The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Waffiman »

Well, an announcement will be soon on Wenger's decision. If the rumours are true, then a lot of people here will be very disappointed.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Tried to warn likes of Skylolo, this is not same scenario as past seasons. Some crippling deficiencies both on and off the pitch.
Fair enough...

We have been here before though, what we have done today is relinquish control....we are chasing now. But we have the experience, we will need all that experience now.

What AW would give for Ozil and Cazorla to be fit tomorrow?! :( :(

Xhaka and Ramshyt not good enough for you ????
Xhaka is good enough, Ramsey isn't....

I have little pity for AW in these instances he caused some of his own problems.
I agree re, Xhaka.
Same here. Arsene is Wenger's biggest problem. His loyalty to players, a great virtue in different circumstances, has come back to hunt him. Some of us complained when he shipped out players like Joel Campbell and kept Theo and Ox. See where that got us now. This team is just full of lili-livered players who goes missing when the going get's tough.

If he stays, he must wield the big sticks. He needs to make a choice between Theo, OX and Ramsey. 2 of these must simply be sold even to the lowest bidder. Coq must go. Same too Giroud. Honestly i am at a loss here. There are just so many who need to be shipped out that i am scared if he leaves. This team needs seriously rebuilding. And there comes the problem with the "Wenger must go" crowd.

If AW leaves, where will we get at least $200m to rebuild this team. A new coach coming in will request for this amount if not more if we serious about competing. There lies the dilemma we've found ourselves.

But if AW stays, he needs to bring Keown on board immediately.
Watching us yesterday, played really flat. We really misses the type of player that breaks the lines, like Rocisky, Nasri, Hleb etc. Not saying Campbell is in the callibre of the players I mentioned above but he would have been useful yesterday. Wenger is now reduced to relying on the likes of Oxlade and Ramsey, he has major problems.

Ramsey physical decline has been alarming. I look at the numbers and he has been way short of the sort of numbers he used to put up every game when he was at his best. I have waited expecting him to return to his best but I am now gradually beginning to admit the injuries may have taken its toll and he will never be the same player again. I am with you, Wenger need to shed more injury prone players and I see Ramsey and the Ox being let go. I do not see Theo because he has delivered the goals this season.

Also, Wenger being unable to find a partner for Xhaka has been a major problem this season. But right now, the players are seriously lacking belief and confidence. It is a real worry and does not bode well for the rest of the season.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:Well, an announcement will be soon on Wenger's decision. If the rumours are true, then a lot of people here will be very disappointed.

those rumors are false...Wenger will be stepping down. Let his fanatics feel free to help him pack his load :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Well, an announcement will be soon on Wenger's decision. If the rumours are true, then a lot of people here will be very disappointed.

those rumors are false...Wenger will be stepping down. Let his fanatics feel free to help him pack his load :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
It is 50/50, nobody knows. But the rumours from not so reliable sources like the Bleacher report state he is signing on. If they are correct, many here will be very disappointed.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

It is 50/50, nobody knows. But the rumours from not so reliable sources like the Bleacher report state he is signing on. If they are correct, many here will be very disappointed.

we no gree :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: #WEXIT.

To be honest, the man shot himself in the foot. And he had PLENTY of time to get it right. Yes, there were lean years, BUT those did not force him to be playing grandfather to junk players. EVERY transfer season, there were players available at bargain prices. But no, the man had to tie Arsenals' fate to players like Coq, Ramsey, Ox, Walcott, etc.

Forget long tori, short of it was that RvP had the balls to demand that the team strengthen like an ambitious team, or he should be sold to a contender. AW sold him to Man U....
AFCON 2019 sweet o

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I watched the Arsenal Ladies beat up Spurs ladies FA cup match 10-0 and I heard at the ground that if rumours are true regarding Wenger then the majority of football supporters will expect an extended run of Arsenal FanTv next season :D :D
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

kenmega wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I watched the Arsenal Ladies beat up Spurs ladies FA cup match 10-0 and I heard at the ground that if rumours are true regarding Wenger then the majority of football supporters will expect an extended run of Arsenal FanTv next season :D :D

No...what you heard was Arsene will be coaching Ladies Team. Is Oshoala still there?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

the longer he leaves it.....the more likely the useless board will get kicked out with him....
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kenmega wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

No...what you heard was Arsene will be coaching Ladies Team. Is Oshoala still there?
Oshoala ran away from Arsenal. She now plays in China :atc:
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Are you supporting Arsenal or Arsene Wenger.
You blame the players but not the person that assembled the players. He bought scrubs and have built a useless team
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kenmega wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kenmega wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

For real I thought someone posted a link with her denying this move !
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

bouncino wrote:
You blame the players but not the person that assembled the players. He bought scrubs and have built a useless team

which kind of question is this? Are you new here?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Siddonlook11 wrote:
kenmega wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kenmega wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

For real I thought someone posted a link with her denying this move !
I was about to ask the same question.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

OK...BBC has it. Oshoala now plays in China.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38983532
AFCON 2019 sweet o

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Gooner1 wrote:
the longer he leaves it.....the more likely the useless board will get kicked out with him....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AW currently record is relegation form. In his interview that I posted, he couldn't even discuss his ambition for Arsenal.

1-3 vs #wba
5-0 vs Lincoln
1-5 vs #fcb
1-3 vs #lfc
2-0 vs Sutton
1-5 vs #fcb
2-0 vs Hull
1-3 vs #cfc
1-2 vs Watford
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bouncino wrote:

which kind of question is this? Are you new here?
:rotf: :rotf: The thing weak me chief. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

realtrouble wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AW currently record is relegation form. In his interview that I posted, he couldn't even discuss his ambition for Arsenal.

1-3 vs #wba
5-0 vs Lincoln
1-5 vs #fcb
1-3 vs #lfc
2-0 vs Sutton
1-5 vs #fcb
2-0 vs Hull
1-3 vs #cfc
1-2 vs Watford
He has no ambition any more,he wanted to make money for himself and those criminals running the club built a stadium and he has done that,so right now is to milk the system and lie as if he plan to win major trophies.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

This tweet from measured Arseblog is quite accurate....
Bad result vs Man City, dropped points @ likes of Palace, Boro and humiliations @ Spurs, vs Mourinho Man Utd and.....suffice it to say every manager has a point of no return, and yes that includes AW.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I hear Wenger is going to stay...hallelujah!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:I hear Wenger is going to stay...hallelujah!

I have 2 words for him ...Isa Hayatou :mad: :mad: :mad:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:I hear Wenger is going to stay...hallelujah!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

AW signs a new deal and he has officially entered Brian Clough 2.0 territory.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

What most of these clowns do not realise is their negativity which is not helping results is not helping their own cause either, there is a better chance of AW leaving if Arsenal results improve and we finish in the top 4. AW is not the sort of man who will want to leave Arsenal (His life's work for 20 years) in the current state we are in.
To God be the glory