The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by danfo driver »

bepanda wrote:Massive offer made to Alexis.
[/video]

LOL. go to 6.00. When I said the same thing, everyone here was getting their panties in a bunch. Yes, Wenger's tactics have been poor a lot of times, but the biggest problem Arsenal has is that 85% of your players are average or just a little above average. Your best player, Sanchez, is a dunce like Musa and doesnt play with his brain. That is the biggest problem.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:
[/video]

LOL. go to 6.00. When I said the same thing, everyone here was getting their panties in a bunch. Yes, Wenger's tactics have been poor a lot of times, but the biggest problem Arsenal has is that 85% of your players are average or just a little above average. Your best player, Sanchez, is a dunce like Musa and doesnt play with his brain. That is the biggest problem.
With respect the best players on the planet lose a lot w/o the right tactics.
In a league with top players, coaches - the best coached prevail. We've a guy in AW who is very limited tactically.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gunzilla wrote:
bk-one wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
bk-one wrote:Waffi and others who were highly critical when usmanov wanted to be arsenal's major shareholder. What did he really do to deserve such scorn as compared kroenke who came with such a bad reputation? Was it that one was Russian and the other American(so should be trusted)? Usmanov friend is doing a great job so far at everton and do you guys by any chance admit now that the club has been given to the wrong person, a crook with a history of stripping his clubs for cash?
Crooked Kroneke paid off the likes of that detestable yellow bellied snake Peter Hill-Wood.....
remember when Kroneke came sniffing around AFC........what did Hill-Wood say?
"we don't want his sort here at AFC".....low and behold a few days later he flip-flops 180 degrees and welcomes him with
open arms..... :sneaky:
....he got paid off.....this is Phd corruption oyibo UK style...

All this claptrap about a self sustaining club was just a ploy to hide incompetence and corruption. Kroenke went to Arsenal because he was aware of those things . Everybody was aware of Kroenke's reputation but still they sold him their shares. If they really loved their club as they claim to do, they wouldn't have sold to him but it seems like their love was money and mooching off the club they claim to love.

Unbelievable, we have moved from blaming the fans (ArsenalFanTV), to blaming the players (Ozil, Bellerin, Sanchez ), to blaming the Player contract, now blaming the board. How many team in the EPL spent £100 million on players last year. The board including Kroneke have supported AW, not only is he paid £8 million P/A, but he has been provided with the funds to buy new players and pay them what ever is required.

If you think Wenger is the sole reason Arsenal is where it is, you are so far from the truth. I am not looking for excuses for wenger coz he is part of the problem. He is the responsible for most of the mess on the playing field but he is doing it coz the board seems to be comfortable with it

This is the core of Arsenal's problems.Since the death of Fiszman and the exit of David Dein,there are no more football people on the Board.Just money men. As long as Wenger was delivering top positions and the income stream kept coming,they really are not bothered. Least of all Silent Stan.

I've said it several times,its going to get much worse until it gets better. The goal should be to force Kroenke out and Usmanov in. Or some other investors that are willing to match the fans ambitions with the needed funds.

Wenger as an individual is a generally risk averse person. It has worked for him for years discovering rough gems and youthful talent and turning them into big stars. He is loathe to spend big money on players because he knows that comes with massive expectations and the criticisms. That is why he and this Board are a match made in financial heaven

As we can now see most of the players he has spent big money on have not delivered.We need a coach that will identify the players he needs and put the pressure on the Board to provide the finances. And then if he does not deliver he walks.

But until the albatross of a board is swept away,we are stuck the with the same situation,Wenger or no Wenger.

Mu guy ask these are excuses. Is Roman Abramovic a "football person"? What about the Glazers? The Etihad moneybags nko? What about the guys at Leicester? Are they football people? In fact the Glazers were just as bad when they initially took over United but Fergie (after losing out on three EPL titles back to back to back) called them out and the them under the bus before the immediately woke up and provided the necessary support. Wenger instead settled for mediocrity and covered for the Board cos he was being paid a mint. Yet some mongs come here to paint Wenger as a victim. Pfft!!

Get a decent coach who is extremely motivated to win, not one that's willing to settle for the mediocrity of coming fourth and he will deliver even with that Board. The Board may have it's issues but they supported Wenger well enough for him to deliver better than he did.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Another Bosnian report Sead Kolašinac has signed for Arsenal and already chose his number. Was also told Wenger is staying.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ojafranpa wrote:Another Bosnian report Sead Kolašinac has signed for Arsenal and already chose his number. Was also told Wenger is staying.
Wenger will stay that is sure unless fans turn up and push him away but the board will never do that.Staying in same house and city for 21 years and making cool 8.5 million a year,its hard to step down
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:Wrighty said: “If Arsenal asked me to go there in any capacity, to do ANYTHING, I would go there....
“At the end of the day, he’s got people around him that he loves...
“Gilles Grimandi, people like Robert Pires. Those people aren’t going to front him up...
“Martin Keown is the only one that’s fronted him in the last couple of years and he got him out.
“Told Martin to shut up, that he talks too much..
“No-one around Arsene Wenger can front him up and say ‘you’re wrong
.’”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -have-him/
-------------------------------------------
Interesting comments by Wrighty - he must have heard the Keown comment from the man himself.
We keep reading AW is willing to change - bring in ex-players & delegate more - i suspect & believe he's incapable of doing that.
One feels sorry for Bould who according to Raphael Honigstein is not allowed to do much with the players cos AW is about minimalism.
If you compare our team to most top teams - we looked undrilled -to allow that to continue in a league with increasing numbers of top managers is suicidal
Our board need to care about the product!!!
I don't know why you are surprise,Wenger is one arrogant man and only like people who answer him yes sir.Did not the Swedish guy we sign on loan from Russia club in his book says Wenger is the boss and no one at the club question his decision.when he speaks no one respond,every one silent like they see a ghost.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

tolahs wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
[/video]

With respect the best players on the planet lose a lot w/o the right tactics.
In a league with top players, coaches - the best coached prevail. We've a guy in AW who is very limited tactically.
True. He is brilliant at playing a certain system. we haven had the players for this system for a while now...2009 i think.
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

ojafranpa wrote:Another Bosnian report Sead Kolašinac has signed for Arsenal and already chose his number. Was also told Wenger is staying.

Report from Bosnia. Take it with a barren of salt and pepper
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Many Arsenal fans just cant see what is happening at the club.....AW's future has nothing to do with current results / the club waiting to see if Arsenal finish in the top 4. Any smart person can see the impact the uncertainty over AW's future has had on results, had Wenger committed to the contract placed in front of him months ago..Arsenal will likely have at least 6+ more points on the Board right now and finishing strongly in the top 4 as usual. But there is something bigger than the short term causing this impasse.....

Why did AW not sign the contract presented to him in the first place? Because imho Wenger told the Board to agree a deal with its best players - Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil first. From the Boards POV AW's contract is the most important to the club, once the Board have the ink on that they will then decide if Sanchez and Ozil deserve the raises they have asked for and are likely more than happy to as they have done in the past sell them and ask AW to build from scratch again. AW is making a stand on that...AW told BT sport a few weeks back - "I am ready to take this club to the next level", you can't do that without your best players.

It was funny a few weeks ago when AW distanced himself from the club when it came to agreeing terms with Ozil and Sanchez and now we hear of big money contract offers for Sanchez.

Read between the lines people....
To God be the glory
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Skylolo wrote:Many Arsenal fans just cant see what is happening at the club.....AW's future has nothing to do with current results / the club waiting to see if Arsenal finish in the top 4. Any smart person can see the impact the uncertainty over AW's future has had on results, had Wenger committed to the contract placed in front of him months ago..Arsenal will likely have at least 6+ more points on the Board right now and finishing strongly in the top 4 as usual. But there is something bigger than the short term causing this impasse.....

Why did AW not sign the contract presented to him in the first place? Because imho Wenger told the Board to agree a deal with its best players - Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil first. From the Boards POV AW's contract is the most important to the club, once the Board have the ink on that they will then decide if Sanchez and Ozil deserve the raises they have asked for and are likely more than happy to as they have done in the past sell them and ask AW to build from scratch again. AW is making a stand on that...AW told BT sport a few weeks back - "I am ready to take this club to the next level", you can't do that without your best players.

It was funny a few weeks ago when AW distanced himself from the club when it came to agreeing terms with Ozil and Sanchez and now we hear of big money contract offers for Sanchez.

Bruv, people have been reading between the lines for years and accurately calling things out. Personally, I'm done with it. I talk to the sources only and if they want to talk, they do. No more time to spend reading between lines, people shouldn't have to.
Years ago, I said Arsenal was a poorly run club and missed the boat big time with the Invincibles. There were huge arguments. Today, it's come full cycle. It's admin wise this club fails. The biggest club in London should be doing far better than this.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Skylolo wrote:Many Arsenal fans just cant see what is happening at the club.....AW's future has nothing to do with current results / the club waiting to see if Arsenal finish in the top 4. Any smart person can see the impact the uncertainty over AW's future has had on results, had Wenger committed to the contract placed in front of him months ago..Arsenal will likely have at least 6+ more points on the Board right now and finishing strongly in the top 4 as usual. But there is something bigger than the short term causing this impasse.....

Oga Sky so are you blaming the board or Wenger at this point?
At one point you said Wenger future has nothing to do with current results and in another hand, had Wenger committed to the contract offer to him months ago,Arsenal will likely be 6+ points on the board right now.So which is which you want us read between the lines?

Also what Wenger told BT sports fews weeks ago holds no water.How many times has he talk of take the club to the next level?
Let me explain something to you,Wenger will sign new contract even if Sanchez and Ozil don't sign,.Did not Ozil and Sanchez says their main reason they have not sign is to see if Wenger will be there next season?So don't you think the board look at it and want Wenger sign so those players can follow him sign also...
Lastly Wenger can't take this club to better level may be the next level is not even finishing in top 4 and playing Thursday football.
I think many Arsenal fans can't see what is happening with Wenger and the club.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

platinum wrote:

Bruv, people have been reading between the lines for years and accurately calling things out. Personally, I'm done with it. I talk to the sources only and if they want to talk, they do. No more time to spend reading between lines, people shouldn't have to.
Years ago, I said Arsenal was a poorly run club and missed the boat big time with the Invincibles. There were huge arguments. Today, it's come full cycle. It's admin wise this club fails. The biggest club in London should be doing far better than this.
I disagree on the poorly run bit. I don't see how that can be true when Arsenal is the most consistent club in the Country, without a doubt the most successful self funded club in England after Man United in the last 20 years.

For the club to do better on the pitch is exactly why AW is taking a stand...this stand-off is necessary for the improvement needed at the club. It is up to you to be done with it, I can only tell you what is going on....and why it will continue to go on.
To God be the glory
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:

:clap: :agree: I remember when you bring that topic up that we were a poor run club,i was drinking koolaid then and thought you just want to debate for the sake.Later few years I see your point and when I start read more about Wenger life style and daily activities I understand why Arsenal is poorly run by a greedy dictator that love power like Abacha
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dont be silly.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

So, in short, you're trying to pass off your opinion as fact? 6 more points indeed. :lol:

Dude, Wenger is a busted flush. Tick tock.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:Wrighty said: “If Arsenal asked me to go there in any capacity, to do ANYTHING, I would go there....
“At the end of the day, he’s got people around him that he loves...
“Gilles Grimandi, people like Robert Pires. Those people aren’t going to front him up...
“Martin Keown is the only one that’s fronted him in the last couple of years and he got him out.
“Told Martin to shut up, that he talks too much..
“No-one around Arsene Wenger can front him up and say ‘you’re wrong
.’”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -have-him/
-------------------------------------------
Interesting comments by Wrighty - he must have heard the Keown comment from the man himself.
We keep reading AW is willing to change - bring in ex-players & delegate more - i suspect & believe he's incapable of doing that.
One feels sorry for Bould who according to Raphael Honigstein is not allowed to do much with the players cos AW is about minimalism.
If you compare our team to most top teams - we looked undrilled -to allow that to continue in a league with increasing numbers of top managers is suicidal
Our board need to care about the product!!!
I don't know why you are surprise,Wenger is one arrogant man and only like people who answer him yes sir.Did not the Swedish guy we sign on loan from Russia club in his book says Wenger is the boss and no one at the club question his decision.when he speaks no one respond,every one silent like they see a ghost.
Just wait until Wenger leaves...then we'll hear all the sordid mess. I suspect many have a lot to say.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

We are writing Arsenal's obituary and they are not even dead yet. Arsenal could potentially win the FAC and get CL football. Hardly a disaster season no matter what is being said now.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:

So, in short, you're trying to pass off your opinion as fact? 6 more points indeed. :lol:

Dude, Wenger is a busted flush. Tick tock.
Didnt you know that is how points are won? They dont need to play games on the pitch anymore, just have stability in the board room and you'll be collecting points like say you dey pluck cheery :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cristao II wrote:We are writing Arsenal's obituary and they are not even dead yet. Arsenal could potentially win the FAC and get CL football. Hardly a disaster season no matter what is being said now.
Could yet happen. I think if offered at the start of the season, most would have been ticked off. Next step is what most people wanted and still want.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

we still have the ultimate humiliation of being walloped by Tottenham ahead of us... If it is any consolation, I will no longer have to hide from my pikins in order to read Cristao's posts, as his avatar is hard to explain :oops: :oops: :oops:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:we still have the ultimate humiliation of being walloped by Tottenham ahead of us... If it is any consolation, I will no longer have to hide from my pikins in order to read Cristao's posts, as his avatar is hard to explain :oops: :oops: :oops:

Arsenal is finishing behind Spurs this year. Should have happened last year. At best the Arsenal needs to fight for top 4 and the FA Cup as Cristao said, also I'd add they can play spoilers for Spurs like Chelsea did last year.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The irony of this Arsenal v Spurs match up is that Arsenal might just remember that Spurs arse belong to them and suddenly rediscover their libido again. I dont trust Spurs to say NO on a firm way.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

oloye wrote:The irony of this Arsenal v Spurs match up is that Arsenal might just remember that Spurs arse belong to them and suddenly rediscover their libido again. I dont trust Spurs to say NO on a firm way.
Not this Arsenal bro. It don't matter if Spurs gives them a 3 goal head start, the final result will still cause for one or 2 burnt cars on the Arsenal side of London.
Spurs is gonna beat this Arsenal like Bongo come what may. :oops:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."