[Man United] New Manager - Jose Mourinho.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [Man United] LVG to leave. Welcome Jose

Post by Coach »

^Usual dressing room leak. It never ceases to amaze how journalists champion the mole reneging on the oath to secrecy to trade his tales for Judasian gold, all the way lambasting a manager's loss of the dressing room. Is not the etiquette of that very chamber lost in the mouth of the mutineer holding their audience? How fantastically double-standard. Nevertheless, Van Gaal is gone and 2 years of Mourinho beckons, rather than the longevity of his stay, the greater conundrum would be the moniker accompanying him to the press conference. The Destined One. The Fergusonian One. The Wiser One. The Humbled One. Or perhaps, the, 2 Year Tenancy One. Having wandered around some of the game's greatest names, perhaps t'is time for the Settled One to emerge from the petulant, profligate pupae, draped in clothes of tactical change and philosophical evolution.

As for the Camerons, Fosus and Rashfords, the latter will certainly deputise, the formers may well be forgotten in a mad dash for immediate success.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:thumb:

meanwhile i've just had a big English breakfast @ LHR.

Onwards and upwards :D :D

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

cic old boy wrote:
oloye wrote:Seriously there should be boundaries within which ambition should drive a man, i dont know what is going on here, but everything sounds and looks immoral. From Jose who it appears has allowed ambition to becloud his sense of decency, to Mendes who worships money and of course the Manchester united management who are treating a seasoned coach without respect with all the murky stuff going on in the background.
My brother, morality and football in the same sentence? This is a club owned by vulture capitalists and run for them by an investment banker. Their only interest is how much they can make. Once there was no CL football and all the money involved, Van Gaal was a goner.

Borinho and them are a marriage of convenience. He will bring them attention and high maintenance drama and possibly CL qualification. They will pay him megabucks and spend top dollar on Mendes’ players (making money for Mendes and Borinho). If there is success on the pitch, everybody is happy. If there isn’t, expect the drama of Borinho’s patented scorched earth policy.

The other people happy about this are the media. My Chelski supporting boss predicted that Borinho will take Manure to mid table next season. :lol:
My brother i know, i know , that is why my first attention was on Jose. While one may not be able to control corporate lusts and greed for profit, the individuals caught within it at least should be able to exercise some sense of decency. I cannot fault Mendes, he works within the system to make money, but i can fault Jose and ManU.

I can fault Jose because at the end of the day he should be able to say sorry, i cannot cross this line. I can fault ManU because in order to swim with a pig, they jumped into murky waters to bring themselves to the level of a pig!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

still no word from United.

Meanwhile the media have fired LVG....hmmm

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If Man Utd appoint Mourinho, they'd have done it 3 years late. They should have appointed him when SAF retired. Had they done so, they'd probably have won 1-2 EPL titles since then and would have been in the CL every season since. Going for Moyes instead was a mistake.

One the one hand firing LVG days after he won the FA Cup and missed a CL place on goal difference may seem harsh. On the other hand getting their lowest goals total for 26 years, and leading the EPL in sideways and backwards passes, is asking for trouble.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Not a Utd. fan but I go celebrate for LVG and all things decent should they retain him.

Top class coach.

I am sure he will have a few words to say about Jose and the media should his stint at Utd. come to an end.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Decent man but he had to go! the way Leicester won the League with average players exposed all the top premiership managers, man United have not improved under his tenure, we are so predictable, average to say the least, Mourinho will have to get rid of dead Wood, the likes of Carrick, Jones, Smalling, januzaj, Valencia, Young, Mata, herrera, Rojo will have to be shown the door, good players but not man United quality we need to get back to the top, Mourinho has to be ruthless, no sentiments allowed
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It is official. LVG has been fired. Here is what Jose thinks of Man Utd:

...and the Man Utd players' reaction to LVG being sacked:
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Why are peeps so sure that Mourinho will win trophies at Man U
in short order? I think he is more likely NOT to produce immediate
results. It's not like Conte, Guardiola, Klopp and Wenger will be
twiddling their thumbs.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

oloye wrote:Seriously there should be boundaries within which ambition should drive a man, i dont know what is going on here, but everything sounds and looks immoral. From Jose who it appears has allowed ambition to becloud his sense of decency, to Mendes who worships money and of course the Manchester united management who are treating a seasoned coach without respect with all the murky stuff going on in the background.
The seasoned coach should have respected himself by meeting the agreed minimum target of champions league football by addressing glaring issues in the team's approach to the game for 38 weeks. He should have respected himself by not stubbornly playing Mata on the right wing, Ashley Young as center forward among other interesting decisions week in week out. United is primarily a business and Van Gaal was earning huge money to keep this business afloat. People like you have laughed at and mocked United's boring approach that was left unaddressed for months yet you blame the management for letting go of a top manager whose only emotional display during crucial moments was to sit down there and write some nonsense on his notepad. I can do that for free.

Louis van Gaal must be living in some lala land if he thinks he can get a job and also dictate his own targets. FA cup was his target as he openly declared knowing fully well that United's management were clear that their target is always the EPL and the champions league. He lost his job at West Ham. He should know it. He should enjoy his FA cup glory but just as Van Persie's, Di Maria's, Chicharito's, Evra's, Nani's etc's objectives did not align with his, it is clear his no longer align with United's. There is no room for emotions here. With his result in 2 years he would have been fired at Chelsea, Bayern, Man City, Barca, Real, Juventus - he should expect the same at United. The expectations that he called 'too high' is real. The 76,000 at Old Trafford every match day and millions across the globe expect excellence or at least a top class effort towards excellence and the transfer budget from the management attests to that.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Ebyboy wrote:Why are peeps so sure that Mourinho will win trophies at Man U
twiddling their thumbs.
Remove Wenger from your list :D .

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Next to Ferguson and Guardiola, Mourinho is the closest thing to guaranteed success in the modern game. He has won the league title in four different leagues, won the title with every club he has ever managed, and won the CL with two different teams. Only 5 coaches in the history of football have ever won the CL with two different teams. That is special.

That said, Spain may have the best players and teams, but next season England will have the best managers: Conte, Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, Wenger, Pochettino, Benitez all managing in the same league = fireworks.
in short order?
I think he is more likely NOT to produce immediate
twiddling their thumbs.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote:
twiddling their thumbs.
Are people rating Conte above Wenger? The same conte that failed repeatedly in champions League and Allegri took over same Juve (lost Vidal, Pirlo, Tevez) and went to the Champions League Final.

What has conte achieved to be rated highly? Winning scudetti that Allegri also walked when he took The Job.

Has Conte done something that i don't know about?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
twiddling their thumbs.
Are people rating Conte above Wenger? The same conte that failed repeatedly in champions League and Allegri took over same Juve (lost Vidal, Pirlo, Tevez) and went to the Champions League Final.

What has conte achieved to be rated highly? Winning scudetti that Allegri also walked when he took The Job.

He has won more trophies than Wenger in the last 10 years :D

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

YemiBrazil wrote:
The seasoned coach should have respected himself by meeting the agreed minimum target of champions league football by addressing glaring issues in the team's approach to the game for 38 weeks. He should have respected himself by not stubbornly playing Mata on the right wing, Ashley Young as center forward among other interesting decisions week in week out. United is primarily a business and Van Gaal was earning huge money to keep this business afloat. People like you have laughed at and mocked United's boring approach that was left unaddressed for months yet you blame the management for letting go of a top manager whose only emotional display during crucial moments was to sit down there and write some nonsense on his notepad. I can do that for free.

Louis van Gaal must be living in some lala land if he thinks he can get a job and also dictate his own targets. FA cup was his target as he openly declared knowing fully well that United's management were clear that their target is always the EPL and the champions league. He lost his job at West Ham. He should know it. He should enjoy his FA cup glory but just as Van Persie's, Di Maria's, Chicharito's, Evra's, Nani's etc's objectives did not align with his, it is clear his no longer align with United's. There is no room for emotions here. With his result in 2 years he would have been fired at Chelsea, Bayern, Man City, Barca, Real, Juventus - he should expect the same at United. The expectations that he called 'too high' is real. The 76,000 at Old Trafford every match day and millions across the globe expect excellence or at least a top class effort towards excellence and the transfer budget from the management attests to that.
I don't have any problem with him being fired if they want to fire him, but do so with dignity. One can even say that the officials of ManU were probably praying and hoping that the team lose on Saturday, so that firing him would be a lot easier and not as murky!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
twiddling their thumbs.

Who hasnt? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

I don't have any problem with him being fired if they want to fire him, but do so with dignity. One can even say that the officials of ManU were probably praying and hoping that the team lose on Saturday, so that firing him would be a lot easier and not as murky!
Two things make your comment weak, Sir

1. Did you have a problem when Van Gaal was offered the job when Moyes was still manager? And were you comfortable with Van Gaal taking the job after the poor manner Moyes was treated?

2. Mourinho was offered the United job in December and accepted it. Van Gaal has known this for months. It wasnt announced because they didnt want a Man City like colapse.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

oloye wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

Saturday was actually irrelevant. He did not qualify for the champions league. He played up the FA cup while hoping for the best knowing Ed Woodward is always confused. I want to pity because I had high hopes on him but he was a huge disappointment - and why pity these guys? They are well covered with bulletproof contracts and don't give a damn when they make their own decisions :D

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Can't wait to see another spectacular failure from Maureenho
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
twiddling their thumbs.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Let Uncle Waffiman catch you.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
twiddling their thumbs.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I think he was referring to Giggs' "extra-curricular" activities with his brother's wife...
felarey wrote:
tfco wrote: [
great player

very despicable human

i read his wife filed for D a few weeks back....finally
Haba! Aren't you a married man or atleast you'd probably been in a long term relationship even if girlfriend. This happens to the best of us.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

YemiBrazil wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
twiddling their thumbs.

You started the yap of our manager and now you talking about catch you.
Wenger need to go but you are just wicked to rubbish him like that.He has won 2 trophies in the last 10 years.