The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by ojafranpa »

Are we still going for Lemar too? And what happen to Alexis if we sign all these guys.
Last edited by ojafranpa on Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ojafranpa wrote:Are we still going for Lemar too? And what happen to Alexis if we sign all this guys.

you are NOT signing "all this guys"
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Are we still going for Lemar too? And what happen to Alexis if we sign all this guys.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: sad but you are right.When we were in CL we did not sign all the players we needed its now that we are in Europa we are going to sign them.
Watch the change of mouth if the deal fall apart.Well may be finishing outside top 4 has wake the club up.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Recently from Sky

Arsenal in Alexandre Lacazette transfer talks with Lyon

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -with-lyon
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal increase Lacazette bid. Rumours of deal close.

Like I have said many a time here, Lacazette, if we get him, would add speed, mobility and technique to our attack. A far deadlier finisher than any striker at club right now.

Rumours also say, we are still in for Mbappe.

I wrote a piece I will post here if we sign him.

Lacazette wey no fit bench Giroud for France ? Ok oh :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

anikulapo wrote:

Like I have said many a time here, Lacazette, if we get him, would add speed, mobility and technique to our attack. A far deadlier finisher than any striker at club right now.

£60 million for a slower version of walcott :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

So????? :taunt: :taunt:

Arsenal are not France. Deschamp is not Wenger. France do not play like Arsenal and vice versa.

Lacazette will score a ton of goals in this Arsenal team.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I like when ignorant people laugh at themselves. It is funny. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Lacazette is a striker, Walcott is not a striker. As for speed, if Walcott is faster, (and he is faster than almost every player in the game) it is marginal. Speed test have show that at times he sprints just as fast at Walcott. Lacazette has searing, explosive pace. Just perfect for those short burst of speed he uses to cobble up those rebounds, cut backs and short through balls in the box.

He is the best box finisher in Europe. He gets almost all his goals in the box. That is exactly what we need. Also, we will have a cert penalty taker.

Everybody here knows I have followed this player cos I have had this feeling he will end up at Arsenal. When the season was over, he made it clear it was time to leave his beloved Lyon. It was time for a new challenge.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

We do not need all these guys. 2 or 3 at most.

Striker is priority. We also need a wide playmaker or dominant CM like Keita. If we can't have both, I settle for Lemar cos he is versatile. He can play wide and central midfield. He can also play the Santi and Ozil role. A very talented boy who will slot into our team nicely if we sign him.

Also Spuds want him, can't let Spuds have. :winking: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

We do not need all these guys. 2 or 3 at most.

Striker is priority. We also need a wide playmaker or dominant CM like Keita. If we can't have both, I settle for Lemar cos he is versatile. He can play wide and central midfield. He can also play the Santi and Ozil role. A very talented boy who will slot into our team nicely if we sign him.

Also Spuds want him, can't let Spuds have. :winking: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
who are 'We"? Wenger, Gadzidis or Kroenke do not care whether Spurs buys all the Lemars, Dembeles and Wanyamas available. They are counting money. Wait...Waffiman too...never mind that he comes here to bamboozle us poor natives :sad: :sad: :sad:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I like when ignorant people laugh at themselves. It is funny. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Lacazette is a striker, Walcott is not a striker. As for speed, if Walcott is faster, (and he is faster than almost every player in the game) it is marginal. Speed test have show that at times he sprints just as fast at Walcott. Lacazette has searing, explosive pace. Just perfect for those short burst of speed he uses to cobble up those rebounds, cut backs and short through balls in the box.

He is the best box finisher in Europe. He gets almost all his goals in the box. That is exactly what we need. Also, we will have a cert penalty taker.

Everybody here knows I have followed this player cos I have had this feeling he will end up at Arsenal. When the season was over, he made it clear it was time to leave his beloved Lyon. It was time for a new challenge.
I'd be delighted if we signed Lacazette, once one gets the head round not getting Mbappe he is the best striker available.

People comparing him to Walcott have not seen enough of Lacazette, dude is a intelligent and clinical striker who can also play. I remember watching a 18/19 year old Lacazette playing as a winger in the Euro U-19's and then in the flesh at the Emirates cup...his talent was never in question and his hunger for the game...it was how he moved from a classic take people on Winger to CF where he has changed his game that surprised me and the number of goals he scored since.

Lacazette's makes scoring goals look easy, but his positioning, first touch, movement and shooting technique plays a big part in this. I suspect he has another gear to go as well, plus Ateltico have a good history with signing strikers their transfer ban has opened the door for us and at the stated price it is great business.

And finally, Lacazette is better than Giroud at everything else I can think of apart from aerial balls.
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I'd be delighted if we signed Lacazette, once one gets the head round not getting Mbappe he is the best striker available.

People comparing him to Walcott have not seen enough of Lacazette, dude is a intelligent and clinical striker who can also play. I remember watching a 18/19 year old Lacazette playing as a winger in the Euro U-19's and then in the flesh at the Emirates cup...his talent was never in question and his hunger for the game...it was how he moved from a classic take people on Winger to CF where he has changed his game that surprised me and the number of goals he scored since.

Lacazette's makes scoring goals look easy, but his positioning, first touch, movement and shooting technique plays a big part in this. I suspect he has another gear to go as well, plus Ateltico have a good history with signing strikers their transfer ban has opened the door for us and at the stated price it is great business.

And finally, Lacazette is better than Giroud at everything else I can think of apart from aerial balls.
Cannot agree more, and you are one person here who knows his football. Your reference to the Emirates Cup and how he has evolved is clear manifestation of your insight my friend.

What I love about him is his cleverness, first touch, link up play and clinical finishing. He is also one of the best penalty takers in Europe.

There was a goal he scored last season, where he did something like that Bergkamp turn and first touch for that goal against Newcastle. That was supreme technique and touch from one so clinical.

Look at this stat.

Highest conversion rate (20+ goals) in Europe's top five leagues in 2016/17:

A. Lacazette (38.9%)
T. Werner (34.4%)
R. Falcao (33.9%)

❄️ https://t.co/gmznm80n9W

What is remarkable is for the past 3 seasons he has not only topped it, he has improved and got better each season.

We get this over the line, I can be certain of 25 league goals next season from him.

What I love is, the person who first told us about this is from Bein Sport. Wenger has a deal with them, he gave them an exclusive end of season interview.

They were the ones who first said we have improved the Lacazette offer and talks are progressing. They also claim, Wenger wants Mbappe and has a good chance should the player decide to leave this summer.

I know Mbappe is a long shot, but I take Lacazette and Lemar right now if we miss out.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

So????? :taunt: :taunt:

Arsenal are not France. Deschamp is not Wenger. France do not play like Arsenal and vice versa.

Lacazette will score a ton of goals in this Arsenal team.
Ok siddon look mode activated ... your excuse making don begin already :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ox.....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I hope the club is not planning to sell OX to Liverpool. Why is guys like Walcott not in demand by other clubs.
Arsenal is one mismanage club.why refused Watford 13million for Gibbs and want 15 million.Now they have back down,so who will pay 15 million for Gibbs?Oh I forgot he is British.
So which are the 7 players the club is willing to to let go?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote:Ox.....

If you give us Coutinho and Mane, we will give you Ox and Gibbs, and shake hands.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Hearing rumours of Lemar chosing Arsenal over Spuds. Let me hold back a huge belly of laff till this is not just a rumour.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

If you give us Coutinho and Mane, we will give you Ox and Gibbs, and shake hands.
Chief if only Wenger and the board can ask such deal. Watch them go ask for sturridge or Lucas
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

For some reason, it is becoming clear Arsenal do not want to keep this player.

There is a lot of talk amongst some sections of the fan base that Sanchez is signing on.

If all these turn out to be correct, I see a connection.

I thought Arsenal was posturing with Ox, but it turns out they are not.

For me, Arsenal letting go of so many English players (rumours of club not offering Wilshere terms, just like Gibbs and Oxlade) is a deliberate attempt to alter the dynamics of the dressing room and letting go of more injury prone players.

Ramsey has been offered terms and I hear very good terms too. He will sign on. If you are the above players, you know what's up with Ramsey. You know your time us up.

Always a bit of a downer to see these Gooners leave. But that's life. I wish them all the best if their time is up at Arsenal. Another Gooner the club wants rid of is Jenkinson.

If Sanchez stays and certain players leave. For me, it points directly to problems with the players during that awful period last season. If you guys remember, I also called it the season before.

It is now looking like the club is going to shift out almost all the players involved. If this happens and Sanchez stays, it is clear to me whose side the Manager has chosen. Just like Wenger got all he asked, winning his power struggle. If Sanchez stays it is clear victory for Sanchez
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And now gentlemen, the elevation of Lacazette above and beyond all others. Well substantiated fact is his striking pedigree, but should he be acquired and arrive at the Grove, let it be known, statistically, at the same stage in their development, Lacazette is the striker in the world. One will be the first to say, United paid 70 odd for Morata, Wenger went t Lyon with a bag of francs and his phallus protruding from unzipped flies. Lyon asked for more and he scooped out a pair of testicles before threatening to take his custom elsewhere. #Bullied.

As for Oxlade, rumours abound of a divisive nature in the dressing room. #getrid.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Despite the Lacazette stories. Rumours of Arsenal making a world record bid for Mbappe.

Wenger: Making Arsenal Black and French again. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:And now gentlemen, the elevation of Lacazette above and beyond all others. Well substantiated fact is his striking pedigree, but should he be acquired and arrive at the Grove, let it be known, statistically, at the same stage in their development, Lacazette is the striker in the world. One will be the first to say, United paid 70 odd for Morata, Wenger went t Lyon with a bag of francs and his phallus protruding from unzipped flies. Lyon asked for more and he scooped out a pair of testicles before threatening to take his custom elsewhere. #Bullied.

As for Oxlade, rumours abound of a divisive nature in the dressing room. #getrid.
Coach did not this same fans here shrine Lucas Perez when he was sign as a good signing?
Someone who could not start ahead of Giraud in French team will be the real deal now?
The French coaches must be clueless
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Haha Sky dont do that to Giroud now, i will take Lacazette because of his speed, conversion rate and looks like he fits more into Arsenal play but
Giroud is also better in one touch no look link up play, holdup play, and defending especially corners
i hope Giroud doesnt have to leave because of Lacazette