The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:#Playersout
Players are the real cowards for me. I look at Chelsea players response to Hazard being kicked by ManU player and compare it to our players. It is like some enjoyed Sanchez being kicked and did nothing to defend him.

Then look at their defending. They must have spent a lot of time preparing for West Brom set piece. Come the day, they lost their nerve and were getting pulled all over the place.

Like you, I agree, we have it all to do now for top four. We have players hiding and looking to leave with the Manager. I am not holding out much hope at this moment in time but I have not given up. We have the quality but we must fight to get that quality out.
Living in denial my friend..living in denial :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Players are the real cowards for me. I look at Chelsea players response to Hazard being kicked by ManU player and compare it to our players. It is like some enjoyed Sanchez being kicked and did nothing to defend him.

Then look at their defending. They must have spent a lot of time preparing for West Brom set piece. Come the day, they lost their nerve and were getting pulled all over the place.

Like you, I agree, we have it all to do now for top four. We have players hiding and looking to leave with the Manager. I am not holding out much hope at this moment in time but I have not given up. We have the quality but we must fight to get that quality out.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Just players...also medics, journalists, referees, fans, and everyone else...except the one person most responsible.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

theYemster wrote:
Just players...also medics, journalists, referees, fans, and everyone else...except the one person most responsible.
Symptons of the one living in denial...they say outrageous things!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

16 points behind Chelsea. Dave Chapelle couldn't think thus sh*t up. Comical. 30 by the end of the season? What are the odds.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Maybe, he meants that AW has lost the dressing room.

£100 million wasted on embarrassing players, AW has to be held accountable for buying on average players.
Last edited by realtrouble on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Arsenal fans are ungrateful. Without Arsene where will Arsenal be? Prof Wenger gave you that feeling of entitlement. Easy to forget that players sign for Arsenal just because of Wenger. According to reliable sources, the players ignored other teams for Arsenal just because of Wenger.

If Wenger should leave, I doubt that Arsenal will be able to field 11 players because players will not sign to play for Arsenal.

The fans better ask for a 10year contract for Wenger now!

Wenger is the only one that can give Arsenal another unbeaten season. That is happening next season. It is written.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Na today? Wenger's time was up when he looked up and down, left and right, and decided he was going to chase EPL title with Almumumunia as GK. If those close to him really cared about him, they should have advised him to seek psych evaluation. But they claimed he knew best...because they were making money.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

19 points behind Chelsea yet to play likes EVERTON, CITY,MANU,SPURS,SOTON etc.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:19 points behind Chelsea yet to play likes EVERTON, CITY,MANU,SPURS,SOTON etc.

Got any more wishes for Chelsea?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote:
kajifu wrote:19 points behind Chelsea yet to play likes EVERTON, CITY,MANU,SPURS,SOTON etc.

Please stop,how baby?Hope you have come to emirate office to registered him
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Symptons of the one living in denial...they say outrageous things!

True. Just like they made all manner of excuses to justify not taking Fabregas back. Is Xhaka better than Cesc?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Wenger should have left on a high years ago.

It is all very predictable really. We have been punching well above our weight and I will be least surprised if Europa league becomes a reality at the end of the season.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Last year, when we couldn't beat Leicester city and finished 2nd, the fans celebrated that we came second, ahead of Spurs. We celebrated that Man United and Chelsea missed out on the CL.
Will we celebrate at the end of the season that we will finish ahead of Leicester City? Maybe that's the plan. We are still on course to finish ahead of Leicester City ... I would say, let's give Wenger another 5 years extension.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:
balo wrote:

Please stop,how baby?Hope you have come to emirate office to registered him

LOL. Baby is good, thanks. Wearing his Chelsea-WE shirt proudly.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

cchinukw wrote:Wenger should have left on a high years ago.

It is all very predictable really. We have been punching well above our weight and I will be least surprised if Europa league becomes a reality at the end of the season.
He should have leff when he won the FA cup after 10 trophyless years..fate was so kind to the stubborn man,knowing that this is one of the weaknesses of mortals by allowing him to win it the following while reminding hom to quit while ahead. Whosai, the the proverbial dog that would go missing on a hunting outing..he would not hear the whistle of his masters.

Larry Ashagbe 1
Egg
Egg
'HE IS STUBBORN' Arsene Wenger Very Funny (ArsenalFanTV)

Post by Larry Ashagbe 1 »

“Maybe the more you are doing it (chanting Wenger out), the more he’s digging in his heels like ‘come move me.’

“The man is going to dig in his heels and no one is going to do anything.”

[/video]

The story has even made it to the Sun newspaper.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... al-fan-tv/

Well done Kelechi.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

wanaj0 wrote:Arsenal fans are ungrateful. Without Arsene where will Arsenal be? Prof Wenger gave you that feeling of entitlement. Easy to forget that players sign for Arsenal just because of Wenger. According to reliable sources, the players ignored other teams for Arsenal just because of Wenger.

If Wenger should leave, I doubt that Arsenal will be able to field 11 players because players will not sign to play for Arsenal.

The fans better ask for a 10year contract for Wenger now!

Wenger is the only one that can give Arsenal another unbeaten season. That is happening next season. It is written.
Stop!!!!
Really Stop;
When AW becomes so far from his best, take him out of the firing line - those fans paid for the project AW wanted - they ain't a bunch of sickos looking for a rant. When a man loses the capacity to prepare a team to play ball - you respectfully beckon him to the exit.
Life ain't always scripted.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Remember when Mustafi was statistically the best centre-half in Europe in the early pages of this thread. And then there was the Kosctafi pairing, better than Maldini-Nesta at the same stage in their career. What ever's happened to Nouredine El Neny, shrewd signing at the start of this thread, dogsh*t by the same commentators today, just an upside down Egyptian mop.

What of My Son, are Barcelona still watching?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Please watch from minute 11:00 and listen to Thierry Henry ...
[/video]

3 West Bromm players could have scored on this corner. THREE players fought each other, while 7 Arsenal players were counting the stars in the clouds ...

Next game, the same players will be starting and playing 90 minutes with absolutely NO consequences. When a coach accepts mediocrity, what do we expect from his team?

I love Kos, but he has been a very poor captain. Someone needs to get in the face of those who pretend to be playing. I really miss Matthieu Flamini ... Someone who will actually get in the face of team mates and yell at them.

New voices are needed in the Arsenal locker room. I no longer believe that Wenger built the invincible. He profited from leaders in the locker room. These leaders police their team mates and demanded/enforced effort, attitude, commitment and high performance. Just listen to what Thierry Henry said.

In the last 10 years, Wenger has signed one coward after another...then has spent press conference after press conference making excuses for them.

If I were in charge, I would fire Arsene Wenger before the next game. There is no reason for Wenger to remain in charge of this team. There is nothing new to be learned from Wenger. NOTHING.

We must turn the page now and start preparing for the next chapter of Arsenal Football.

Bepanda
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Not trying to defend Arsenal defenders, but let's face it, which defender can look good with Ramsey and Xhaka playing in front of them? Then add to it Walcott, Oxlade who always pretend to defend on the wings. Look at these corners today, at least Kos and Mustafi try to jump, the other guys just watch the ball...
Defending is an attitude. Not letting a guy beat you to the ball is an attitude. It is will. Currently, none of the Arsenal players has it and the coach is NOT willing to discuss that.
Bepanda
Coach wrote:Remember when Mustafi was statistically the best centre-half in Europe in the early pages of this thread. And then there was the Kosctafi pairing, better than Maldini-Nesta at the same stage in their career. What ever's happened to Nouredine El Neny, shrewd signing at the start of this thread, dogsh*t by the same commentators today, just an upside down Egyptian mop.

ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

bepanda wrote:Not trying to defend Arsenal defenders, but let's face it, which defender can look good with Ramsey and Xhaka playing in front of them? Then add to it Walcott, Oxlade who always pretend to defend on the wings. Look at these corners today, at least Kos and Mustafi try to jump, the other guys just watch the ball...
Defending is an attitude. Not letting a guy beat you to the ball is an attitude. It is will. Currently, none of the Arsenal players has it and the coach is NOT willing to discuss that.
Bepanda
Coach wrote:Remember when Mustafi was statistically the best centre-half in Europe in the early pages of this thread. And then there was the Kosctafi pairing, better than Maldini-Nesta at the same stage in their career. What ever's happened to Nouredine El Neny, shrewd signing at the start of this thread, dogsh*t by the same commentators today, just an upside down Egyptian mop.

There are players on the the squad that dont want to be there, you can see that from a mile away, in the past as Henry said, you had players that if you made a mistake more than once, you were done. But this team, there are no strong men who will call you out when you mess up and that is the problem, now compound that with Wenger who seems not to be able to fire people up and you have a performance like we just saw.

There was no purpose from the players and yes that is a problem that they need to figure out as well, however Wenger has to call them out on this as well. You can not let this continue, where will the rot stop