stats Don't Lie.

Arsenal have stood still for the best part of 5 years, when I saw this statistic presented by BT Sport, I thought it best to share with my fellow gooners. Arsenal have been consistent for the best part of 5 years, this year is not an anomaly, the problems is that Liverpool, Spurs ,Mancity and Everton have all improved


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:35 pm
Posts: 15695
Location: El-Menzah
tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
I love Henry, Pires, Adams, Wright and Vieira as much as any Gooner but......can we stop making them into these omnipresent beings, who via their mere presence will carry Arsenal into an era of excellence never before witnessed on god's green earth..... :roll: :: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How did Nostalgia work for Liverpool when they brought back Kenny Dalglish, or Newcastle when they brought back in Alan Shearer?


If we were rocking steady, their names don't come up - we're in such a funk, many people want change whichever way it comes. Logic almost becomes a luxury. I do not believe in Adams - he has failed as a manager in enough jobs.
Titi & Veira come with a different baggage - Pires is too close to AW. I don't believe AW delegates enough for me to condemn Bould. Wrighty's comments about how Keown lost his gig sounds about right.
Titi with a veteran assistant will give me hope - no one is expecting miracles but not even you can be loving this gutter zipcode we've taking residence in.


Any decision based purely on emotion will only send Arsenal into the abyss.

Gooners need to accept reality the club lost window for a seamless, successful transition in 2014... no messiah on the way, to salvage Arsenal in a pinch. Can't go into post AW era naive, blind and irrational, Tough road ahead. 3, 4, 5 years+ of very hard seasons inevitable.

Powers that be need and Gooners to grasp what is crucial now is taking a big picture approach. The powers that be at Arsenal need to end obsession of winning the PR battle, target and hire right people who can excel under parameters set by Arsenal. The last thing Arsenal need is a flashy hire that is sacked or quits in 18 months..ala LVG.

If Arsenal think they can emulate Chelsea under Conte we're toast..simplistic solutions and Arsenal far more likely to end up like Inter and AC Milan. Josh Kroenke scares the hell out of me. Get to caught up in hype train and we'll all wake up one morning with Henry named new manager and Pires as DOF...LORD HELP US!!!

Club nor Gooners should care about the popular choice, all that matters is the right choice i.e AW over Cruyff in 96.

IMO most viable option is to bring in a duo that already understands one another i.e Ralf Rangnick and Ralph Hasenhüttl of Leipzig.

_________________
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 8452
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
I love Henry, Pires, Adams, Wright and Vieira as much as any Gooner but......can we stop making them into these omnipresent beings, who via their mere presence will carry Arsenal into an era of excellence never before witnessed on god's green earth..... :roll: :: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How did Nostalgia work for Liverpool when they brought back Kenny Dalglish, or Newcastle when they brought back in Alan Shearer?


If we were rocking steady, their names don't come up - we're in such a funk, many people want change whichever way it comes. Logic almost becomes a luxury. I do not believe in Adams - he has failed as a manager in enough jobs.
Titi & Veira come with a different baggage - Pires is too close to AW. I don't believe AW delegates enough for me to condemn Bould. Wrighty's comments about how Keown lost his gig sounds about right.
Titi with a veteran assistant will give me hope - no one is expecting miracles but not even you can be loving this gutter zipcode we've taking residence in.


Any decision based purely on emotion will only send Arsenal into the abyss.

Gooners need to accept reality the club lost window for a seamless, successful transition in 2014... no messiah on the way, to salvage Arsenal in a pinch. Can't go into post AW era naive, blind and irrational, Tough road ahead. 3, 4, 5 years+ of very hard seasons inevitable.

Powers that be need and Gooners to grasp what is crucial now is taking a big picture approach. The powers that be at Arsenal need to end obsession of winning the PR battle, target and hire right people who can excel under parameters set by Arsenal. The last thing Arsenal need is a flashy hire that is sacked or quits in 18 months..ala LVG.

If Arsenal think they can emulate Chelsea under Conte we're toast..simplistic solutions and Arsenal far more likely to end up like Inter and AC Milan. Josh Kroenke scares the hell out of me. Get to caught up in hype train and we'll all wake up one morning with Henry named new manager and Pires as DOF...LORD HELP US!!!

Club nor Gooners should care about the popular choice, all that matters is the right choice i.e AW over Cruyff in 96.

IMO most viable option is to bring in a duo that already understands one another i.e Ralf Rangnick and Ralph Hasenhüttl of Leipzig.

I don't know of a big team that emotionally makes coaching choices - but then, it's a game with a large emotional investment by the fans - it's always been thus.
Our board like Turkey @xmas ain't about to vote themselves out by reasonable solutions - but we can also be caught up in our world seeking choices snobs can relate to. The EPL is becoming a more tactical league with a few elite coaches wanting to come aboard - in that climate, AW ain't an option.
Our issues in terms of transition is with the board - they've been at best woeful amateurs - you get that sorted - quite a few coaches can do better than we are doing at the moment. It's not about emulating Chelsea, it's about competing with the best in the league.
I don't come from a despondent place you like seem to be with your believe that we've to go into wilderness some 3-5 yrs b4 getting in the mix. I believe we've a far better squad that our performance - you can't have a board leak transfer spendings of some 100-150m quid next season, charge the highest ticket prices in Europe & tell fans it's going to take some 3-5 yrs - that's not the times we live in.
A better coach will create a winning team & culture.

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 29878
I hope we win tomorrow before heading to FA cup semi.
We out of top 4th,Spurs stand a chance now to win the league,hope we beat city and tghey beat chelsea so we meet in final and win the fa cup.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 31778
Location: Somewhere
kajifu wrote:
I hope we win tomorrow before heading to FA cup semi.
We out of top 4th,Spurs stand a chance now to win the league,hope we beat city and tghey beat chelsea so we meet in final and win the fa cup.



can this nightmare season just end already?

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm
Posts: 6355
Do you think Wenger should sign his contract, if Arsenal makes top 4? We are 14 points behind Spurs.
Do you think Wenger should sign his contract, if Arsenal wins the F.A. Cup?
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:
I hope we win tomorrow before heading to FA cup semi.
We out of top 4th,Spurs stand a chance now to win the league,hope we beat city and they beat chelsea so we meet in final and win the fa cup.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 29878
bepanda wrote:
Do you think Wenger should sign his contract, if Arsenal makes top 4? We are 14 points behind Spurs.
Do you think Wenger should sign his contract, if Arsenal wins the F.A. Cup?
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:
I hope we win tomorrow before heading to FA cup semi.
We out of top 4th,Spurs stand a chance now to win the league,hope we beat city and they beat chelsea so we meet in final and win the fa cup.

Honestly we have now two games in hand against Spurs but they are 17 points ahead of us,not even sure if we can win both games in hand.
Secondly he should stay if he win league and we know he will not.So he should just win FA cup and we parade it as a major trophy for his bye bye grand exit.
Truth be told Wenger has no shame but why am I surprise?Even me making 8.5 cool million no accountability on my job,why would I go even the board is begging me to stay?
I know his time will come he will go but the man is trying to make us mid table club before he exit the scene.Very sad for us fans as he want the club to go to the ground so no manager can come and win more trophies than him and expose his weakness.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 37949
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Cito wrote:
Who is this Kolasinac?

Bosnian leftback. Vacillates between great and terrible with alarming regularity. The last time he had some positive consistency, injury ruined it for him. Great lungs, FIGHTER but he can be exposed if he isn't protected by the scheme.


All players are exposed in similar situ you described above. In your opinion, is he an improvement on Gibbs? For me, the answer is a categorical yes. Will he be as good or better than Monreal at his best? Answer is, nobody knows.



I don't know if he's an improvement on Gibbs. It depends on how he develops, there was a time Gibbs was looking like the next Ashley Cole. On Sead's good day, he's a terror and can own the flank without help from his winger or DM. On his bad days, it isn't pretty.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Last edited by platinum on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 4375
Just have to post this-Some talented midfield + attacking U16 players at Arsenal - John-Jules, Amaechi, Balogun, Olayinka, Swanson. Defence concerning though.

_________________
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 29878
Today if we don't win its good bye to Wenger,anything less than 3 points is unacceptable.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 4452
kajifu wrote:
Today if we don't win its good bye to Wenger,anything less than 3 points is unacceptable.


Jose? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:23 pm
Posts: 6528
Location: London
kajifu wrote:
Today if we don't win its good bye to Wenger,anything less than 3 points is unacceptable.


I will be opening the match thread in one hour :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 8452
@afcstuff -
Arsenal will play with a back three in defence for the first time this season. #afc
------------------------------------------------------------
Better late than never - i wanted us to try this early in the season cos we've depth at centre back - hope they're drilled - they better go out & compete - we need a convincing win going into the FA cup SF

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 37949
tolahs wrote:
@afcstuff -
Arsenal will play with a back three in defence for the first time this season. #afc
------------------------------------------------------------
Better late than never - i wanted us to try this early in the season cos we've depth at centre back - hope they're drilled - they better go out & compete - we need a convincing win going into the FA cup SF


Mighty Boro should be a real challenge.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 6884
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Ramsey is a bad bad player.

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 8452
Looking forward to Wembley - we'll have to be tighter on the ball defensively - we give too much space - gotta sqeeze up - giving ManC players space will be suicidal.
Ramsey to the bench, Elneny in or Coq - cannot play w/o a DM at Wembley;
Bellerin at right wing back & Gibbs at LWB.
Might move Alexis to striker or bring back Welbeck - Giroud is pitifully slow for this team

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 8452
platinum wrote:
tolahs wrote:
@afcstuff -
Arsenal will play with a back three in defence for the first time this season. #afc
------------------------------------------------------------
Better late than never - i wanted us to try this early in the season cos we've depth at centre back - hope they're drilled - they better go out & compete - we need a convincing win going into the FA cup SF


Mighty Boro should be a real challenge.


Our form is relegation standard - we can't act like we're all that!!!
The street team of newspaper men will give us a tough game at the moment.

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 37949
tolahs wrote:
platinum wrote:
tolahs wrote:
@afcstuff -
Arsenal will play with a back three in defence for the first time this season. #afc
------------------------------------------------------------
Better late than never - i wanted us to try this early in the season cos we've depth at centre back - hope they're drilled - they better go out & compete - we need a convincing win going into the FA cup SF


Mighty Boro should be a real challenge.


Our form is relegation standard - we can't act like we're all that!!!
The street team of newspaper men will give us a tough game at the moment.


Mighty Boro proved to be a real challenge

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:44 am
Posts: 23061
Location: Atlanta
platinum wrote:
tolahs wrote:
platinum wrote:
tolahs wrote:
@afcstuff -
Arsenal will play with a back three in defence for the first time this season. #afc
------------------------------------------------------------
Better late than never - i wanted us to try this early in the season cos we've depth at centre back - hope they're drilled - they better go out & compete - we need a convincing win going into the FA cup SF


Mighty Boro should be a real challenge.


Our form is relegation standard - we can't act like we're all that!!!
The street team of newspaper men will give us a tough game at the moment.


Mighty Boro proved to be a real challenge


But we won Plati :taunt: , which at the end of the day, is still why it just has to be ......

...... Arsenal for life ! :D

_________________
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 557, 558, 559, 560, 561, 562, 563 ... 661  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Eaglezbeak, Google [Bot], Mr Shows, Sampo and 78 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group