The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Europa League equals cheaper ST tickets. HURRAAYYYYYY!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

They have cut over £200 off my ST. It is now less than £800 for the same number of games as in the CL. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Basically, my ST price means I get to pay £31 per game at the Emirates next. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Way less than What Chelski and Spuds paid in similar and less positions but the club will not get the credit. Instead you will still the rubbish about the most expensive tickets from ignorant kind people who have never paid a time for a ticket. Fark them all. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The downside, does this mean we may lose players? I fear the worst but I understand. We must move uncommitted players on. They cost us CL football in the first place.
I agree that the useless media will be silent on the cheaper tickets ... but who are the players to be lost?

Ramshyt
Giroud
Droopy
Xhacrap
Mertesacker

Yeah they can all go :rotf:
My bro, things are tricky at Aarsenal. Right now, the future is uncertain, very uncertain. Even the reduction in ST prices has led to more speculation because many just do not see a shark like Kroenke lowering ST prices especially with a 15 year Waiting List.

I doubt from what I know that Kroenke will ever sell to Usmanov. However, despite public denials, I am convinced from all the signs that Kroenke wants to cash in and run away before the fans disgrace him and his family completely. Kroenke's son was present at the Emirates on Sunday, I am convinced he would not have been easy with the protests directed at his dad and him. He experienced for the 1st time what support means in England and it is nothing like the Franchise system they know in America. Usmanov, who was present would have loved it, but he will be a fool if he thinks the fans in majority want him.

For me, there is a great chance Arsenal majority share holding and control changes hands. The FT has said as much and there are strong rumours of the Emirates group concerned with protecting its position within the club being the front runners right now.

So, could the possibility of new ownership be responsible for Wenger's contract situation? I get this feeling it has a huge part in all of this because we now know this matter of shares sale has been around for over 8 months. If we get a new owner, do they want Wenger or will they want their man? If they want Wenger, will he be the all powerful boss he wants to be? Could it be that the players know something about Wenger and ownership that may have led to an upturn on the pitch?

Look, all we can do is speculate. Things like this are kept really secret for obvious reasons and for me, Usmanov coming out seems to be a clear sign of a very frustrated man who is being snubbed and treated like a bit part player in all of this shenanigans.

Aniks my bro, if Kroenke owns this club in August and we have lost Sanchez and Ozil, without significant investment in the summer. There will be bedlam at the Emirates, Kroenke and his family will need police protection, and if Wenger tries to defend them, he too will need police protection. If I show you posts from my Whatssap group, you will be shocked at the strength of feeling the fans have against Kroenke.

All season I wondered why the fans did not force Wenger out, but the final day of the season when I expected it, Wenger was once again left alone. Then I saw the banners and heard the chants from a large section, they were not the majority but this was not the 100 to 200 protesters you get against Wenger. This was in the thousands. The supporters knew who they wanted out alright and the whole stadium knew it too. When you have numbers like that and when in my section, the supporters I know who love Wenger, but hate Kroenke, joined in the chants which were unsavoury to say the least, I just know it will get worse for the Kroenke's if they do not sell. But I fear this will all play into Usmanov's hands. Why? An insulted Kroenke might just sell to him as a parting gift.

Waffi I hear you but I don't understand all this aggression towards Kroenke. Like Wenger himself said, it was the technical side of the club that let the team down and not the owner.

The failures of the last three seasons have been no one but Wengers fault .... he has shown himself to be out of touch and without the decisive man management skills to select the proper team and bring the best out of them.

Yeah the loss of Santi has been a big blow but the fact that the team has no replacement for him and has to rely on aging player shows how far the team has fallen. All that would do is paper over the cracks in actuality .... if I'm Wenger I would just walk away but he is insanely stubborn and
I'd be shocked if he did so
Main gripe towards Kroenke is, he took money out of the club, like the Glazers and has not put money into the club except buying shares. There are others but this is key. Arsenal fans also see a project at Arsenal that is about doing it on the cheap. Sol Campbell's revelations about Kante wanting to join Arsenal last summer is the final straw. They have no faith in the current system any more. So Wenger can talk about technical issues, the fans just see it as him covering up for his bosses.

Wenger is not out of the woods. I am sticking with Wenger till he leaves because of what he has done at Arsenal. Besides, I see more than enough to convince me he is still the right man and I know I am not in the minority at the stadium.

However, there is a lot that want him gone but will never disrespect him by forcing him out. They will understand if he is gone because they feel Arsenal need a new voice and direction. I completely understand this point of view, even though I respectfully disagree.

Both sets of supporters might disagree but they are united in their pure and utter contempt for the Wenger out mob, who have shown no respect to Wenger and brought disgrace to the club. A lot of these supporters also feel they have a part to play in undermining the Manager and the club this season on the pitch.

These Wenger outers are hated by sections of support at the Emirates and you saw videos of how a section of these supporters wanted to attack the ArsenafanTv lot.

What I really now see is all these factions of divided supporters are united against the owner. This spells trouble because I have seen Arsenal supporters unite in protest twice. It was not pretty and they got their way each time.

Wenger still has the FA Cup final, it could all go horribly wrong for him and he is forced out. He has supported Kroenke by taking the blame for the season. Many supporters see this as problematic and he becoming a problem in their aim to be rid of Kroenke

The season is not yet over for Wenger and Kroenke. I will be at Wembley, God willing.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Europa League equals cheaper ST tickets. HURRAAYYYYYY!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

They have cut over £200 off my ST. It is now less than £800 for the same number of games as in the CL. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Basically, my ST price means I get to pay £31 per game at the Emirates next. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Way less than What Chelski and Spuds paid in similar and less positions but the club will not get the credit. Instead you will still the rubbish about the most expensive tickets from ignorant kind people who have never paid a time for a ticket. Fark them all. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The downside, does this mean we may lose players? I fear the worst but I understand. We must move uncommitted players on. They cost us CL football in the first place.
I agree that the useless media will be silent on the cheaper tickets ... but who are the players to be lost?

Ramshyt
Giroud
Droopy
Xhacrap
Mertesacker

My bro, things are tricky at Aarsenal. Right now, the future is uncertain, very uncertain. Even the reduction in ST prices has led to more speculation because many just do not see a shark like Kroenke lowering ST prices especially with a 15 year Waiting List.

I doubt from what I know that Kroenke will ever sell to Usmanov. However, despite public denials, I am convinced from all the signs that Kroenke wants to cash in and run away before the fans disgrace him and his family completely. Kroenke's son was present at the Emirates on Sunday, I am convinced he would not have been easy with the protests directed at his dad and him. He experienced for the 1st time what support means in England and it is nothing like the Franchise system they know in America. Usmanov, who was present would have loved it, but he will be a fool if he thinks the fans in majority want him.

For me, there is a great chance Arsenal majority share holding and control changes hands. The FT has said as much and there are strong rumours of the Emirates group concerned with protecting its position within the club being the front runners right now.

So, could the possibility of new ownership be responsible for Wenger's contract situation? I get this feeling it has a huge part in all of this because we now know this matter of shares sale has been around for over 8 months. If we get a new owner, do they want Wenger or will they want their man? If they want Wenger, will he be the all powerful boss he wants to be? Could it be that the players know something about Wenger and ownership that may have led to an upturn on the pitch?

Look, all we can do is speculate. Things like this are kept really secret for obvious reasons and for me, Usmanov coming out seems to be a clear sign of a very frustrated man who is being snubbed and treated like a bit part player in all of this shenanigans.

Aniks my bro, if Kroenke owns this club in August and we have lost Sanchez and Ozil, without significant investment in the summer. There will be bedlam at the Emirates, Kroenke and his family will need police protection, and if Wenger tries to defend them, he too will need police protection. If I show you posts from my Whatssap group, you will be shocked at the strength of feeling the fans have against Kroenke.

All season I wondered why the fans did not force Wenger out, but the final day of the season when I expected it, Wenger was once again left alone. Then I saw the banners and heard the chants from a large section, they were not the majority but this was not the 100 to 200 protesters you get against Wenger. This was in the thousands. The supporters knew who they wanted out alright and the whole stadium knew it too. When you have numbers like that and when in my section, the supporters I know who love Wenger, but hate Kroenke, joined in the chants which were unsavoury to say the least, I just know it will get worse for the Kroenke's if they do not sell. But I fear this will all play into Usmanov's hands. Why? An insulted Kroenke might just sell to him as a parting gift.

Waffi I hear you but I don't understand all this aggression towards Kroenke. Like Wenger himself said, it was the technical side of the club that let the team down and not the owner.

The failures of the last three seasons have been no one but Wengers fault
.... he has shown himself to be out of touch and without the decisive man management skills to select the proper team and bring the best out of them.

Yeah the loss of Santi has been a big blow but the fact that the team has no replacement for him and has to rely on aging player shows how far the team has fallen. All that would do is paper over the cracks in actuality .... if I'm Wenger I would just walk away but he is insanely stubborn and
Oga Waffiman, brother Anik ask you question , I beg make you answer am.

Please no vex just give the brother small answer.
I will answer you, just like I will Aniks.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:Stop switching the goalpost. I'd that's the case, you wanna compare the cost of a stadium in 2005 to 2017? Excuses.

Mugu. Your hero is a fraud and nothing will change that. Now with no UCL he better win the league cos that's the excuse he gave for Leicester and Chelsea. He can play scrubs in the Europa like he used to in the league cup.

Klopp issues you a dirty slap and instead of shutting your big mouth you're still here popping off your ignorance.

Look at this dumb dog ... tuck your small tail and whimper off ... you are clueless ... I need to go take a shower and meditate every time I respond to your soul immolating posts ..

Dummy :taunt:
Stay on subject. Did Klopp not beat Wenger home and away this season? Is he not undefeated against Wenger as Liverpool coach?

Did he not finish above Wenger his first full season...knocking him outta the UCL for the first time in twenty years? You shamelessly made excuses for Wenger playing in Europe, did you give Klopp the same excuse when he got to the Europa final last season? Or were you constantly laughing at him especially during the Dortmund game?

You're utterly shameless, shut it abeg. Your hero is a fraud.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Waffiman wrote: Sol Campbell's revelations about Kante wanting to join Arsenal last summer is the final straw. .....
Classic 'we almost signed so and so' transfer from Arsene's book of Wengertology on how to almost sign the biggest targets. Prologue contributed by Waffiman :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
Waffiman wrote: Sol Campbell's revelations about Kante wanting to join Arsenal last summer is the final straw. .....
Classic 'we almost signed so and so' transfer from Arsene's book of Wengertology on how to almost sign the biggest targets. Prologue contributed by Waffiman :taunt:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... e-10155608

metro.co.uk/2017/04/04/arsenals-failure ... l-6552751/

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/683/main ... -transfer-

This is not news. Arsenal did not pay the money and lost the player.

I do not blame Roman, I blame Kroenke. The same way, Chelski signed Hazard. But I understood the Hazard signing cos we had no money. But, no excuse for Kante.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
What about Nwakali? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

That is what started all of this. So, have you lost interest now that I exposed your hypocrisy.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Ramshyt
Giroud
Droopy
Xhacrap
Mertesacker

The failures of the last three seasons have been no one but Wengers fault .... he has shown himself to be out of touch and without the decisive man management skills to select the proper team and bring the best out of them.

Main gripe towards Kroenke is, he took money out of the club, like the Glazers and has not put money into the club except buying shares. There are others but this is key. Arsenal fans also see a project at Arsenal that is about doing it on the cheap. Sol Campbell's revelations about Kante wanting to join Arsenal last summer is the final straw. They have no faith in the current system any more. So Wenger can talk about technical issues, the fans just see it as him covering up for his bosses.

Wenger is not out of the woods. I am sticking with Wenger till he leaves because of what he has done at Arsenal. Besides, I see more than enough to convince me he is still the right man and I know I am not in the minority at the stadium.

However, there is a lot that want him gone but will never disrespect him by forcing him out. They will understand if he is gone because they feel Arsenal need a new voice and direction. I completely understand this point of view, even though I respectfully disagree.

Both sets of supporters might disagree but they are united in their pure and utter contempt for the Wenger out mob, who have shown no respect to Wenger and brought disgrace to the club. A lot of these supporters also feel they have a part to play in undermining the Manager and the club this season on the pitch.

These Wenger outers are hated by sections of support at the Emirates and you saw videos of how a section of these supporters wanted to attack the ArsenafanTv lot.

What I really now see is all these factions of divided supporters are united against the owner. This spells trouble because I have seen Arsenal supporters unite in protest twice. It was not pretty and they got their way each time.

Wenger still has the FA Cup final, it could all go horribly wrong for him and he is forced out. He has supported Kroenke by taking the blame for the season. Many supporters see this as problematic and he becoming a problem in their aim to be rid of Kroenke

The season is not yet over for Wenger and Kroenke. I will be at Wembley, God willing.

How much has Kroenke taken out Of the club and how much has been given to Arsene to spend on the likes of Xhacrap, Mustafi and Chambers when the likes of Wanyama, Van Dijk and Alderwereild were available for the less than half the price?

Waffi abeg make we hear word? Last three years have been on Wenger and not Kroenke. His indecisiveness and poor man management has left the club in its present state.

Nah not buying it ...it's all on Arsene and not Stan
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:Stop switching the goalpost. I'd that's the case, you wanna compare the cost of a stadium in 2005 to 2017? Excuses.

Mugu. Your hero is a fraud and nothing will change that. Now with no UCL he better win the league cos that's the excuse he gave for Leicester and Chelsea. He can play scrubs in the Europa like he used to in the league cup.

Klopp issues you a dirty slap and instead of shutting your big mouth you're still here popping off your ignorance.

Look at this dumb dog ... tuck your small tail and whimper off ... you are clueless ... I need to go take a shower and meditate every time I respond to your soul immolating posts ..

Stay on subject. Did Klopp not beat Wenger home and away this season? Is he not undefeated against Wenger as Liverpool coach?

Did he not finish above Wenger his first full season...knocking him outta the UCL for the first time in twenty years? You shamelessly made excuses for Wenger playing in Europe, did you give Klopp the same excuse when he got to the Europa final last season? Or were you constantly laughing at him especially during the Dortmund game?

You're a shocking clown and a daft one at that. You are the dope comparing the finances of stadium building in the early to mid to 2000s to this year. Stop shifting the goalposts you daft clown.

You remind me of those who shoot first and aim later... ode oshi ...tuck tail and vamoose ...mugu
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:
What about Nwakali? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

That is what started all of this. So, have you lost interest now that I exposed your hypocrisy.
Which Nwakali? The one who played in division 2 or is it D3 in Holland this season? Should I paste a link of Mikel's first team (40+) appearances as a teenager at Chelsea during his first season? Do you really want to get exposed? I'm talking league games. Carling Cup finals. FA Cup Finals. CL Knockout rounds up to the semi-finals. Trophies he lifted that season. Would you like to know how many of those games that Mikel started as a teenager? Biko, let sleeping dogs lie. Hypocrisy ko. Fraudster ni. :taunt:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

You're a shocking clown and a daft one at that. You are the dope comparing the finances of stadium building in the early to mid to 2000s to this year. Stop shifting the goalposts you daft clown.

You remind me of those who shoot first and aim later... ode oshi ...tuck tail and vamoose ...mugu
You're utterly shameless. What frickin difference does it make if it's 2005 and 2017? Was it chump change in 2015? Arsenal's stadium was about £400m and Spurs' will cost about £750 million so what's your point? Didn't the banks mandate Spurs and Juventus which coaches to you're before the hot financing for their stadiums? 2005, 2017, who cares, it's still a lot of money regardless so answer the damn question.
Last edited by theYemster on Tue May 23, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

You're utterly shameless. What frickin difference does it make if it's 2005 and 2017? Was it chump change in 2015? Why didn't the banks mandate the likes of Spurs and Juventus on which coaches to you're before the hot financing for their stadiums? 2005, 2017, who cares, it's still a lot of money regardless so answer the damn question.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Are you playing the role of a dope or are you really this daft?

Are you comparing the funds available to EPL teams today in comparison to the situation back then? OMG Nah I'm not gonna waste my Time with you..:

You are too daft ... Tufiakwa

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

You're utterly shameless. What frickin difference does it make if it's 2005 and 2017? Was it chump change in 2015? Why didn't the banks mandate the likes of Spurs and Juventus on which coaches to you're before the hot financing for their stadiums? 2005, 2017, who cares, it's still a lot of money regardless so answer the damn question.

Are you comparing the funds available to EPL teams today in comparison to the situation back then? OMG Nah I'm not gonna waste my Time with you..:

Dude answer the damn question instead of asking daft questions to deflect from the fact that you can't provide a rationale. Yes clubs make more money today but Spurs' stadium will cost almost double what Emirates cost so it evens it out. So, again, where's the mandate from the banks that coach X must be in charge of else no money?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Dude answer the damn question instead of asking daft questions to deflect from the fact that you can't provide a rationale. Yes clubs make more money today but Spurs' stadium will cost almost double what Emirates cost so it evens it out. So, again, where's the mandate from the banks that coach X must be in charge of else no money?

Why are we talking about a mandate? WTF DOES that have to do with what we are discussing? You are an idiota for real :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Again you goat why do you think Arsenal can survive without champions league money as compared to years ago ? Why do you think Top four finishes were so vital to the teams financial survival ?

This is like talking quantum physics with a mannequin ... abeg go siddon

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:

Waffi, per the highlighted, no be you blast me a few years ago when I complained that we weren't signing players because of money, meanwhile the bobo was using 75 million to renovate his house/build a fence? I remember you asked me why I wanted the guy to spend his own money on the team.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This thread just dey sweet me!

See all the in-fighting. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And then you have the lashing out @ Chelsea, and the jealousy towards Spurs. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Then he condescension against less intelligent posters like Kajifu, Anikulapo and Oja Fry Pan head. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kaii! God! Thank you for this season sha!!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:

I have long been arguing that building a stadium at the expense of on-field performace was the wrong move. There are lots of reasons to build a new stadium (most are sentimental), but match-day revenue wasn't one. Long-term, I have always argued that match-day revenue will continue to provide an ever diminishing contribution. Heck, i see a future where we are almost paying people to come to stadium to provide "atmosphere". This your exuberant post is glimpse into that future
Stop talking from the crack of your arse. I went to Highbury, and I now go to the Emirates. If you had match day experiences like I have for over 20 years, you will not write the BS you just wrote above.

Arsenal's match day revenue is a significant part of their revenue. What is key is, come June, the club will have receipts of about £70m, they can then start planning on the basis of that cash.

When you make the statement you make above, I am left wondering if you really understand what you are on about at any level. How can you dismiss income of £100m plus? Saying it will continue to provide an ever diminishing contribution? For who? The supporters who pay to go, or the club?
some people watch trends, and see the future. Others wait until events overtake them to see it. How much is Arsenal gate receipts now as % of total revenue? under 30%? How much was it when we started thinking of building the stadium? While 30% is not something to sneeze at. We should have done everything humanly possible to prioritize winning on the field over building a beautiful edifice. Investing in a non-growing (heck declining in relative terms) revenue stream particularly at the expense of an exponentially growing one is a dumb economic move. But you are an accountant and not an economist, that distinction is lost on you. You are trained to only see the past, present and at best immediate future.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:

I have long been arguing that building a stadium at the expense of on-field performace was the wrong move. There are lots of reasons to build a new stadium (most are sentimental), but match-day revenue wasn't one. Long-term, I have always argued that match-day revenue will continue to provide an ever diminishing contribution. Heck, i see a future where we are almost paying people to come to stadium to provide "atmosphere". This your exuberant post is glimpse into that future
Stop talking from the crack of your arse. I went to Highbury, and I now go to the Emirates. If you had match day experiences like I have for over 20 years, you will not write the BS you just wrote above.

Arsenal's match day revenue is a significant part of their revenue. What is key is, come June, the club will have receipts of about £70m, they can then start planning on the basis of that cash.

When you make the statement you make above, I am left wondering if you really understand what you are on about at any level. How can you dismiss income of £100m plus? Saying it will continue to provide an ever diminishing contribution? For who? The supporters who pay to go, or the club?
some people watch trends, and see the future. Others wait until events overtake them to see it. How much is Arsenal gate receipts now as % of total revenue? under 30%? How much was it when we started thinking of building the stadium? While 30% is not something to sneeze at. We should have done everything humanly possible to prioritize winning on the field over building a beautiful edifice. Investing in a non-growing (heck declining in relative terms) revenue stream particularly at the expense of an exponentially growing one is a dumb economic move. But you are an accountant and not an economist, that distinction is lost on you. You are trained to only see the past, present and at best immediate future.
Not to barge in on your argument, but you do need to think this stuff through before laying your argument down. The revenue stream from that stadium is going to be steady, dependable, and consistent for many many years to come, whether trophies are being won or lost. Your so-called exponentially-growing streams are all transient and mostly dependent on "winning," which no one guarantees. Every season, there are just about 4 trophies that can be won, and about 6 to 8 teams in with a chance to win them. In all your wisdom, and from what you're saying, I'll definitely take those 'dumb' Arsenal board members ahead of you in the smartness stakes.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Hmmm I am not sure if I am the right person to say this. This is just a blip in 1 out of 21 seasons. Yes, you have not won the league in how many years. Once more like before, the North London battles seem to have swung in Spurs' favour but that is cyclical. However now I am tempted to ask - why do you guys support Arsenal? If Arsenal were to become like Leeds United, would you still support the club?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Cris, t'is amazing how apocalyptic the prophesies are. Change in ethos and philosophy can only bring doom, gloom and the Leeds Unitedation of Beloved. The very Sam gamble on fourth that has been sure as houses for so long, failed and yet, such is the bounce of the kangaroo court, the marsupialised masses are shying away from discussing the probable. The competition strengthens, dangling the curvaceous Champions League football concubine before stars and studs, enticing their carnal concupiscence. The Greizmans et al flock in number. To that is added the possible departures of the few that made the mass of mediocrity that bit better. Alas the ceiling is raised and floor beneath one's feet drops down a tier. How soon before the chorus of "they brought Killian, Antoine, even Erykah Badu's Tyrone" is tendered once more? How long before its more net spend, net yield, netflix, Netanyahu? Again, more nets than the disciples fishing with Jesus. The masters of casuistry pulling more nets from their sleeves than a caboret stripper preforming the ultimate wedgie.

As has been said for a decade and more, Beloved was fornicated the day Wengerism embarked on a coup d'etat worthy of a soundtrack by Eddy Kenzo and a stethoscope swinging Scottish Medical student.

Sitya Loss brethren.

Welcome to 2005.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Cally wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:

Not to barge in on your argument, but you do need to think this stuff through before laying your argument down. The revenue stream from that stadium is going to be steady, dependable, and consistent for many many years to come, whether trophies are being won or lost. Your so-called exponentially-growing streams are all transient and mostly dependent on "winning," which no one guarantees. Every season, there are just about 4 trophies that can be won, and about 6 to 8 teams in with a chance to win them. In all your wisdom, and from what you're saying, I'll definitely take those 'dumb' Arsenal board members ahead of you in the smartness stakes.
It's that love for consistent predictability that leads to mediocrity. Like I said, some people see the future, others wait till they can nearly touch it to know it. There were many ways to skin that stadium cat. We could have done better without handicapping ourselves the way we did. Thank God, we had Wenger who delivered a decent team at almost no cost. It could have been worse.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Ramshyt
Giroud
Droopy
Xhacrap
Mertesacker

How much has Kroenke taken out Of the club and how much has been given to Arsene to spend on the likes of Xhacrap, Mustafi and Chambers when the likes of Wanyama, Van Dijk and Alderwereild were available for the less than half the price?

Waffi abeg make we hear word? Last three years have been on Wenger and not Kroenke. His indecisiveness and poor man management has left the club in its present state.

Kroenke has taken over £60m via his company that gave us StatsDNA. Plus his son earns over £200,000 per annum including expenses seating in the Board of Directors in some capacity.

The money used to buy players is money generated by the club trough its football activities. Not a dime has cone from Kroenke. Fans do not want his to put his money in, so long as he does not take a penny out. Fans have a real gripe about the money he has taken out of the club. It is all in the accounts.

With regards to Wenger I have stated his position too and the fans are divided about him. But this issue unites all the fans against Kroenke.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi, per the highlighted, no be you blast me a few years ago when I complained that we weren't signing players because of money, meanwhile the bobo was using 75 million to renovate his house/build a fence? I remember you asked me why I wanted the guy to spend his own money on the team.
I did not blast you. I acknowledged your point then and it has become very relevant now. Especially when there is no success and clubs beat us to our number one targets in the transfer market. You remember the club tried to defend it as being for services provided by his company for the in-house bespoke software.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Ramshyt
Giroud
Droopy
Xhacrap
Mertesacker

Kroenke has taken over £60m via his company that gave us StatsDNA. Plus his son earns over £200,000 per annum including expenses seating in the Board of Directors in some capacity.

The money used to buy players is money generated by the club trough its football activities. Not a dime has cone from Kroenke. Fans do not want his to put his money in, so long as he does not take a penny out. Fans have a real gripe about the money he has taken out of the club. It is all in the accounts.

With regards to Wenger I have stated his position too and the fans are divided about him. But this issue unites all the fans against Kroenke.
....when this issue was discussed a few years ago, you seemed not to be perturbed by it.........in fact I remembered you saying that he was providing a 'service'..........kroneke has more ways than baba, Abacha & Oba combined
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke