The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Coach »

@Cally, as discourse wanders wherever the ball rolls, the question creeping to the fore becomes one of longevity? For how long will this thread remain relevant? Has it not served it's cause? Once again, a marvelously successful meeting point for discussing all things Beloved 2016/17, but the idiom, live long to enough to see [itself] become a villain springs to mind. As much as one pitches his tuppence, with the season over and nothing of note happening at Ashburton, the vast majority of the more recent pages have been graffitised with jibes between warring factions or near absolute irrelevance. Another sterling job and one trusts your's will be the thread for the season to come. But surely the days of this Mumraa the ever living, are numbered, in low digits.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:
Skylolo wrote:This 20 year old midfielder Dani Ceballos , playing for Spain U-21's.... :drool: :drool: :drool: we know the likes of Asensio and Saul are not available but this lad looks destined to be a star as well....and funny enough has a 2 way midfield game about him.
Saul has ripped Italy to shreds, his movement is killing the azzurini. What a player.
Unbelievable from Saul tbh.....but not surprising, he has scored in every Spain game I have seen in this tournament. And I am talking great goals.....

I picked Ceballos out as I was thinking who is not at a big club in this group..... :D and then I noticed he was linked to Arsenal in 2015, I can see why. Fantastic young player....
You have eyes that can see. Ceballos is the real deal. Just the kind of player we should be going for. He has the guile of a certain Santi.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Coach wrote:@Cally, as discourse wanders wherever the ball rolls, the question creeping to the fore becomes one of longevity? For how long will this thread remain relevant? Has it not served it's cause? Once again, a marvelously successful meeting point for discussing all things Beloved 2016/17, but the idiom, live long to enough to see [itself] become a villain springs to mind. As much as one pitches his tuppence, with the season over and nothing of note happening at Ashburton, the vast majority of the more recent pages have been graffitised with jibes between warring factions or near absolute irrelevance. Another sterling job and one trusts your's will be the thread for the season to come. But surely the days of this Mumraa the ever living, are numbered, in low digits.
Coach, biko explain, for those of us that understand simple English.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:
Skylolo wrote:This 20 year old midfielder Dani Ceballos , playing for Spain U-21's.... :drool: :drool: :drool: we know the likes of Asensio and Saul are not available but this lad looks destined to be a star as well....and funny enough has a 2 way midfield game about him.
Saul has ripped Italy to shreds, his movement is killing the azzurini. What a player.
Unbelievable from Saul tbh.....but not surprising, he has scored in every Spain game I have seen in this tournament. And I am talking great goals.....

I picked Ceballos out as I was thinking who is not at a big club in this group..... :D and then I noticed he was linked to Arsenal in 2015, I can see why. Fantastic young player....
You have eyes that can see. Ceballos is the real deal. Just the kind of player we should be going for. He has the guile of a certain Santi.
Does he have the mentality of a certain Santi?
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Cally wrote:On the evidence of his performance in this tournament, Chambers has come on in leaps and bounds as a CB. One of England's best performers.

He was one of Boro's finest players last season.
Spot on guys.
He will do well in Arsenal new formation.3-4-3
Always liked Chambers, the times I saw him play for the Boro he looked to have toughened up.

He is a good player and is welcome back. He should slot into Debuchy's / Jenkinson's place in the squad imho.

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:

We do not know yet Bro, but given Cally's agreement I am happy I am not the only one who witnessed such a masterful midfield playmaking performance from Ceballos.

I have always liked this Euro U-21 tournament, I saw Ozil play in this tournament so too Isco, Thiago, Verratti etc. The Ceballos I saw today is another one who has this sort of ability. Betis should be inundated with offers, that boy is the real deal!
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:[quote="Chief Ogbunigwe]
Abi? So if Waffi is saying as a manager, he won't spend 'crazy' money on players, he should come and tell us where all the "crazy money" coming in should go. So football makes money, Wenger gets pain >8 million, then you elect to field the likes of Djorou, Frimpong Gibbs, etc against Tottenham's Wanyama, Dembele, Erikson, etc? And this is the same Arsenal with scouts in France that consistently fail to spot talent?
Wenger was on less than £8m then. It was £6m, then £7m. He was grossly underpaid. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Wenger gave us CL football with players like Djourou. He deserves to earn more for that alone.

Oh! I know you like to mention the few who never made it, but for every Djourou, there has been Vieira, Henry, Anelka, Flamini, Wilford, Petit, Grimaldi, Cesc, Adebayor, RvP, etc etc. You get the drift. :taunt: :taunt:

Wenger's genius in spotting and developing talent has been one of the mainstays on which Arsenal's successes have been built on, not buy spending silly money. This is an undisputed fact that holds till the present. You talk of Dembele, Ericsson and Wanyama, Wenger bought Vieira, Toure, Anelka, and Fabregas for less than £5m total. Just look at what they won. But why let the facts get in the way of the negativity. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

That French league and scouts you try to belittle have given us some of the great talents at Arsenal and they still do, at present we have Kos, Coq and young Rene Adelaide in our current squad. So much for failing to spot talent eh! :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh! When you have time, look at the youth team, there are a few there too.

But you expose yourself by bringing in Spuds. Indeed, it is a desperate call, so I must give you a canning for this glorious faux pas. :woot:

So let's deal in facts: Spuds have spent more money than Arsenal in the 10 years they have won no trophies. But you bang on about this current great players of theirs who are so good they have won nothing. The Arsenal players are so bad, they have won 2 FA Cups in the time this Spuds team came to prominence. Indeed, I recall watching Arsenal beat them on the way to winning one of the FA Cups

Spuds have now gone longer without a trophy than Arsenal ever did in the infamous 2005-2014 period. But those Arsenal fans here who kept on about it, now have the gall to rabbit on about Spuds who have won far more trophies and finished above Arsenal consistently in the same period. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Current top 5 have all finished out of the top 4 in the last 7 seasons. But if Arsenal do for the first time in 21 years, Spuds have greater players and Arsenal are rubbish. Well according to you with your Erickson, Wanyama and Dembele. :bored: :dream:

Pochettino is the only manager in the world who has won fark all trophies and is considered a top manager, even better than Wenger by some demented dumbos here. I know say you never reach that level, but at the rate, I need to start saying prayers for you. :( :mad: :sad:

But when I see you and your brothers in negativity go on here about Spuds and these great players of theirs, you think they have not only won the league, they have indeed won it unbeaten at the Emirates. To show how fickle you lot are, I find it laughable you levelling the Spuds at Wenger. He has given us two decades of dominance over them, yet you whine and cry like a salah goat cos of one season. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Finally, just a friendly reminder that Pochettino has never won a major trophy in his managerial career. :wink: :sneaky:
Ok, you don win. Make tuna no spend money na. You, Wenger and Kroenke should keep sharing the money.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

It is a myth that Arsenal do not spend money. Arsenal teams have been built on key objectives. The main one being identifying top pros, paying the money and signing them.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:

We do not know yet Bro, but given Cally's agreement I am happy I am not the only one who witnessed such a masterful midfield playmaking performance from Ceballos.

I have always liked this Euro U-21 tournament, I saw Ozil play in this tournament so too Isco, Thiago, Verratti etc. The Ceballos I saw today is another one who has this sort of ability. Betis should be inundated with offers, that boy is the real deal!
Like you, I liked everything about the player and I believe he is destined to be a star. But can he cut it outside of his comfort zone? Does the killer mentality exist in the player like it dos in Santi?
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Spain are just so rich in talent it's unfair.

Ascensio, Saul, Ceballos, Hector, Sandro, Inaki, etc.

Ceballos already looks like Busquets in the making. Kai!

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailymai ... moves.html

So the only options for Ozil might be China or Fenerbache? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Why is Arsenal even bothering to re-sign this clown. Abeg get rid of ... Nonsense :roll: :rotf: The fool ain't gonna get any better as evidenced by the lack of interest from other clubs and his tepid response going into a contract year .... TOTAL Bloody waste of money Arsene . please get rid of
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cally wrote:Spain are just so rich in talent it's unfair.

Ascensio, Saul, Ceballos, Hector, Sandro, Inaki, etc.

Ceballos already looks like Busquets in the making. Kai!
Unfair?Lets see what they win first but Oga Cally why big clubs like beloved not going for such players like Sandro,Inaki,Saul,Ceballos?
This are guys in few years will be super star.I remember saying we should go for Isco during the under 21 but my cousin lie to me how Jack is better we don't need him and I fall for it as if its a crime to have so many talent on display.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Is Thomas Lemar really that good ???? :???: I mean Douglas Costa? Kingsley Coman? :idea:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Oxlade's Agent is really looking to squeeze Arsenal. The player is a Gooner, happy with the club's offer and has agreed to stay at Arsenal. Player and Manager have spoken and there is an agreement.

But his Agent is trying to tout him out to City and Liverpool because he's a greedy so and so, who wants more money for himself.

I am expecting the Ox to stay. I know nothing is signed but I trust the source of this rumour.

BTW! Arsenal will not sell to Liverpool. Relations between both clubs remain sour since the Suarez saga.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Is Thomas Lemar really that good ???? :???: I mean Douglas Costa? Kingsley Coman? :idea:
Sometimes, I wonder about you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Both those players are inconsistent speed merchants, with little or no end product.

Lemar is nowhere as fast but his football brain is up there with the Gods, whilst Costa and Conman (sorry, Coman) football brain is in their a*rse if they've any at all.

Lemar is exactly the type we need, that player with the vision to see that pass between the lines, dissecting defences, that player with the ability to read the game and respond quickly. A lefty that uses his right, strong on the ball, ability to go any direction, drifting between the lines. Imagine Lemar feeding those crosses to Giroud. Also, works hard for the team. He is not Santi but his creative play will take a lot of pressure of Ozil cos they will have to mark him.

He brings a lot to the table, when compared to the one dimensional show ponies you're mentioning above.

I hope the rumours are correct and Arsenal really want this player cos he will be a definite improvement to our squad.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Is Thomas Lemar really that good ???? :???: I mean Douglas Costa? Kingsley Coman? :idea:
Both those players are inconsistent speed merchants, with little or no end product.

Lemar is nowhere as fast but his football brain is up there with the Gods, whilst Costa and Conman (sorry, Coman) football brain is in their a*rse if they've any at all.

Lemar is exactly the type we need, that player with the vision to see that pass between the lines, dissecting defences, that player with the ability to read the game and respond quickly. A lefty that uses his right, strong on the ball, ability to go any direction, drifting between the lines. Imagine Lemar feeding those crosses to Giroud. Also, works hard for the team. He is not Santi but his creative play will take a lot of pressure of Ozil cos they will have to mark him.

He brings a lot to the table, when compared to the one dimensional show ponies you're mentioning above.

I hope the rumours are correct and Arsenal really want this player cos he will be a definite improvement to our squad.

Er Considering our records on player evaluations you need to just siddon and mechionu when I dey talk :taunt: :taunt:

I asked a question and I know the quality that Costa and Koman bring despite your useless rubbish talk about them .... granted I have seen more of them than Lemar and for what i have seen of him I rate him as solid and not spectacular .

With Costa and Koman, you have exceptional pace and amazing skills .... therein lies the difference ...

Again it's pretty rich coming from you wey wan spend 50 million on Riyadh Ozil :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yeye Man :lol:

Again you don't get it, Arsenal needs X factor players with power, pace and unique skills sets, especially if you are gonna replace Alexis Sanchez :idea:

This Waffi no get sense at all sef .... nah only fables and Tales By moonlight the guy sabi :taunt:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailymai ... moves.html

So the only options for Ozil might be China or Fenerbache? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Why is Arsenal even bothering to re-sign this clown. Abeg get rid of ... Nonsense :roll: :rotf: The fool ain't gonna get any better as evidenced by the lack of interest from other clubs and his tepid response going into a contract year .... TOTAL Bloody waste of money Arsene . please get rid of
Stop this BS. Ozil's last interview more or less confirms he will stay. The Owner and Wenger apparently sorted our Ozil's deal with him and his people.

Also, hearing Sanchez talks are encouraging.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So how many players have we sign apart from the free transfer dude from Germany?
So what happen to the current team that last September some fans shrine as the most complete team since moving to emirate?
Wenger after failing to win major trophies for years and never won anything in Europe,he might have wake up that he has to spend real money to stand a chance.Good luck to him
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailymai ... moves.html

Stop this BS. Ozil's last interview more or less confirms he will stay. The Owner and Wenger apparently sorted our Ozil's deal with him and his people.

Also, hearing Sanchez talks are encouraging.
Again why are you happy at Ozil being re-signed?

Don't you see how useless he is ??? No one wants him!!!! the market has already said what I have been trying to get through una coconut heads: the man is nothing more than a parasite draining Arsenal

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.espnfc.us/story/3149656/real ... rata-perez

Why Is Arsenal not in on Morata ???

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:

Bid rejected by Monaco. Arsenal bid 31 million Monaco wants more. Vice President said he's not for sale.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:

Too bad coz Monaco just rejected Arsenal's second offer for Thomas lemar
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:Oxlade's Agent is really looking to squeeze Arsenal. The player is a Gooner, happy with the club's offer and has agreed to stay at Arsenal. Player and Manager have spoken and there is an agreement.

But his Agent is trying to tout him out to City and Liverpool because he's a greedy so and so, who wants more money for himself.

I am expecting the Ox to stay. I know nothing is signed but I trust the source of this rumour.

BTW! Arsenal will not sell to Liverpool. Relations between both clubs remain sour since the Suarez saga.
But isn't the agent acting on behalf of the player? Would he still peddle without the players consent? I like Ox and hope he stays but won't lose sleep if he leaves
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Bid rejected by Monaco. Arsenal bid 31 million Monaco wants more. Vice President said he's not for sale.
Monaco won't be under pressure to sell unless Lemar forces a move. And it will only happen for a Kings ransom. They are about to be flush with cash from Silva, Bakayoko, Mendy and possibly Mbappe. Who is their scout again?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!