The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by bepanda »

I don't understand why people keep trying to link Sanchez to Ozil. Most likely, because Ozil can't stand on his own. Whatever Sanchez gets paid, needs to be divided by 5 to be the ceiling for Ozil's pay.
Agree ... nobody wants Ozil. Once Sanchez is gone somewhere else, watch Ozil run away ... and Ozil supporters blame it on Sanchez ... lol
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:No player is irreplaceable but I wish we can hold on to Alexis sha....I know of the shanenigans etc. but the numbers this fellow has put up in his Arsenal career is staggering...he is the best player we have had since Thierry Henry.
144 games 72 goals 42 assists. :shock: :shock: playing from a wide left position.
He is by a clear mile the best player in the Premier league, I don't fancy our chances if he signs for a rival.
I disagree with those who say he is what he is, Alexis has improved a lot since he has been at Arsenal...he has bounced off Ozil very well indeed, he shares the ball a lot more now, plays through passes and is definitely less selfish..19 assists this season alone. Watching him for Chile against Portugal you can see that all-round game that he did not have 3 years ago.
As of today Messi is the only player out there that is definitely better than Alexis.......

Cheiii this is the Skylolo I used to know. It's amazing how you can slay a player who led the team in goals and assists and say he is not a team player while wanting to keep the highest paid player who is only willing to stay on because no one wants him :idea:

Honestly if Arsenal keep Ozil and sell Suarez, well I guess some of una go get una wish :mrgreen: I go turn Arsenal public enemy Number One ... Thunda fire dem at that damn emirates if they dare pull that shyt :curse:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

azuka wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:
Skylolo wrote:No player is irreplaceable but I wish we can hold on to Alexis sha....I know of the shanenigans etc. but the numbers this fellow has put up in his Arsenal career is staggering...he is the best player we have had since Thierry Henry.

144 games 72 goals 42 assists. :shock: :shock: playing from a wide left position.

He is by a clear mile the best player in the Premier league, I don't fancy our chances if he signs for a rival.

I disagree with those who say he is what he is, Alexis has improved a lot since he has been at Arsenal...he has bounced off Ozil very well indeed, he shares the ball a lot more now, plays through passes and is definitely less selfish..19 assists this season alone. Watching him for Chile against Portugal you can see that all-round game that he did not have 3 years ago.

As of today Messi is the only player out there that is definitely better than Alexis.......

Sky,

Alexis has dovetailed excellently with Ozil, true. It's been a mutually beneficial relationship between those two. They clearly trust one another.

He's always been an allrounder for Chile though, way before he joined Arsenal. A common complaint about him was he played more of a team game with La Roja thn he did at club level. Also Even at Barca, he showed an ability to play different roles and showed the same struggles he has now. He's a world class talent no doubt but I don't know that he's only worse than Messi, that's some statement. Heck, he's not the best player for La Roja! (*Vidal is)
Bros,

Alexis is the difference maker for Chile however agree Vidal is a general in midfield for them. Still I get your drift....however based on what I saw last season I will not swap Alexis for any other player and feel it was a good deal apart from Messi and Neymar.

The man has his flaws but he is a BEAST that has carried Arsenal sometimes almost all by himself in recent years, just look at those numbers achieved playing in a team with very few World class talents. Arguably only himself, Mesut , Santi(when fit), Xhaka and Koscielny.

If we sell him, take that money add some more and get Ousmane Dembele imho.
Sky, you forgetting the fact that AW altered the team a lot to play for him. Will Pep do that for him at Man city? Still dont understand why we not in for Dembele.
He played upfront at some points yes. I'm not so sure that AW altered the team to play for him, I think more a case of him taking responsibility and his teammates looking up to him. Do you remember what happened when we put him on the bench vs Liverpool?

If he does not want to play for us yes we should sell him, but to a local rival NO. Football is a funny old game, keep him an extra season we may have a real chance at the title and Pep may not even be in the job to take him to Citeh the year after... :winking:
To God be the glory
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Cheiii this is the Skylolo I used to know. It's amazing how you can slay a player who led the team in goals and assists and say he is not a team player while wanting to keep the highest paid player who is only willing to stay on because no one wants him :idea:

Honestly if Arsenal keep Ozil and sell Suarez, well I guess some of una go get una wish :mrgreen: I go turn Arsenal public enemy Number One ... Thunda fire dem at that damn emirates if they dare pull that shyt :curse:
Bros the club needs both players, Ozil is the offensive brain of this team while everyone knows Sanchez is the best attacker in this league. We need both...

Ozil is the offensive and defensive "drain" on the team ... total worthless parasite. How it hasn't dawned on the people at the Emirates and some here that the guy's ain't squat by the lack of attention all teams are showing in his direction is almost laughable.

Nobody wants him ... I mean hello :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: and some want to give him a pay raise ? really ???
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Bros the club needs both players, Ozil is the offensive brain of this team while everyone knows Sanchez is the best attacker in this league. We need both...

Ozil is the offensive and defensive "drain" on the team ... total worthless parasite. How it hasn't dawned on the people at the Emirates and some here that the guy's ain't squat by the lack of attention all teams are showing in his direction is almost laughable.

Nobody wants him ... I mean hello :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: and some want to give him a pay raise ? really ???
Has it occurred to you that him expressing his desire to stay at the club by not flirting around with others might be why it seems nobody wants him?

Ofcourse you would be massively happy if like RVP he writes a open letter to the fans questioning the clubs ambition, or like Sanchez he throw a tantrum middway through the season so interested parties know he is not happy and open to a move. :roll:

Instead of appreciating the loyalty and dedication to the cause you build the story to fit the narrative you want! Anybody with a brain can see that...
To God be the glory
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Has it occurred to you that him expressing his desire to stay at the club by not flirting around with others might be why it seems nobody wants him?

Ofcourse you would be massively happy if like RVP he writes a open letter to the fans questioning the clubs ambition, or like Sanchez he throw a tantrum middway through the season so interested parties know he is not happy and open to a move. :roll:

Instead of appreciating the loyalty and dedication to the cause you build the story to fit the narrative you want! Anybody with a brain can see that...

We need our best players, + additional strength to compete. We need Ozil and Sanchez, our two top players, to remain.
will be terribly sad if Sanchez is sold. He has been our ex-factor. And I am not particularly worried about his so-called selfishness, especially as the assists numbers tell a different story. May of his teammates stand around instead of making runs when he is with the ball. Those runs would potentially take away markers (opponents could afford to send 3 men at him or Ozil), while creating opportunities for the runners themselves. Cue how well he plays with Ozil and Monreal, as those 2 typically make runs. Ramsey is a poor teammate, despite his talent and spotty productivity. His runs are confusing to his own teammates, as he gets in their way.

By the way, how come we didn't AGGRESSIVELY go for Vidal as well when we went for Sanchez? Imagine Vidal playing the Ramsey/Xhaka/Coq role! Fayaaaaaaaa!!!!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Chineke :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So that's your excuse for this loser :rotf: You actually think Ozil gives two craps about Arsenal ? LMAO :rotf:

You Ozilites find new ways to make a joke out of una selves :taunt:

Wow :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Chineke :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So that's your excuse for this loser :rotf: You actually think Ozil gives two craps about Arsenal ? LMAO :rotf:

You Ozilites find new ways to make a joke out of una selves :taunt:

Wow :rotf:
Ozilites who dont own as many Ozil jerseys as mr.man
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Oil is a very good player. Not as fantastic as the likes of Sanchez but a very good player none the less... Arsenal should definitely give him a pay raise. Lets not forget he is 1 season removed from leading Europe in assists for half a season :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

anikulapo wrote:
You talk of the pace and skills of Conman (Sorry Coman :woot: ) and Costa, their pace and skills not in doubt, but I contend it is limited. Can they play the game of football? Are they any better than Adama Traore of Middlesborough.
On June 28, 2017, Waffiman committed Football Sacrilege :atc: :rotf:

Book marked in case Waffi wan lie :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
You talk of the pace and skills of Conman (Sorry Coman :woot: ) and Costa, their pace and skills not in doubt, but I contend it is limited. Can they play the game of football? Are they any better than Adama Traore of Middlesborough.
I nor lie and you it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Conman (Sorry Coman :woot: ) and Costa are a glorified Adama Traore. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Bookmarked :rotf: :rotf: slow learner :taunt:

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ornstein saying deal done for Torreria. Announcement next week.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
I nor lie and you it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Conman (Sorry Coman :woot: ) and Costa are a glorified Adama Traore. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Bookmarked :rotf: :rotf: slow learner :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Chai uncle wow,game knows game :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Take a bow
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I miss this thread since our new thread for 2018 to 2019 is now run by anti beloved