Griezmann to Barcelona

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg
Griezmann to Barcelona

Post by Heliopolis »

The rich get richer :boo: :boo: :boo:

Don't understand why he chose to resign with Atletico last year and why Atletico didn't just set a higher release clause.

Good for him and Barca, bad for competition. :boo:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/283 ... it-rumours
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg
Re: Griezmann to Barcelona

Post by ahidjo2 »

Heliopolis wrote:The rich get richer :boo: :boo: :boo:

Don't understand why he chose to resign with Atletico last year and why Atletico didn't just set a higher release clause.

Good for him and Barca, bad for competition. :boo:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/283 ... it-rumours
Why do we need to know this? Of what interest is Griezmann to Nigeria? At this point, Nigeria is preparing for 3 major tournaments-U20, women's world cup and AFCON. We should focus on their preparations and leave the French to discuss Griezmann going to the moon.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Chukwueze to Athletico please :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Chukwueze to Athletico please :thumbs:
He is not at that level.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

He’s better than Dembele and Coutinho but he's 28 and Madrid is going for people like Rodrygo and Jovic.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rawlings wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Chukwueze to Athletico please :thumbs:
He is not at that level.
You’re not tall enough to see any level.
OCCUPY NFF!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I don't rate the guy.
http://www.naijiant.com/
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Barcelona has been signing a lot of players in recent years even expensive ones like Dembele and Coutinho, but still relies on Messi magic.

I wonder if Greizmann is a good fit for Barcelona
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

benteke wrote:Barcelona has been signing a lot of players in recent years even expensive ones like Dembele and Coutinho, but still relies on Messi magic.

I wonder if Greizmann is a good fit for Barcelona
I would have said yes a few years ago, but now, I don't know. Looks like adapting to their system is hard.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waste of money,Barca all their spending yet average in recent years in CL.4 years now first time they make semi.Hope they never win CL again.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

at least Barcelona have wasted no time in identifying targets to plug holes and they are moving fast, meanwhile, OGS says a lot at press conferences but we do not see any action, i was expecting to hear that man united have decided to offload 10 players! nothing yet
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

marko wrote:at least Barcelona have wasted no time in identifying targets to plug holes and they are moving fast, meanwhile, OGS says a lot at press conferences but we do not see any action, i was expecting to hear that man united have decided to offload 10 players! nothing yet

And they will have full preseason with their targets. That's good planning.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:at least Barcelona have wasted no time in identifying targets to plug holes and they are moving fast, meanwhile, OGS says a lot at press conferences but we do not see any action, i was expecting to hear that man united have decided to offload 10 players! nothing yet
Spot on dude. Of the top clubs in Europe, Manchester United is the one that needs the most rebuilding and has needed that for years.

For all the noise and slating that United gets for wasting money and overspending, the most expensive signings are just Pogba and Lukaku, the rest are just the normal average signings. And they are lacklustre ones.

Then you look at a really top team like Barcelona, that has won CL recently, they have been running around every season in the transfer market frantically getting players to keep them competing at the top, we cannot blame them for effort, Barcelona is doing whatever it takes to remain at the top and not fall behind, paying whatever was demanded for Coutunho showed that they don't want to fall behind, although it now looks like a bad choice, but that happens.

Manchester City have just defended their title, and talk/rumours are that they are already looking at a couple of big transfers to replace some of their important ageing players.

United will make a lot of noise again as usual,
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

cic old boy wrote:I don't rate the guy.
Griezmann :clap: is a world class baller. Top 5 baller in the world.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Top player. Suerez is on a downward slope.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Azubuike Griezmann is top drawer, how can one doubt the pedigree of a player who's done it on every stage? Suarez has lost that yard of pace and looks as if he's lining up in the queue to be finished. Going rates are somewhat ridiculous, nevertheless, good signing.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Should have gone for Mbappe before Dembele /Coutinho /Griezman.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:Azubuike Griezmann is top drawer, how can one doubt the pedigree of a player who's done it on every stage? Suarez has lost that yard of pace and looks as if he's lining up in the queue to be finished. Going rates are somewhat ridiculous, nevertheless, good signing.
Including choking in 2 CL finals. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Antoine is very versatile. And I do not mean positionally, I mean, in tactics. With Valverde's sh*t on a stick counter attacking, Antoine will fit in like a glove. He has done so at Atleti! If Barca find their balls and bring in a possession coach, Antoine will also adapt very well to that, as his off the ball runs and finishing is up there.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Griezmann is an overated player. He is a good poacher with telepathic positioning but he can be easily marked out of a game. Also I am skeptical about his goal conversion ratio.

At Barcelona he is likely to thrive better as the support network upfront is exceptional. There are better forwards. Just my 2 cents.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Barca buying Griezmann is almost like inserting a cheat code into a computer game. Their attack next season will be terrifying. Velverde will have the "problem" of which of Messi, Coutinho, Griezmann, Dembele, and Suarez to unleash on the oppo.

Flipside: I wonder who Atletico will buy to replace Griezmann?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:Barca buying Griezmann is almost like inserting a cheat code into a computer game. Their attack next season will be terrifying. Velverde will have the "problem" of which of Messi, Coutinho, Griezmann, Dembele, and Suarez to unleash on the oppo.

Flipside: I wonder who Atletico will buy to replace Griezmann?
Samu dey there o, can CE put in a good word for him lol!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

danfo driver wrote:
Coach wrote:Azubuike Griezmann is top drawer, how can one doubt the pedigree of a player who's done it on every stage? Suarez has lost that yard of pace and looks as if he's lining up in the queue to be finished. Going rates are somewhat ridiculous, nevertheless, good signing.
Including choking in 2 CL finals. :clap: :clap: :clap:
It happens, can recall a phenomenon having convulsions before a final once upon a time.