The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Please watch from minute 11:00 and listen to Thierry Henry ...
[/video]

3 West Bromm players could have scored on this corner. THREE players fought each other, while 7 Arsenal players were counting the stars in the clouds ...

Next game, the same players will be starting and playing 90 minutes with absolutely NO consequences. When a coach accepts mediocrity, what do we expect from his team?

I love Kos, but he has been a very poor captain. Someone needs to get in the face of those who pretend to be playing. I really miss Matthieu Flamini ... Someone who will actually get in the face of team mates and yell at them.

New voices are needed in the Arsenal locker room. I no longer believe that Wenger built the invincible. He profited from leaders in the locker room. These leaders police their team mates and demanded/enforced effort, attitude, commitment and high performance. Just listen to what Thierry Henry said.

In the last 10 years, Wenger has signed one coward after another...then has spent press conference after press conference making excuses for them.

If I were in charge, I would fire Arsene Wenger before the next game. There is no reason for Wenger to remain in charge of this team. There is nothing new to be learned from Wenger. NOTHING.

We must turn the page now and start preparing for the next chapter of Arsenal Football.

Bepanda

We must judge his results as is - we cannot be revisionist. What we see with AW is pretty common amongst aged coaches - many of us, me certainly never pictured AW in that light - that was a mistake. Some other coaches lose their coaching mojo a lot earlier.
AW built the invincibles - he came into this club & turned our players into professionals - he obviously has lost something - a guy who hated losing now loses with such regularity that this version of AW is tough to reconcile with the Highbury guy.
We all love scripts but you can't always dictate terms - he's a tired man who needs to go rest 2morrow.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ikemba_nacho wrote:
bepanda wrote:Not trying to defend Arsenal defenders, but let's face it, which defender can look good with Ramsey and Xhaka playing in front of them? Then add to it Walcott, Oxlade who always pretend to defend on the wings. Look at these corners today, at least Kos and Mustafi try to jump, the other guys just watch the ball...
Defending is an attitude. Not letting a guy beat you to the ball is an attitude. It is will. Currently, none of the Arsenal players has it and the coach is NOT willing to discuss that.
Bepanda
Coach wrote:Remember when Mustafi was statistically the best centre-half in Europe in the early pages of this thread. And then there was the Kosctafi pairing, better than Maldini-Nesta at the same stage in their career. What ever's happened to Nouredine El Neny, shrewd signing at the start of this thread, dogsh*t by the same commentators today, just an upside down Egyptian mop.

What of My Son, are Barcelona still watching?

There are players on the the squad that dont want to be there, you can see that from a mile away, in the past as Henry said, you had players that if you made a mistake more than once, you were done. But this team, there are no strong men who will call you out when you mess up and that is the problem, now compound that with Wenger who seems not to be able to fire people up and you have a performance like we just saw.

There was no purpose from the players and yes that is a problem that they need to figure out as well, however Wenger has to call them out on this as well. You can not let this continue, where will the rot stop
Most of what you say is right but you do appreciate a gaffer not known for discipline cannot become a tough task master when you choose. our players are used to hiding on the pitch w/o consequence.
The rules and expectations are laid out in day 1 in preseason & falling short must answer to the coach.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

tolahs wrote:
ikemba_nacho wrote:
bepanda wrote:Not trying to defend Arsenal defenders, but let's face it, which defender can look good with Ramsey and Xhaka playing in front of them? Then add to it Walcott, Oxlade who always pretend to defend on the wings. Look at these corners today, at least Kos and Mustafi try to jump, the other guys just watch the ball...
Defending is an attitude. Not letting a guy beat you to the ball is an attitude. It is will. Currently, none of the Arsenal players has it and the coach is NOT willing to discuss that.
Bepanda
Coach wrote:Remember when Mustafi was statistically the best centre-half in Europe in the early pages of this thread. And then there was the Kosctafi pairing, better than Maldini-Nesta at the same stage in their career. What ever's happened to Nouredine El Neny, shrewd signing at the start of this thread, dogsh*t by the same commentators today, just an upside down Egyptian mop.

What of My Son, are Barcelona still watching?

There are players on the the squad that dont want to be there, you can see that from a mile away, in the past as Henry said, you had players that if you made a mistake more than once, you were done. But this team, there are no strong men who will call you out when you mess up and that is the problem, now compound that with Wenger who seems not to be able to fire people up and you have a performance like we just saw.

There was no purpose from the players and yes that is a problem that they need to figure out as well, however Wenger has to call them out on this as well. You can not let this continue, where will the rot stop
Most of what you say is right but you do appreciate a gaffer not known for discipline cannot become a tough task master when you choose. our players are used to hiding on the pitch w/o consequence.
The rules and expectations are laid out in day 1 in preseason & falling short must answer to the coach.
I know that, what I said is that the fact that Wenger does not hold them to account is the problem, back in the day where there were leaders in the squad, this was not big a problem. However it has haunted us at times, when we lost the title at Leeds comes to mind.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Tried to warn likes of Skylolo, this is not same scenario as past seasons. Some crippling deficiencies both on and off the pitch.
Fair enough...

We have been here before though, what we have done today is relinquish control....we are chasing now. But we have the experience, we will need all that experience now.

What AW would give for Ozil and Cazorla to be fit tomorrow?! :( :(

Xhaka and Ramshyt not good enough for you ????
Xhaka is good enough, Ramsey isn't....

I have little pity for AW in these instances he caused some of his own problems.
I agree re, Xhaka.
Same here. Arsene is Wenger's biggest problem. His loyalty to players, a great virtue in different circumstances, has come back to hunt him. Some of us complained when he shipped out players like Joel Campbell and kept Theo and Ox. See where that got us now. This team is just full of lili-livered players who goes missing when the going get's tough.

If he stays, he must wield the big sticks. He needs to make a choice between Theo, OX and Ramsey. 2 of these must simply be sold even to the lowest bidder. Coq must go. Same too Giroud. Honestly i am at a loss here. There are just so many who need to be shipped out that i am scared if he leaves. This team needs seriously rebuilding. And there comes the problem with the "Wenger must go" crowd.

If AW leaves, where will we get at least $200m to rebuild this team. A new coach coming in will request for this amount if not more if we serious about competing. There lies the dilemma we've found ourselves.

But if AW stays, he needs to bring Keown on board immediately.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Tried to warn likes of Skylolo, this is not same scenario as past seasons. Some crippling deficiencies both on and off the pitch.
Fair enough...

We have been here before though, what we have done today is relinquish control....we are chasing now. But we have the experience, we will need all that experience now.

I have little pity for AW in these instances he caused some of his own problems.
I agree re, Xhaka.
Same here. Arsene is Wenger's biggest problem. His loyalty to players, a great virtue in different circumstances, has come back to hunt him. Some of us complained when he shipped out players like Joel Campbell and kept Theo and Ox. See where that got us now. This team is just full of lili-livered players who goes missing when the going get's tough.

If he stays, he must wield the big sticks. He needs to make a choice between Theo, OX and Ramsey. 2 of these must simply be sold even to the lowest bidder. Coq must go. Same too Giroud. Honestly i am at a loss here. There are just so many who need to be shipped out that i am scared if he leaves. This team needs seriously rebuilding. And there comes the problem with the "Wenger must go" crowd.

If AW leaves, where will we get at least $200m to rebuild this team. A new coach coming in will request for this amount if not more if we serious about competing. There lies the dilemma we've found ourselves.

I complained when a hardworking Joel Campbell was considered surplus to requirements. Paying, Theo Walcott £140k per week for a very average striker is ridiculous.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^For all his supposed hard work, what did Joel Campbell yield? Is he the rate limiting step, the man to move Beloved beyond the breach? How is it that one can debate the derth in quality yet arrive at such suggestions as Joel Campbell. Simply put, Joel Campbell is, on the evidence available, not good enough to start. T'is such rhetoric that brought El Neny to the club, deliberate acquisition of mediocrity for the dual purpose of preserving the status quo and the mythical belief in an exaggerated blossom on Ashburton soil.

Beloved, at long last, has arrived at that juncture, at the fork in the road whereupon choice defines fate. Wengerism, having incubated the egg neath a body of lies, can feel the existential crisis clawing away at the underside of the shell. Fate, for far too long, had been complicit, painted the pretty picture whilst bagging her silver at the clandestine meetings where the falstaffians toasted the gullibility of man.

...We will be strong...a rallying cry spoken from the cleft in a Cheshire cat like grin, that preceded deliberate under-investment and such mind boggling nonsense as a fear of curtailing the development of those not quite good enough. At what point does reality trump ideology? How many deflated soufflés must emerge from the oven for Wenger to accept his methods will not yield the Ajax desired and concede.

For a decade and more, it has been argued, so foul the miasma bellowing from chimney of this nonsense, that the ravages of its inhalation will present itself in a rabid assembly of pitch forks and sickles at the front door. And should the drawing and quartering of legend and legacy precipitate mass departure, let it be, who amongst the myriad waiting for the exit door to open is free from the charge of desertion?

...The philosophical footprint is indelible in some instances, the utopian oasis handmade by Wengerism is a perfect niche for those contented by their millions and the paucity of pressure or purpose. Have they not won, in the game called life [thus far]? Does change not arrive with the threat of tearing down the pillars and trampling over the trees of this fantasy island. Just as Beloved has been juxtaposed by an aversion to change, her indigeny, those reared on plentiful provisions for their pathetic yield, are equally averse to change.

...The fork in the road will shine it's light bright and even the blinkered buffoons will have no choice but to see the choices made. If the castle is to collapse and crumble, so be it, boil the moat's water, burn the drawbridge and nail the doors shut. The Kings and their noblemen deserve the privilege of being buried neath the rubble.

Two more years. Legend must die for legend to live on. Two more seasons is enough for Wenger to finish what he started. Departure now, leaving behind an unmanageable monstrosity is an act of cowardice. Wenger must stay and sink the ship to the ocean's depth. If he's tired, there's a bed on the floor of the river. The castle must collapse for it to be rebuilt as opposed to slabs of wood being hammered over the clefts of cracked windows. There is no one capable of managing Beloved in her present state, better her euthanasia than palliation. Two more years should be enough.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

tolahs wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Arsenal fans are ungrateful. Without Arsene where will Arsenal be? Prof Wenger gave you that feeling of entitlement. Easy to forget that players sign for Arsenal just because of Wenger. According to reliable sources, the players ignored other teams for Arsenal just because of Wenger.

If Wenger should leave, I doubt that Arsenal will be able to field 11 players because players will not sign to play for Arsenal.

The fans better ask for a 10year contract for Wenger now!

Wenger is the only one that can give Arsenal another unbeaten season. That is happening next season. It is written.
Stop!!!!
Really Stop;
When AW becomes so far from his best, take him out of the firing line - those fans paid for the project AW wanted - they ain't a bunch of sickos looking for a rant. When a man loses the capacity to prepare a team to play ball - you respectfully beckon him to the exit.
Life ain't always scripted.
I think he's being sarcastic.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Fair enough...

I agree re, Xhaka.

Azuka:

Please stop. when we complained about these issues years ago, you were the very one claiming that tough players brought in would disrupt team chemistry, etc. You were a strong supporter of AW's misplaced loyalty to weak, underperforming players.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Even though the Saints are losing this Romeu kid has really improved, he is so much better than our Swiss Tin Man that Waffi and Skylolol blindly rate so high :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

By the way, while you folks are still debating whether or not Wenger is the greatest thing since sliced bread, Tottenham and Man U are winning matches like serious teams do. Arsenal is now at the level of mid-table teams. Perhaps, the goal this season was to finish above Leicester.
Last edited by Chief Ogbunigwe on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:By the way, while you folks are still debating whether or not Wenger is the greatest thing since sliced bread, Tottenham and Man U are winning matches like serious teams do. Arsenal is not at the level of mid-table teams. Perhaps, the goal this season was to finish above Leicester.
Sadly all the arguing here na academic exercise which would not produce a night school diploma.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

To think that for the price of Xhaka, Arsenal could have had Van dijk, Wanyama and Alderwereild on our roster ...: bloody pathetic :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ndichie and Bars before the games shareholders, ekele'm unu...Ehnn, Sixth ogini?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:To think that for the price of Xhaka, Arsenal could have had Van dijk, Wanyama and Alderwereild on our roster ...: bloody pathetic :curse:

According you your uncle, Wafoolishman, Xhaka is the best midfielder in Europe! He has a left leg of gold. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote:Ndichie and Bars before the games shareholders, ekele'm unu...Ehnn, Sixth ogini?!

Top 6 is the new prestigious goal
AFCON 2019 sweet o

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

theYemster wrote:
tolahs wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Arsenal fans are ungrateful. Without Arsene where will Arsenal be? Prof Wenger gave you that feeling of entitlement. Easy to forget that players sign for Arsenal just because of Wenger. According to reliable sources, the players ignored other teams for Arsenal just because of Wenger.

If Wenger should leave, I doubt that Arsenal will be able to field 11 players because players will not sign to play for Arsenal.

The fans better ask for a 10year contract for Wenger now!

Wenger is the only one that can give Arsenal another unbeaten season. That is happening next season. It is written.
Stop!!!!
Really Stop;
When AW becomes so far from his best, take him out of the firing line - those fans paid for the project AW wanted - they ain't a bunch of sickos looking for a rant. When a man loses the capacity to prepare a team to play ball - you respectfully beckon him to the exit.
Life ain't always scripted.
I think he's being sarcastic.
1st thing a frustrated fan like me loses is a sense of humour - thanks though
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:Even though the Saints are losing this Romeu kid has really improved, he is so much better than our Swiss Tin Man that Waffi and Skylolol blindly rate so high :rotf:
Barca reportedly want Romeu - Bayern are eyeing Xhaka.
The way AW elects to play these guys must be looked at.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Even though the Saints are losing this Romeu kid has really improved, he is so much better than our Swiss Tin Man that Waffi and Skylolol blindly rate so high :rotf:
Bayern is "eyeing" Xhaka? Let me ask you this, when a woman "eyes" you, is that a good thing?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Coach wrote:Ndichie and Bars before the games shareholders, ekele'm unu...Ehnn, Sixth ogini?!

Top 6 is the new prestigious goal
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

With 6th, you go to Europe.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:To think that for the price of Xhaka, Arsenal could have had Van dijk, Wanyama and Alderwereild on our roster ...: bloody pathetic :curse:
Play a Spurs side w/o the ball pressure in front of Wanyama and Alderwereild - they squeeze space, we back off.Like Sébastien Squillaci said some years back, AW's system isn't defender friendly - you're exposed more.
Would David Luiz look as good in our set up as he does in Antonio Conte's Chelsea? Even Fabregas on his return to Barca talked about the tactical discipline
compared to what he'd left at Arsenal.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Bayern is "eyeing" Xhaka? Let me ask you this, when a woman "eyes" you, is that a good thing?
Go ask a male stripper if being eyed by female customers is a good thing - we await your research answers.
--------------------------------------------------------
Bayern Munich should target Arsenal's Granit Xhaka - Ottmar Hitzfeld

Bayern Munich could line up Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka to replace Xabi Alonso, former manager Ottmar Hitzfeld has told Blick.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/3080708/baye ... r-hitzfeld

---------------------------------
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Go ask a male stripper if being eyed by female customers is a good thing - we await your research answers.
--------------------------------------------------------
Bayern Munich should target Arsenal's Granit Xhaka - Ottmar Hitzfeld

Bayern Munich could line up Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka to replace Xabi Alonso, former manager Ottmar Hitzfeld has told Blick.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/3080708/baye ... r-hitzfeld

---------------------------------

TO-TO-LALA :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dont worry, he will bench Thiago, Martinez, Vidal, Kimmich, Sanchez...
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger sits down with BT Sport's Jake Humphrey to discuss his illustrious coaching career and his uncertain future at the club.AW was asked very tough questions in this interview and was very evasive in most of his answer. 04-04-2017

[/video]